Worth It

By blackgirlwrites

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol More

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 8: Looking Out
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 19: The Turn Up
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 23: The Visit
Chapter 24: The Interlude
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 42: New Life
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments

1.6K 103 13
By blackgirlwrites

"Good morning baby," Kevin said as he shifted his position in bed.

"Mornin'," I smiled back.

"You ready," Kevin asked as he turned over on his side to face me.

I sunk into the bed. "No," I huffed. "I don't want to go to this "family meeting." I just wanna stay in bed with you." I inched closer to him and began to kiss his neck. "Doesn't that sound like a much better plan," I asked him just before kissing his lips. Kevin grinned and kissed me back. He slipped his hand under my neck and pulled me closer to him.

"It does sound like a better plan," he said as he now lingered over top of me, "but," he said pecking my lips, "you gotta leave in like an hour."

I ran my hand down the brawn of his chest. "I know, but I'm naked and you're naked," I said trailing off with a grin.

He laughed. "This is true, but I don't want you to be late," he said gently squeezing my thigh.

I peered over at the clock before wrapping my arms around his neck. "I think I have time," I grinned just before my lips met with his. Kevin's hands kneaded into my skin, his palms gripping everything his hands could hold. Each kiss was never empty. His love always full. I knew he sought to breath life into me with every touch. When the full weight of his body pressed into me I clung to him tightly. I liked how he felt here; how he made me feel; how I was safe. How we were home.

For a moment we laid breathlessly in bed. Kevin threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. He gave me a lingering forehead kiss. "I love you," he said after a moment. "I love you too." I looked up at him and gave him a few short pecks on the lips before sitting up. Kevin playfully pulled me back down. "Kevin," I laughed as I laid back on my pillow, "I have to get in the shower."

This time he looked at the clock. "You have a little more time," he said huskily in my ear. "Just lay with me for a second. I want to hold you a little while longer." He threw both of his arms around me and sent a trail of kisses down from the juncture of my jaw and neck to my collarbone. His fingertips ran around my waist and down to my hips. I bit my lower lip and grinned.

"Baby don't do that," I laughed.

"Why," he whispered against my neck.

"Because we don't have time for what comes after that," I grinned.

"We can always make time," he said as he kissed my neck.

"What happened to wanting me to be on time," I teased.

"Well, the longer you're here the more I want to do."

I bit my lip and gently moved away from him. "MmMm. Where you going," Kevin asked as he sat up, his lips traveling across the landscape of my back.

"Babe," I said leaning my head back as I received each and every kiss. "I have to get ready." His lips never left my body. I got up and playfully tackled him back onto the bed. I got on top of him and sat at his hips. I placed my hands on his chest.

"I'm gonna go get ready okay and when I get back later today," Kevin raised his hand and tried to object, "let me finish," I laughed, "We can finish what you started."

I gave him one more kiss and got out of the bed to officially start my day.
..
By the time I finished getting dressed I knew I was late. "Kev, can you text one of my sisters and tell them that I'm on my way?"

"Yeah I gotchu."

"Thank you so much. Everybody has been blowing up my phone for the past fifteen minutes asking me where I am and am I on my way. They're gonna kill me," I said running to the door.

Kevin called out to me. "Babe!" I turned around and within seconds was swooped up in his arms. "Don't let them stress you out when you get over there. You hear me?"

I chuckled and said yes. He tilted my chin upwards and planted a soft kiss on my lips. "Call me if you need me."

"Okay baby," I replied as I turned to walk away, my hand now leaving his. "I love you," I said over my shoulder. "Love you too," he called out behind me.
...
When I pulled up to the house my dad rushed outside to meet me. "Lyssa you supposed to be inside not just pulling up."

"I know. I know. I'm so sorry dad. I got a late start this morning."

"It doesn't even matter. I'm just glad you're here. It's not even noon yet and it's already heating up in there." I quickly walked behind him. "Oh Lord," I thought to myself. Before I even got to the door I could hear my mom fussing inside. My dad held the door open for me. I reluctantly walked in. I tried my best not to be seen, but that was short lived.

