Living next door to an idiot

By beau_angel

(Book One of 'An Idiot' series) Meet Haley Valdez. The Good Girl. She's a straight A honours student with a s... More

1. I live next to you?
2. Would they fall for it?
3. Self control is important
4. Comfort is nice
5. Spending too much time with an idiot
6. This Is Not What It Looks Like
7. He's my what now?
8. In other words that was fantastic
9. Ending a good day with tears.
10. This cannot be happening
11. Today was a productive day . . .
12. Holy crap ...
13. Should I be scared or happy?
14. A party I will never forget
15. A game with a twist
16. What the heck is going on?
17. Too much for one day
18. Best day of my life...
19. Tables turn.
20. Hell would break loose tomorrow
21. Bad Luck Prone...
22. Teddy bear
24. I'm looking forward to it.
25. Knock, Knock
26. Hidden from me.
27. Man behind
28. Hallucinations
29. Our little secret
30. Best behaviour
31. You guessed it
32. They're coming for us
Next chapter is out

23. Second disaster date

10.1K 264 142
By beau_angel

I could feel a strong arm wrapped around my waist as it held me very close towards them. His body heat was enough to stop me from feeling cold from this morning breeze we were currently having. Without even opening my eyes I knew that it was Dante who was pulling us close together and making me feel rather squished under his slightly possessive hold.

If you listened very carefully you could hear his soft breathing as it also ran down my neck, sending several tingles down my body. I was just about to try and make an attempt to turn around so I could wrap my arms around Dante's body when suddenly one of the most annoying songs I had ever heard erupted into the room, almost blasting my eardrums.

"I'm a barbie girl in a barbie world." Jase sang rather terribly at the top of his lungs trying to sync himself with the singer but failed miserably. "Life in plastic, it's fantastic."

"Shut the heck up!" Dante grumbled as he removed one of his arms around me and grabbed his pillow under his head and slammed it on his ears to try and reduce the noise but at this volume I doubt any noise could be reduced.

"You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere." This time we heard a new voice and I could tell it was Chris singing but I instantly opened my eyes and cracked up. I sat upright and burst into a fit of laughter. "Imagination, life is your creation. Come on, Barbie, let's go party!"

Chris was in nothing but his yellow pj shorts which just passed his knees and since he was shirtless I'm guessing when Juli came in here she would be glancing at him because I knew that under the covers Dante was shirtless wearing only his black cargo shorts and I still wanted to glance at his abs.

Jase on the other hand was wearing a purple LA Lakers tank top which clung on his chest and abs (I swear, it's so difficult to be living with such gorgeous looking guys) along with a plain white pair of shorts.

"I'm trying to sleep!" Dante growled now as he grabbed the duvet and yanked it over his head. He slammed his hands over his ears now trying different techniques to see which would work.

I know I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep seeing as we were all just as stubborn as one another so I decided to listen to Jase's horrible singing and Chris' horrible dancing.

Suddenly, Juli entered the room gliding in her socks wearing Chris' red elmo t-shirt that came mid-thigh for her, she had short black pj shorts underneath but they were covered. Her beautiful blonde hair was tied up and she was holding a brush in her hand.

"You know you want to." Juli wiggled her eyebrows at me and threw the brush on to my lap and I shrugged.

"If you can't beat them, join them." I giggled and held the brush in my hand before getting up and standing next to Juli.

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world. Life in plastic, it's fantastic! You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere." Blake whispered in my ear that Dante wanted to do that, I could feel my cheeks burn up but I ignored him and I sang cheerfully while at the same time dancing like a sugar hyped six year old on their favourite candy. "Imagination, life is your creation."

Juli took the brush from my hands and began to sing the next part which I'm guessing she had planned seeing as she was trying to indirectly describe herself.

"I'm a blonde bimbo girl, in a fantasy world. Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly. You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink-" But Juli got cut off when suddenly Dante sat upright before jumping on the bed so he was standing tall on it with two pillows in his hands.

