I'm Not As Strong As I Look

By NinjaGem500

Hawkodile is known as the bodyguard of princess Unikitty and the kingdom, has powerful strength to do that, b... More

I'm Not As Strong As I Look....

2.7K 48 126
By NinjaGem500

Hawkodile walked through the castle hallways looking more upset than usual, even more upset about Eagleator's return then saying he'd come back or when he could never find a way to tell Dr. Fox his feelings for her.

His eyes began to fill with tears as all the memories just started to suddenly come back. The name calling, the harassment, the bullying, and the depression...

Hawkodile still had scars when that gang would pick on him all the time, it would cause him to cut himself and even have suicidal thoughts....
No matter where he went or what he did, they always found a way to pick on him. Hawkodile would beg for them to stop witch only made them beat on him more.

They made Hawkodile go through so much torment just because of his eye color....

"Why?" Was the question Hawkodile always asked himself after his days beating, what did he ever do to deserve it?

The bullying was the reason he started to learn martial arts. He couldn't take it anymore! Hawkodile just wanted the beatings to stop so he took the chance to learn how to fight.

At that moment, the day Hawkodile felt the worst pain of his life. He screamed and begged but they just laughed. That day was probably the hardest he ever tried to fight back but it was no use, he was completely overpowered.
The day that they....they-

"Hey, Hawkodile!"

Hawkodile jumped then turned around to seeing a smiling Unikitty who was walking with Puppycorn, Dr.Fox, and Richard "O-Oh, hey guys. Is their anything y'all need?" Hawkodile asked, putting on a smile by their unexpected visit.

"Just have to tell everyone goodnight then that all!" Unikitty smiled "You were just walking around the castle mumbling and every time we tried to say something, you didn't respond so we came up with a few things to cheer you up! I said: Hawkodile, mumble if you're the strongest person in the world. You mumbled so you are!" Unikitty said smiling before hugging Hawkodile then pulled away frowning.

"But you didn't smile. Is something wrong, Hawkodile?" The half kitty and half unicorn asked, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, and Richard looking just as worried as Unikitty did.

It made Hawkodile frown seeing his friends worry about him but he didn't want them knowing the why "N-No. J-Just tired, goodnight princess, goodnight guys." He pretend to yawn before walking past them and heading towards the door so he could go back home.

The others gave each other looks as they watched Hawkodile leave the castle "I don't believe him. It felt like he was so upset I can feel it..." Unikitty said, starting to tear up and her pink fur turning blue "We'll follow him back and see what's going on." Dr. Fox said, the others nodding in agreement before quietly following Hawkodile.

Hawkodile finally made it back to his home where his training objects were still in place. He sighed in disappointment of himself.

You're so weak

How could he be Unikitty's body guard when he had this sadness that was bigger than the ocean?

They don't need you.

Hawkodile sighed going over to his night stand and turning on the small lamp that remained on it.

They're just trying to get your trust so they can set you up

As he opening the drawer having it's blank place a notebook, pencil, and what Hawkodile made sure the others couldn't find....
A razor blade stained with his own blood...

How did you earn the title: "Unikitty's bodyguard?!"

Hawkodile opened the notebook and began to write with the pencil in hand then his razor blade still in the drawer..

You're useless

"That's not true..."

Yes it is!

"No."

I bet they talk about you behind your back all the time about how weak and useless you are!

"N-No, they don't." Hawkodile still continued to write but his eyes now filling with tears.

I know they do it so much I can almost taste it

"P-Please just leave me alone..."
Hawkodile begged in a cracked voice that sounded like he was gunna cry.

They never loved you

"YES THEY DO!!!" Hawkodile screamed, starting to punch and kick with all his might onto his punching back and other training equipment with tears of frustration and sadness streaming down his face.

Once he finally calmed down, Hawkodile looked around to see the huge mess he made after his bottle of rage was released. He sighed then curled next to his bed to hug his knees as tight as he could before sobbing loudly "T-They do love me, they have to! I trained so much, I worked so hard..."

Well you obviously didn't try hard enough

Hawkodile was about to scream back at the voices in his head but sighed in defeat before sobbing more, depression sparkle matters escaping from his head due to the strong emotions.

Hawkodile picked his head up then looked into the drawer to grab his-
"No! I'm not gunna do it! I can't let the others find out...." he said before looking at the picture of Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, himself, even Richard smiling in the picture they took having a snowball fight in the snow on "Snow-Day", but of course that was also when Hawkodile was still felling this depression.

That day, Hawkodile wished he didn't have the stupid voices to ruin his fun. His friends asked multiple times if he was alright but Hawkodile said he was fine when he wasn't.

Suddenly, the glass that was protecting the picture to keep in it's frame showed himself but more like an evil version with sharp teeth.

"You know this is good for you. What's a few cuts gunna do? They don't even care." Hawkodile's evil looking reflection said with a smirk "It's not good for me, the others do care about me..." Hawkodile's weak voice said from crying, trying to convince himself.

