On the Run (Book 1)

kthaler tarafından

Isabella Montgomery’s life was far from normal. She was the princess of a small Kingdom and was next in line... Daha Fazla

Werewolf
Runaway
Research
The Threat
America
Alpha
Explain
Answers
All White
Princess
Second Chance
Alia
Fun
Love is in the Air
Sore Loser
True Self
Too Good To Be True
What Just Happened
The Talk
Date
Culprit
Austin
The Past
Mark
War
Run
Surprise
Plan
Leaving
Research
Wedding
Reception
The Fight
Memories
Special Night
Married
Epilogue

Explosion

1.6K 66 4
kthaler tarafından

My eyes opened and my body ached. I glanced around to see that I was covered in rubble. I groaned as I tried to move but was trapped. I could feel bits of concrete, jamming into my skin. Lying on top of me was Jace, who was still unconscious. My mind automatically went to the worst possible situation. I managed to move my arm and felt his neck for a pulse. My arms were covered in blood. I sighed when I felt a weak pulse on him.

            He was covered in blood too, but I noticed that the back of him was burned badly. I watched as skin practically peeled off of him. I let out a sob as stared at Jace, he jumped on top of me to save me. I could hear my wolf whimpering in my mind at our hurt mate. My body was numb now and I wasn’t sure what to do. I remembered that the cook was still in the back but I didn’t hear anything but falling walls and ceiling.

            “Help!” I screamed, hoping someone would hear and come save us.

            Parts of my skin were burned away and I could feel blood trickle down my forehead. I slowed my breathing down, knowing that if I panic that nothing good will happen. I whispered Jace’s a few times, but he was still knocked out. Who would try and blow us up? I didn’t think Matthew would do this because he needed me alive. Then I thought about all the enemies that Jace probably had.

            I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Jace move from on top of me. His head lifted up and I was staring into his big, brown eyes. Everything seemed better, knowing that Jace was awake with me and alive. I’m not sure what I would have done if he died.

            “Jace?” I whispered.

            “Izzy? Oh God, what happened?” He asked, his eyes looking around the destroyed building.

            “I don’t know, all I remember was dancing and then there was an explosion.” I replied, the taste of concrete dust in my mouth.

            “I mind linked Zack. He’s coming with help.” Jace spoke, but then I let out a scream as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he was gone once again.

             I desperately felt for a pulse and found a weak one. For all I knew, he could be dying. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried to wake Jace up. Never had I felt so helpless. I knew for a fact that I was in love with Jace Adair and this happening just increased my love for him. What if I lost him after just getting to know him?

            I needed to stay positive right now. At least Zack was on his way and he would save us. Everything would be fine and Jace and I would go back to our normal activities tomorrow. There was a sharp pain in my arm when I tried to move it. The adrenaline must be wearing off because now every breath I took, pained me. I’m pretty sure my wrist was broke and it wouldn’t surprise me if I had a few broken ribs. Being a werewolf had it perks, since it was harder to die and we could heal quicker.

            As time passed, it got harder and harder to breathe. Everything was fuzzy and everything would occasionally go black. Jace was still unconscious and I was constantly checking his pulse, despite the pain whenever I moved. Then I was snapped out of my thoughts of Jace when I heard voices yelling.

            “Jace! Isabella!” Zack’s voice shouted, and I could feel the rubble start to move.

            I went to call out but my throat was dry and it hurt to talk, let alone yell out. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. I started to cry silently again, not sure what to do. I wanted them to know where we were but I couldn’t call out. Just as all hope was lost of getting their attention, everything around me started to fade to blackness.

            My eyes opened to see that I was in an all white room. I was on an uncomfortable, twin sized bed. Everything around me screamed mental asylum. I tried to sit up but failed miserably. I nearly screamed bloody murder when I felt a hand touch my shoulder and push me back down, stopping me from sitting up.

            “Sh, it’s alright, Luna. Don’t move too much.” A woman’s voice instructed.

            My eyes came in contact with the woman who I hadn’t seen before and who was resting her hand on my shoulder. She was wearing a white, lab coat and had long black hair that was pulled back in a ponytail. She was gorgeous! She had the perfect, think body and beautiful green eyes that were surrounded by her perfectly done makeup. I figured that Zack must have gotten Jace and me and this lady was the doctor.

            “Oh my God, Jace! Where is he?” I asked. I needed to know if he was okay.

            “He’s in the other room, resting. You’re in the hospital wing of the pack house.” The doctor said, giving me a kind smile. Then the door opened and Zack walked in.

            “Izzy, glad to see you’re awake. How is she Jessica?” Zack asked, talking to the doctor, whose name I now knew.

