The Chosen Ones

By Jemsjems

Three teenagers were destined to change the world. They had to sacrifice their life and their humanity to sav... More

Prologue
Chapter 2

Chapter 1

24 3 3
By Jemsjems

[Unedited October 2018]

      "Hollie, please, just this once?"

      The atmosphere in the restaurant was very hectic, mainly for the duration during dinner time. Taking no notice of any annoying children who jumping up and down and demanding a happy meal from their parents in the queue, I took a deep sigh and selected another chip to eat. A worker decided to clean the next table, beside us plus taking trays away to clear more tables, for other people to use. I looked at Cherrie with a frown, even though I was ripping the chips with my teeth, ultimately taking my anger out on them. Swallowing them, I looked at Cherrie with a death glare.

        "Listen Cherrie, you know I love you and I know you mean well, but I am not asking that doughnut out. He's creepy and I don't like double dates. They are awkward."

        Rolling her hazel eyes, Cherrie scowled at me. She groaned heavily and tucked her dark blonde hair away behind her ear, just so I can see her cross shaped earring. She pouted at me and said, "Look, it's just for one night. Please, for me?"

      She crossed her arms in her cream cardigan, and leaned across the table, looking directly into my eyes. I could see within her eyes, pleading for me just to say 'yes', trying to attempt puppy eyes. Focusing on just her eyes, boring into them, I simply replied, "No."

        She slammed both her hands onto the table. The people around us, who were obviously minding their business, jumped a mile from their seats. I noticed they looked at us in disgust and turned back to their conversations. Some were shaking their heads while some went back to their burgers although a baby, few tables down started crying. The mother looked at us with hate.

        "For crying out loud, please, I'm begging you," she replied, putting her hands together, almost like she was trying to pray.

        Eating my last chip, I grabbed the napkin and started to wipe my face and hands with it and placed it on the tray.

        "For the last time Cherrie, no! I don't know why you want me to go out with him! I said no!"

        Grabbing my bag, I got out of my chair after left my rubbish on the table and left McDonald's. I left my leather jacket on, since I couldn't be bothered putting it off in this place. Scraping my converse across the floor, making my way out the door, I accidently pushed a younger teenager out of the way. I heard the young teen shouting me. I realised it was a chav I pushed. I heard Cherrie saying 'excuse me', too few individuals to get by. At least she was polite.

        "I just want us to go out with each other, with dates like we used to!" She screamed after me while trying to catch up, "Hollie, please just- hang on!"

        I turned around to face her and I took a deep breath. I rub my hands over my eyes and tried to calm down. I felt a headache coming on. The wind outside was allowing my fringe to fly all over the place. The cool air seemed to help me cool down. I appreciated that.

      Feeling myself sigh, I looked up her, with tired eyes. She crossed her arms and bent one knee, while putting her full weight on another. Her lengthy blonde hair, slightly going all over the place when she tried to tucked her very long fringe behind her left ear. Giving up she just let strands of hair go all over the place. Her black vest top was tucked into her high-waist jeans, when her jeans were placed into her knee high black leather boots. She grabbed her cardigan around herself a little bit tighter just to keep warm.

        "Cherrie, I'm just not looking for anyone at the moment. I want get college out of the way, find a job, go to university and then I might look for someone along the way. I'm just not ready. Especially after breaking up with Reece seven months ago, because he had to move in the south east of England because his father got a new job. I just want a single life for the moment, please. That's all I'm asking from you."

        This time, it was me with the pleading eyes. Myself and Reece grew up together, went to both primary and secondary school together then he asked my out in my last year of secondary school and had to break up with me, with mutual decision during summer, before the beginning of my second and last year at college. Childhood sweethearts we were. He was my first for everything. I just wanted a free life to myself; explore the single life at the moment and focus on my own life.

        Looking at Cherrie, she sighed and slightly nodded her head in agreement, "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry it's just I miss the old days that's all. Sorry for pushing you into trying to agree with me."

        I softly smiled and put my hand on her shoulder, "Me too. I miss the old days as well. Now go and see Dylan. It's your two year anniversary tomorrow and you're both at work so I think tonight you have to make it up to him," I winked, with a slight pout.

        "Hollie, shut up!" clearly she was surprised about my remark. She's so cute at times.

        "Why? I'm innocent," I smirked while she blushed.

        "Oh, of course you are," rolling her eyes at me and in a huff, "you wish you were Hols. Anyway, I've got to go. I'll see you later, my munchkin."