"No they don't."

"Yes they do!" Hawkodile yelled back then banged his fist against the bed before crying into his arms.

The evil reflection smirked, showing his sharp teeth "How can you even call yourself a warrior if you can't fight these emotions?" Both of their eyes looked at the drawer "Just do it. No one's gunna stop you." He smirked.

Hawkodile sighed "Y-You win..." More tears rolled down Hawkodile's face as he reached into the drawer and grabbed the razor blade.

Hawkodile pulled back some of his feathers to show a few scars from the last time he cut himself. He tried not to cut himself all the time so the others wouldn't notice. The first time it almost seemed impossible to hide it from the others but managed to keep it a secret until the cuts wouldn't bleed so much.

Hawkodile flinched the first few times the blade opened his skin but after the first five times, he got used to the pain and continued sliding the blade across his flesh. After a few minutes on Hawkodile's right wrist, he pulled his brown feathers down to cut the other wrist.

Suddenly, the door to the small tree house barged open and Hawkodile whipped around to face the intruder.

"Hawkodile what are you doing!?"
Screamed Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, and Richard seeing the horrifying scene and all saw blood dripping from Hawkodile's right wrist and a razor blade dripping with blood in his other hand.

"Princess, guys, it's not what it looks like!" Sweat started dripping down Hawkodile's forehead as he tried to think of an explanation "I-I fell and landed on my wrist and apparently a razor blade was on the ground."

"And the razor blade so happed to cut you up multiple times by falling only once?" Said Richard, not believing H.D's lie. Hawkodile gulped nodding slowly "Y-Yeah..."

"Well, this notebook tells a different story." Hawkodile turned around and saw that Dr. Fox apparently got behind him and she was going through the notebook that was on Hawkodile's bed.

"Wait!" Hawkodile tried to take the notebook from Dr. Fox but Puppycorn and Richard held him back making Hawkodile squirm to escape their grasp so Dr. Fox and Unikitty can see the writing.

"How did I claim the title 'Unikitty's bodyguard?' or even a 'Warrior'? I don't know, no matter how hard I try I'm only getting weaker." Dr. Fox read out loud.

"Okay, you caught me. You can let me go now!" Hawkodile was gunna try kicking Rick and Puppycorn away but felt Unikitty hold his ankles together "Forgive me, Hawkodile. But if this is the only way to find out why you're upset then I must do this!" Unikitty said before Dr. Fox continued to read.

"I'm sorry if I caused any pain to y'all, but I'm fixing your problem now. Unikitty, I always enjoyed being your bodyguard. Puppycorn, you were always my favorite one to play basketball with. Richard, I know we barely even talk but I wanna thank you for helping me learn when I was acting stupid. And Dr. Fox... I've always wanted to tell you that I loved you, underneath by muscular chest my heart always pounded when you were near me and when we talked, I felt like my face was blushing as hot as a volcano."

All their eyes began to fill with tears, even Dr. Fox rubbed her eyes and sniffled and Unikitty's pink fur was now blue while Hawkodile just hanged his head, ashamed of himself.

"I've had battles I've made in first, second, or third place but this is the battle I've lost...
This is it, I'm sorry I lost my fight. Goodbye..."

They all let out a soft sniffle but Unikitty was already sobbing, giving Hawkodile's ankles a bone squeezing hug making Hawkodile flinch in a bit of pain.

Once Dr. Fox put down the note, she gasp seeing the other object in Hawkodile's drawer. Their mouths dropped and eyes widened seeing Dr. Fox pull out a gun from the drawer.

They all glanced at Hawkodile to see him sniffling as tears flushed down his beak and brown feathers. Unikitty, Puppycorn, and Rickard all let go of him, Hawkodile falling to his knees and not bothering to look up.

"Hawk, why?" Unikitty sniffled. Hawkodile sobbed wiping away his tears.

"T-Their's parts of my past, I never told y'all. I hope y'all like long stories cause this might take a little while."

*Flash back*

"Let me go!"
Screamed a raged, young kid who was actually Hawkodile as he squirmed to escape his bullies grasp, but to them it just seemed like a child trying to escape their parents.

The leader of the group known as Blacklion (Black panther and Lion hybrid) punched Hawkodile's face again making Hawk cough up red blood, blood that matched his eye color.

"I bet his parents regret keeping him because of the embarrassment they have to face of his eyes!" Said Tigeranther (Tiger and Panther hybrid. Basically the same thing as a black panther but whatever!) who was holding down Hawkodile's left arm "Yeah, they probably talk about him behind his back all the time!" Teased Wolfake (Wolf and Snake hybrid), holding down H.D's right arm.

"Shut up!" Yelled Hawkodile, angered.

"Do you seriously think you're a threat to us?" Blacklion said, stopping as Wolfake and Tigeranther let up go but Hawkodile's crimson eyes showed that he was still afraid.

