Begin Again

By burhanl

One page for each day. One more year to start over. One more time to begin again. More

Begin Again
.
Authors Note
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
Acknowledgments

December

65 1 0
By burhanl

December 1

"Pain is necessary. Pain is life. Without pain there can be no joy."

― Rick Yancey, The Last Star.

If we had a way we could feel all the pain we were going to feel in our lifetime all in one day, and then none at all. Would you take that option? The rest of our days will be full of bliss and happiness right? So why not? Happiness is beneficial for the body but it's the grief that develops the mind.

December 2

"Bellamy didn't know why the ancient humans even bothered doing drugs. What was the point of shooting junk into your veins when walking through the forest had the same effect?"

― Kass Morgan, The 100

When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You appreciate it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn't get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don't get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree.
The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying "You're too this, or I'm too this." That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.

December 3

"It is being honest
about
my pain
that
makes me invincible."

― Nayyirah Waheed, Salt

The start of healing is when you acknowledge the pain.

Some people think that to be strong is to never feel pain. In reality the strongest people are the ones who feel it, understand it, accept and learn from it.

December 4

"I take everything I am feeling, everything that matters to me... I push all of it into my fist, and I fight for it."

— Sense 8

Believe in your fucking self, stay up all fucking night. Work outside your fucking habits. Know when to fucking speak up. Don't fucking procrastinate. Get over your fucking self. Keep fucking learning. Find fucking inspiration everywhere. Educate your fucking client. Trust your fucking gut. Ask for fucking help when you need it. Question fucking everything. Learn to take some fucking criticism. Don't type like a fucking seal. Use fucking spell check. Do your fucking research. Sketch some fucking ideas. Think about the fucking possibilities.

December 5

"We're here, and then we're gone, and it's not about the time we're here, but what we do with the time."

― Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave

You're are special, you know that? No one has your personality, no one can smile the way you do. The way your eyes light up when you see something that makes you happy. No one else is like you. A world without you will be different, no matter how you see it. Every existence holds an importance, both big and small. You are still breathing for a reason.

December 6

"I am haunted by humans."

― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Soon you'll realize that many people will love the idea of you but will lack the maturity to handle the reality of you. Life is not about how much money we make or how big and powerful our work appears to others, it is about the love with which we put into each act of kindness toward another human being. Be the doctor your parents always wanted you to marry, Wherever you go, no matter what the weather is always bring your own sunshine. Be the sun that illuminates even the darkest of nights.

December 7

"That was the thing about secrets-you have to carry them with you forever, no matter what the cost."

― The 100

There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.

When you reveal some secret at a wrong time, it has catastrophic impacts, if the secret wasn't yours to tell, this is what happens it can be used against you, there are certain things best not said.

December 8

"No' might make them angry but it will make you free."

― NayyirahWaheed, Salt

Don't say maybe if you want to say no.

When you say yes to others make sure you not saying a no to yourself.

December 9

"It kills me sometimes, how people die."

― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

We can do so many things with our life, what's the point of living if you don't at least try to do something extra ordinary with it. We are paper people. but we don't have to be, if something we hoped for doesn't work out, you still have two legs to stand on, you still have your own path. Raise your children who won't have to recover from their childhoods. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow, study as if you were going to live forever; and when 'Death' comes, may it find you alive.

December 10

"You think you're the only ones who've lost people? You think you're the only ones with pain? You think you can take your shit and dump it on me? You don't get to do that! So you take your goddamned pain and you live with it, assholes!"

― Jessica Jones

Pain comes in all forms. The small twinge, a bit of soreness, the random pain, the normal pain we live with every day. Then there is the kind of pain you can't ignore. A level of pain so great that it blocks out everything else, makes the rest of the world fade away. Until all we can think about is how much we hurt. How we manage our pain is up to us. We anesthetize, ride it out, embrace it, ignore it, and for some of us the best way to manage pain is to just push through it.

December 11

"People are not rain or snow or autumn leaves, they do not look beautiful when they fall"

― Tumblr User

There is literally nothing in nature that blooms all year long, so do not expect yourself to do so. Sooner or later, we all do, but that doesn't mean you be the reason for someone's falling,

Life Tip- Don't point out things about people's appearance if it can't be changed within 20 secs.