The song blasted in the background but Juli, Chris, Jase and I all stopped singing and stood in a horizontal line next to one another with evil grins and smirks on our faces.

"I did say shut up." Dante muttered before throwing a pillow right in Jase's face followed by another aimed at Chris. Just in the right time he dodged it and he screamed: "WAR!"

Chris quickly ran out the room while Juli and I grabbed a pillow each of the floor and prepared to throw it at Dante. Jase stood in front of us as a human shield and quickly ducked allowing both Juli and I to throw the pillows in our grasp.

As Juli threw her pillow it unfortunately went a bit bent and flew the opposite side of the room which made Dante and Jase crack up and I knew this was the perfect time to strike. I quickly threw my pillow and thankfully it hit Dante right in the face and shut him up.

"Oh, it's on, chika." He smirked and just in time Chris came in with three more pillows as he handed Jase and me one leaving Juli pillowless.

As Dante jumped down with two pillows in his hand he began to smack all of us with us as we fought back, obviously winning since it was three against one (since Juli was still dancing to the Barbie girl song).

"Wait, stop." I quickly threw my hands in the air and everyone stopped in their tracks. "Turn that off!"

Chris quickly walked over to the stereo and turned the sound off and I quickly sniffed the air. A beautiful aroma invaded my nostrils and took over, almost making me want to lie down on the floor and just smell the air.

"Who else smells that?" I asked looking at everyone else only to see they too were smelling the air like I was. It was almost as though someone was downstairs cooking us breakfast and that's when it hit me.

"CHARLIE!" Juli and I both screamed as we looked at each other at the exact same moment and quickly ran down the stairs pushing and barging against one another.

As we entered the living room we could see Charlie setting up the dining table and placing trays of different types of breakfasts. He was wearing a blue pair of nike shorts and a grey tank top which also hung to his chest (see, surrounded by good looking people).

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I recognized them all as Juli's, Charlie's and my favourite breakfasts when we were kids except this time they were ALL on the table.

There were strawberry pancake roll ups with yogurt filling, hash brown egg white nests, nutella stuffed custard french toast, chocolate cake waffles, English egg muffin pizzas and finally six strawberry mango spring smoothies lying on the table, one for everyone.

"I just died and went to heaven." Jase gasped the second he stepped down the stairs in shock as he stared at heavenly cooked breakfast placed beautifully on the table. "YO, CHRIS, DANTE, GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN HERE!"

In less than ten seconds both of them stood behind him wearing the exact same clothes they were wearing in the morning, Chris was staring with the exact same expression that Jase had a minute ago while Dante looked like he didn't care and simply shrugged.

"I've seen better." He walked past them before slipping his hand into mine and leading us both to the dining table.

One by one we all sat at the table and began to eat our breakfast well actually that's an understatement. Every single one of us devoured the food and ate it viciously making sure not one crumb was left on our plates or the food trays. Once all the food was gone we all gulped down our smoothies before resting our hands on our stomachs.

"Why'd you make breakfast?" Chris asked as he poured himself a cup of water.

"Well, seeing as you guys let me stay last night and have given me cover for a while, I wanted to show my appreciation." Charlie explained. You see, apparently because he left his 'man' behind his gang would punish him. It would also resort to him being kicked out in a painful way and none of us wanted that so for a week he would be staying with us.

"That was boo-tiful." I giggled and sent a smile towards Charlie.

"Well, it would be when I'm under the same roof as someone as beautiful as you." He winked and I could feel a small blush make it's way to my cheeks. However, beside me I felt Dante tense and his hands clench into fists and so I gently placed my hand on his thigh and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Why thank you." Jase grinned and tried to flip his hair. "I've had hot, sexy, cute, handsome, fit but beautiful is a new one so thank you."

Instantly Juli and I burst into laughter at Jase's failed attempt to ease the one way tension between Dante and Charlie. I looked up at Dante to see him shake his head and smile at his big brother's attempts to cheer him up.

