F R E E ✔ [completed]

By Beasterz02

Where paths cross and 2 lives are thrown into a huge mess called love. A story where trust is your enemy, pro... More

Heads Up
Neighbors:1
You're an idiot:2
Together:3
Simple Sweet Sixteen:4
Beware of Dog:5
Stupid Friends:6
Finally Free:7
Saying goodbye:8
Long Time No See:9
Promise Me No Promises:10
Broken Hurts:11
Talks With Jonah:12
Back to Prison:13
Jealous:14
Change of Plans:15
Full of Surprises:16
Game Changer:17
Voicemail:18
I'm Sorry:19
Strangers: 20
Boys and Babies:21
Cheaters:22
Love:23
Parties:24
Tears:25
Fights:26
Unplanned:27
Pretty Girls:28
Shopping With JackJack:29
Homecoming:30
Homecoming pt.2:31
Pregnant:32
Memory Box:33
Double Trouble:34
Cheater:35
Roses:36
Jayden:37
Words I Didn't Say:38
Voices:39
I Didn't Mean To:40
Forgiveness:41
Loneliness:42
Fairy Lights and Kisses:43
Sharks:44
Just Friends:45
Bench:46
Love At First Convo:47
Triple Date:48
Amnesia:49
Judge Jonah:50
Breaking Point:51
New Years:52
Tired of Waiting:53
Home:54
Um:55
The Wedding:56
More Goodbyes:57
Hiding:58
Chopsticks:59
Lucas:60
Tell Him:61
Death:62
Letters:63
Prom:64
Big Day:65
Competition:66
Birthday:67
Texts:68
Mine:69
School:70
Marriage:71
A Champion:72
Hurry:73
No Show:74
The List:75
Baby:76
Valerie:77
Jayden Lee:78
We Meet Again:79
A Visitor:80
24 Hours:81
Missing:83
Free:84
!!important announcement!!
!!ANOTHER PROMO!!
hi i miss this book
new book

Veronica:82

1.8K 61 56
By Beasterz02

Jay: 

It's been about 9 years since Zach and my mom got married. I was just starting as a freshman in high school. I was 15 and Veronica, was now 9. Veronica Herron.

I still hate my 6-year-old brain for confusing myself and letting Zach marry my mom. I don't know how it made sense to me then, but it doesn't now. 9 years go by super slow when you live with a dude that you absolutely hate. Well, not absolutely, but kind of. We never really got along. 

He was so different from me. He played guitar and sang his heart for the world. I threw footballs and played games, not a guitar. My mom, on the other hand, is both. She sings and dances, but she plays basketball and helps me with football which should be a father's job. But who am I kidding? Zach will never be my father and he will never see me as his son. 

Veronica Herron. The name is known everywhere on social media. As soon as Zach told the world that he had a daughter named Veronica Herron, all social media went crazy and have been updated with pictures of her since the day she was born. He does interviews and takes her with him sometimes. Who is Jayden Miller Jr? The kid whose father was an all-star high school and college football legend, so close to also being an NFL legend, but he sadly passed away. Forgotten with the rest of his memories. 

Uncle Jack, he still lives with us and is constantly simping to sad music in the basement because he loves Aunt Chloe. In my opinion, if you love someone, tell them. Even if it's absolutely hard for you to do and even if you're scared, tell them. Well, that's what I learned from my parents at least. Dad loved mom, so dad told mom and they got married.

Aunt Bridget, she got married to some lowlife. They moved to Vegas and I have a cousin named Charles who I've never met. Aunt Bridget says it's because they don't have time to visit, I think it's just because she thinks he's too good for me.

And my mom. My beautiful, amazing, strong, better than any other mom in the world... I love her. As much as I want to be angry with her, I love her. I do everything to make sure my mom is happy because when she's happy, I'm happy. And there's nothing that makes me happier than to see that she's happy. I don't know, maybe my 6-year-old self, wanted my mom to be happy. That's why he let her get married to the wicked witch of the west.

"Jay!" I turned and saw my two best friends running towards me. Jacob and Richie.

Jacob: Smart, but always serious about situations.

Richie: Not so smart, but gives great advice.

We've been stuck together since we started football. They were my comforters when my dad died. My mom was always too busy crying over my dad and Jack was always comforting her. I didn't have anyone but them and Hashbrown.

"First day of school," Jacob said wrapping his arms around the both of us. "Beverly Hills High School is in for a real treat."

The three of us walked through the doors. This was where the magic happened for my parents. Our first stop wasn't our lockers or our classrooms, but the huge trophy case. Full of pictures and plaques and awards.

"That's my dad," I said staring at a picture of their football team from his senior year. Class of 2018.

"Your dad was a legend," Richie said as we all admired the pictures and trophies.

"And that's my mom," I said laughing at a picture of my mom holding their State Champion Trophy. She told me about those years. Class of 2019.

