My Happy Ending

By livelaughluv451

All Amber Walker wants is a happy life. She was always wanted to get a perfect boyfriend, have a perfect marr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue (Last Chapter )

Chapter 42

34K 495 23
By livelaughluv451

Noah’s POV

“Excuse me,” Amber said, getting up. I shot her a quick smile but she didn’t seem to notice as she answered her phone and walked into another room.

“Are you two dating?” Tyler’s fiancé asked as soon as Amber was out of earshot. I nearly choked on my drink.

“No,” I answered automatically. It had been clear that Amber didn’t feel comfortable sharing that information with her brother just yet and I was willing to give all the time she needed.

She gave me a suspicious look.

“Are you sure? I’ve seen the way you look at her,” She said. I glanced at Tyler. He was glaring at me. I cleared my throat.

“No, Amber and I are just friends,” I lied. My eyes fixed on Tyler. He studied me for a full minute before shrugging and taking a sip of his drink.

“Tyler.” I heard a choked sob from behind me. I shot up and froze.

Amber’s face was suddenly tear streaked and her phone was clenched tightly in her hand. Despite her asking for Tyler and not me, I embraced her in a soothing hug. She buried her face in my shoulder. She started to shake and I could feel her rapid stream of tears soaking through my shirt.

“Shh. It’s okay. What happened?” I asked. She sniffed and took a deep breath. But when she tried to speak, nothing came out.

She tried again.

“He called me and said-.” Again, she was interrupted by her own sobs.

I squeezed her closer to me and gradually lead us into the front room. I sat us down on the couch, and she used the extra stability to dive onto my lap and bring us even closer.

“Who called?” Tyler asked in a hard voice.

She whispered something not even I could hear. She tried to speak again.

“Dad,” She choked out. My hands tightened around her and my muscles tensed.

“What did he say?” Tyler demanded. She turned on my lap so that she was facing forwards.

“Just the usual. He wants to see me and he has the right crap. But he sounded so angry and he said that if I didn’t listen…” She trailed off.

I slid an arm around her waist and started to rub small circles into her arm with my thumb. She seemed to appreciate the small gesture as she relaxed slightly and leaned back.

“Did he threaten you?” Tyler asked.

Tyler started to pace the room, occasionally kicking a wall or clenching his fists. Amber lightly shook her head.

“Not directly,” She whispered. Tyler spun around and crouched down next to her.

“Amber, I need you to tell me exactly what he said,” Tyler commanded in a stern voice. He reminded me of a police officer questioning a suspect, which wasn’t really a comforting tone for Amber.

“He said that he wanted to see me and if we didn’t cooperate, it wouldn’t end well,” She whispered. Tyler shot back up and ground his teeth together.

“So he did threaten you,” He said.  He slammed his foot into the coffee table and sent it flying. Amber cringed closer to me.

“Sort of,” She whispered weakly. Tyler’s eyes flared with fury.

“Sort of? Amber do not down-play this. This is serious!” He yelled. She flinched towards me again.

“Hey, ease up on her. She didn’t do anything wrong,” I said, speaking directly to Tyler for the first time. He spun to face me with a furious expression.

“I don’t need you to tell me what to do, Flynn. Why are you even here? You aren’t wanted right now, so get the heck out of here,” Tyler snarled. I definitely saw the short fuse that seemed to run in the family. I sprung up and stepped towards him.

“I am here because you’re too angry to care about what really matters,” I paused and pointed at Amber. “She’s what matters here! And so far all you’ve done is shout at her!”

Tyler glanced at Amber and his anger vanished. He sighed and pulled her into a hug.

“I’m sorry for freaking out like that. I couldn’t believe he spoke to you directly,” He growled. I put a hand on his shoulder as a silent gesture to calm down. I’d just witnessed him lose control, and I didn’t want Amber close to him if it happened again.

“It’s okay,” She whispered. He pulled away and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

“I need to take Amelia home, but I’ll be right back. Noah, can I talk to you for a second?” he asked. I nodded and followed him out of the room.

He walked over to Mia, who was still frozen at the kitchen table. He leaned down and whispered something in her ear. She looked sympathetically in Amber’s general direction and stood up. I followed them out of the house and down the driveway.

Tyler opened the passenger door, shooting her a goofy grin. She giggled and stepped in. He closed the door and turned to me, his playful expression vanished.

“I need you to watch over her until I get back. I have to head back to college in the morning so I’ll need you to stay over and make sure nothing happens during the night. You can sleep in my bed and use my dresser for your clothes if you need to. Can you do all of that?” He asked.

He trusted me to stay the night at his house. He must really trust me. He wouldn’t let just anyone near Amber while she was so vulnerable.

“Of course.” I nodded. He sighed and walked to the other side of the car.

“Keep her safe,” he said and climbed into the car.

