Dancing Flames (Pranushka sto...

sryscribbles tarafından

An intriguing story that unfolds in the delphic village of Kamarottu. Genre - Mystery Thriller Disclaimer: T... Daha Fazla

Mission Anashku
The Mysterious Box
Kamarottu Grama
Ambiguity
New People New Problems
My Inamorata
Sphinx or Jinx
The Recrudesce
Investigation
Braided Realities
He's Hungry!
Suspect or not?
Harini Ranganath
The Accident
My Vihaan
Story Alert!
Fixing the Puzzle
On my way to you!
It's You Forever
Epilogue
New Story Alert!

Angaara

412 51 55
sryscribbles tarafından

This chapter has a story which is not meant for people who aren't comfortable with horror.
Happy reading!
......................................................................

"Vihaan!"
Shankar master and Kalinga halted in the middle of the road at the instant, seeing Janani and Vihaan.
"What happened?"
He exclaimed at the sight of blood dripping from the corner of his lips and nose

"Master, it's better if we all go home."
- - - - -

"Mahabala Hegde is not an easy nut to crack. Vihaan, you'll have to stay away from him. He's extremely influencial. "
Kalinga affectionately placed a hand on Vihaan who sat criss-cross on the red-oxide floor, hugging his knees.

"I just want Sandhya back and for that I'm ready to face anyone! Even if it's Mahabala Hegde! Abiding by Garnal Babu's words, there are many missing cases in this village. Do you two know this?"

Shankar master blew cinders popping up from the hearth of the charcoal stove and settled beside Vihaan glancing at Kalinga, wiping his forehead with a towel.
"Yes. Nothing is false in what he has said. Last July, a girl from our neighborhood had gone out and has still not returned."
His voice lowered at the end of his statement.

"Is this something related to the guddada bhūtha?"

One could see the master's face paling. After a pause,
"There was a lad named Angaara in this village, who used to perform at the Mahabala Hegde's bhūtaaradhane. You know, the one you visited a few days ago. Not to say the boy was unlikely and quite weird in nature though he was naive. Like every year, in 2006, he was supposed to perform, but alas was nowhere to be found. We all searched till midnight, which was when we saw his body hanging upside from a tree behind the Kamarottu house.. Headless!

The mystery of his death is yet to be solved. Some say, it had Mahabala Hegde's involvement while others bank on the belief of the brahmarakshasa killing him. One thing's for sure. Post Angaara's death, numerous terrifying incidents have occurred. Every year, eleven days after that date, we hear a horrible sound, like someone's loud scream, from the top of those wrecked hills.
Vihaan, this is just like how me and you exist. You cannot deny the fact that the guddada bhūtha is not make believe."
- - - - -

The jeep sped down the muddy lane as the heavy rain poured mercilessly.

"We've gotta list out the names of people who were previously targeted and talk to their families. Why would someone kidnap---"

Vihaan applied a sudden break when another vehicle met his one dangerously close.

"Where are you going?"
It was the dreadful policeman again at the most unwanted moment. Vihaan clutched his fist, clenching his jaw.

"Any problem?"

"Shut up! Where are you going with this girl in the middle of the night?"

"She's my friend and I don't owe you an explanation."
Vihaan hissed sternly.

The inspector snarled nastily and snatched Janani's cellphone speaking to him.
"Heard that you've been poking your nose into matters which don't lie under your concern. Do you understand what 'mind your own business' means? You'd better practice that! Leave before I throw you outta this village!" he barked twirling the phone on his palm and stormed away laughing wickedly.

- -
"Sorry. That must've been expensive. All because of me."
He shook his head in dismay.

"Ahh! Who cares if I lost the phone, we still have the data card with us."
Janani wiggled her brows flaunting the memory chip between her fingers and smirked.

"Now you know how helpful they are? So called police!"

"Hang on! The police station is ahead on this route, right?"

"Yeah."

"He drove past us in the opposite way."

"OK.. So?"

