The Possessive Mr. Hyland

By typokween

The tyrant that was Jason Hyland held a soft spot for his best friend's daughter Charlotte Montgomery-he only... More

The Possessive Mr. Hyland
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Epilogue

Chapter Two

201K 4.4K 386
By typokween

A/N: i was going to update TPG Outtakes first but Jason demanded my attention more :p

enjoy~

Chapter Two

"Wow, your office is gorgeous," Charlotte gushed as she sat down in one of the two chairs that were perched in front of my desk. Her eyes were trained on my book case and I wondered if she still loved reading as much as she did when she was younger.
"Thank you, I had a professional arrange everything for me." I sat down in my swivel chair and pretended to ignore her when she crossed her legs, revealing more skin.
"Really?" She frowned. "Why didn't you just get Becky to do it?"
I cleared my throat. Seems Luis didn't update her on my martial status.
"Rebecca and I are divorced," I murmured stiffly.
Charlotte's eyes widened. "What? Why? When?"
"Would you like to know where and how as well?" I teased her, dodging her questions effortlessly.
"Don't change the subject," she said, rolling her eyes.
I sighed, logging into my computer. "How about we save this conversation for later, we have some things to discuss and work to do."
"Whatever you say Mr. Hyland," she giggled, the sound sending a shock through my body. I cleared my throat, subtly adjusting myself when she glanced down at her fingernails.
I needed to get a grip on myself.
"I got your resume but I already know how amazing you are. Your mom won't let me forget." I shot a wink at her with a grin, earning a enchanting giggle and pink blush.
"Sorry, you know how she gets when it comes to me," she shrugged. "I swear I could've became a garbage person and she still would've been gushing about me to her book club friends."
"It's alright, I like hearing about my favorite monkey."
Maybe if I pretend she's still seven these feelings will go away...?
Her face turned red this time as she scowled at me. "My favorite ice cream isn't banana split anymore."
I pretended to pout. "Shame. I was going to take you out for ice cream after work too."
"Dinner sounds more appealing," she grinned, sitting up a little more straighter. "I'm an adult now after all."
Don't I know it.
This time I let my eyes trail over her chest, the button down she was wearing seemed to fit her snuggly and I wanted nothing more than to rip it off and-
I snapped my eyes back to the computer screen and pulled up her job summary.
"So Ms. Montgomery, your job as my assistant will be to make sure all my scheduled meetings go by flawlessly, notarize important documents, and a handful of simple tasks like transferring information to excel," I smirked playfully, "and getting me coffee."
That earned me a giggle.
"Char, if you don't mind me asking, but what do you want to do with your life?" I asked, leaning back into my chair, spreading my legs a bit. "I know assisting old guys like me isn't exactly thrilling to you."
Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Oh hush Jay, you're only thirty-two. And I want to be a lawyer. Or at least get my J.D."
"Why don't you start now?" I picked up a pencil and started fiddling with it.
"I want to have fun for now," she shrugged. "Pretty confident my life will be over the second I get my first case work."
I chuckled at her silliness and glanced at the time. "Ready to get to work?"
she sighed, "I suppose. Where do I sign?"
The next hour was spent with me handing Charlotte all the paper work she was too fill out and bring back the next day and ones she could sign at the moment. We both agreed on a reasonable salary, one that was exceptionally higher than the norm for regular assistants but I didn't add that part. She was iffy when it came to sticking out and special treatment. Soon after I gave security and human resources a call to make sure they had Charlotte on file and that they'll set up her ID tomorrow morning, Charlotte was yawning and stretching her arms above her head.
"Well, that was fun," she mumbled.
I chuckled, standing up and stretching my legs. "It only gets better. Now we have to join the living and...interact with them."
"Oh the horror," Charlotte giggled, standing up as well and tugging her skirt down. I looked the other way.
"Would you like me to introduce you to some people?" I walked towards the door, opening it for her before she could respond. I needed to get out of this room. It was filled with girly perfume and...well, her.
"Sure," she shrugged.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"What friend are you staying with?" I asked casually as we rode down on the elevator. My office was stationed at the top.
"Ash Granger. We went to school together," she leaned against the wall opposite from me. Her eyes were hooded, probably from sleepiness, and her wavy hair looked a bit more tousled than before and if I didn't know better it looked like she just had sex.
One of the buttons on her shirt seemed to have come a loose and showed a hint of cleavage I couldn't keep my eyes off. She looked like pure sex, not the seven year old who liked to play in mud and dress up her Jay.
That's all I was back then. Charlotte's Jay.
Everywhere we went she would introduce me as "My Jay." Because she knew. She knew I would pretend to eat as many finger biscuits she wanted me to eat and I would check as many closets for monsters. She knew I'll be there for every bruise and cut that needed a kiss and there, waiting in the wings with flowers, for every ballet or violin recital. Ready to fawn over her and tell her how amazing she was and how no one could ever measure up to her.
She was my best friend. Someone who was barely three feet tall who saved me when no one else could. Of course Luis gave me the job that got me out of my situation but his daughter, who got frustrated over addition and subtraction problems, gave me life and hope.
And I wasn't about to tarnish our past with feelings I couldn't control. As far as I was concern I could be nothing more than a Uncle to her.
"Good evening Mr. Hyland," Trisha, a executive assistant, greeted me as she passed Charlotte and I. We were on one of the lower floors, where people Charlotte would interact more with were stationed. It was usually full of assistants getting copies and interns trying to figure out how to use the coffee machines and how so-and-so liked their coffee.
