Outsider

By br0kenheart

"She means everything to me, I won't lose her." There love would last forever but forever didn't last More

C A S T
A C T I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A C T l l

chapter 4

556 12 0
By br0kenheart

Contains spoilers for my other Vikings book "Selcouth"

Evelyn's eyes snapped open and a gasped left her lips. Her brows knit together in confusion and her eyes gaze around the room she was in. Evelyn had come to the conclusion that she was in some type of log cabin. Her body was merged into the dozen of blankets and furs, she pressed her finger tips gently over the fabric when she caught sight of the bruise forming around her wrists. She had thought at first that maybe this was all a dream, but it had not.

Evelyn shook with fear at the sound of the door opening, her gaze landing on a man walking toward her. He didn't look like any normal man where she was from and this frighten her even more. His blonde hair was pulled back into a braid in the center of his head and the sides where shaved completely off, but his blue eyes sent a somewhat comfort in her mind.

"Do you understand me?" His was voice low while he kneeled in front of Evelyn. His eyes taking in her strange appearance.

Evelyn nodded, but her attention was caught else where as she heard the sounds of metal clanging and loud talking. The male seemed to notice her attention her was no longer on him but the window mere feet beside him. "You're in Kattegat." He told, moving to the window "My brother had found you just outside the boarder, on a near farm."

"You murdered those people!" She swore, her gaze turning into a glare.

"They insulted my brother." He turned on his feet, amused grin play on his lips. "You're not from here, where are you from?"

Evelyn knitted her brows together in utter confusion, why was he asking such a question? And why was his accent so different? But suddenly reality finally dawned on her. She wasn't in Seattle anymore. Evelyn's breath hitched in her throat, not only was she no where close to Seattle it hardly looked like she was in the 21st century anymore. Evelyn scrambled her mind trying her hardest to gather all that she remembered before she had blacked out but nothing came to.

"I need some air." Evelyn breathed, the air inside her lungs suddenly felt like it was weighing her down. She couldn't be any where else other than Seattle, right? Things like falling through time just don't happen, right?

The blonde man threw his hands up and motioned to the door as if to say 'there's the door'. Evelyn didn't waste not a second to jump from the bed and storm outside. She praying that this was a joke, that as soon as she opened this wooden door that nothing but Seattle was outside. She was wrong. She was so very wrong, and so very fucked.

Evelyn looks around her surroundings. Her eyes nearly popping from her skull. How in the hell did this happen? She was asking herself but the clang of metal against metal roared in her ears, she jumped back nearly into the arms of the blonde man who was now beside her. Evelyn turned to face him, suddenly realizing she was now breathing heavily. She tried to control her breathing.

"This - this isn't - no. This can't be real." her hand went to chest but her feet where giving out and soon she fainted.

•••

Yvette stood over the stranger. A wet cloth in her hands as she gently stroked it a crossed her forehead. She wonder if the girl was suffering from some kind of metal health. Bjorn has said she didn't seem in the right state of mind when he came to her earlier this day. Should Yvette be this close to her if she was indeed ill? The young girl sighed, leaning back in her chair. Yvette didn't think this young woman had a illness, maybe she wasn't all there in her mind but she didn't think the girl was sick. She felt if she was sick then maybe she would have rashes or her skin would pale, right?

Suddenly, for the first time since Yvette arrived to take care of the brunette she makes a sound. It is a whimper and a ear ringing scream, all at once; a heartbreaking, gut wreching sound to Yvettes ears. The young girls body shoots up, and Yvette can see clearly the sweat drenching her body. Yvette approachs the girl slowly; careful not to frighten her even more. In her lowest, and sweetest voice she can master she speaks to her.

"You are okay." Yvette's suprised when the frighten girl allows her to touch her arm in comfort. "you are safe."

"Where am I?" Evelyn asked again, maybe if she asks enough it will change?

"Kattegat."

Kattegat, Norway?

Evelyn's hand swiped the sweat from her head as she calmed her breathing. She was slowly realizing the complexity of this situation and knew that it wasn't going to be a easy fix. Honestly how could it be a east fix, she didn't even know what put her here in the first place.

Footsteps echoed, then the door was opened. "Good evening, ladies." A cocky blonde man had entered the room. He stood in the door way with two steaming hot bowls of what Evelyn thought to be soup; or she was hoping it was soup. His braided har laid along his shoulders, he didn't look like the man she had encountered ealier. He was smaller and less frightening and the dorky smile he wore on his face made Evelyn feel almost at ease. The man made his way over to the woman sitting beside Evelyns bed and he planted a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Are you hungry?" The man asked, looking through his lashes at Evelyn. She was indeed hungry, and the smell of whatever was in that bowl smelt amazing; she forced her head to shake no. Everything around her felt unreal and she was still in shock. Not only was she no where near Seattle anymore she had fully believed she had time traveled.

"Hvitserk, my love, are you offering to share food?" The woman spoke in a joking manner, but Evelyns mind lit up like a christmas tree.

Hvitserk Ragnarson. - his name, where had she heard his name before?

Hvitserk Ragnarson.

Suddenly like a wave crashing against her skull she remember Jake at the coffee shop and his love for Vikings , a TV show. - no, it couldn't could it? It's not possible for someome to just telaport into a tv series, is it?

"You're Hvitserk, Son of Ragnar?"Evelyn muttered out the words before thinking. The sweet smiles lingering on both Hvitserk's and the woman in the chair faded.

Hvitserk lofted a amused brow. "You heard of me?" He felt pride knowing his name was known in far away lands. He handed a bowl of soup to his wife - Yvette -then sat the other down while he kneeled by the bed side to focus solely on the stranger.

"Are you okay?" Yvette treaded her words carefully. "You look like you might be sick."

Evelyn shook her head with a smile. Even though she fully believed she might get sick she said otherwise. Still everything around her was surreal and her mind just wasn't grasping the thought.

Yvette seemed to notice the girls discomfort."My love, will you fetch us some water?" Hvitserk nodded, standing to his feet and giving Yvette a simple kiss on the forehead.

"I'm sorry if he frightened you." Yvette leaned forward.

"It-it's fine. I'm still just trying to figure everything out."

"Figure what out?"

"How I got here."

Yvette knitted her brows in confusion, she truly believed this young girl was suffering from kind of metal health illness. "Shall we see what we can do about your attire?" Yvette dodged the question at hand. The young girl forced her body up and out of the chair, a cringe on her face which didn't no unnoticed by Evelyn who quickly jumped up and grasp Yvette's arms to steady her. It's now that for the first since these two young beauties have been talking that Evelyn can see clearly her round pregnant belly.

"Thank you." Yvette spoke, her hands now upon her swollen middle. "I will be back shortly, you just stay here and rest."

Evelyn's mouth opened, she wanted to get another word out. She wanted to speak with the woman leaving room and chat about her surroundings, because honestly Evelyn was still in shock; but it was to late to speak now. The young woman has left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 24K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
218K 5.4K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
116K 4.1K 37
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
439K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...