"Listen to me and you listen good!" Blacklion then glared down at him, his face showing nothing but hatred to the hawk and crocodile hybrid "You're a freak and just a younger, and dumber version of your brother. You're lucky you have him cause you're never gunna make any friends." Blacklion, Tigeranther, and Wolfake all laughed walking away to leave Hawkodile alone near the alleyway.

Even though his apartment was only a few more minutes away, he didn't want his brother to see him like this. His mom and dad.....

Hawkodile sniffled as he thought about his parents then pulled out the picture he had of his brother, mother, and father all celebrating on New Years.

H.D's mother had died in a car crash while driving home from work, and his dad killed himself from depression that he lost his wife. Although they were now in the clouds above, he still thought what Tigeranther had said about his parents and them being embarrassed about him having red eyes.

Hawkodile looked up at the clouds "Mom, Dad, did you really get embarrassed about my eye color? No one else in our family has red eyes." Tears began to fill his eyes as more bad memories came back. Hawkodile sobbed softly then tucked his knees into his chest "I bet even my brother is embarrassed by me..." he said before crying more.

Hours later, the sun had now set and Hawkodile was still left alone near the alley way.

"Hawkodile!"

Hawk then looked near the entrance of the alley to see his brother with a worried expression on his face before rushing over to him and hugging Hawkodile tightly "Why are you still out here?! You had me so worried! I thought I lost you..."

Said Hawk's older brother, Cheetodile (Cheetah and crocodile hybrid). Hawkodile sniffled "I-I'm sorry...." he frowned, hugging Cheetodile tighter as if his life deepened on it.

Cheetodile frowned then picked up Hawkodile's school bag before walking back to their apartment, a sniffling Hawkodile in his arms.

Once they got back, Cheetodile pulled out an ice pack and wet paper towels for Hawkodile's jacked up, bleeding face "What happened?" He asked.

H.D shook his head "N-Nothing, I just fell...." Cheetodile frowned knowing he was lying but didn't want to get his little brother more upset "Bro?" Hawk sniffled.

"Yeah?" Cheetodile looked at him, his blue eyes looking into Hawkodile's red ones "D-Do you think I'm a freak for having red eyes?" His other brother looked shocked by the question "What? No way! What makes you think that?" He asked worried, lifting up his younger bro's chin.

Hawkodile wiped away his tears as he looked up at him "K-Kids at school make fun of me for it, they think I'm a freak." Cheetodile frowned before putting a hand on his shoulder "You're not a freak. If you ask me, your red eyes make you look cool." He smiled.

Cheetodile removed the hair that Hawkodile used to cover his eyes "Don't let those stupid kids at school get to you, they're  just jealous. Sensei once told me that you were made the way you are for a reason. I see the bullying as an obstacle course that is gunna make your stronger, you just don't know it."

Hawkodile chuckled a bit then put the hair back over his eyes "Yeah, I guess your right. I wish I had your strength." He smiled at his other brother. Cheetodile smiled back then ruffled his hair "You will one day. Remember, I'll start teaching you karate soon. Just held back by work." He sighed.

Hawkodile's smile faded as he looked down "I'm sorry I'm making life difficult for you, bro." He said with guilt in his voice but then gasped when Cheetodile picked him up, chuckling "Who said you're doing that? I like taking care of my little bro." He said before he started tickling Hawkodile, making Hawk squirm and laugh until Cheetodile let him go.

Cheetodile chuckled "You must be hungry. Do you want me to cook the leftover pizza?" He asked smiling and Hawkodile nodded "Yeah."

Cheetodile odded before getting up to warm up the pizza they had in the fridge then watch TV in their living room.

Hawkodile took a quick glance at his brother before snuggling into his side "You're the best older brother anyone could ask for. I love you bro."

Cheetodile smiled before hugging him tightly "I love you too. You're the best little bro ever. Hey, Hawk." He said. Hawkodile looked up at him "Yeah?"

"Why don't you stay home tomorrow, I have work off. If any kids are gunna hurt you, you gotta know how to defend yourself."

Hawkodile nodded smiling "Okay." He said with excitement before hugging Cheetodile's waist tightly. Cheetodile chuckled, ruffling Hawkodile's dark brown hair before pulling him tight to his chest so both of them could get comfortable and get some sleep.

Years later, Hawkodile was still getting the hang of learning karate and other martial arts like his older brother. His training made him exhausted, sweaty, but at the same time it made him feel alive and stronger.

He still had countless bullies that he would often bother him day and night but none of them were compared to the group that had bothered him ever since he started elementary school.

Tigeranther, Blacklion, and Wolfake would still pick on him constantly, even though Hawkodile had tried his best to ignore them, they still got to him. Sometimes they had started to take it a bit too far on Hawk that he eventually started cutting himself.

Hawkodile never wanted to do it but he found no point on stopping himself and even wore a hoodie the first couple times to be sure his brother couldn't see.

The one thing Hawkodile didn't want anyone ever finding out was the secrets he kept in his notebook. A secret he especially didn't want Cheetodile to know!