"Trisha, wait, let me introduce you to my new assistant, Charlotte," I called out.
"Oh," Trisha stopped. "I've heard of you," she held her hand out, smiling. "Hi, I'm Trisha."
"Charlotte," she shook Trisha's hand with a smile of her own.
"If you need any help with anything, just call me, I'm Greg Oakley's slave- I mean, assistant. I wish I could chat some more but I have some errands to run. Bye!"
"Nice to meet you!" Charlotte called after Trisha with a small giggle.
"I promise she's a riot once you finally get her to sit down," I chuckled, leading her around the corner. A man, Luke I believe he's name is, was heading our way but stopped the second he looked up from the paper in his hand and saw Charlotte.
I frowned at his frozen state, glancing back at Charlotte to see her frowning at him, just as confused as me.
"Um, Luke is it?" I asked cautiously.
That snapped him out of it. He shook his head and glanced at me before snapping his eyes back to Charlotte.
"Sorry Mr. Hyland, I was just...just blinded by your companion's beauty," he grinned.
I rolled my eyes. Oh, you've got to be kidding me. I peeked over at Charlotte to see her lips pursed, as if she was holding in her laughter.
"This is my new assistant, Charlotte," I introduced her, grudgingly, for some odd reason. "Charlotte Montgomery."
Everyone knew of Luis Montgomery and his beloved family. Some people found his wealth and status quite intimidating.
Luke's eyes widened significantly before he seemed to recover. "Luke Kingston," he moved all the items he was holding to one hand and held the other out for Charlotte to shake. She did, giving him a firm squeeze before stepping back, right by my side I noticed smugly. I placed a hand on the small of her back self-consciously.
"Well Mr. Kingston, I believe it's best that you get back to work-"
"Actually, Mr. Hyland, I'm going on break in a few minutes. I could take over and show Ms. Montgomery around...if that's what Ms. Montgomery wants, of course," the kid rambled, his eyes skirting between Charlotte and I nervously.
Before I could turn him down, the thought of leaving him with Charlotte made me feel uneasy, Char piped in.
"Sure, I think I've took enough of Jay's time," Charlotte giggled, looking up at me.
"Cool," Luke grinned.
"Right, cool," I muttered, staring blankly at him.
"See you in half a hour," Charlotte chirped, reaching up to peck me on my cheek, just like she use to do dozens of times before she left for Miami.
"Lead the way," Charlotte jokingly ordered Luke.
"Of course m'lady, your chariot awaits," Luke chuckled.
It wasn't until they were out of sight that I felt unexplainable rage boiling in my veins.
I wanted to break something.
But instead I turned around and quietly went back to the elevator. All the while, Charlotte's kiss seemed to burn me.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"College was...okay," Charlotte frowned, playing with her food absentmindedly.
I swallowed the food I was chewing before I spoke. "Did you not like it?"
"Well...you know how I graduated high school a year early? It was kinda hard making friends when all they wanted to do was go to clubs," she shrugged her shoulders sheepishly. "Freshmen year was pretty boring but it got better as each year went by."
I hummed in understanding, taking a sip of my wine. After Charlotte got back from the tour I was suppose to give her, I showed her her desk, her new email, how to answer the phone and transfer calls and a few other mediocre things. The day was a complete success if I do say so myself, besides the little tantrum I threw at having Charlotte taken away from me. But I just dubbed my strange behavior on not seeing her in so long. And comforted myself with the fact that Charlotte was having dinner with me and not that boy.
I cleared my throat. "Do you still talk to some of your friends?"
She nodded her head. "Some of them even moved to New York too. My best friend from high school moved to Japan though so I only get to see her through Skype."
"Wow. Japan. What made her move there?" I asked.
"She's originally from there, I guess she wanted to spend sometime with her family." Charlotte took a bite of her salmon.
"Well that's cool," I murmured. "Any...uh, boyfriends?" I awkwardly asked. It was a perfectly acceptable question, right? It wasn't like I had ill intentions, unlike Kingston...
Charlotte giggled. "Nope. I haven't dated in, like, a year. Boys are too much of a distraction. What about you? How long has it been since you and Becky divorced?"
"Two years, I believe, and no. I've been focusing on my job, trying to make it bigger," I chuckled uncomfortably.
"Why not? Women probably throw themselves at you," Charlotte joked, reaching out to hold one of my fingers, another habit of hers when she was younger.
I shrugged, looking away from her sparkling eyes.
"Would you two like a dessert?" The waitress asked, appearing out of nowhere, popping the bubble Charlotte and I seemed to have wrapped ourselves in.
"No thanks, I'm stuffed," Charlotte patted her flat stomach.
"Just the cheque, please," I pulled my hand away from Charlotte, already missing the warmth she seemed to radiate.
"Of course sir," she pulled the leather folder from her apron and handed it to me before zipping away.
"You sure you still don't want any ice cream? It doesn't have to be banana," I grinned cheekily.
She stuck her tongue out at me. "It's fine, maybe another day."
When our cheque was finally settled, I led Charlotte outside where my car and her driver waited for us.
"I really had fun today Jay," Charlotte sighed, wrapping her arms around my waist to hug me. I returned it with a kiss on the top of her head. I didn't trust myself to kiss her anywhere near those tempting lips of her, I hate to admit it.
"I did too, sweetheart. It was good catching with you," I sighed, rubbing her back before stepping away. "Have a goodnight."
"You too, Jay," she yawned before stepping into the town's car. I loosened my tie as I rounded my car to the driver's side, slipping in, right when Charlotte's drive pulled off the sidewalk. A hand peeked out the window and waved.
I honked my horn lightly in acknowledgement.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