"Oh good Alyssa's here! Great," she said pointing her clasped hands in my direction. "Maybe you can explain to me why I have been bamboozled into a damn FAMILY INTERVENTION," she shouted while staring down my dad.

"See I told them this wasn't gonna work," I mumbled to myself as I sat down on the last step of the staircase.

"I should have known your ass had something to do with this," my mom said pointing a finger in my direction.

I rested my cheek on my hand. "Look. I didn't plan this if that's what you mean. I didn't even want to come today if I'm being honest."

"So why are you here?"

"Because I was asked to come."

My mom scoffed. "Of course."

"Did you ask anyone else why they were here or you just felt like bothering me as soon as I came through the door?"

"No, but you made yourself an easy target when you walked in here a half an hour late," she said folding her arms.

"Alright ma. Whatever," I said brushing her off.

"You know what Alyssa, why don't you just leave? You've made it very clear that our relationship is beyond irreparable repair anyway."

"You know what? You right. I don't even know why I try anymore," I said standing up. "I'm sorry dad, but I'm gonna go."

"Ha! Tried when? You've been here for all of five minutes. You didn't even have the courtesy to get here on time. Trying at least means being here at eleven when your family ask you to be here at eleven!"

"Oh wow! So suddenly you're all gung ho for family now. I call bullshit!"

"The hell it is! I've always been about my family," she shouted from across the room.

[Keyona held her hand up to her head and chuckled. "Wow! Ma must've been waiting for Lys to get here cause she came right out the gate when she came in," she mumbled to Mya. Mya laughed quietly. "Honestly."]

I continued. "Since when! Cause I'm looking at a woman who has an ex-husband, a secret boyfriend, and two lovechildren. I can definitely see how into family you've been over the years."

"Wow! I can't believe that you would throw me under the bus like that."

"I mean at this point it's not news."

"Right, but you bringing it up like it is."

"I mean is that not the main reason why we're here? If you ain't get caught we would be going about our business today per usual, but nah we here with your problematic ass."

"Aye! Aye! Can y'all chill out for a second," Faye interjected.

"And watch your mouth Alyssa," my dad reprimanded.

Faye continued. "We didn't come here to hear y'all be petty and bicker back and forth."

"You know what? You are absolutely right which is why I'm leaving."

"Of course you are. You always walking out on somebody. You're so immature," my mom said as I headed for the door.

"Nah. I just don't have time for your foolishness today," I said fed up. "Damn. Kevin told me not to get stressed out today," I muttered under my breath.

"What! Did you just say Kevin told you not to stress today," she laughed. "He gives you instructions before you leave the house?"

I sucked my teeth. "It's not like that ma and you know it's not. He's just looking out for me."

"Whatever. When it doesn't work out just remember I warned you."

"Ma that's enough," Keyona butted in. "He probably told her that because she's pregnant and not to mention he loves her. You shouldn't have said that."

"Oh okay, but when she's talking crazy to me nobody gives a damn. I see how it is."

"No ma. It's not like that," Tyreek added.

"Says the one who never has an opinion on anything," my mom scoffed.

"Yep. That is definitely my cue to leave. You even talking to Ty crazy and he don't even bother nobody." With my hand on the doorknob, I looked around the room. "I'll holla at y'all later. Call me if you need me. I'm going home."
...
When I got back into my apartment I was so relieved. I was really over today.

"Alyssa is that you?

"Yeah baby."

"What are you doing home so early," Kevin asked from the bedroom.

"You want the long version or the short version," I sighed.

"Uuuh, the short version."

"Okay good," I said walking back to the room. "Ma was being irky, I wasn't with the foolishness, and I left."

"Alyssa nooo. You just walked out on em like that," he chuckled.

I laughed. "Baby I don't know why you acting surprised."

"You right. You right," he grinned.

I plopped down on the bed and took off my shoes.

