The Alpha and the Rogue (REWR...

By DaddySatan24

Alexa has been a rogue for almost half her life. Her pack, Blue Moon, was at war with a rival pack, Blood Ri... More

Description
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

2.1K 36 6
By DaddySatan24

Word count: 2200

Alexis' pov

I've been a rogue since I was 12 years old. I'm 24 now and being a rogue is hard work. Running for your life, passing through pack territories, which is quite easy for me and my best friend Dylan. Whom I met about five years ago.

***5 years in the past ***

I met him one day when I was being chased by a gamma, that's a third in command. I was climbing up a tree because he had bit my leg really hard, almost ripping off a chunk of it, and it was getting difficult for me to keep running. As I climbed the tree I saw the wolf being attacked by another wolf.

When the wolf that attacked the gamma shifted back behind some trees and came out, I began to carefully descend the tree. I made sure I didn't apply pressure to my injured leg as i went down.

"The names Dylan Mathews nice to meet you." Dylan said, holding his hand out for me to shake it.

"The names Alexis Gray but you can call me Alex." I said, shaking his hand.

"Alright Alex so what were you doing being chased by that pup?" he asked, an amused look on his face.

"I killed his mate." I responded, looking at my nails.

"Really?" he asked raising an eye brow.

"Yes really." I said, giving him a once over. He had short dark brown hair that almost fell over his blue eyes.

"So why'd you help me? " I raised an eyebrow, making sure to keep an eye on his movements in case he tried anything funny.

"I saw that you needed help." I narrowed my eyes at him and nodded but remained on high alert.

"So what are you doing out here in these parts of the woods? Lost? Looking for a snack?" I asked him, moving so that I was leaning against a tree.

I inspected my leg as he answered.

"I'm actually on the run." My head shot up at his answer.

"From who?" I didn't want any trouble. I had enough of that already. So whoever he was mixed up with, I wanted no part of it.

Seeing the way I tensed up and squared my shoulders, he lifted his hands up in surrender.

"Relax sweet cheeks, no one's after me. I ran away from my pack about a year ago."

I relaxed only slightly. "What'd you do that you had to run away?" I questioned, going back to looking at my leg.

"You alright there?" He asked, taking a step forward. I jumped into a fighting stance which made him step back.

"Wow, you're jumpy." I rolled my eyes but stood up straight. "I'm fine. I've through worse." I said, mumbling the last part but he heard.

"I can tell, look at those gnarly scars on your thighs." He pointed at the scars peeking out from my shorts. The long jagged scars ran down my thighs to my knees.

"How'd you get those?" He asked, seeming as if he wanted to move forward but decided against it.

"Some wolves are a real pain in the ass." He chuckled, and motioned at the spot next to me.

"Mind if I sit next to you?" I thought about it for a second.

"You can sit in front of me." He nodded and plopped down in front of me. I joined him but kept my injured leg straight.

"I hear you. Once I had to outrun an entire army of wolves. All I did was steal some money and food. They went batshit crazy on me." I chuckled, leaning against the trunk of the tree.

"You didn't answer my question." I turned my head to look at him. He stared at me for a moment before responding. "I killed a pack member. " I narrowed my eyes at him and watched as he shuffled uncomfortably in his spot.

"It was an accident, though. They were in the way so it wasn't my fault." He said that like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

"How long have you been running?" He bit his lip and thought about it for a moment.

"About a year or so now." He moved his attention to a squirrel who was making it's way up a tree.

"What about you Alex, what's your story?" I sighed, resting my head against the tree trunk.

"I ran away from my pack at 12, I'm 19 now, after my mom died. My dad had died a few years prior to her death. Since I had no one else I decided to leave my pack. They searched for me for a while but I think eventually they gave up." I finished with a shrug of my shoulders, letting out a deep breath.

"You've been a rouge for 7 years? And you've been alone this whole time? How are you still alive? Especially when you ran away at such a young age? Had you even shifted when you did?" I rolled my eyes at his questions.

"I learned how to take care of myself rather quickly. It's not hard to do and 12 isn't that young of an age." I said, as I stood up, using the tree as leverage. "And yes, I had already shifted so that made it a bit easier to survive."

Once I was up and standing I shook out my legs gently. "But wasn't it lonely?" I felt a pang in chest.

Yes, it gets lonely most of the times but I have my wolf. She's enough company for me. "It's not that bad once you get used to it." He stared at me for a while, seeming to analyze me. "Well you don't have to be lonely anymore." He said, sounding determined.

I raised an eyebrow at him confused. "You have me now." I gave him an 'are you serious look' before shaking my head.

"I think I'm better off alone." I waved him off, starting to walk away.

He easily fell into step with me, and continued talking. "No way. Two minds is always better than one. Plus, we can help each other out. Keep each other company. We could be friends." I bit my lip, thinking about what he was saying.

I didn't know him at all. It would take some time to trust him but he seems like a good guy so I'll give him a chance.

"Alright Dylan, but one wrong move and I'll snap your neck." He gave me a bright grin.

"This is the start of a beautiful friendship." He said dreamily. I snorted but gave him a small smile anyway.

***present time***

Still Alexis' pov

You know those days when you wake up to the sun shinning beautifully through the curtains? Lighting up your room in such a way that  makes you feel at peace? Yeah? Well this is not one of those days.