"Anyways, since we have no school today, I was thinking we could do some things." Dante winked at me earning playful grins from everyone on the table.

"What kind of things?" I bit my lip to stop me from blushing as all sorts of thought entered my mind.

"Chika, you have a very dirty mind." Dante chuckled as he realized what I was thinking and my cheeks reddened furiously. "I meant as in hang out and go outside with everyone else but if you want to stay indoors and decide to have se-"

"Woah!" Chris raised his hands in the air and turned his seat so he was directly staring at Dante. "You keep your thing safely locked behind your zipper..." Chris told Dante and everyone on the table looked like they were about to burst into another round of laughter as Chris then turned to face me, "... and you sis, you keep your hands to yourself because we all know you tease him just as much as he does to you."

"Dang it, I thought that was our thing." Jase sulked as he pretended to wipe a tear and since he was sitting next to Dante, he playfully punched his shoulder.

"I know what we can do." Juli chirped with a huge grin plastered on her face. "We can partaaayyy."

"That's a pretty sweet idea-"

"I got the perfect place to go to." Dante interupted Chris before smiling evilly at us all.

"Go on..." I nudged him to get him to give us all more details.

"There's a party twenty minutes down from our neighbourhood and it's one full of high class people and a listed stars. We could go there and since people say it's crazy why don't we go there?" Dante smirked pretty happy with his idea but my jaw dropped in shock.

"You want us to crash a party?" I asked my jaw still open and not closing.

"Well, it's more like inviting yourself." Dante reworded and earned a slap on the shoulder from me.

"I'm out." I shook my head knowing this would only lead to disaster as not only was his idea retarded but he was too, I mentally thought.

"I'm in." Juli squealed and my jaw dropped even further now as my best friend just agreed to something that was illegal and definitely not like her. "Don't look at me like that, I've always wanted to crash a party and it was even on my bucket list."

"I'm in." Chris smiled. "It sounds like a good night out."

"I'm in. I mean, after all the party isn't a party without Jase Carter." Jase grinned over confidently and all I could do was shake my head before I knew exactly what was coming.

"The more the merrier." Charlie shrugged and got up to clean the table as did I and Juli while Jase and Chris got up before going back upstairs to do whatever it is boys do in their rooms.

As I came back to take more dirty dishes, plates and utensils to the kitchen so that Juli could put it in the dishwasher, Dante grabbed my wrist gently before pulling me close towards him.

"Chika, go for me." He gave me his award winning smile which would make any girl faint and weak on their knees but somehow I managed to find the strength in me to shake my head and walk away. Only thing was he managed to wrap both his arms around my waist so now my back was stuck to his chest.

"Dante-"

"I promise, it'll be a night for you to remember." He whispered in my ear, as the hairs on the back of my neck stood at its end. "I mean, not only have you been teasing me all morning by wearing my shirt but I want to make up for the awful date yesterday ... this should be our reattempted date."

One of his hands began to snake under my shirts as it rested on my bare stomach and began to make circles on it, I could feel small sparks igniting in my stomach while butterflies began to fly in my stomach ... scratch that, baby elephants began to trample inside my stomach.

"O-oh o-okay." I stuttered, finding it hard to think straight let alone speak normally as this boy drove me crazy.

"Crazy couple in the living room!" Juliet screamed and instantly laughter came from all over the house and I managed to quickly build up some confidence before smacking Dante's arms away and quickly running upstairs.

******************************

"I hate when you pick clothes that I would never wear." I sulked as I threw myself on to my bed while Juli continued to look in my wardrobe looking for a decent dress for me to wear. "I pick nice clothes for you."

"Yeah, you do pick nice clothes for me but you pick decent clothing for yourself, you clothes need to be hot and sexy yet still classy since we shall be surrounded with a listers." Juli tried talking some sense into me before pulling out a dress for me and throwing it at me. She also pulled out a pair of heels from under my bed and threw them at me- thankfully it missed my head. "There you, we picked each other's dresses but we shall both put on our own makeup."