December 12

"I am the highway and a peregrine and all the sails that ever went to sea"

― Robert James Waller, The Bridges of Madison County

Peregrine means different in different context. It means a falcon, a wanderer, a stranger or an alien.

A soul that seeks solace in places that does not belong to him and yet consumes so much of him that he merely is nothing but an impression of all the places he has ever been to. All of the journey through mountain and seas and skies now define him more accurately than anything else ever could. So if you wish to visit any place, it is all within the person who is "peregrine" and all the places become of him.

December 13

"My strength is defined , not by what I continue to carry, but by what I have allowed myself / to put down."

― Trista M

Letting go is hard, I've had to learn this lesson many times in life because anger and resentment are so toxic, that you end up hurting yourself. It's better to confront it with tolerance, forgiveness, and acceptance or otherwise it builds up.

December 14

"What is more powerful a thought, or a gun? a gun gives the opportunity but a thought pulls the trigger"

― Mae Krell, All The Things I Never Said

In today
In today's age with one thought you can kill anyone and everyone, and one person who puts their mind to it can teach and save everyone. In the world of the internet where 51% of our time is spent, whatever we do matters the most, because one thought can change the world for the better or worse, so when you have nothing to say, say nothing because in a world (cyberspace) where God doesn't exist everyone is God.

December 15

"Don't confuse your life with having a career"

Some people think they can find satisfaction in good food, fine clothes, lively music, and sexual pleasure. However, when they have all these things, they are not satisfied. They realize happiness is not simply having their material needs met. Thus, society has set up a system of rewards that go beyond material goods. These include titles, social recognition, status, and political power, all wrapped up in a package called self-fulfillment. Attracted by these prizes and loaded on by social pressure, people spend their short lives, tiring body and mind to chase after these goals. Perhaps this gives them the feeling that they have achieved something in their lives, but in reality, they have sacrificed a lot in life. They can no longer see, hear, act, feel, or think from their hearts. Everything they do is dictated by whether it can get them social gains. In the end, they've spent their lives following other people's demands and never lived a life of their own. How different is this from the life of a slave or a prisoner?

December 16

"I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion"

― Rachel Platten

You have to be enough for yourself. You have to be enough for yourself because that's all you have, yourself. People say they will stay, but they never do. Everyone else leaves so at the end of the day all you have is yourself and that has to be good enough.

December 17

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

In this universe nobody and nothing can know in which part of the road they are. At the beginning? At the middle? At the end? Because end can happen at any time, the beginning of the road can be the end of the road as well. Or maybe the middle is the end. Besides, since everything is possible in this universe, end of the road may also disappear; it may turn into the endless, and hence every moment we living is the most important.

December 18

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

We live our lives supposing things are as they appear to be when that is almost never the case. Just because you don't understand something that doesn't make it wrong. Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes, that's the secret of living a happy life.

December 19

"I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different."

― Veronica Roth, Divergent

Some call these random acts of human kindness, But the truth is acting unselfishly is not random at all. You need a certain kind of bravery to stand with someone else when they need help, you need to be brave enough to think about others and forgive them. Instead, it is a conscious, concerted effort to make the world better by making someone else's life better.

The bonus: you will be happier by doing it.

December 20

"You wrote down all these things to say goodbye to. But so many of them are good things. Why not just say goodbye to the bad things? Say goodbye to all the times you felt lost. To all the times that was a no instead of a yes. To all the scrapes and bruises. To all the heartache. Say goodbye to everything you really want to do for the last time"

– How I met your mother

Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make. Try to learn not be terrified of the space between where you are where you want to be, instead inspire you. Know that everything is in perfect order whether you understand it or not.

December 21

"You have been assigned a mountain to show others it can be moved."

The useless days will add up to something. The shitty lowkey jobs. The hours writing in your diary. The long walks missing someone. The hours reading story collections and autobiographies. Wondering about God and sex. These things are your becoming.

December 22

"Cause it's easier to bury

My head in the sand sometimes"

― Bastille, Snakes

Why is it when you want the ground to swallow you whole, it decides to stop trying? Because it does no good to run. And it does no good to hide. But I know what it's like. Your brain shuts down, and you follow your instincts. Or, at least, you think you do. But you know what you're really doing? When you flee through the night, or crawl into your little hole? You know what's really guiding you? Its comfort, it's easy to run away and hide but my advice to you is never hide yourself, when you say something, don't be in the shadow; let everyone see you. Be courageous enough not to use any mask; The trick is less comfort more courage.