Hawkodile looked at the small chest under his bed, witch was locked up. He got a key from his pocket to unlock it and pulled out another key that was inside it that was to another chest that he kept behind his Kung Fu training books.
To be sure no one could find his notebook, he kept a chest that held a key to another chest witch held his notebook.

Hawk opened the chest and picked up the notebook to start writing in it.
He sighed before putting it down and pulled something out that was also in the chest. A razor blade stained with blood.

Hawkodile lifted up the feathers on his shoulder before he started started cutting himself. A few scars had healed, some were still dark red, and now he was making new ones so fresh blood can go out. He tried not to cut himself too much from the fact that Cheetodile and him like to wrestle and if Cheetodile found out that Hawkodile kept on getting in too much pain when he'd grab his wrist, he'd have a lot of explaining to do.

Hawkodile flinched the first few times but got used to the pain and continued until he thought it was enough then went to the bathroom to splash the cuts with water then flapped his feathers back down to cover them up.

"Hawkodile, you're gunna be late for the bus!" He herd Cheetodile call out "Shit!" Hawk said quietly before grabbing his stuff and rushing out the door to get to the bus stop.

Hawkodile panted once he get to the bus stop and saw the same kids there so he knew he didn't miss the bus.

"Look who finally decided to show up."

Hawkodile's eyes widened as he herd the familiar voice that was walking closer and closed behind him

Why now?!

Hawkodile said in his mind before turning to face the group that had bothered him for years.

"We still can't believe you're still going to school, that place is nothing but a wrestling match for you and you can tell who's losing!" Blacklion spat in his face, Wolfake and Tigeranther chuckling beside their leader.

Hawkodile frowned looking down. He didn't want to admit it but Hawk thought it was true and he frowned more as he herd the group laugh at him "Aw. Don't take it so hard on the baby, Blacklion. He's gunna cry!" Teased Wolfake, making them laugh harder.

Hawkodile continued to look down as a few tears filled his eyes but forced himself to fight it.

"Hey, go pick on someone your own size!"

Hawkodile perked up hearing the familiar voice, the groups laughter stopped they saw Cheetodile walking towards them with a glare.

"Well, well, well, isn't it our old bro?" Smirked Blacklion as Cheetodile walked towards them with a glare, standing protectively in front of Hawkodile "I'm none of y'all's Bro!"

"You're still held back by that dork you call your brother." Wolfake rolled his eyes and Cheetodile growled "I told you guys a million times, you can pick on me all you want but not my brother."

The group rolled their eyes but Blacklion stepped closer to him with a glare "We thought you were cool but you're just a coward. We were actually happy for you when we saw how excited you were to have a brother but looking at you now, your brother just made you turn into a pathetic loser." He said coldly before they started walking away.

Cheetodile glared at them as they walked off before looking down at Hawkodile, frowning "Are you okay, bro?"

Hawkodile nodded slowly, wiping away his tears "Yeah. Thanks for saving my butt back there." They both chuckled.

Cheetodile pulled Hawkodile into a hug "If they bother you again, tell me." He said frowning and Hawk nodded "Okay."

The bus then arrived in front of the stop and Cheetodile ruffled Hawkodile's hair "Have a good day, bro."

"I will!" Hawkodile said smiling before getting on but as soon Hawkodile sat in his seat, he frowned "Try...." he said quietly.

Cheetodile smiled at Hawkodile before leaving to head to work but as soon as Cheetodile was out of sight, three faces smirked at Hawkodile as they waved teasingly.

A few hours later,
Once the bus had stopped, Hawkodile looked both ways before putting on a hoodie to hide his face and quickly started walking home to avoid his after school beatings.

Hawkodile was already halfway home until he was grabbed and pulled into a alleyway then thrown into a wall.

Hawk groaned and struggled to get up but was once again held down but Blacklion's group.

Blacklion smirked down at Hawkodile as he watched him helplessly squirm to escape their grasp "Hope you were wanting something to do cause we're gunna have fun."

"N-NO!" Hawkodile screamed, hoping someone herd him but like his other times he's cried for help, it was no use.

Tigeranther put a paw to cover Hawkodile's mouth so no loud screams or cries could escape his mouth as Blacklion punched his face and stomach.

Blacklion laughed at Hawkodile squirmed and cried then had enough using his fist and decided to go to his next level.

As Blacklion stopped to grab something from his bag, Hawkodile took the moment to catch his breath and give his throat a break from crying for help even though it was still no use.

Blacklion grabbed out an object and smirked. Hawkodile stared at it as a silver blade, wickedly sharp, was coming towards his flesh as Blacklion took aim. Although Hawkodile was getting used to cutting himself, he was scared the amount of pain and pressure Blacklion was gunna use to stab it into his body.

"No, wait!" Hawkodile said but before he could let out the scream of pain, his mouth was covered up by Wolfake's snake tail, making his screams muffled.

Hawkodile started squirming violently to get away from the pain witch made Blacklion keep missing and have new stab wounds on different places of his sides. This made Blacklion growl and tried to start stabbing Hawk's stomach witch made Hawkodile burst into cries and begging.

