His Mate and His Mistress: Th...

By taty_ABM

In this story, we get an insight on why Adelina is being blamed by her sisters Wilma and Wanda and and her... More

A/N: SEQUEL!!!
Chapter 1- "Betrayed"
Chapter 2- "The moon Goddess"
Chapter 3- "What about Edwin?"
Chapter 4- "The calm Place" -Part 1
Chapter 5- "Lina"
Chapter 6- "Escaping" -Part 1
Chapter 7- "Escaping" -Part 2
Chapter 8- "The Journey"
Chapter 9- "Naked with a stranger"
Chapter 10- "The Kiss, and War"
Chapter 11- "The Slap and Run"
A/N
Chapter 12- "The overthinker, and The Idiot"
Chapter 13- "The Killer, and The Runner"
Chapter 14- "Ready?"
Chapter 15- "Get Set..."
Chapter 16- "Final Countdown"- Part 1
Chapter 17- "Final Countdown" -part 2
Chapter 18- "Final Countdown" Part 3
Chapter 19- "Go."
Chapter 20- "Plot twist"
A/N
Chapter 21- "Home"
Chapter 22- "His Queen"
A/N "Pray"
Chapter 23- "Clarissa's death" Part- 1
Chapter 24- "Clarissa's death" Part- 2
Chapter 25- "He had Me"
Chapter 26- "Hot Confusion"
28- "Shy"
29-"The Jagged Scar"
30-"Dealing With Darrell"
31- "Raging battle"
It's My Birthday!
32-"Rise of A Luna"
33-"Trey and Aden"
34- "One of our own"
35-"Kade and Darrell"
A/N- Final Words
Cast- Propsals
A/N: Teaser
A/N
Instagram Page!!!
Other Platform?
1 Million Reads!
Amazon kindle
Book 3?
Promotion
Audiobook
PaperBack
Book 3
Audiobook!!!

Chapter 27-"Clarity"

82.8K 1.3K 104
By taty_ABM

I turned sharply, and there I saw Anila standing at the edge of the clearing, and when I turned back around, Selene was nowhere in sight.

*James' pnt. Of view*

"What are you doing here? How did you find me? And how long have you been standing there? " I asked, getting to my feet and facing Anila, who approached me with her hands behind her back.
"What you got back there?" I added getting a little suspicious, though my heart kept accelerating, and I felt the effects of the mate bond tugging at every nerve in my being.
"Okay dude, one question at a time huh. I came to talk to you, I saw you run in the forest, and I followed you here, and I stood there long enough to hear you talking to yourself." Replied Anila, her voice ringing with a soft undertone, while she chuckled with her last response.
"Okay, what you got there?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow to her hidden hands.
"I came to apologize. What I did earlier, I didn't mean to, it was a reflex, tensions were running high between our packs, and I didn't want to make it worse. I'm sorry. I brought you flowers." She said with a cute smile, as she showed me the bouquet of flowers unmistakably plucked from the forest floor.

I couldn't help the chuckle that erupted from my chest.

She kept her hand up, and I realized she was waiting on me to take the flowers from her outstretched hand.

I grabbed the flowers, and unintentionally our fingers brushed, and she gasped at the tingles that erupted.

She quickly retracted her hand, a warm blush settling in her cheeks, and her eyes looked everywhere but mine.

She was cute.

The thought made flutters rise in my stomach.

"So, what else do you do besides run, sit around, and talk to yourself?" She asked, walking past me to sit down where I was sitting a few seconds earlier.

She criss crossed her legs, and turn to look up at me, while I stared at her dumbfounded.

My mind was screaming move you idiot! While my wolf was urging for me to do more than just move.

"Uh..." I replied, suddenly nervous.
She laughed and shook her head, "oh come on, don't tell me the big bad wolfie is afraid to talk to me now." She said, and pouted.

Her teasing caused a low growl to rise from my throat, and I could tell she was affected for her breathing changed for a second, and her eyes became slightly darker, I followed as her eyes took me in and she slowly licked her lips, causing me to lick my own.

Her eyes flickered to mine,  then she once again looked away, a small smirk playing on her lips.

I shook off the earlier effect, and walked over to her, and lowered myself to the ground. We stayed silent for a minute then she said "can we start over? Like do a whole new introduction and everything?" She asked softly, turning to look me in the eyes.
"Sure, I'd like that." I said after looking deep into her eyes, almost getting lost in them.

They were a rich brown color, with a tinge of green, they were unique, fascinating.

She breathed then perked up as She said "Hi, I'm Anila, Anila Bradford." Then she extended her hand.
"Hello, I'm James." I replied, shaking her hand.
She raised an eyebrow and said "What? No last name?"
"Bond. James bond." I replied in my best James bond voice.
She laughed out loud, and said "you're so corny." Then she laughed some more and it was a glorious sound.
But then she froze, her eyes glazed over, and I figured that she was getting mindlinked from someone in her pack.

