With Love, Harry » Rihanna

By sunangelxxi

[BOOK 1] Life in the public eye is very tricky, especially when you are a prince and a well-known singer. Thi... More

|Cast
|Playlist
|Gallery
|Epigraph
-New Beginnings?
|Set-up
|Concert
-DailyMail
|More Official
|Kensington
-Ok!
×London Penthouse
-DailyPop
|The Talk
-DailyMail
×Photos
|Charity Ball
-Clara Lionel Foundation
|Two Queens
-People
×Special Message
|Signs
|Proposal
-The Sun
×The Ring
-USA Today
|Interview
|The Queen's Consent
×Extras
-Surprise!
-With Love, Series

|Cambridge

4.3K 134 20
By sunangelxxi

I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head. - Princess Diana

Breakfast was served up by the prince complete with bacon, scrambled eggs, toast and some cut up fruit. The table was adorned with glasses filled with orange juice and a bottle of champagne for mimosas. This was probably the best spread she had seen since her homecoming back in December that her own mother had prepared. She was impressed that Harry went out of his way to make this for her.

Bonus points to the prince!, she thought taking a seat where a plate had been set. She filled her plate with delicious foods, sinking her teeth into a piece of bacon. The salty favors tasted amazing and she soon realized that she never wanted to go without food for so long again.

"Not bad." Rihanna said between bites.

"Glad you like it." A silence fell between the two, food being eaten and enjoyed while the words of what happened the previous night dangling in the air.

Neither knew where to start, where to begin to articulate the feelings that had been silently exposed through the motions of the love making that took place. So they ate and drank until the food had disappeared and their stomachs no longer allowed one single morsel more.

"Thank you for breakfast."

"My pleasure," Harry added," it's the least I could do for not feeding you last night." He said.

Rihanna smirked.

[Later that day]

After breakfast, Henry and I walked around- the fear of paps following us around completely forgotten as our conversations started getting comfortable as we both entered the restaurant. Someone spotted us and sent a text to the paparazzis. We entered a private room.

Once we finished eating, we walked out. We decided we would go out to explore the city.

He saw the group of paparazzi the moment they reached the front of the restaurant. His stomach dropped and he knew it was all over. There was no getting Robyn out of here without being bombarded by flash bulbs and her face plastered across every paper worldwide.

"Shit," Harry swore under his breath as the group spring to life at the sight of the prince.

"What's wrong?"

"We've been found out." It took Rihanna a moment to realize this was a fear of his. Granted, she had been anxious over the paparazzi finding them out but now that they did, what did it matter to hide. She had the guy she wanted who felt the same for her, and all was right in the world.

"They are just cameras, Harry," she said, lying a firm, secure hand on his arm," I deal with them too."

"Not like this," he said back, an edge more apparent in his voice.

"So we do this together, okay?" She looked deep into his eyes, begging him to be okay with this as she was. She wasn't scared of the cameras. She wasn't scared of what the world had to say. All she cared about was that she was with him.

"You sure," he asked as he helped her slip into her jacket.

"Never more sure," Robyn said, smiling at him. Harry took the first step out of the restaurant, holding Robyn's hand tightly in his. Neither one held their head down, they faced the flashes and that's exactly how they planned to face everything in their new relationship.

[The Next night]

She had been promising Harry that she'd meet his brother and sister-in-law pretty much since she'd moved to London. It was something that she knew she'd have to do eventually - after all, they had an unspoken understanding that this relationship would be long-term. As in, forever long-term. "I'm just not ready yet," she was constantly procrastinating to Harry.

"You weren't ready to meet me, but you got through it." Harry said.

"Sigh, I know but this is different." She said.

"Not really, besides you already met them." He said.

"Yeah, at an event not as your girlfriend, Harry." She said.

"Same difference." He said.

Unsurprisingly, Harry was no help. "It's just dinner," he shrugged.

"No, Harry, it's dinner with the future King and Queen of England." She said.