I didn’t waste any time before running back into the house to comfort Amber. I tried not to focus my thoughts on her father, because I knew that if I did, I might go crazy. I was trying to keep the anger balled up, not wanting to upset her. Tyler was furious enough for the both of us.

Just to be safe, I took a deep breath before stepping into the room.

“Amber-,” I started to say but stopped once I realized she was asleep. Her head was rolled back on the couch and her mouth hung open. Even in her sleep, the scared expression remained on her face. I tried not to think about it too much.

Being careful not to jostle her too much, I scooped her up into my arms and started up the stairs. On about the seventh step, her eyes cracked open. I swore under my breath.

“Noah?” She asked sleepily. I smiled slightly and walked up the rest of the stairs before answering.

“Yeah, it’s me. Sorry for waking you,” I whispered.

I’m not sure if she heard me. Her eyes were closed again and her breathing was even. I nudged the door open with my shoulder. I froze when it creaked in its hinges. Amber’s eyes didn’t open and I sighed in relief.

I gently set her down into bed and pulled the covers over her. Just as I was about to leave, I heard her voice.

“Noah? Can you sleep with me?” She asked.

Despite my intention, an amused smile slipped onto my face at the inadvertent double meaning. Her eyes were barely open, but she had propped her head up with her hand.

“I can’t. I don’t think your brother would appreciate it very much if I slept in the same bed as you,” I told her. She frowned.

“Oh yeah.  We could lock the door and he’ll never know,” She suggested.  I chuckled and sat down on the bed.

“I love your enthusiasm but I really can’t. I would love to, but I can’t,” I told her. Her eyes opened a little wider and she pouted at me.

“Please. What if we do this?” She said. She threw off the covers and leaned towards me.

She pressed her lips against mine hungrily. I hooked a hand around the back of her neck and pulled her closer to me. I slid my tongue into her mouth and enjoyed her chocolate-y taste. She moaned and threw us backwards so I was lying on top of her.

We were making out. On a bed. Horizontal.

“Amber,” I groaned and pulled away. She pouted again.

“Come on, please?” She begged. God, this was killing me.

“I’m sorry, Amber,” I said. She huffed and turned her head away.

“Fine. You can go now,” She said acidly. I stared at her in awe.

I leaned down to place a final kiss on her lips but she turned away. I tried again and she moved her head to the side.

I saw what she was doing and kissed her again. This time, I improvised and started kissing her jaw line. I felt her clench her teeth and remain motionless.  Now I was intent on getting a reaction out of her.

I gently bit her earlobe and kissed the place under her ear. Her jaw clenched even tighter but other than that, she didn’t react.

I trailed a hand down her arm and she shivered. But I wanted a stronger reaction then that.

I went a little lower, tickling her sides. She squirmed slightly. I now caressed the outside of her thigh. Her hands clenched the bed sheets. Her leg jerked as I moved to the upper part of her thigh.

I lent down and trailed kisses all over her upper thigh, through the material. Her leg jerked again and her hands tightened. I moved to the spot just above her knee, my moved to kiss the inside of her legs.

As I got higher and higher, she moaned. I smirked. I pulled back and eyed her lustful expression in victory.

“Hey that’s not fair!” She whined. I smiled arrogantly.

“What’s not fair? I haven’t the slightest idea of what you are talking about,” I said innocently. She narrowed her eyes at me.

“Fine,” She said.

She flipped us over so that she was on top. I stopped breathing completely as she hitched my shirt up and started kissing all over my chest and middle. By then, I was completely hard but that didn’t seem to satisfy her.

She started to rub circles in my upper thigh. She was so close that if she moved her hand slightly to the right.

That’s exactly what she did. But she just brushed over it, making me jerk slightly and moan. This time, she was the one smiling in victory.

“Now you know how I feel,” She said. I smiled and leaned down to kiss her but froze once I heard the car engine outside.

I sprang out of bed and shot Amber an apologetic look. I ran downstairs just in time to see Tyler walk through the front door.

I faked a yawn. “Hey, I’m pretty tired. Do you mind if I crash on the couch?” I asked.

“Sure, go ahead,” he mumbled and trudged up the stairs.

I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes. I drifted asleep, our recent actions replaying in my head.

Sorry for the delay.

Votes: 70

Next upload: Wednesday

Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 13.4K 42
Ashleigh Bishop is determined about two things when she moves to NYC. 1. Not to get too attached to anyone. 2. Never to let another man t...
67.6K 3.9K 42
When a near-homeless Arabella Laurel is sitting on the park bench in despair with a pink slip, a savior comes to her rescue. Of course, no one is tha...
534K 35.1K 36
Formerly known as Edge of Romance / Three times is the charm, they say. But Addy needs more like a miracle if she's to have any hope with Miguel. ***...
19.9M 678K 63
(*Now an Amazon Bestselling eBook*) Sera's usually a good girl. (Except for that one wild night in the backseat of a stranger's car!) But what happen...