"Thank the heavens for that." I sighed glad we would choose what went on our faces as I didn't like makeup so I wouldn't be putting much on at all.

Juliet was wearing a hot pink flatter me fitted dress, it had a crossover front and it had a low back-line and also stopped just above mid thigh. She wanted short but cute short so I gave her one dress like that.

She also decided to make pin her hair to one side so that her blonde hair and ringlets would not be ruined and would still look hot on her. She had only put on mascara, a little blush, baby pink eye shadow and hot pink lipstick before deciding to wear her hot pink designer pumps which we had to drive to her house so she could fetch.

I on the other hand was completely dressed differently.

I was wearing a black column strapped, tight, mini party dress. The straps had diamonds on them and the dress had a sheath silhouette and was rather short. It too stopped over mid thigh but it was shorter than Juli's by a good inch or two, I felt rather self conscious now because I thought it was too short but Juli being Juli, she would not let me change it and decided this was the dress to wear.

I had only out on mascara and the 'cherry me' babylips to give my lips more colour.  My hair was in a waterfall braid and the ends of my hair were curled and I must say my hair looked rather hot right now. To finish my look I wore black suede platform heels.

We both gripped each others hands tightly as we made our way downstairs only to be faced by four gorgeous looking boys whose heads turned to face us once they heard Juli's and my struggle getting down the stairs.

All four boys had decided to wear black jeans that were slightly skinny. Jase was wearing a dark burgundy colour slim fit shirt, Chris was wearing a light green one, Charlie a capri blue one and Dante sticking to white.

We were all dressed slightly formal but enough to look hot and party like animals- even though I did not want to since it was in a party that you would get arrested if you were caught crashing it.

"You look... incredible." Dante smiled before his cheeks slightly flushed pink. Did I just make THE Dante Carter blush? Oh lord, today was definitely going to end badly.

"Thank you." Jase smiled before trying to whip his hair again with another failed attempt since his hair was not long.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I smiled, ignoring Jase. Juli and I safely made it off the stairs and we walked on solid flat ground again.

"You look beautiful." Chris smiled with no hesitation and placed a small kiss on Juli's cheek making her cheeks pinken.

"I guess someone didn't need the blush." I coughed through my hand and both Jase and Charlie chuckled.

"You all clean up pretty nice." I complimented all four guys.

"Kind of have to when you're stuck with two hot girls. We can't afford to go as the beauties and the beasts." Charlie winked playfully and even though it was friendly Dante tensed slightly again before he slid his arm around my waist.

"Speak for yourself." Dante growled rather annoyed at Charlie.

*****************************

"Oh my god, we are going to get caught." I panicked as we were the next in line to speak to the bouncer that was by the doors. He had a clipboard with all the names of the people who he should allow and that meant everyone else was to be shooed away. "We will be found and get to jail and we and-"

Dante kissed me on the lips softly before pulling back quickly as the bouncer called us up to talk to him. I still felt small fireworks dancing on my lips as we walked up the bouncer. Dante's arm was placed gently around my waist as was Chris' around Juli to show all the other males that we were taken since some of the guys here seemed like horny idiots.

"Name?" The bouncer said in a very deep and gruff voice, almost as though he had no emotion.

Suddenly, Jase sneezed and jumping forward into the bouncer making him drop his clipboard. Quickly, Jase, Charlie, Chris and Dante looked at the clipboard all finding names of guys who had not been ticked off so they could go in the party as them. I bent down to pick up the clipboard seeing as no one else would I could hear giggling and people wolf whistling behind me so I quickly stood up straight again.

"Here you go." I smiled handing the bouncer his clipboard back.

"Thank you." He smiled taking it off me. "Name?"

"Micheal Hillington." Jase spoke up and the Bouncer crossed off Jase's name.