"Your dad and mom were a year apart?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, everyone hated my mom because my dad was the hottest guy in school and he was a senior."

"I wish I knew what if felt like to be your dad. Varsity as a freshman, most liked guy in school, and humble about it all. He even had a cool name, Jayden Miller," Richie said. Jacob agreed.

"Yeah, he was so just so cool that sometimes I feel like I'll never live up to him."

"You will bro," Jacob said patting my back. "Do it for him."

We continued to walk around the halls. My mom said that nothing had changed since she graduated and I can tell. I found my locker and opened it. The inside was plain, but in small letters, a name was written.

Lucas Posey was here! August 27th, 2017! 

"Woah, this dude went to school with my dad!" I said pointing at it. Jacob and Richie walked over to look at it.

"That's so cool. I wish someone wrote in my locker like that," Richie said. "Mine is just a plain maroon locker."

I laughed. The bell rang dismissing us to our first period. Jacob and Richie didn't have my first period, sadly. And I was nervous. 

I walked in and sat down. After the bell rang we all had to stand up and move to our seats which were displayed on the board. I didn't know anyone in the class except for Jeremy Thompson. But I never really talked to him in middle school.

Then the teacher took the role. She called out names and I matched names with faces. 

"Jayden Miller," she said. I looked up.

"Here."

"Jayden Miller. I remember that name. A charming young boy, you even look like him."

"Did he go here?" I asked.

"Yes, he did. He was on the Varsity football team as a freshman and he got a scholarship to UCLA as a senior. He was a such a humble kid."

"He was my dad."

"Wow!" She smiled. "I must be really old if I had your father as a student. Years go by fast."

"Your dad isn't Jayden Miller!" A kid in the class said. I turned around to look for who said it. A few guys were laughing. 

"Yeah, he is."

"What a liar. You guys just have the same name," A kid with dark brown hair and blue eyes sat in the back said. "Don't lie, Herron."

"Herron?"

"Kian Deegan?" The teacher called.

"Here," the kid said. Kian Deegan.

"Your dad is a singer, not a football player. Zach Herron. My mom used to listen to his crappy music all the time when she dated him."

"Your mom?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah, she went to school with Jayden Miller and his girlfriend Deja."

"Yeah, and then Jayden and Deja got married and had me. Jayden Miller Jr."

"She dated Jayden too."

"My dad is Jayden Miller. Not, Zach Herron. Zach Herron will never be my dad."

"Do you really think everyone is going to believe that Jayden Miller and his super hot high school girlfriend gave birth to... that?" Everyone in the classroom laughed.

"Settle down kids," Mrs. Lawrence said. I rolled my eyes and faced forward.

God, I already hated school.

...

"Hey, Jay! Sing a high note for us!" A few guys teased as I walked through the hall.

A few girls even asked me if my dad was really Zach Herron and I had to explain to them that he was my stepdad. I stood in front of the trophy case and stared at the picture of my dad again. I didn't understand why he had to die...

I walked to lunch and sat down with Jacob and Richie. A few of the seniors on the team were congratulating me leaving me super confused.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You're on Varsity, dude!" Will yelled. "Your dad was a legend and so are you."

I smiled. Jacob and Richie punched my shoulders and screamed at the top of their longs. I was a lot taller than the average freshman. I was also a lot more well built than most of them.

I sat at the table and ate pizza when I heard Kian's voice.

"This one's for Jay from his dad!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. When I turned around they were playing Taking You super loud. Everyone was listening. They also held up a huge poster of Zach. 

I couldn't believe my eyes. Soon, the whole school heard that Zach Herron was my dad. A few kids even accused me of lying about my dad being my dad. It made me angry.

...

"How was school?" My mom asked when I walked into the house. I just slammed the door shut and walked upstairs to my room. "Jay?"

I walked into my room and slammed my door too. I hopped onto my bed. I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up.

"Jay?" My mom asked knocking on the door. "Are you okay?"

"Go away, mom."

"Jay, what's wrong? Tell me what happened, baby."

"I'm not a baby, mom!" I was sweaty from practice and now covered in tears.

"I know that, honey. But you need to talk to me."

"I don't want to talk to you, mom."

"Dinner's ready and we're waiting for you."

I sat up a bit.

"I'll be right down."

"Okay." I changed into different clothes.

I walked downstairs and found Veronica, Zach, Jack, and my mom sitting at the table.

I took my seat next to Uncle Jack. I didn't even want to look at Zach. He basically ruined my life. Hashbrown walked over and curled up against my ankle calming me.

"What's wrong, Jay?" Veronica asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"How was school?" My mom asked again. I looked up at her and wiped my tears.

"Can we not talk about school?" I asked.

"Why not? What happened?"

"Why does it matter?! I hate my life, I hate school, and I just hate everything. Okay, mom?!" I yelled.

"Don't yell at your mom, Jay," Zach said looking at me.