"So!!"
- -

"Careful!"
Vihaan whispered holding Janani.

"I think those were the constable's legs. Never mind, they look high on alcohol."

The two tiptoed into the police station, where the staff had hit the sack for the night. Switching on their flashlights, he opened a door that led to a room filled with files and old folders. The racks were systematically labelled year-wise, on which dusty documents had been stacked.

"This will take forever. Where do we start from?"

"Remember what Shankar master said? People disappear every year in July. So let's check out all files which say July."

Digging into the piles, they tried controlling coughs and sneezes.

"Here's one! Pushpalatha Rai. Age-32. Date of missing- July 7th 2017!"

"July 7th?" Vihaan's eyes widened. "That was the exact date Sandhya disappeared! The day after Mahabala Hegde's function. Shankar master mentioned the event is held every year."

Aachoooo
One of the constables sneezed, startling the two.

"Quick! Look for July 7th 2006. Not at all a good idea to prolong our stay here.
Look, I found it! Angaara. Age-26. Died on July 7th 2006. Murder.
Collect all folders from July out of each shelf."
- - - - -

"Phew! That was close. Thankfully my car was nearby. Maybe starting the jeep would've woke them up. I recorded all the names by the way. We have to sort them"

"Thank you."

"Keep it to yourself."

"There's one thing you haven't told me."

"Mhmm?"

"Why were you at Naarnu's house the other day?"

"Should I tell the truth or do I have a chance to lie?"
Her voice softened.

"I believe in anything you say."

"I was there for you."

"Me? But why?"

Janani turned away from him and lowered the car glass letting the cool breeze calm her down. This wasn't as easy as she thought.

"I know who you really are!"

Her eyes moistened before Vihaan averted his face immediately.

"Aaa.. Umm.. Y-you are the popular novelist Anushku, aren't you?" she stuttered finding it hard to control her emotions.

Silence prevailed as he chose to stay mum. He frowned and changed the gear insisting his own self to concentrate on the path.
- - - - -

"12 years, 12 missing cases. And all happened on July 7th."
Janani scanned the list of names they managed to gather information about.

"Dosa, idli, pundi. What would you like to order madam?"
The owner of the petty shop they sat in, questioned for the third time.

"No. We're fine thank you.. again!
Oh crap! Vihaan, gimme a minute."
She hurried towards a coin phone booth and dialed a number.
"Pandu!!!!"

"Jenny, you're becoming a thorn in my bu.... banian."

"Hello! What's more important?"

"I'm a little busy Jenny. I'll call you back. OK?"

"No no. Give me all the details at the moment!"

Pandu almost whimpered flushing the comord.
"Sandhya Suvarna really did die in the accident and along with her, her husband Vihaan Suvarna too was pheeew OUT."

"What?!"

"Their car caught fire and they were reduced to ashes. Oh yeah! Seems a girl named.. Umm.. Harini Ranganath, was also travelling with them."

"What else did you gather about Harini Ranganath?"
Janani inserted another coin into the slit of the booth.

"She was an orphan, who lived in Bangalore working women's hostel. Her profession was... Haa.. A yoga instructor. That's it.. Hehehe."

"Thanks. You carry on with your work."

"Hey, and Aahan too.. "
Pandu cut the call hearing the dialer tone from the other end.
......................................................................

Waala!! One more twist!
Please comment on what you think, especially about the last part guys.

Good day/night 😁😃
                                        ~Sri

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

181 63 46
Amidst the eerie atmosphere and cryptic regulations, they unite to resist the village's control. Yet, the more they explore the mist-covered mountain...
18.1K 798 17
A continuation of the kidnapping of Shaurya plot. And then exploring what happens post that in terms of realisations. After which they all have fun i...
166 8 6
Story of a person who is in love with a girl who sometimes behaves strangely and lives in a village where lots of mystery things keep happening...
9.8K 1K 15
How does it feel when you are forbidden from eternal peace? How does it feel when your revenge never gets fulfilled? How does it feel when you underg...