Once her eyes cleared over her smile faded as she said " I have to go. I'll see you soon okay?" And before I could say anything she kissed my cheek, and then she took off.

I looked where she disappeared in the darkness of the forest and sighed, the earlier heaviness I felt suddenly gone.

"How are you feeling James?" Came Selene's voice to my right.
"What happened?" I asked, getting straight to the point.
"What do you mean?" Asked Selene,  acting clueless.
"What is wrong with me? Like seriously. I mean one second I'm fantasizing about my luna, the next me and my mate are making amends. What did you do?" Accused James.
"I didn't do anything. It was all part of you. The only reason you were fantasizing about Adelina is because you were heartbroken. You hadn't even mourned the death of your first mate, and your second mate practically rejected you. Adelina was the only one who truly gave you a sense of comfort when she embraced you earlier that week. So you found yourself feeling warmth towards her, that's all it was. Nothing more, look at it sort of like a phase."
"Wha- oh my God." I brrathed, and I shook my head, I was so confused, and Selene's words started ringing in my ear.

Then just like that I came undone, I broke down. Tears ran down my face, as I fell to my knees and fisted the red dirt under me.

I groaned, punched the ground under me, fisted my hair and pulled as hard as I could. My throat and lungs burned, as my air ways felt blocked by the mucus that ran from my nose.

It was not a pretty sight.

My head fell in between my knees and I cried out even more. Selene's mention of Kat opened up a door that I've closed since the night I killed her.

Oh God.

I killed her.

Where I thought I couldn't cry any more, a new river of tears made its way out of my eyes.

I cried as the images of her blood running over the floor flooded my mind, and a headache burst with every sob that ran from my throat.

I wailed, my hands and wrist becoming numb from coming in harsh contact with the red floor.

I drew in a deep and shaky breath, and let it out in short gasps. I stayed in my low position until my lungs had finally regained their routined tempo.

I lifted my head, the headache still pulsing in my temples, the last few tears slid from my eyes as a small wind blew past me, drying them instantly, leaving only two streaks as footprints. I blew and wiped my nose, then sat on the ground. My night vision adjusting to the dark sky.

I felt weak, so I found myself laying down on my back gazing at the stars.

As my eyes admired their beauty, I suddenly felt envious of them. Why couldn't I be a star? Hanging about in a far away galaxy, shining bright enough to be a gorgeous wonder for the creatures that roamed the earth.

Starts didn't have a heart, they didn't have feelings. They didn't have to deal with the turmoils and games that life found interesting to play. They didn't have to feel guilt, nor did they have any fears to face. They didn't have to worry about making mistakes, or building up courage. They didn't have to cry and feel disgust, shame, or anger, time and time again. They didn't have to be human.

"Careful there James, jealousy does not look good on you, and over time, it's harder to resist it." Came Selene's voice.

I was so numb that I didn't even have the energy to jump in surprise.

"What? I thought as a blond, green eyes would do me well? And well time, time is a healthy bitch that  likes to run nonstop." I muttered.
"Young man watch your mouth. " reprimanded Selene, and I found myself rolling my eyes.
"Do that again, and I will smack you across your head. Respect yourself." She said glaring down at me.
"Yes ma'am." I saluted non too eagerly.

Elene sighed and then shook her head as her eyes softened.  She looked down at me and said "over time it'll get better. You just have to be patient, and go with the flow." And before I could reply, a slight wind blew by causing me to be distracted, and when I looked back to where she sat, Selene was gone.

______________________________________

Hey guys!

Sooo, this weekend is going to be hectic for me, so here is an early update.

Must I say, the comments from last chapter really touched my heart. I loved that there were various reactions to James' P.O.V.

I just want to make one thing clear. The reason why I wrote that chapter is because I wanted to give humanity to my characters. What I mean by that is that yes they are wolves, but they are also humans, and one to many people, including myself, sometimes go through those mind frames, as similar as that of James'.

But I just want to give a shoutout to all those who commented last chapter.

My readers, you are all truly amazing.

Now... What Did you guys think of this chapter? Do you like the way Anila and James are connecting so far? And what is your opinion on what Selene said during this chapter?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
93.3K 1.9K 18
Alexia Smith was a quiet and hard-working girl. She was one of the best fighters in training. She just happen to be one of the Beta's children. But...
219K 6.7K 48
When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went through some tough sh*t and then like a phoe...
15.8K 628 23
She had lived a life that wasn't her own. Every decision was made for her. At the end of the day though, she was still the one with the blood on her...