"Why do you even care?! You used to yell and hurt my mom all the time too!"

"Jay," Uncle Jack said grabbing my arm. "Calm down."

"Calm down?! Is that all anyone has to say anymore?! Calm down?!"

"What is wrong with you?!" My mom yelled standing up.

"I'm a teenage kid, mom! This is what happens to a teenager when they're hurt!" 

"I know that! Why do you think I'm not worried!? Surprise, surprise, Jay. Your mom was once 15-years-old!"

"You don't get it, mom." I got up from the table and walked outside into the backyard. I just threw my dad's old football through the hoop in the backyard.

My first day of school was supposed to be something I loved. But no, stupid Zach had to be a part of my life and ruin it for me. My mom could have fallen in love with someone else but she decided to fall in love with him. I cried and threw the ball harder and harder.

I didn't understand this pain. This type of pain was so new to me.

"Jay?" I turned and saw my mom walking over to me. "What's wrong?"

"Everything, mom!"

"What do you mean by everything?"

"School, football, home."

"What's going on with school and football?"

"Kids are making fun of me because of Zach. They played Taking You in the Cafeteria and held up a huge poster of him. So, now people think that I'm lying about dad. They don't think he's my dad, they think Zach is. They say I suck at football and that I should just be a singer."

"Baby..."

"That's not it, mom. Who else has Zach dated?" I asked. "Who else has dad dated?"

"Zach's dated me and a few other girls. And dad has only ever dated me and another girl named Peyton."

"Peyton, who?"

"Peyton Deegan."

"It was her!" I cried. "Her son is the one who's making my life miserable right now! She dated Zach and dad and now her son is hurting me! I didn't do anything though!"

"Jay, Peyton and I never had the best friendship in high school. She and Aunt Bridget were best friends."

"Well, Kian sucks too!"

"I never knew that Peyton had a second child... when she graduated from high school, she had a daughter named Lilly. She was born in January. It's not a surprise to me that a few months later she'd be pregnant with another kid."

"And who's Lucas Posey!?" I wanted answers.

"He died his senior year of high school. He's Lilly's dad. Zach and your father both hated him."

"Why?"

"That's a story for another time."

"No, mom, you can't keep secrets from me anymore! I didn't even know Zach existed until the day dad died! I didn't know dad had an ex-girlfriend who also dated Zach until today! What else do I not know, mom?"

"Jay, I don't know what's wrong with you. Why are you acting like this? Most kids-"

"Well, I'm not most kids. Most kids don't come home hurt on their first day of school! I'm hurting mom, can't you see that?!"

"I do, Jay. That's why I'm standing here with you!"

I pushed past her and walked into the house.

"Jay, just tell me why you're acting like this?! It's more than just being hurt by kids at school, what is it?!" She asked.

"I want my dad back!" I yelled at her before storming upstairs and into my room.

A/N: Deja vu? 

I flopped down onto my bed and cried while staring at my dad's high school jersey. It hung right above my old race car bed and a box full of my old toys.

"Dad, why couldn't you just leave the hospital with us?" I asked his picture. "You failed me and mom is too. What type of parenting is that? When you said you were going to leave me and go to a faraway place, I thought you were going to the Bahamas. I didn't think you were going to die! If I knew you were talking about death, I would've performed surgery on you right there and then. I probably sound really stupid talking to a picture of you right now."

What is this pain? 

Deja: 

I stood in shock as he ran up the stairs and slammed his door shut.

"Deja?" Jack asked. I looked over at him.

"I'm a horrible mom."

"No, you're not," Zach said.

"Mom, what just happened?" Veronica asked. She had Zach's light brown hair and his fair skin. Why is it that none of my children looked like me?

"Nothing," I said. "Go do your homework."

She just finished eating her homework before walking upstairs to her room.

"I'm gonna go buy some more milk," Zach said getting up from the table. I nodded. He grabbed the keys and left.

"Deja..." Jack said softly.

"He will never like Zach," I said.

"He will... eventually. You grew to accept Brianna, so can Jay."

"I feel horrible..."

"Jay is just you. You used to do this at dinner all the time. There's no one in this house that understands Jay's situation better than you do."

I couldn't understand why I couldn't relate to this situation. Me and Jay's problems were the exact same. Why was it that I didn't understand him?

What is this pain? 

///

I told you there was more! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 1.4K 45
"its hard to love someone and not know if they even feel the same way. Because one day they will be in someone else's arms. They will be happy and yo...
5.2K 173 39
A love story that starts from across the hall. Moving into a new apartment with your roommate seems to have been the best option as through some form...
701K 22.3K 70
"Love always finds a way back." Sequel to New Phone//Zach Herron Don't you dare try and copy this because it belongs to me!! This ranked #32 in fanfi...
38.8K 865 35
𝙇𝙊𝙎𝙏 & 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘿- {"𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘡𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴, 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭...