The Blood Kingdom (Book 1)

Oleh UndeadMusicQueen

"Only The Victorious Rise When They Fall," 16 year old Parker Thompson is quite the troublemaker. He always s... Lebih Banyak

Welcome To My Life

33 3 0
Oleh UndeadMusicQueen

*Before we start the story, I just wanted to say that this is a completely new story that I've been working on for a while. I'm really nervous to be posting because this story is dear to me. But I feel ready to share it. I hope you guys enjoy the story and at least find it interesting!*

"PARKER!"

The sudden yell made me sit up in my chair. I looked around and realized that I had been daydreaming. Again. I wasn't in my imaginative world anymore but I was in my fifth period history class. Great. Mr. Abraham, the history teacher, was in front of my desk, staring me down. He was quite tall man and intimidated.

"It just seems like everyday I have to call your name. Maybe if you used your ears for once, you could hear me." he crossed his arms.

I just shrug my shoulders. "I do use my ears but I suddenly become deaf when I hear your horrible voice." I swear history class was just that one class that got me irritated. Mr. Abraham always seemed to be on my case about everything. It seemed like always failed me every quarter, lied to my mom about my grades and tried to claim that I was nothing but a nuisance in his class. He gawked at me from across the room.

"Well Mr. Thompson, you will need to have ears if you work at fast food restaurant. With the rate you are going at, how will you ever be successful?" He turned his foot and walked back to the chalkboard full of notes. I felt a rush of annoyance. He was just added to one of the reasons why I wanted to leave this high school.

"That's what your mom said when you told her you started working here." I smirked at him. Two can play this game. Mr. Abraham sighed. "Seriously Parker. You need to start paying attention." he said. He turned his heel and walked right back to the chalkboard. Off he was again, talking about the same old things. I sunk down in my chair. Today was just another day of him bothering me. All I really wanted to do was be at home. Don't all students want that?

"What if I don't want to? What if I just want to get up and leave?"

"Then I would report you to the office. That wouldn't look good on your record now would it?"

"That's all you know how to do. Report people to the office. Give me a break!"

Mr. Abraham was clearly getting more annoyed as I continued. I could see it in his face. This was my normal interaction with him so I didn't know what the problem was.

"If you think you're going to get away with this, you aren't. I'll be telling the principal and she talk to you about it. Also, you are going to write me a five page about our current topic. Due tomorrow. No excuses. Have fun." he sneered.

"Only five pages? Well I'll do it as long as your mom tutors me." I scoffed at him

"Don't worry, my mother would love to help out an unfortunate case like you."

The students around me all turned their chairs and started whispering to one another. Mr. Abraham looked amongst the students and was prideful. He walked towards me. The only thing you could hear in the class was his shoes. And a few laughs. I smirked at him. "Good. Maybe she can give me a few tips to help deal with her pathetic excuse for a son."

All that pride that was in Mr. Abraham went away. His face turned a slight red. Didn't know if it was from anger of embarrassment. In any way it was the reaction I needed. The class was bursting in laughter. No one was taking this seriously anymore. Suddenly, Mr. Abraham slapped his hand on my desk, turned around and yelled out, "SILENCE NOW! THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER! TURN AROUND OR IT'S DETENTION FOR ALL OF YOU!" I tried to keep my laughter in. I pretended to write notes in my notebook to make him walk away. Mr. Abraham walked back to the board and sighed loudly. "Let's get back to work,"

The period seemed to be dragging. Time couldn't move any slower. I mean, half of the kids around me were trying not to fall asleep. One girl was attempting to hold her head up but was failing to.

It was funny seeing Mr. Abraham try to engage us into the lesson. When he would ask a question, only one person would raise their hand. Everyone just looked at him blankly. I looked over at the clock. We only had one minute left. I heard kids already screaming in the hallways. Guess that's considered the bell because everyone started to put their things away in their bags.

Mr. Abraham walked over to the door and closed it. "No one is leaving just yet! I have an announcement to make. It's very important!'' he said. The whole class groaned and we shuffled our way back to our seats. Why did teachers always seem to pick the wrong times to say announcements? Just have to hold up everyone like that? He turned back at us and cleared his throat.

"I will not tolerate anymore of this foolishness in my class anymore. The display of behavior you guys had today was horrendous. You better fix up your act or I will start taking away everyone of your privileges. This includes sports games, cheerleading, committee, whatever it is. Come in tomorrow respectful. " He glanced at me sharply. I played it off, acting as if I was looking at the window. "That is all. You are now dismissed. Enjoy your day." The class went in a frenzy as students began to slam open the door.

Like any hallway in high school, it was hectic. Students were running and throwing things at each other. I walked past them, making sure I didn't get hit by anything.