Instead of waking up to chirping birds and a sunlit room I woke up to find my annoying roommate and best friend Dylan screaming at the top of his lungs from somewhere in our loft.

Groaning, I got up out of my warm and comfy bed. I shuffled out of my room and into the kitchen where Dylan's girlish screams where coming from.

"Why the hell are you screaming at, " I look at the wall clock above the kitchen sink, "4:30 in the fucking morning?" I growl at him, sending daggers his way.

"Well I got up to pee and realized I was also hungry so after I peed I came in here to look for a snack and saw this giant roach inside the snack cabinet so you know me being me, I screamed." He finished explaining, looking like he realized just how stupid he sounded.

I groaned in annoyance and frustration. "I don't have time for this, I'm supposed to be at the studio in 5 hours. Where's the damn roach so I can kill it and you can stop being such a baby?" Dylan blushed and pointed at the snack cabinet that was next to the fridge.

"Give me your slipper." I said, holding my hand out for it. He opened his mouth to protest but with one glare from me he shut his mouth and gave me his shoe.

Opening the cabinet I moved stuff around trying to find the roach when I came across a what looked to be a chocolate stain. 

I almost face palmed.

Oddly enough, the damn chocolate stain was in the shape of a roach.

"It's a damn stain you nit-wit." He gave me a confused look before coming closer to see that it was, in fact, just a stain.

He smiled at me sheepishly, "Sorry hun." I scowled at him and returned his shoe.

"Just shut up and go to bed."

*****************************************

I woke up to my alarm clock a few hours later. I was still exhausted but I had to get up.

"Just think about how you're going to take a nice, long, nap when you get back Alex." I told myself, trying to find some form of motivation to get up.

I stayed in bed a few more minutes just contemplating life before finally getting up and doing my daily routine.

Once I was done I headed out to the living room to see Dylan sprawled out on the couch watching TV.

"I'll see you later Dyl, " I grabbed my keys from the counter top and slung my bag over my shoulder, " Remember, don't use the stove under any circumstances, I don't want to come back to a burning building." I said, pointing an accusing finger at him.

He groaned and threw his hands up, "It was one time!" I shook my head before calling out one last goodbye and leaving.

I greeted our neighbors as they walked by me.

"Good Morning Salia." I said to the lady at the front desk. She smiled at me in greeting then returned to her attention to her computer.

I walked out of the building and headed towards my car. Hopping inside I threw my bag onto the passengers seat before starting up my car.

It took me about ten minutes to get to the studio.  Once inside I was immediately dragged towards hair and makeup. After they finished I was put into a ombre blue bikini.

"Alright Alexis now I want to see fierce but cute, innocent but mysterious." The photographer told me, taking multiple pictures.

I  made the positions and faces he wanted; already used to the flashing of the camera.

"By the way Alexis, we'll need you here tomorrow as well at 10:00 sharp." I nodded, moving into a different pose.

*****************************************

By the time I got home it was 6:00 pm. I silently prayed that Dylan didn't burn down the loft.

Just as I was going to turn right I saw a firetruck race past me and I instantly tensed up.

He burned down the loft. I'm going to slaughter him, I thought as I saw the fire truck head in the direction of apartment building.

I sighed in relief when I saw the truck continue to race past the building.

You get to see another day Dylan.

Pulling up to my parking spot I parked and removed the keys from the ignition.

When I got out of the car I was bombarded by the sweetest scent. It smelt of fresh rain and vanilla. I took in deep breath, sighing before realization dawned on me and my eyes widened, my body instantly tensing up.

"Crap." I muttered under my breath, rushing into the building.

I quickly made my way up to my loft, making sure I didn't bump into anyone. Once I was safe inside my loft I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Dylan?" I called out walking into the kitchen, dropping my bag and keys on the counter top. I frowned when I didn't get a response.

"Did you die?" I called out again, huffing in annoyance.

"Sadly not yet." I heard from behind me. I turned to see him standing in the kitchen doorway. I rolled my eyes at him, "You're an idiot." He grinned at me, "But you love me."

Again I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway. My smile soon faded as I remembered what had happened outside. "I think my mate is here." I whispered.

I watched the smile fall from Dylan's face and be replaced with a worried frown.

"Are you sure?" I nodded, the scent was unforgettable.

"I don't know what to do. He can't find me. The plan will be ruined." I panicked.

I've spent years planning on ways to kill the man that murdered my father and I've finally got a great plan that won't fail me. I can't have my mate come between me and my revenge.

"Hey it's okay Alex, we'll figure out what we're gonna do." Dylan pulled me in for a hug, patting my back and squeezing me close to him.

I returned his comforting hug and took a deep breath.

Just as I was about to say something, there was a knock on the door.

*********************************************************************************

How was that for a rewritten first chapter? I honestly think it's much better than before. Either way I hope y'all enjoyed it.

-Diana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 62.2K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
1M 23.9K 32
Hi, my name is Chloe Maka. I'm the daughter of Paea and Katherine Maka, Beta of the Moonstone Pack. I have a twin brother named Corey and a younger b...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
1.5M 41.4K 47
Elena has known the evil in the world. She's been hunted by a family friend since she was a young girl. But after her mother was murdered by him, she...