"Jake Phillips." Charlie spoke up next as the Bouncer then crossed off that name.

"Harry Trevino." Chris chuckled, trying to make it look like he actually was the guy and the Bouncer shook his head crossing his name off.

"And you?" The bouncer pointed at Dante and he stood there silently because I realized on the paper there was only three uncrossed guys the rest were all girls and Jase, Charlie and Chris had already used the names.

"I'm Claire James." I smiled and the Bouncer looked me averting his gaze.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that because all the guys were saying their names that-"

"It's OK." I shrugged. "Mistakes happen."

"Well, you can go in." He smiled back.

As we walked up the party's front door and the second bouncer let us in, we all burst into a fit of laughter.

"Nice one." Everyone congratulated as I just realized I had entered a strict party, faked my name and somehow made the plan run smoothly for us all.

As everyone walked off their own apart from Chris and Juli who made their way to the dance floor, Dante spun me around so we were now chest to chest and our faces not even an inch apart.

"Thank you, Claire James. I promise this will be an unforgettable date." He smirked and leaned his head down so that his lips met mine.

*********************************

Dante and I had been dancing on the dance floor for a good half an hour and eventually we had drawn a huge crowd around us who were spectating us and cheering us on. First we were bored so we decided to do a bit of normal dancing by just moving rhymically together and then we did tango and now we were in the middle of a salsa dance as the DJ had put on a very fast but hot song.

I could feel the heat that radiated between Dante and I as it motivated us to do more and move faster and better. I could also unfortunately feel the slick sweat glide down my arms and Dante's skin (seeing as how he was now only dancing in his white vest).

We moved in perfect sync, our ragged, short breaths making our hearts beat fast and some adrenaline pump through our bodies. Each dance move made us breathless. Our bodies would connect then fly away from one another only to be drawn back together again, I can feel his hot breath on my cheek as he slightly towered over me making the dance very fluid and smooth.

Dante held my waist and I was slid under his legs and then I lent back until Dante held me to stop me from falling and with that pose we finished just as the song did.

The crowd around erupted into cheers and clapping while some people wolf whistled yet again and began to throw compliments at us and make me blush completely and only boost Dante's ego to make him even cockier.

"That's them." A feminine voice shouted over the loud noise and instantly Dante's and my head snapped to the direction of the sound only to see the real singer and actress, Claire James, heading our way with five security guards.

"RUN!" Jase screamed in a high pitch voice before grabbing Juli and throwing her over his shoulder. I quickly took off my heals and held them in my hands before Dante and I followed closely behind with Chris and Charlie hot on our heels.

Have you ever ran in a tight dress? Because, it was very difficult right now and restricting, not only did my dress keep riding up but my legs couldn't stretch very far- I was just glad that I ran fast because it made up for the small steps.

"GET THEM!" Claire screamed. "I WILL NOT HAVE PARTY CRASHERS!"

"KILL-JOY!" Charlie shouted at her before sending her a wink.

The second we exited the huge hall and entered the cold atmosphere outside we realized we heard a grunt and some shuffling behind us. I turned around only to see Chris attempting to fight off two of the guards but he failed miserably as one grabbed his arms while the other grabbed his legs so he could not do anything even if he wanted to.

I stopped running in the direction I was and swiftly turned around to run back to Chris. I elegantly avoided bumping into Charlie but Dante saw me go back and he too turned around and ran after me. Once he saw Chris he ran faster and began to throw punches at the guards.

As he punched one of the guards in his nose, they let go of Chris' legs and stumbled back. This gave Chris a chance to quickly do a back flip by gripping the guard's shoulders and flipping behind him and then punching him as hard as he could in his head almost instantly knocking him out.

"You two go!" Dante shouted at us before another guard came out and now Dante was fighting two against one.

"Dante-"

"All of you go!" Dante snapped as he realized that Jase and Charlie had stopped as well now. "I'll be fine. I mean I always am."