"I think we'll make amends someday, but today just wasn't the day," I shrugged. "We just---" I sighed frustratedly and walked over to the dresser--- "I don't know...can't seem to have a civil conversation anymore without one of us pointing fingers at the other. I mean it's really gotten out of hand."

Kevin walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"If I'm being completely honest with you, the back and forth is getting old and I want us to reconcile. Besides, I want her in my life for all the big moments. You know that's my girl," I sighed as I leaned my head back in the crook of Kevin's neck. "I just want to be at peace," I said closing my eyes for a moment.

"What can I do to help," Kevin asked as he sent a few playful kisses down my neck.

"Well," I smiled, "you can keep doing that."

Kevin looked at me through the mirror and grinned. "When you want me to stop say 'when'," he said as his lips went further and further down my neck.

He watched my face in the mirror as his hands now roamed my body. I grinned and placed my hands over his. I guided them from my stomach, down to my waist, and over my hips. He looked at me one time before hiking up my dress. His hands slipped under my dress and inside my panties. "Damn baby," he smiled, "you always ready." He turned me around so that I was facing him and picked me up. He set me on the dresser, half of me exposed. He leaned in and kissed me and in one swift motion slid my panties off. He held them up in front of me and grinned.

"Give me those," I laughed as I snatched them out of his hand.

"I ain't never seen those before," he said licking his lips. "Those new?"

"Yes," I said just as I threw my arms around his neck. I dropped them on the floor behind him and proceeded to seduce him with my lips.

"bzzz-bzzz-bzzz."

"Baby I think that's your phone," Kevin said in between each kiss.

"Yeah it is," I said breathlessly, "but just ignore it." My phone rung two more more times after that and by the third ring Kevin got fed up and grabbed it off the bed. "Here. Answer it."

I took it from him and set it down beside me. "I'm not answering it."

"Baby it's not gon' stop ringing until you do."

I tried to object, but I couldn't get a word in. "Fuck," I whispered.

"Answer it," he coaxed.

"I don't want to," I said kissing his neck.

"If you don't imma stop."

"Seriously," I frowned.

"Deadass," he grinned.

I playfully rolled my eyes and picked up my phone. "Hello," I said into the phone. My smile left as quickly as it came. "Wait. Wait. Wait. Mya Slow down." I held my hand up to Kevin's chest. He watched my face and stood still. I politely moved him from in between my legs and hopped off the dresser.

"Baby what's going on," Kevin whispered. I held up one finger. "Hold on," I mouthed to him. "Oh my goodness. Okay. Okay," I said quickly. "We're on our way. Bye."

I looked at Kevin frantically. "My mom's been rushed to the hospital." I started moving around the room in a panic. "Mya said that she was in a car accident and that they might have to induce her labor. We have to go now."

Kevin and I quickly grabbed our things and hurried out of the house.
..
On the drive down I could do nothing but worry. I really hoped that her and the baby would survive this. When we arrived at the hospital I was so nervous. Kevin grabbed my hand and held me close as we walked in the front entrance. When I saw my siblings all sitting together in the waiting room, I rushed over to them.

"Hey," I said hugging each of them. "Have y'all heard anymore news? How's it looking," I asked them. They looked at me somberly. Faye was the first to speak up. "It's not looking so good. She might not make it."
...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 313 55
"I can't trust you, I can't listen to you, I can't believe you. I want nothing to do with you get the fuck out of my life Harry!" I yell at him while...
PASSION By Piyu

Fanfiction

8.1K 734 68
Okay so this story is written two years back , so if it's cliché , understand . And I was really new to writing . If you guys have read it before I u...
8.2K 336 24
(-----UNFINISHED-----) NOPEITY NOPE NOPE IM SORRY IF YOU DECIDE TO READ THIS ITS SO BAD. IF YOU ARE GOING TO ACTUALLY READ THIS, GOOD LUCK. pls don't...
65 12 13
This story might be a bit confusing but bare with me, please.