I grabbed my science textbook from my locker and shut it closed. I couldn't go to class just yet though. I had to find my friend, Ethan. We didn't have the same schedule, but he had the bad kids in his classes. It was entertaining to hear what they did during the class period.

He was only a few lockers down from me so I walked over there. After a few pushes, I spotted Ethan. He was looking down at a paper and didn't seem like his normal self. He was slouching and kept putting his hand through his hair. Something was wrong.

I tried to walk as smoothly as possible but people were walking like zombies. I sighed loudly. "Coming through," I insisted to them. Only some of them heard. They rolled their eyes and moved over. Calm down, it's only 11:30.

I shoved my way out of the hoard and got into the locker section of the hallway. I spotted Ethan still with the same sad, blank face. He noticed me and waved effortlessly. Trinity, our other friend was there as well. She was talking with Ethan and they looked like they were comparing a paper of some sort. She was laughing as she showed him the things on her paper. Ethan was smiling weakly. I walked over to them."Hey, what happened to you tod-" I was suddenly caught off guard as I was tripped to the ground. I heard a burst of loud laughter behind. Annoying laugher. It had to be a group of guys.

"Whoops, sorry about that! I didn't see you there!" the guy said sarcastically. I know that voice anywhere.

"Bryan what the hell? There's no reason to do that!" Trinity exclaimed as she helped me up. I didn't want to brush this off. He got away with this almost every single day. Not today. I raised my head up and looked at him straight in his eyes. "You know what? I'm getting really sick of your crap Bryan. If you want to settle this, we can do it right here. Right now." I felt the blood rushing through me. Just looking at him made me get even more furious. I wanted to start it up. This was it.

Bryan just simply laughed with his friends. "Do you hear this punk saying he could beat me?" His friends backed him up. They pointed and mocked me. I knew in that very moment, I someone needed to hold me back.

I curled my fists. He really needed to be taught a lesson. "Don't believe me? Put your fists up then." I said. Bryan rolled up his sleeves. His friends riled him up. They weren't even attempting to hold him back. Anything could happen at this point. He suddenly grabbed my shirt by it's collar and pushed me to the locker. It hit my head hard. Damn, this dude isn't messing around.

I tried to get my way out of his grasp but his friends helped him with more force. I kicked and squirmed everywhere. Now Bryan was the one staring at me. "You better be careful what you're saying around me. If you can beat me, prove it." he said. Ethan came over and interfered. He got between Bryan and his friends. "Back off dude. Seriously you're taking this out of hand." Ethan said. I knew he wanted to be the bigger person. But we weren't a problem to him. All Bryan and his friends wanted to do was cause trouble any chance they could.

Why are you trying to get yourself involved Ethan? You're no match to them, I thought to myself. Bryan sucked his teeth. "You too? Man, you guys are really looking to getting your asses kicked." he said. He turned over to one of his friends and signaled him. The guy smirked and nodded. Ethan caught on and started to walk back slowly to Trinity. But he wasn't quick. The guy grabbed Ethan and slammed his on the locker door as well. Guess that makes two of us. "Get off of them! All you're doing is starting unnecessary problems!" Trinity snapped.

All of sudden you can hear the click of heels coming down the hallway. I looked in the direction it was coming from. "Get out of my way! Excuse me, I'm walking here!" the girl appeared with her little high heels. It was Amelia, Bryan's cheerleader girlfriend. She and her group of friends liked to mainly terrorize the girls of the school. What was she doing over here? Oh yeah, trying to make this situation even worse. She looked over at me and Bryan and covered her mouth in shook. She ran over to him and grabbed his arm.

"Bryan what are you doing trying to beat these wimps up? They didn't hit you did they?" she asked. Before Bryan could reply, Trinity raised her voice and said, "YOUR JOKE OF A BOYFRIEND DECIDED TO BOTHER MY FRIENDS!" Amelia curled her hair on her finger and acted as if she was shocked. She walked over to Trinity with her heels still clicking. She pointed a finger in her face.
"You just wish you can be on my level. How dare you call my boyfriend a joke when your whol existence is a joke?

"Are you sure about? He doesn't care about you." Trinity responded back.

"You know what? Bryan do what you need to do. I'll deal with her." Amelia said, her tone of voice filled with disgust. Bryan smirked at her. She smiled and blew him a kiss. What were they? The new Bonnie and Clyde?

Bryan had finally let go of me. I almost slipped to the ground. Again. My arms were sore from his hard grip. My legs felt like they were about to give out. But that didn't mean my fist wasn't ready. "You aren't going to get away with this crap now!" I yelled out. Bryan crossed his arms. His demeanor gave it away. He wasn't scared. I needed to do this. I couldn't let him win.