"P-Please, stop!" Hawkodile begged as he tried squirming more to escape but was only met by the dizziness of more and more blood escaping his body.

Tigeranther blindfolded his eyes so Hawkodile couldn't see what was gunna happen and Blacklion got his blade ready to aim.

"Hey!"

A voice said the the Blacklion, Wolfake, and Tigeranther all looked to see a figure in the alleyway "Don't you sons of bitches know something about keeping yourselves locked away!?"

Blacklion put down the knife and went over to him, looking down at him.

He had a scar over his left eye, a mix of blue and green colored hair, green eyes, wore a dark blue sweat shirt, black pants, and had an alligator head.

"You wanna try being a hero kid? Well this is what happens!" Growled Blacklion, a fist ready in air to punch but Hawkodile's savior blocked it and punched back, making blood drip from Blacklion's lips and nose.

"Anyone else?!" Growled the figure.

Wolfake stepped up but Blacklion stopped him "He's not worth it. Let's go boys!" He said, getting up and running with his friends until they were out of sight.

"T-Thank you..."
Said Hawkodile's deep voice before passing out from blood loss.

Hawkodile woke up in a hospital room. His waist and chest was wrapped with bandages that were covering up the deep wounds that were stabbed in his sides.

For a few moments, Hawkodile was questioning how he got bandaged up and what happened until the memories came rushing back.

He looked out the window to see it was morning outside and the only light that he got was from the big sun that shined in the clear sky.

"Hawkodile!"

Hawkodile faced the hospital room door to see Cheetodile had barged into the room, his face showing a worried and sadden like the moment he walked in on his father after his suicide. He raced over to Hawkodile to pull him into a tight hug as if he'd never see him again. Witch had actually almost happened.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" He said with tears slowly dripping from his eyes "I was so worried! You never came home then the police came telling me what happened and I-"

Cheetodile was then pulled away by a nurse then placed next to the foot of Hawkodile's hospital bed "Please don't get him overexcited. He's still badly hurt. Your brother needs to take it easy for a little while." Said a nurse before leaving the room.

Hawkodile noticed that his older brother wasn't the only one who came to visit, he saw two adults. One an eagle then the other an alligator and the younger one a hybrid of both.

"Hawk, if it wasn't for this guy, you could have died." Cheetodile said before allowing Hawkodile to see the one who had saved him from his death.

"H-Hey. I'm Eagleator."
Eagleator said walking towards Hawkodile then pulled out his hand to shake his but was only given by a hug "T-Thank you so much..."

Eagleator smiled before hugging back "It was no big deal."
"It was to me." Hawkodile smiled before pulling away.
Just by looking at each other, they both knew they were gunna get along just fine.

A few weeks passed of Hawkodile being in the hospital, Eagleator made sure to visit him every day. Both of them spend the time doing homework (witch they'd mostly just crunch it into a ball then try to throw it into trash cans), playing Pokémon on their DS, and talk about funny stories that happened at school.

"Eagleator, thanks for being here for me. You're actually the first friend I've ever had." Hawkodile said with a slight smile but Eagleator was shocked by the sentence "You seriously don't have any other friends?! For someone like you I'd think people would pay to be your friend."

Hawkodile chuckled a bit then closed his eyes and sighed "Well....their's a reason why the ones at my school hate me." He frowned and Eagleator picked up on it "Why? I promise I won't laugh." Hawkodile looked at him "Alright, I trust you. Promise that we'd stay friends?"
Eagleator nodded with a smile "Yup."

Hawkodile leaned closer to him then removed the hair that covered his eyes.
Eagleator gasped seeing Hawkodile's red crimson eyes but once the gasp escaped his lips, Hawkodile covered his eyes again and looked away with shame "I-I shouldn't have showed you. You can leave if you want to...."

Eagleator frowned before turning Hawkodile so he could look at him "Hey, I actually think it's cool. It makes you look like a vampire!" He said as he made a small hiss, revealing his sharp teeth making Hawkodile yelp.

Eagleator chuckled a bit "Just ignore what they say. You honestly think I don't get made fun of for having this?" He said pointing to the scar on his eye "But if you ever wanna talk about it, you have me." Eagleator smiled before pulling his arms out "Bro hug?"

"Bro hug." Hawkodile smiled before both of them hugged each other tightly.
"Pat, pat." They both randomly said.

Another few years later.
Eagleator and Hawkodile hugged their family tightly before heading to the dojo.

Their Sensei had noticed their great teamwork and improvements that they'd be strong enough to go to a new dojo to earn the most powerful thing a fighter could earn.
Shades.

It had been Hawkodile and Eagleator's dream to earn such a reward. But sadly, since the dojo had been so far away, they had to live in the monastery with their new Sensei and say goodbye to their families.

