The Fire in My Heart - Black...

By LAC1940

"This alliance just keeps getting more and more complicated..." Set briefly during 'Civil War' but mostly dur... More

Note
Characters
One - Remembering...
Two - Special Guest
Three - Coronation
Four: The King and His Kingdom
Five: Mission
Seven: The Insider Outsider
Eight: Council Meeting
Nine: Sacrifices
Ten: Challenge Accepted
Eleven: The New King
Twelve: Burning the Old World Down
Thirteen: Battle Wakanda
Fourteen: Not Goodbye, but a New Start

Six: Outsider

1K 25 3
By LAC1940

"Aren't you gonna introduce me to the lady?"

Kalyna had returned to Wakanda ahead of the others, after receiving a call from Niyah and Felix about something urgent back home in Sokovia - it seemed that the protests and riots were starting again.

Upon her return she was able to report back that the mission had been successful and they had caught Klaue. But it would quickly become apparent that she had spoken too soon for things only became more complicated.

She heard of the other's return when they brought a wounded Agent Ross to the lab for Shuri to secretly help heal. She only exchanged a few quick words with T'Challa before he disappeared. He seemed troubled, and she sensed it was about something more than just Ross's injury.

The situation back home had only grown worse and she needed to return - she wanted to tell him but seeing that he was already troubled she didn't want to trouble him further. But as the hours dragged on and he still did not reappear, she thought she might just have to tell someone to report to him and tell him goodbye on her behalf.

But then it seemed that everyone had disappeared - him, Shuri, Ramonda, Okoye and the Dora. Going through the palace she couldn't find anyone. Even returning to the lab she only found a dazed Ross.

"Hello Agent Ross, how are you doing? I heard you were injured."

"Yeah, I was. Good thanks." He sounded distant, staring around Shuri's lab in awe. "I have seen gods fly, I've seen men build weapons that I couldn't even imagine. I've seen aliens drop from the sky - but I have never seen anything like this." He scoffed and shook his head in disbelief.

"Yes, pretty spectacular."

"You knew about all this, didn't you?"

A pause. "Yes."

There was a silence, so she asked, "did Shuri say where she was going?"

"To meet her brother. Something about an outsider."

An outsider? Could that mean her? She thanked him and headed back into the palace. Where had everyone gone?

Finally she saw a familiar face. "Nakia! Where is everyone? I must speak to T'Challa-"

"They are in a council meeting," the other woman explained. "Something about an outsider who showed up only a few hours ago at the border. He killed Klaue."

"Killed Klaue?" she repeated. "I thought you had him."

"We did, but he was broken out of our custody during questioning in Korea. That's when Agent Ross was hurt. He had help, others working with him."

"I thought we took out all those working with him during the chase."

"These people mustn't have been there then."

She nodded, absorbing this. Looked like she would have to wait until the council was finished.

"Is T'Challa alright?" she asked. "Only he seemed rather troubled when I spoke to him briefly after your return."

Nakia nodded slowly. "Yes, just a lot to take at once. All the business with his father and his uncle and cousin-"

"Uncle?" This was new information to her. "I was not aware that he had an uncle, or a cousin."

Now Nakia looked surprised too. "Oh - he, he didn't tell you?"

Slowly, Kalyna shook her head. "No, no he didn't. But he told you?"

Nakia nodded, now looking slightly uncomfortable. "I don't think he knew about them either," she said, attempting to weaken the sting.

Kalyna had to admit that she was a little hurt by this - that T'Challa would not confide in her as he had Nakia. Yes, she knew he and Nakia were close and had always been. But if she herself and him were friends and allies, and recently seemed to be leaning towards something more...

She shook her head. "Thank you, Nakia. I'll wait for him."

She waited outside the tightly-sealed council room doors. Niyah and Felix joined her. Finally, the doors opened. "T'Challa." She met the council just as they were leaving the hall.

With them, his hands bound behind him, was an unfamiliar young man being led by W'Kabi, and surrounded by the Dora. He immediately gave her a smirk and looked her up and down. "Hey beautiful."

She was slightly taken aback by his forwardness. Her eyebrows rose up into her hairline and she looked to T'Challa for answers.

The young man also looked to the king. "Well, aren't you gonna introduce me to the lady?"

T'Challa cast him a side-glance. "No."

"Well maybe the lady wants to know who I am." He turned back to face her, still wearing that sly smirk.

She looked from him to T'Challa. "Who is this?"

"See." The unfamiliar man took a step forward - so did the Dora and Niyah and Felix. "Easy, easy, I'm not gonna hurt the lady. Jeez."

"That 'lady'," began Niyah in defense, but fell silent when her princess raised her hand.

"Thank you, Niyah." She turned to the prisoner. "Who are you?"

"An outsider and our prisoner," T'Challa stepped in.

"Erik. Name's Erik." He flashed her a gold-capped tooth grin.

She turned back to T'Challa. "I see that you are busy. I need to speak with you, but it can be later." Even though inside she was screaming, it's urgent! But she also kind of wanted to get away - the stranger's gaze was making her slightly uncomfortable.

T'Challa nodded and with that the prisoner was led off, she and her guards heading off in the opposite direction down the hall. When she turned to look back, she saw the prisoner - Erik - had done the same. They met eyes. He smirked.

She looked away.

(Ooooo! Yay Erik's here! I love his sass - and I just love him ;)

So, I've started writing another 'Black Panther' story, this one a M'BakuxOC, so hopefully I'll have that one published soon! :)

I'm back now from my summer course so (hopefully) there will be more regular updates now! Thanks so much for reading, hope you enjoyed! :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 2.3K 54
Raksha is the daughter of Natasha, Steve and Bucky. HYDRA experimented with their DNA's, shapeshifter gene, and fire element to create a deadly weap...
206K 8.7K 103
Book two of Changed| T'Challa Udaku takes place where the last book ended .. As tensions between Brianna and Nakia still rises will T'Challa step in...
29.4K 599 10
ROSS BOSS. ❝ THERE IS SOMETHING MORE DANGEROUS IN THIS WORLD THAN A HUMILIATED MAN, A NASTY WOMAN.❞ in which Everett Ross's daughter falls in lov...
768 66 2
Fresh on the heels of a contentious divorce from King T'Challa Udaku of Wakanda, Ororo "Storm" Munroe attends a U.N. function honoring the work of th...