I ran towards him, all the anger raging inside me, and punched him in the face. It felt good to do it. I felt like all my anger was finally released. All the times he bothered me. Bryan didn't even expect it and touched his face in awe. "You little!" he yelled out. He grabbed me and threw me onto the ground. Again. First it was my arms and legs that hurt, now my back. What was next?

A large group of kids started to form around of us. They were pointing and yelling out. "FIGHT! FIGHT!" They just knew how to encourage him. Bryan had began to punch me in the face but I dodge them. Attempted to in this case. He got a few blows to my face and it impacted my sight. I was slowly starting to see stars. I tried to get back my balance but I kept getting knocked down. I was too dizzy to regain it. He pushed me back to the ground and I started tasting blood in my mouth. This was not going good. I needed to get back up. I gripped the locker slowly, just not to make it obvious that I was getting up. He could just push me down at any second. I was probably already messed up enough. I at least needed to get home alive.

Bryan scoffed at me. "You're not going anywhere Parker! Fight like you said you were going to! Let's go!" he yelled out. I looked around at the students watching it all go down. Some were laughing at me and pointing. Others were just standing in shock and watching from afar. God knows if he was going to bring someone else to fight.

Bryan was panting loudly but got up swiftly. He brushed off the dust from his shirt. His friends grabbed me and pushed me towards him. I almost tripped in the process. I was trying to catch my breath and refused to look him in the eye.

"Did you learn your lesson Thompson?" he said sharply.

"Go to hell!" I struggled to say. He laughed loudly. He went near me and raised my face up. "Maybe this should teach you one last time." He said. He raised his fist and was about to serve another punch but we were stopped by a sound. A loud, familiar sound.

Coming from the hallway was a loud whistle. It made my ears ring. Bryan and I looked over and saw Principal Morris walking towards us. She wore red heels that made her seem even more scary. "GO BACK TO CLASS, THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS! GO ON NOW! MOVE IT!" she yelled. The hoard of students stayed silent and was quickly moving out of the way. I heard some of them passing by saying, "Yo that Parker kid got his behind beat by Bryan. Why did he think he was going to last chance with him?" I sighed at the thought of it.

Bryan lowered his fist and walked back as Principal Morris stared at us. Trinity and Amelia looked at each with disgust and turned away. Bryan's friends had finally let go of Ethan. Trinity ran towards him and grabbed his arm. She walked with him towards one of the lockers. Bryan cleared his throat. "Hello Principal Morris. This is all a misunderstanding, I promise." he said. She looked him up and down with a serious expression. "Really? So explain to me why Parker is bleeding?" she said. Bryan looked down at the floor and struggled to find a response. "That's what I thought. My office, now. That includes you too Ethan, Trinity, and Amelia. No excuses. Follow me." she said. She turned around and started making her way down the hallway.

I shot one last look at Bryan. He curled his fist and mimicked his head getting cut off. It was clearly towards me. Amelia ran towards Bryan and hugged him. "I'm so sorry!" she whispered. She sucked her teeth when she saw me. They turned away and caught up with Principal Morris. When they were far enough from hearing distance, Ethan and Trinity ran towards me. "Parker what were you thinking? Have you gone crazy?" Trinity said. She searched her jacket and pulled out a napkin. "Here use this napkin. You need it." I accepted it and cleaned my face. We walked down the hallway slowly. Principal Morris was already way ahead us so we just had to speed it up. "You know if you would have just told him to leave you alone and walked away, we wouldn't be in this situation right now." Ethan said. He was right. If Bryan just left me the hell alone, it would have turned out nice. Way to ruin a Friday.

"Well it originally started with me trying to teach him a lesson. Then it suddenly spiraled to me getting my behind kicked." I explained.

"Parker, me and you know how Bryan is. He's ruthless. He'll bring you down easily. I'm pretty sure we all know that."

"But you know what they say, nothing's impossible."

"I know that but you beating him? Seems impossible to me."

Principal Morris stood outside the doorway waiting for us. She kept her focus on me but I looked down to avoid it. "Hurry up now we don't have all day!" she exclaimed. The silence of the halls made it even worse. I had to be stuck in the same room as Bryan. The guy I swore I was going to beat. This was going to be interesting.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

51.9M 2.1M 88
The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in our land, the Vampire Lords made a consec...
8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
11.1K 550 27
yes it's alice x reader although, i gave u a name cuz maybe i dont like urs. Everything that is written about victoria in this story, is about rachel...
5.8K 118 36
After Evelyn Gilbert, fraternal twin to Elena Gilbert, left to try to wrap her parent's car accident around her head, she comes back home with a secr...