        Cherrie hugged me and walked off to grab a bus. I just giggled at her remark. Totally innocent she was. I smiled at that.

      I was striding to college fast pace making sure I would get to college for my next lesson on time. I was down a long street, which either side was full of houses, with some cars on either out on the drive way. The scenery was beautiful, with the sun, trying to escape from being behind the clouds and bright emerald green tree, swishing away with the wind. The cars driving on the right hand side, with people I assume, heading back to work after dinner time. I sensed my phone vibrating in my totes bag and I quickly grabbed it while I started to stroll back to college. It was very windy, so I was just hoping I could hear clearly to whoever it was at the other end of the phone. I noticed it was my mother ringing me, "Hey mam."

        "Hello sweetheart, are you alright?" She replied in a very cheery voice.

        "Yeah, I'm ok thanks, mam. Are you ok?"

        "Yeah I'm ok. Just wondering what you want for tea? I'm in town at the moment, just picking up bits and bobs and paying the rent."

        I can hear people shouting on the other end of the phone, due to the market in town, considering it would have been busy.

        "Ah ok. I'll have a pizza please. Any flavour, but I'll have something with chicken on it."

        I heard my mam sighing, "You're going to become a pizza one day. That's fine. I'll get a pizza for you. Your sister is at work so she won't be in for tea, so it will be just us two tonight."

        Of course my sister is at work. I totally forgot about that, meaning peace and quiet at my house for a little while. I noticed I was at a pair of traffic lights. Pressing the button on my right, I wait until the green man appeared.

        "Ah ok. Well I'm going back to college. Dinner break is over. See you later. I love you."

        "I love you too, babe. See you later."

        Putting my phone back into my bag, cars came to a stop and I saw a green man popped up. I started to walk across the road and picked up my pace back to college. It took me a good fifteen minutes back, when I distinguish blue and red flashing lights outside the building with a huge crowd, not just from students and tutors, but local people as well. I felt myself going cold and shocked and slowed myself down, acting cautious. I looked everywhere, just to see more people standing about, looking anxious to get answers to what the hell happened.

        "Hollie," shouted a voice from afar. Turning around to my left, I noticed there was a tall, shaggy fair haired person with a red hoodie, was jogging up to me. I observed closely, noticing it was Kyle.

        "What the fudge happened here, Kyle?"

        He stopped at my left side and back to observing the scene in front of us. His hand messed up his hair, clearly shown stress amongst his face while the other hand was in his pocket on his jeans. His red hoodie was hanging was hanging off both his shoulders, obviously not bothered that it was practically coming off him. We stood on the opposite road from the college, which was enormous; the colour auburn, with a hint of beige areas, that were repainted. The glass windows were a range of sizes but the double doors were huge and had those doors were you step in and the doors suddenly rotate by themselves. About up to three people could fit, per space.  At the moment it, the building was just drowning with people. Some cars slowed down to get a good look at the place. Nosey people, I thought. Kyle looked at me with worry and shook his head in confusion.

        "Honestly I don't know. But did overheard Mrs Glimm talking to Mr Helga that one of her students had an accident and got into a fight with another. It got out of control and they had to get an ambulance because one had a broken arm and there was a lot of blood. There was more to the story but I couldn't hear due to the sirens."

        The crowd was still about and huge; teenagers trying to get a good view to what happened, police were trying to get evidence from any students, who observed the fight.

        "Who was it that got into the fight?" I asked eagerly. I brows were fused together, trying to get my head around the whole situation.

        "It was Drew and James."

      I felt my eye going wide and I paled.  I sighed and shook my head in disappointment. Drew should have known better, but James; a flipping idiot. And Cherrie wondered why I didn't want to go out with him. He thought he was one of the guys that could get with any girl. Too bad I thought he looked like someone scraped him across the floor with their shoe, thinking they had something smelly.

        "Drew gained a broken hand, well knuckles and got plenty of blood spots while James just had bruises here and there and I know what you're thinking; I don't who or what started it."

          Kyle knew me too well. I just looked at him, taking a deep breath and sighed heavily.  Looking back at the scene, I noticed policemen were telling people to move back away from the scene and head home.

        "Guess this will be a long week." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thought I'd upload this as well. I know the chapter is random, but it'll do...for now.

Although, I just thought, lets jump right into it, mainly the ending.

I didn't realise, but I have ordered quite a few books and orders...sorry bank card, I know you're going to be ill soon, especially with Christmas on it's way. 

Honestly, has this year flew by or is that just me?!

Happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...