Sleep [BoyxBoy]

By XxRomanticVampirexX

[Not A Horror Story] Jasper is haunted by nightmares, his past, and his future. Currently living with two fo... More

[1] Sleep - Nightmares
[2] Sleep - Flames and Death
[3] Sleep - Undeserving of Sympathy
[4] Sleep - Suffering Children
[6] Sleep - Can't Wake Up
[7] Sleep - A Drink
[8] Sleep - Shut Your Eyes
[9] Sleep - Don't Feel Bad About It
[10] Sleep - Things That I've Seen
[Epilogue] Sleep - Letting Go

[5] Sleep - Terrors

10K 417 63
By XxRomanticVampirexX

Dedicated to
rotXinXpieces because I love her stories to death, and she's a fantastic amazing author who seriously deserves getting published!  One of my fav writers on the website ^-^ 

Sleep [BoyxBoy]
Chapter Five
Jasper's POV

"Like last night, they're not like tremors... They're worse than tremors, they're these terrors."

I grimaced as my alarm clock went off, and I sighed hitting the button groggily. I didn't get much sleep, and even woke up an hour before my alarm clock was set, completely unable to fall asleep again. Dracula slept by my side the whole night, giving the occasional comforting purr.

I sighed, getting out of my bed just when my phone vibrated, signaling I had a new text. I grabbed it and flipped it open curiously, glancing at the bold letters.

Tyler: Have any dreams about me? ;)

I wish. No, instead the dream gods blessed me with a dream of death and horror when it could have easily been Tyler and I in a shower together...

I blinked, forcing the images out of my mind. A problem down there would be the last thing I would need this morning. 

Jasper: Nope, but you probably dreamt about me ;P

Tyler: Are you sure that's not just wishful thinking? 

I laughed at that. Maybe, I couldn't help but think.

Jasper: Haven't decided yet. :) I'll see you at school, needa get ready.

Tyler: Alright. I give you permission to think of me if you take a shower ;)

I snorted at that, but couldn't help the grin that came to my face. Tyler was just something else completely. He was childish one moment, flirtatious the next, and then completely serious. It was like three people in one.

I got up and took a quick shower, actually having to try not to think about Tyler. Why did he have to mention it?

I hopped out a moment later, attempting to keep my thoughts clean. Great, Tyler. You infected me with your pervy thoughts. Thank you so much.

I went to my bedroom and looked through my wardrobe, pulling out some nice black skinny jeans and a tight white t-shirt. I dried off and slipped them on, going over to my mirror and taking care of my hair.

For once, I wasn't dressing nicely because I wanted people to not snicker behind my back, but because I sorta liked doing it. I mean, I wouldn't go as far to put on makeup or anything, I guess I just liked messing with my hair. And as long as Tyler didn't complain, nothing else really mattered.

I went downstairs with my backpack, watching Evan come out of the kitchen. He spotted me and smiled.

"Thought you were up. You're ready sooner than usual..." He noted the last bit with a thoughtful look, and I shrugged.

"I woke up early."

He blinked, looking at me worriedly. "Nightmare?" 

I grimaced. "You have no idea." I muttered causing him to bite his lip.

"You can tell us anything, Jasper."

"I know." I replied automatically, and he sighed, looking down on his watch.

"You still have fifteen minutes before I usually leave for work."  I blinked, surprised that I was that early. Usually I was almost running late, so it was really unusual. "Huh." I shrugged and Evan sent me a quick smile before going up the stairs, probably to continue getting ready for work.

I cocked my head before taking out my phone.

Jasper: Something crazy just happened. I just got ready fifteen minutes early. Somebody call the FBI something's not right...

Tyler: You just couldn't wait to see me, could you?

I chuckled. 

Jasper: Oh yes, absolutely couldn't. I treasure every moment I get to see your sexiness<3

Tyler: So you finally admit it! :D

Oh, Tyler.

Evan came down a moment later as I was thinking of how to reply. 

"You all set?" Evan questioned and I nodded quickly typing up my message.

Jasper: Oh god, Tyler.

Evan and I walked out to one of the two cars they owned, and I hopped in right when my pocket vibrated, signaling a new text.

Tyler: Ten bucks I can have you saying that all night long. ;)

"Talking to that guy?" Evan asked curiously and I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. "Um, yeah." I mumbled awkwardly as I stared at the text.

Tempting.

Evan chuckled. "Seems like you really like him," I glanced over at Evan for a second before smiling slightly. 

"He forces you to like him with his mind control abilities."

Evan grinned. "I know that feeling." He pulled outside the school and gave me a more serious look. "If you need anything, like anything, you can just ask us. Don't even hesitate."

"Thanks..." I stated uneasily. I wasn't used to foster parents being so nice to me. Usually they screamed or hit rather than telling me that if I needed something all I had to do was ask.

"Have a nice day at work, Dad." I hopped out of the car before things could get more emotional. Maybe I could actually fit here. Evan and Brandon actually seemed like they wanted to keep me. 