Let the Sun shines on your face and everyone see you!

December 23

"I've been sleep walking
Too close to the fire
But it's the only place that I can hold you tight
In this burning house"

― Cam, Burning house

When you know who matters most to you, giving things up, even yourself, doesn't really feel like a sacrifice, sometimes the prizes are not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself.

December 24

"Enjoy it. Because it's happening."

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

In this moment, there is plenty of time. In this moment, you are precisely as you should be. In this moment, there is infinite possibilities. If you always thing about the past, you will always be looking for answers. Today, you know there are only questions, and you need to stop answering unasked questions. So, just live.

December 25

"I love myself.'

The

quietest.

simplest.

most

powerful.

revolution.

ever.

― Nayyirah Waheed, Salt

When they ask you who your first love was, don't say his name, don't whispers hers, say it is you always it is you.

December 26

"If they don't appreciate your presence, they may never recognize your absence."

― Najwa Zebian, Mind Platter

Leaving a place, a person or a country silently and without any notice is a heroic and a noble way of teaching the importance of your presence to those who ignore your existence, but the possibility of them realizing is slim, if you giving your all and it's not enough, you're probably giving it to the wrong person. don't leave them to get some kind of revenge do it because you belong deeply to yourself, they never owned you.

December 27

"Great minds are always feared by lesser minds."

― Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol

Go to college, but go for the right reasons, education isn't a gun held at your head, it's a weapon in your hands.
Go not because you are afraid of not getting a job. Because you love to learn, because you believe education is important for its own sake, and when you get there pay attention, read everything you can get your hands on, fill yourself with words and ideas because that's the one thing they can never take away from you.

December 28

"Scary, isn't it? But what wonderful thing didn't start out scary?"

― Isaac Marion

I started to realize how many great things could happen by confronting things that scare me the most, if we can overcome that then we can do anything we want. But the beginning is the hardest part to overcome. To decide that you will live the life of your dreams can be a scary. We know what we want but the fear of failure in our hearts stop us from pursuing it, but the truth is the things we fear the most have already happened to us. We forget that we have survived it once, which means we can survive it again if we have to, all that we have left to choose is the correct moment to begin.

Begin now, beyond your fear, and create your new life.

December 29

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?' said Thorin to Gandalf as they rode along.

To look ahead,' said he.

And what brought you back in the nick of time?'

Looking behind,' said he."

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

We're so wrapped up with egotistical things, career, family, having enough money, we don't get into the habit of standing back and looking at our lives and saying, Is this all? Is this all I want?? Look back, sometimes, ever so often, just to make sure you are not leaving anything important behind. That is the only direction we can learn from.

December 30

"Why is it

that when the story ends

we begin to feel all of it"

― Rupi Kaur, The Sun and Her Flowers

When you are dreaming you never remember how it begin only how it ended and you wake up. In reality most of us can recognize the end from a mile away, but the beginning always slips up on us, lulling us into thinking what we're living through is yet another moment, in yet another day it doesn't matter what we call it, what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over, doors they closed and see all the doors God has open in front of you.

December 31

"The best way to measure how much you've grown isn't by inches or the number of laps you can now run around the track, or even your grade point average-- though those things are important, to be sure. It's what you've done with your time, how you've chosen to spend your days, and whom you've touched this year. That, to me, is the greatest measure of success."

― R.J. Palacio, Wonder

The last few days of the year is packed with so much positive energy and possibility for change that the best thing you can do is sit and reflect. You have made it. Hope is not lost today. It is found. The thing about finishing a story is that finishing is really only the beginning.

You are not reduced to a number on your result sheet or the numbers of digits in your bank account; we too can decide how to value our education instead of letting them value us.

Love yourself; be so full that even if they take and take and take you can still be overflowing.

I promise you if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world you will eventually become it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68 0 19
a story about self love and knowing your value, understanding that you are the only one incharge of your life.
57 3 90
This year I'm choosing to love. Myself. Life. Someone new. Come along on the ride...
350 84 40
" I love you like my second cup of coffee."
52.9K 249 23
Just fun little one shots I do in my spare time. No regular update schedule it's just whenever I find the motivation.