"Well yeah, technically. But you don't have to wear a formal gown or something." He said.

"So what should I wear?" she asked, frantically searching her closet.

"I don't know, Robyn." He replied.

"Well what are you wearing?" She asked.

Harry let out a half-scoff, half-groan. "I don't know, a sweater."

"And? Jeans?"

"Of course. It's just like when you and I hang out, just with two extra people."

"Psht, yeah, okay," she rolled her eyes.

Eventually she settled on white strappy heels, brown silk cami dress, brown silk bed jacket...and she still didn't feel great about it.

Harry gave her a hug when she met him at his apartment before dinner that night. "Thank you for doing this, Robyn," he murmured into her hair.

When they pulled away, he gave her a peck on the mouth and promised, "And when we get back, I'll let you immediately change into sweatpants and describe to me the things you loved most about Kate."

She let out a tense laugh.

"Let's get this over with." She said.

Harry gave her hand a squeeze as they made the brief walk across from his apartment to the Cambridges. She drew in a sharp breath as Harry reached forward and opened the door without bothering to knock. "Hey guys! It's us!" She couldn't help but notice that the corners of his mouth flicked up when he said, "Us."

Kate smiles and greeted her. "Hi! It's so lovely to finally meet you! I'm Catherine." Kate said.

She was about to hold her hand out, but Kate swooped down and gave her a kiss on either cheek and a hug.

Clearing her throat, she introduced herself. She was distracted half-way through by Prince William striding towards them. Kate had been smiling broadly. Prince William was nearly cheesing. Her heart was pounding in her ears so loudly that it took her a second to realize that he had said something to her. "I'm sorry?" she scratched out.

"May I take your coat?" William repeated.

"Oh, right, yeah. Thanks," she shook her head, taking her coat off.

William hung it up on a coat hanger near the door and Kate led them further into the house.

"Congratulations on baby number three." Robyn said, as Kate led them into a sitting room with a small bar in a corner, amongst the furniture that looked far more modern than she'd imagined.

"Thank you," Kate gave her a kind smile as she sat in an overstuffed armchair and gestured to the couch across from her.

Harry nudged her knee. "What do you want to drink?"

"Oh, whatever you're having," she shrugged.

A minute later, Harry reappeared on the couch next to her with a lowball of whiskey. Well okay then, she was just going to have to pace herself. They made small talk for a while. Kate was asking her about her life, which was almost embarrassing.

After about ten minutes of telling them that yes, she was loving London, and she'd had a lot of time to explore the city without being a tourist, and yes, music was going well. An alarm in the kitchen went off and Kate Middleton stood up. "Oh, that's the alarm! Harry, show her to the dining room. Willie, can you come help me?"

"Of course, Kate." William said.

Harry got up and she followed him into a dining room. It was modern, but clearly hadn't been decorated by the royal interior designer.

"How are you doing?" Harry asked.

She managed a smile. "I'm good as I can be in this situation."

"And that's...a good thing?"

"Yes," she nodded.

Harry leaned down and pressed his forehead to hers. This had a strangely calming effect on her. She smiled up at him.

From behind them, William cleared his throat, loudly. Harry chuckled slightly as she blushed and pulled out her chair for her. William was carrying a serving dish of roasted vegetables. Kate entered the dining room with what looked like a dish of bake chicken with sweet sauce and mash potatoes that she placed in the center of the table.

"Let's eat." Kate announced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

919K 15.8K 111
Isla Richards has known Prince William since they were in primary school. The moment his engagement is announced to Catherine, Isla's life is changed...
359K 6.4K 20
*Fourth Book in the Royals Series* It's been nearly 2 years since Jackie Baker served as maid of honor in her best friend, Kate Middleton's, wedding...
33.6K 4K 17
❝ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴀʙʏ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴀʏ, "ʏᴇꜱ"❞ Once upon a time in a kingdom far away, there was a young handso...
7K 220 26
Where two people will meet, and eventually fall in love.