Hawkodile hugged his Cheetodile tightly with a frown "I'm gunna miss you." He said. Cheetodile just smiled as he stroked his hair "You'll have Eagleator by your side. Besides, this isn't goodbye forever. Once you've got those shades, you'll be able to come back."

Hawkodile then smiled and pulled away to look into his brothers eyes "I'll be sure to write letters about how I'm doing."

"Alright." Cheetodile smiled.

"Hawkodile, you ready to go?" Asked Eagleator with a small smile and Hawkodile nodded but hugged Cheetodile one last time "See you later bro." Hawk smiled "See ya later." Responded Cheetodile before waving his little brother goodbye with a few tears in his eyes.

Hawkodile and Eagleator both fist pumped each other before head their way through Action Forest and to the dojo.

"E-Eagleator, why? I thought we were bros...." Said Hawkodile with the pair of shades on his eyes and tears in his eyes.

Eagleator just growled at him with a death glare "I should be wearing those shades, bro!" He said.

Hawkodile backed away as a tear rolled down his cheek "B-But I thought we stuck together no matter what!" He bit his lip as he tried fighting a sniffle "I was never your friend! I will be back for those shades! And my return won't be nice!" Eagleator said with nothing but hate in his voice but his next sentence made Hawkodile's heart nearly stop "I don't know why I waisted my time to save you from those cowards." He said sharply "In awhile, Hawkodile!" He said before flying off into the sunset sky.

Hawkodile just stood their with a shock expression on his face, tears in his eyes. He wanted badly to curl up into a corner and cry but he refused to let anymore tears fall. The first friend he's ever had left him alone...

He walked to a hill witch he was able to see Unikingdom.
"I promise I'll protect the world from people like Blacklion, Tigeranther, Wolfake." He sighed "And Eagleator." Said Hawkodile to himself before flying kicking himself into the kingdom.

Hawkodile looked around the village and saw many families playing with their kids or kids playing with friends.
Hawk sighed frowning
I wish I had a childhood like that...

Hawkodile had continued to look around until something caught his eye.

Looking for a bodyguard to look after Princess Unikitty and the kingdom

Hawkodile read the poster board and smirked "Perfect!" He said before walking towards the castle. Hawk gulped worried before walking inside to see a cat and unicorn hybrid, a dog and unicorn hybrid, a floating block cleaning the floors, and a fox in a lab coat and glasses experimenting on objects they had in the room.

All their attention turned to the figure who had entered the castle "Who are you and what do you want?" Said the block's boring like tone "Calm down, Richard. This must be the one to get the job as the castles bodyguard." The cats voice said happily before flying over to Hawkodile.

"I'm Unikitty. The princess of the kingdom. And you are-" Unikitty said to have her stranger answer the question "T-The name's Hawkodile. I'm here to get the job as the bodyguard."

Suddenly, Hawkodile he felt the muscles on his arms and legs be squeezed as well as his sides and other parts of his body making H.D yelp at the unexpected touches.

He looked to see who it was and noticed it was the fox in the lab coat was scanning him "Catch this." She suddenly said then threw the unicorn and dog hybrid at him.

Hawkodile gasp watching gravity pull him down but quickly flew up to grab him then brought him back down to the ground.

"My name's Puppycorn, Unikitty's younger brother. I wanna tell you you're so strong!" Said Puppycorn with amazement in his voice and Hawkodile smiled as he blushed a bit at the complement "Thanks."

"Sorry if I gave you the unexpected surprise. I just wanted to test your strength and speed." She said "You can call me Dr. Fox."

Hawkodile blushed as she touched his hand to shake it "N-Nice to meet you." He said nervously with a smile "From my results on your reflexes, you'd be the perfect bodyguard!" Dr. Fox smiled widely.

"Then welcome to the kingdom, Hawkodile! As our new bodyguard and BFF!"

They all cheered and it made Hawkodile smile seeing people so excited to have him.

"And my name's Richard. I make sure the castle stays clean." Said Richard's boring tone witch Hawkodile barely herd.

"Well, I'm excited to be y'all's body guard. I start tomorrow morning right?" Asked Hawkodile and Unikitty nodded smiling.

"Okay, and if you don't mind me asking....where will I sleep...?"
Hawkodile said awkwardly then the cheering ended as they took a second to think about it.

Unikitty then smiled as an idea dinged in her head "I know a place!" She said excitedly before taking them to an old treehouse with open space, near a lake, and was only a few minutes away from the castle.

Hawkodile smiled looking at it and nodded "Thanks. I'll take it."

"Alright then!" Unikitty smiled "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask." She said "Goodnight Hawkodile!" They all said as they walked back to the castle.

Hawkodile climbed up the tree to get inside the small house then looked around. Their was a bed, a nightstand with three draws in it, and on it was a small lamp.

Hawkodile placed the picture of him and his brother on the night stand before getting into the bed to get some shut eye. He frowned as he felt alone.

Eagleator, his only friend had left him just because of some shades, his parents were dead, and Cheetodile lived hours away from the kingdom.

Hawkodile sighed as he wished he could hug his older brother right now. He took out his notebook and started writing in it more.