            “She has a few broke ribs, major blood loss, a broken arm, stitches on her forehead and some bruises. Those everything should heal within a day or two. She just needs to take some painkillers and rest.” Jessica spoke to Zack as if I wasn’t even here right now. I watched as Jessica left the room, saying she was going to check on Jace.

            “How is he?” I asked, knowing Zack would know the answer.

            “Pretty bad shape. He took most of the blow from the explosion. This back is little shredded. He’s been in and out of consciousness since we found you guys. He has second degree burns along his back and arms. Those are the reason he is in and out of consciousness. The pain is just too overwhelming and he passes out.”

            I had realized that I crying until Zack came and sat on my bed, wiping away my tears. This was all my fault, he laid on top of me so that I wouldn’t get that hurt and now he’s suffering and could die because of me. As if reading my thoughts Zack said, “Izzy, this isn’t your fault. Jace would have rather died than see you get hurt. It’s his job to protect you and that’s actually what he did.”

            “He’s suffering because he thought he had to protect me.” I cried.

            “No, he didn’t think he had too, he knew he had too. He’s loves you more than anything, Izzy. Please, don’t think this way. Jace can’t bare the idea of you hurt, and that’s why he protected you. He loves you too much.” Zack said, grabbing my non-injured hand and giving it a small squeeze.

            “Thank you, Zack.” I said giving him a small smile. “Do you know who did this or would want to do something like this?” I asked and his smile faded.

            “Well, since Jace is an Alpha, he has many enemies. It could be rogues, Matthew, other packs. There’s a main pack that Jace and their Alpha have had a rough past. It would be him doing it or any of them for the matter. But I’m doing some research now.”

            “It wouldn’t be Matthew. He needs me alive so I can marry him in Cadellan.” I said, knowing it wasn’t him.

            “I’m going to let you get some rest now. I promise I’ll find out who did this to you and Jace. Just focus on getting better.” He smiled as he stood up and headed for the door.

            “Wait, can I please lay with Jace?” I asked, giving him the best puppy dog look I could do at the moment. Despite the pain I was in, I needed to be with Jace.

            “I don’t think that’s a good idea. I mean-” I cut him off before he could finish speaking.

            “Since we’re mates, being close will help us get better.” I protested.

            He sighed loudly, pinching the bridge of his nose as he said, “Damn you for learning so much about werewolves. I miss the ignorant Izzy.”

            He walked out of the room to ask Jessica about me sleeping with Jace. I hoped she wouldn’t mind and thought that it would be a good idea. I just needed to see him and be with him while he was healing. Zack came back into the room and said that Jessica was going to allow it and that she would put another bed next to Jace, so we both could be next to each other.

            “Now, I’m going to warn you that he’s pretty bad.” Zack said.

            I nodded, trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst. Zack walked over to me and put his arms underneath me, lifting me up as carefully as possible, not wanting to hurt me. I knew I couldn’t walk yet on my own. I rested my head against Zack’s muscular chest as he carried me out of my room and into another one right next door.

            As soon as we walked into the room, my eyes went straight to Jace, who was lying face down on the bed, his head turned away from the door. His back was just as bad as I pictured it in my head. His entire back was a pinkish, red color and appeared to be wet. It was blistering and there was some bleeding too. His arms were the exact same way and it made my stomach turn.

            Zack walked over to the right of Jace and laid me on the bed set up next to him. He looked so peaceful like this. He didn’t seem in pain, but then again, he was unconscious. I groaned when Zack set me down, still sore and barely able to move. He stared at me, making sure I was okay.

            Jessica came back in and placed new bandages on Jace’s burns. I was just thankful that Jace wasn’t awake because just looking at her touch the wounds much me cringe. God, that had to be painful. I rested my hand on top of Jace’s, letting him know that I was here for him. As much as it hurt me, I leaned over and placed a small kiss on Jace’s lips. I didn’t care about the pain, it was something I needed to do. The rest of the night I feel asleep next to Jace, never letting my hand leave his. I prayed that me being here would help him and ease the pain he would feel when he woke up.

I didn't want to keep you all waiting too long so here is the next chapter at 1:30 in the morning haha. What did you think about it? Who do you think did this? This chapter's dedication goes to @Bubblette. Thanks so much for commenting!!! Please keep it up along with the votes. You all are amazing fans and I love this story. So much more is going to happen, so just you wait!!! Things are about to start to get intense! Until next time, thanks everyone!!! :)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.2K 118 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...
631K 16.1K 32
"You're hiding. There's no need to. Come on. I won't bite... hard." He smirked. That smirk. That damned smirk. It made her heart pound with lust and...
3.4M 87.6K 50
[WARNING:Needs Major Editing & has harsh materials that some readers may find disturbing, so read at your own risk.] [A werewolf story] It all begin...
12.3M 317K 51
**WARNING: This book does have some dark themes to it that revolve around abuse, rape etc. So please do not read if these themes are triggers for you...