"Let's go." Chris grabbed my wrist and tried to lead me away but I flung his hand away.

"We never leave a man down." I shook my head. "You guys go."

"But-"

"Chris, trust me for once." I pleaded and he smiled sadly before running off to the others and they all ran off.

"Fuck." Dante cursed as now he was fending himself against three huge guards all about six foot three. One of the guards were holding his hands behind his back while another threw punches in his gut. The third one was on the phone for some odd reason. Dante could have taken them all out but he was holding back.

"That bastard." I whispered with venom and so I sneaked behind the one who was punching Dante and put on a heel before kicking him as hard as I could in his crown jewels and before he dropped I kneed him there too to make sure he was definitely in some pain.

"What are you doing?" Dante angrily shouted and the guard that was on his phone turned to face me with a poisonous look on his face.

"Saving your sorry ass twice today." I smiled before looking at the guard. "Meet your worst nightmare."

As he ran up to me I jumped to grab his head before pulling it down and kneeing his face and then kneeing his chest- you see Dante wasn't the only one who could fight, my mom got me MMA lessons for a whole year by accident thinking it was karate and now I had amazing self defence skills. The guard dropped on to his face obviously in pain.

Dante grabbed the head of the guard holding him back and flipped him over his shoulder and just as he slipped his hand into mine so we could run, three police cars came out of nowhere and circled us.

"Put your hands in the air!" Shouted one tall man as he got out the car and stuck his gun out as us. He looked about three inches taller than Dante with a very smart and strict blue looking Californian police uniform.

"Oh fuck." Dante groaned as he threw his head back before throwing his hands in the air.

"Well this has been an awesome second date." I smiled sarcastically before sending Dante an annoyed look. I put both my heels on before putting my hands up in the air as well.

The officer and his partner I'm guessing both walked over to us before grabbing our hands and pushing us against their police car. They took out their hand cuffs before arresting us.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?" The officer cuffing me said clearly and loud enough for all the other police officers to hear as well.

"Na, I'm fine." Dante smiled.

"Just be quiet." I grumbled and kneed his butt.

"I've been arrested before I know this process." Dante explained to me.

"I don't care!" I snapped feeling rather sad but also angry. "It's my first time! I had a clean and perfect record. Hopefully, I never ever get arrested again, especially because of you!"

"Ouch." Dante playfully joked and tried to place his hand over his heart only to realize his hands were cuffed.

"Idiot." I giggled.

"Says the one who stayed back knowing what they were getting themselves into." Dante complained.

"How was I to know that this second date would end terribly?" I questioned him and quickly cut him off before he could answer. "Oh yeah, I mentioned it this morning."

"You're just pessimistic." He smirked before blowing a kiss.

"You're just stupid." I grumbled before 'accidentally' stepping on his foot with the front of my heel so he wouldn't get hurt too much.

"Ow." He moaned shaking his leg.

"As entertaining as your argument is, we need to get you into the car." The same police officer who cuffed me spoke out loud.

"Go ahead." I smiled at him before sticking my tongue out at Dante.

"I said it'd be memorable." Dante chuckled as the officer bent his head down and helped him into the car and then did the same to me and shut the door behind us.

"I didn't know I'd go to a police station." I sulked. "This is a disaster date."

Dante leaned in and kissed my forehead trying to cheer me up. "Second disaster date."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 92 32
Genevieve Fletcher was just a normal girl. When her world is turned upside down on her tenth birthday, Gen's life will never be the same, changing th...
91.2K 4.2K 33
โHer secret will destroy them allโž โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข Celeste Allen has secrets that are continuously threatened, all the while attempting to be another average Ame...
1.2M 36.3K 49
[COMPLETED] Book #1 in the Loving You series She was the light in my life when everything else was clouded with darkness. - Jason ~*~ Daisy McKenwa...
22 0 4
Aria Delilah Hathaway is has just moved from Big Apple living into the suburbs of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California since her father's m...