As Hawkodile wrote, he leaned to lay his side but herd a crunch like a piece of paper when you stepped on it. Puzzled, Hawkodile dug his hand into his shorts and pulled out a letter that was unopened from his brother.

Hawkodile couldn't help but smile as he opened it up and read it.

Hey little bro!
Hope everything is going great at the dojo. Did you get those shades? Did you make new friends? You'll have to come visit me again, I still miss ya.

I'm looking forward to your visit back here.
Love, Cheetodile.

Hawkodile read with a smile before quickly grabbing a piece of notebook paper before quickly writing back.

The others at this point all had tears in their eyes as they still sat to hear Hawkodile's tragic childhood story.
"That's so sad. Did your brother never write you back?" Said Unikitty tearing up more and more tears flushing down her now blue fur.

Hawkodile sniffled and wiped more of his tears away, even though their was no point when so many emotions came crashing down.
"N-No." Hawkodile's sniffles soon turned into sobs as he continued.

"We continued to write back to each other for a few weeks until the letters suddenly stopped..."
Hawkodile looked at the dresser and grabbed out a note from his lower drawer where a neatly written letter stayed in it's place. He frowned slightly as the memory of that day came rushing back.

*Flashback*
Hawkodile laid in the bed of his new training treehouse. The inside had weapons, a punching bag, and breaking boards.

He has gotten settled in his new home and became very good friends with Unikitty, Puppycorn, Richard, and Dr. Fox, who he also had a crush on. But their was still something that still made him upset.

Cheetodile hadn't respond to his letters for a month now and it made him worry. Hawkodile wanted to go back home to see what was up but had too much fear about what would happen if he left the kingdom.

"Letter for Hawkodile!" Hawkodile herd the mailman shout outside of his treehouse. He quickly flew out of his bed to get the letter, startling the mailman as Hawkodile grabbed it out of his hand but Hawkodile couldn't help it. His excitement took over him for a few seconds but realized what he did then blushed embarrassed, chuckling nervously as the mailman just stared at him "S-Sorry. Have a good day though!" He said before flying back to to his treehouse.

Hawkodile smiled more with excitement as he saw the letter again but then looked at it closely seeing that it was from the hospital....

Puzzled, Hawkodile questioned it then started opening it, hoping it was from Cheetodile but it was only to say that they were sorry for his loss...
The in the letter made his world come crashing down and he collapsed to his knees.

We are deeply sorry for your loss.
Cheetodile had died from bone cancer in his rib cage. We tried our hardest to save him but from surgery he had lost too much blood.

Cheetodile's funeral will be on March 30th of 2015.

The moment Hawkodile finished reading the letter, he just stayed their motionless but seconds later, he screamed in anger as tears flushed down his face.

Hawkodile punched his punching bag with all his might "This isn't fair!!!" He yelled then grabbed his razor blade and allowed himself to cut his wrist multiple times, blood falling onto the floor.

This continued on for a few moments until Hawkodile just broke down into tears.
He couldn't believe it, his only family was now gone...

Something else then caught Hawkodile's eye. Another letter...

He picked it up and saw that it was actually from Cheetodile and Hawkodile had the guts to read it, tears streaming down his face.

"Hawkodile, if you're reading this, than I've already passed.

I'm so sorry I lost this fight, bro.
I'm sorry I never told you but I didn't want you to worry.

Bro, I'm gunna miss you so much. I'm so proud on how much you've grown, become one of the best fighters, and became a bodyguard of a princess.

Their are things I'm gonna miss. I won't be there to hear about your first kiss, know about your future, and many other things.

I don't know about you but nothing scares me to know that  their are so many things I'd have to apologize for, sins that I could never forgive myself  for.
I was the reason why you got bullied so much just because I spent so much time providing for you than caring for you.

Just remember this,
No matter what comes in your life, nothing is more important than being there for the ones you love most in life.
This is a lesson that took my whole life for me to learn but I can proudly say that my brother had known this sooner and that you'll be twice as strong as I ever was!

I wish I could write more, I really do, but I'm fighting just to keep my eyes open right now. When days become to weeks then weeks become to months, I knew you always wondered why mom and dad had to leave you so early in life....and now me..."

I just wanna hug you and tell you how much I love you but it will be too late by then.-

"I know your friends will take good care of you and love you dearly until the end of time. Don't let anyone stop you or invade you if who you are because you're special.

Love you from here to the end of the universe,
Cheetodile."

Hawkodile read the letter out loud as tears rolled down onto his face then onto the letter before continuing to sniffle more.

The others all looked at their bodyguard shocked and upset but Hawkodile just started sniffling again.
"Hawkodile, why didn't you ever tell us?" Said Unikitty, her fur still blue and tears still in her eyes.