And... Tyler seemed to actually like me.

I searched around the crowd of students looking for Tyler, finally finding him standing a distance off, searching the crowds himself.

Feeling a little sneaky, I grinned, creeping up behind him and putting my hands over his eyes.

"Guess who?!" I asked in a high pitched voice that sounded like a dying cat rather than a girl. 

Tyler paused, tapping his chin dramatically, as though thinking really hard. "Chelsea?" He asked a moment later and I removed my hands unintentionally pouting.

Tyler turned around and spotted me, sighing in disapointment. "Damn." He muttered, and although I knew he was pretending I huffed, putting my hands on my hips.

He laughed at my childish attitude. "I'm just kidding, Jasper. I knew it was you."

I turned around, still pouting and he chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Forgive me?" He whispered in my ear causing me to involuntarily shudder. 

"Nope, you're going to have to make it up to me." I forced out, trying to ignore his close proximity. Tyler chuckled. "I'll think of something," Tyler purred in my ear and I felt my heart flutter and my body start to react.

"I'm sure you will," I breathed, somehow manging to escape his arms. 

The bell rang and Tyler grinned. "I'll see you later."

I nodded, and waved a goodbye as I walked towards my classroom.

I wonder how Tyler plans on making it up to me.

**

I walked towards the lunch room, curious. I wanted to see what Tyler was planning, if anything. Who knows? Maybe he was completely joking about 'making it up to me', even though he technically didn't even do anything.

Suddenly I was being tugged away from the lunchroom, and I looked up surprised to see Tyler steering me in the opposite direction of the cafeteria.

"Uh...?"

"We're skipping lunch." Tyler chirped and I blinked.

"Wha...?"

He pulled me outside to where people also ate during lunch, and I winced at the sudden bright sunlight. Tyler pulled me over to a table and sat down, causing me to laugh at his pulling. I sat down next to him and laid my hand on the table.

"Is there any reason you're dragging me away from food?" I looked up at him and stared at his pale blue eyes.

God, I love those eyes.

"I just wanted you to myself." He grinned and I chuckled.

"Whatever you say, Romeo."

"Jasper, um, if you don't mind me asking, what was your nightmare about?" 

I instantly sat up, grimacing. I knew he would probably ask eventually since I texted him about it last night, and he winced at my expression.

"Sorry, it's just Emma told me you said you have nightmares and when you texted me that, I just uh..."

He trailed off and I stared at him for a moment, slowly relaxing under his pale blue eyes.

"They're not nightmares." I mumbled uneasily, shuffling. I never actually talked this through with anybody, and I felt nerves start up in my stomach like when I was being sent back to the adoption center.

"They're night terrors." I avoided his eyes then. "Let's just say I went through some really bad shit, and it caused them to happen... and sometimes I wake up when the dream is extremely detailed and I feel like someone's choking me."

 "You feel like you're getting choked?" He managed a second later, and I nodded slowly, staring at the table. "Like, actually being choked by someone? Is that why you were so scared in the hallway when that guy... oh my god." He suddenly hugged me. "I'm so sorry, I should have been there sooner. Did you have a nightmare- Oh my god, I'm so sorry-"

I hushed him by placing a hand over his mouth, and he stopped talking a moment later.

"Sorry." His voice was muffled because of my hand and I rolled my eyes. 

"Stop apologizing. It's really not your fault. It's not like you could have predicted that he was going to attack me." I removed my hand and he grimaced.

"Sorry."

I sighed, though couldn't help the smile that suddenly appeared on my face.

"Just hush it, okay?" I dropped my head onto the table tiredly and he laughed.

"Which reminds me, I still need to make it up to you."

I perked up, looking over at him interestedly. "And how do you suppose you're going to do that?"

"By taking you out on a date." He replied with a grin, and I found my face heating up.

A date? Like, an actual date?

"All you needa know is that you should wear something casual, preferably running shoes." He then stood up and looked me up and down.

"By the way, you look amazing today." He then turned and walked away leaving me staring after him slightly confused, flattered and really tired.

I guess I'm going on a date with Tyler.

Wait... 

I was going on a date with Tyler?

I stood up instantly and fist pumped the air, barely resisting the urge to scream 'Yes!'

Hells yes, bitches, I just got a date!

**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 458 20
Jamie Archer is a sixteen-year-old boy with a 'curious' ability. And before you ask it's not anything like a superpower or something that seems cool...
67K 5K 30
Alex Martin is a struggling college student dealing with way too much stress - from his teachers to his parents, even from himself. He doesn't have t...
355K 19.1K 31
Joel has always hated werewolf society. As one of the lowest ranked werewolves of the Bournville pack, he has learnt to clench his teeth and smile w...
1M 40.9K 29
Sam was your average beta. He had good friends, good grades, and great looks. To top it off, he had the worlds hottest demon, Damien Rush, pounding h...