No sleep for the wicked

By heartofthesouth

Nobody chose to live in Gotham city, they were all born here, the crazy, the corrupt and the sane. Ashleigh C... More

chapter 1- let the madness begin
chapter 2- catching the falling
chapter 3- the doctor is in
chapter 4- Good night
chapter 5- Stitch by stitch
chapter 6- violent delights
chapter 7- hurt and comfort in strange places
chapter 8- The Chase
chapter 9- Fear of you
chapter 10- Who you really are
chapter 11- Wounded
chapter 13- Fear test
chapter 14- Primal fear
chapter 15- Clash of good and evil
chapter 16- Fighting secrets
chapter 17- Stupid answer
chapter 18- We're no one
chapter 19- Unlikely Saviour
chapter 20- Broken walls
chapter 21- bloody Bullets and Romance
chapter 22- Heart in a Vice
chapter 23- Feel what I Feel
chapter 24- Protective Fear
chapter 25- Your Body Or Your Mind?
chapter 26- I Don't Want To Fight You
chapter 27- Sorry For The Embarrassment
chapter 28- The Monster, The Man
chapter 29- Strong Hold
chapter 30- Stay With Me
chapter 31- Welcoming Arms Of Unconsciousness.
chapter 32- Unstable Alliance
chapter 33- His So Called Loyal Men
chapter 34- Dream About Finding
chapter 35- Hope Of Finding
chapter 36- Glass Rain Drops
chapter 37- Finding Humanity In This Hell
chapter 38- The Outfit Of A Dead Man
chapter 39- Under The Mask Which Made Him A Monster
chapter 40- I Killed Her By Being Selfish, I Killed Her By Loving Her.

chapter 12- Young death

755 24 1
By heartofthesouth

My breathing was fast and erratic as the scarecrow walked towards me. I pushed against the door again but I knew it was no use; I gave a chocked dry sob as I slid down the door to the floor of the scarecrow’s room. The scarecrow finally reached me and sat down beside me on the floor, I brought up my knees to my chest. The scarecrow swung his arm’s round my shoulder and pulled me into his chest as I dry sobbed over the fact that he killed someone so young. But at the same time I felt sorry for the monster that had to kill so he could live. I wrapped my arms around the Scarecrow and sighed; Jonathan also sighed and pulled me up to stand. I wasn’t going to cry over the Scarecrow he had hurt me by making me believe he was constantly the good guy, and not just the monster. I pulled away from the Scarecrow and looked down, at his shirt and pulled it down so it was closer to my knees, scarecrow gave a chuckle and lifted my chin up to look at him.

“Ashleigh I’m sorry for misleading you, but I was only doing it because I thought I was in your best interest.” I looked into his eyes and I saw he was sincere. I pulled away from his deep dark eyes and looked over to his bed. I was tired from this bad day gone terribly wrong, I walked away from the Scarecrow who just gave another sigh and walked towards his brown leather chair. He threw himself down and sighed again, I lied down on the bed and pulled the thick covers over me. I just looked at the scarecrow and snuggled down further down into the covers. Scarecrow was defiantly staring at me intensely but I had no idea why.

Then he got up from his seat and walked over to the bed, he sat in the curve of my body which you could see through the bunched up covers and he gently stroked my hair, “you know your heads going to be really sore in the morning. “ I nodded as I felt his finger brush over the fresh stitches which were holding my swollen skin together, “are you feeling ok?” I nodded again, I didn’t feel like talking but who could blame me. I had been kidnapped, tossed about like a rag doll by the Riddler, as a fight with the joker and got my head smashed in by the bathroom sink. I sighed and curled tighter around the scarecrow; he then got up off the bed and walked to the end of the bed. I looked at him confused as he began to climb on to the bed; I sighed and let my head drop heavily on the cushions. I felt the bed lean in behind me as the scarecrow made himself comfortable and wrapped himself around me. I still didn’t feel like talking to him but I pulled up the covers and allowed him to join me under them, he smiled gently.

We lay there silently not saying a word, I felt so tired. Then the Scarecrow leaned up on his elbow and looked at me in the dark room, “I’m sorry Ashleigh.” And after that small statement, I turned round to face him and saw he was sincere. This maybe another mistake on my behalf, but I wanted to show I had forgiven him for his deception. I leaned up and kissed his cheek gently, and as I did this I felt the Scarecrows mouth curl upwards into a smile, I lingered there for a few more seconds as I felt the scarecrows grow hot from my sudden action. I pulled away from the Scarecrow and saw that his eyes were filled with adoration; my face began to heat up as the scarecrow looked at me intensely. Suddenly the Scarecrow wrapped his arms round my and pulled me into his chest, my ear was pressed against his chest and I could hear his elevated heart rate. I sighed and made myself comfortable against his muscled chest and found myself falling asleep to the natural rhythm of the Scarecrow’s heartbeat.

But even though I was in a relatively happy reality at the moment, my dreams portrayed a completely different scenario. It was no longer dark, but the room I was in had a red tint almost as if the whole room had been obscured by blood. And there in the corner was a scarecrow, but it wasn’t The Scarecrow. I got up from the floor I was sitting on to go and look at the burlap hessian, I walked over to it, but as I was about to touch it blood started to seep through the hessian mask. I gave a muffled cry and as fast as possible I pulled of the hood of the scarecrow. You could tell it used to be the face of a teenage boy, but now it was shattered into pieces of ivory skull and red flesh I stepped back, only to feel my back collided with someone standing behind me.

I looked up and saw it was The Scarecrow, he was wearing his famous hessian mask and it was covered in blood. I tried to get away but The Scarecrow just wrapped his arms round my waist, and weirdly I felt safe. I brought up my hand and pulled off the hessian mask which The Scarecrow was wearing and saw his face was covered in lacerations. Soon his face began to crumple as if some invisible force was destroying his face. I walked away from The Scarecrow and saw the once shattered skull teenage boy was now clean of blood and his face was no longer shattered. Soon the wall began to run red, I turned towards the Scarecrow and saw it was the young Jonathan Crane which had been lost for twenty years, cowering on the floor. Suddenly the dim red room began to flicker to black but with every flicker of light I saw the young Jonathan Crane being killed before my eyes. I screwed my eyes shut, as I saw the impending death of the young Jonathan Crane in front of my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 324 20
Amber Connery watched as Jonathan Crane slowly descended into madness. She watched as Gotham turned from a crime-ridden city into a home for the insa...
5.8K 162 28
Gotham didn't morn the death of Ashleigh Clark, but someone much more powerful than Gotham did. brought back to life, by unknown powers, will she rem...
107K 3.5K 40
She was known as Enigma, the Riddler's daughter. She was a criminal, declared insane just like the rest. Arkham wasn't a bother to her more then a se...
42K 1.3K 33
*All the Madness We Share Book 1* Who was Jonathan Crane before he was the Scarecrow? Amber Connery knows. What did the eyes of the Scarecrow's child...