Hawkodile sobbed but still didn't look up "I-I thought y'all wouldn't care. I thought y'all would get mad at me, laugh at me, call me weak, then get I'd fired for not even able to handle these stupid emotions!" Right then, Hawkodile broke down crying hugging his knees tighter to his chest.
"These voices inside my head, I just want them to go away! I don't even remember the last time being truly happy without forcing myself to!" Hawk started sobbing louder as tears streamed down his face "I try not to think about my brother but he was the only family I had left. I lost my parents when I was 3, Cheetodile was the only one left to care for me. I'd give away anything if it meant I could just hug him one more time. I wasn't even there at his funeral, he probably hates my guts!"

Unikitty then hugged Hawkodile tight "I'm so sorry we never noticed, Hawkodile." Unikitty cried, the others soon joining the hug.

Hawkodile's tears soon began to stop but the guilt and sadness still began to rise "I-It's my fault. I should have told y'all but I was scared to, I-I'm so sorry...." H.D sniffled.

"It's okay, Hawk." Puppycorn said, hugging his waist tighter making. Unikitty gently petting his back "You shouldn't have been afraid to tell us what was wrong. We're your friends and it's our job to be sure you're happy.  Just because you want to protect us, that means their are times we have to protect you. Your brother wouldn't want to see you upset like this, he'd want to see you living long and happy. He's proud of you, Hawkodile."

Hawkodile smiled at Unikitty's words, wiping away his tears and making his sniffling slowly stop "Thanks princess."

"Besides, I don't know what would happen to this kingdom if I didn't have my favorite bodyguard to look out for it." Unikitty gave Hawkodile a comforting smile.

"Without you, playing basketball would never be the same again. And I'm still improving thanks to you!" Puppycorn's face lit up, smiling at his fighter friend.

"It's always great to explain definitions when no one knows what they mean." Richard could help but smile as well.

"Hawkodile, I...." Dr. Fox began to say and Hawkodile looked at her, a blush stretching across his face "Dr. Fox I can explain." He said, starting to panicked again "You don't have to, because, I love you too. I just never thought you'd feel the same way." Dr. Fox said, started to blush as well.

Hawkodile's entire face flushed red and he was completely speechless but couldn't help but smile "I-I'm glad you feel the same way...." Dr. Fox smiled then hugged Hawkodile's waist tightly, Hawkodile slowly hugging back.
Just then, Unikitty and Puppycorn awed watching the couples moment "So cute!" The rainbow cat said, her eyes shaped like hearts.

"Hey guys, now that we're all here together, let's have a slumber party!" Puppycorn said then the others cheered in excitement but like usual, Richard said a casual "Yay".
Hawkodile pulled away from Dr. Fox, both of them smiling at each other before looking back at Unikitty and the others.

"We've all had a sleepover in each of our rooms in the castle, my room, Puppycorn's room, the lab, even Richard's room! But never Hawkodile's treehouse, was of because of all this?" Unikitty asked, frowning a bit.

Hawkodile sighed looking down "Yes..." he frowned but then was hugged by Unikitty making him smile again "Well, now that we know why, we can now!" She said excitedly but calmed down again "And Hawkodile, if you're ever feeling emotions like this again, just tell us and we'll help you."

Hawkodile smiled more "Thanks princess, thanks guys." They all smiled cheering before having another group hug.

Once they separated, they got out extra pillows and blankets that Hawkodile kept in his closet. They clumped them together to make one big bed

"That should be comfortable for the night." Said Hawk before turning off the small lamp in his night stand "Goodnight guys!" He said smiling.

"Goodnight Hawkodile." They all smiled before closing their eyes to get some shut eye.

A few minutes later, Hawkodile could feel arms wrapping around him then hugging his arms and waist tightly, making this wake H.D up and looked at his body to see his friends giving him a tight hug. This made Hawk smiled before hugging his friends back and a tear trickle down his cheek "I'm glad to have friends like you. I love you guys." He said softly before heading back to sleep.

Hawkodile's treehouse, a few hours later.

Hawkodile woke up to a slight pain on his shoulder making him groan and wake from his sleep. He looked at his browned feathered shoulder to see that blood from his un-bandaged cuts were leaking a crimson liquid.
This made H.D panic then carefully got out of his friends grip so he wouldn't wake them up from their peaceful sleep and went outside to the lake near his training course to pour some water into his cuts then took a sip of the water as a drink.

Hawkodile smiled watching the sun rise and the slight breeze against his skin, making him proud that this would happen again and couldn't be happier to have his friends how he was really feeling.

"Hey!"

Hawkodile was then snapped out of his thoughts when he herd the familiar voice again then looked down at the reflection in the water to see that he was back.

Hawk's reflection was glaring and growling making him reveal his teeth "What are you doing?! They're just gunna ditch you later!" He yelled but Hawkodild just remained with a smile on his face "Sorry thoughts, but you can't get the best of me this time." He said before getting up and leaving.

Hawk smiled, and he knew he wasn't forcing himself to.
————————————————————
Special thanks to: crocclaw for the title of this story

Word count: 7914 (updated)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 305K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
44.4M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
227M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
2M 57.4K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...