While taking my shower I tried to ignore the throb between my legs, knowing who's face would pop up the second I tried to soothe it.
I scrubbed my body harder until I was red before I finally gave in.
I tried to image someone other than her, like...like Megan Fox or Zoe Saldano but...
Megan Fox's hair kept turning blonde and Zoe's brown eyes kept turning green and...and...
"Oh Charlotte," I groaned, throwing my head back and speeding my hand up as I imagined her on her knees, my cock in her small hands. "Oh baby, yes!"
I bet she's a naughty girl, pretending to be an angel. I bet she likes it rough and dirty and...
I exploded and shouted Charlotte's name. There was no warning. No tingling. It was as if someone sat a bomb in me and my knees nearly buckled from the intensity.
I stood there, panting as the water washed away the evidence. Maybe this will be enough. It wasn't like I had to tell her. Fantasies never hurt anyone...
But I couldn't help but want...more.

A/N: howdy y'all c: sorry for the wait. im attempting to have a life while taking summer classes and lol i hate school.
but anyways, youll learn more about Jason's past and Becky in later chapters.
also im attempting to semi-ease into their relationship. i might get lazy tho and just let them go crazy.
im attempting to write majority of this story in Jason's POV
i will try to post at least once a week, twice at the most
i love you guys <3 thx for reading.
comments motivate me to write c:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Love or Lust By Jaelelover

Mystery / Thriller

49.3K 624 19
Charlotte Page just moved to a new city to stay close to her twin brother what happens when she meets Henry who's her next door neighbor who keeps he...
507K 13.7K 60
*BEWARE: I started writing this when I was much younger so I apologize on how fast paced it is, I plan to edit and republish it later on so read with...
Got a secert By Charlie

Mystery / Thriller

1.1K 138 44
Got a secret, can you keep it? Swear, this one you'll save, better lock it in your pocket. Takin' this one to the grave. *** Adam lives in Rosewood...
14.5K 861 30
Brie- 19 years old. She is a student at the University of Nebraska. She's the girl next door down home farm girl. She has never thought herself to be...