The Fire in My Heart - Black...

By LAC1940

"This alliance just keeps getting more and more complicated..." Set briefly during 'Civil War' but mostly dur... More

Note
Characters
One - Remembering...
Two - Special Guest
Three - Coronation
Four: The King and His Kingdom
Six: Outsider
Seven: The Insider Outsider
Eight: Council Meeting
Nine: Sacrifices
Ten: Challenge Accepted
Eleven: The New King
Twelve: Burning the Old World Down
Thirteen: Battle Wakanda
Fourteen: Not Goodbye, but a New Start

Five: Mission

1.1K 23 1
By LAC1940

"Time to suit up!"

"Ha! Never delete that!" Both Kalyna and Shuri cackled with laughter again as they repeatedly watched the clip of T'Challa kicking the suit only to have it backfire and knock him down. Each time was just as funny as the first.

Being the loving and caring younger sister she was, Shuri had kept the footage and had of course gone straight to show Kalyna. Nothing like embarrassing your brother in front of his crush, right?

"And you had just finished explaining to him what happens."

"I know! Oh Brother!"

"Play it again!"

That night the team flew via jet to Korea where Shuri had a car waiting for them. When they arrived at the casino where the deal they were to intercept was to be made, T'Challa, Nakia, and Okoye, all under cover, went inside, while Kalyna, sitting on a motorbike in a nearby alleyway, waited.

"The sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can get this ridiculous thing off my head," she heard Okoye grumble over the radio, no doubt adjusting her wig yet again, having waited until the last minute to put it on.

"It looks nice," Nakia assured her.

"It's a disgrace."

This was met by a snicker from Kalyna and Shuri over their earpieces.

"Stop making fun of Okoye you two," said T'Challa, but it was clear that he was trying to hold back laughter of his own.

A few minutes later, he announced, "We're in."

"Standing by," Kalyna responded. After a few minutes of silence she said, "so, how was everyone's day?"

"Subtle."

"What, who am I supposed to talk to out here? At least this way I have someone to talk to." This was met by a chuckle from the king. "Though it must look like you're talking to yourself."

"It must. I probably look funny."

"I already think you're funny - catsuit."

"Bird," he retorted.

"That's the best you can come up with, really?"

"Could we please focus - thank you," prompted Okoye.

"Eyes up," Nakia broke in suddenly. "Americans. I count three."

"Five," counted Okoye.

"I count six," added T'Challa. "I just spotted an old friend. This just got a lot more complicated." A few moments later, she heard him say, "Agent Ross."

"Oh, it's Ross there? Tell him 'hi' for me."

They spoke quietly for a few minutes before T'Challa said, "I gave you Zemo."

"And I kept secret the fact that the king of a third world country runs around in a skin-tight, bulletproof catsuit, so I'd say we're even," she heard Ross say through T'Challa's communication device.

This elicited a snort of laughter from her. "So I'm not the only one." She would have to remember to thank Ross for that later.

Her attention was drawn away from the conversation then as a long line of SUVs pulled up in front of the hidden casino entrance, which she had a perfect view of from her hideaway. Out stepped about a dozen men, one of who was Klaue, and she could only guess that there were still more inside the cars. He kissed the Korean woman who Nakia had spoken to and who had let them through on the cheek and headed right inside.

"Uh oh, Nakia. It would seem that your friend Sophia isn't so much of a friend - Klaue is here," she updated. "Arrived by car. And he's not alone; he's got lots of backup. There's ten of them."

"Other men?"

"No, SUVs full of them."

"It's a set-up," stated Nakia. "We need to move on Klaue."

"We can't afford a shootout," warned T'Challa.

Kalyna listened intently, jumping when there was a sudden crashing over the radio. "What was that?"

"Okoye," answered T'Challa before he too joined the fight by the sounds of it.

"What was that about avoiding a shootout?" she yelled over the sound of sudden gunfire. This was followed moments later by the men racing back out of the casino, jumping into their cars, and speeding away.

"Klaue is getting away!"

"Yeah, I can see that. I'm on it-" With that she flicked down the visor on her helmet and sped out of the alley and began pursuing the cars. She had already placed some of Shuri's technology disks onto the surface of the bike in preparation for the mission, and reached out to press one. With a low hum, the disks glowed to life and lifted the bike into the air, their hover ability activated.

"Whoa - this is smooth," she declared. She would have to tell Shuri of her successful invention.

"Woohoo! Let's go!" Speaking of Shuri - she heard a cheer, guessing that T'Challa had contacted his sister about her being their promised back-up. "Wait, which side of the road is it?"

"For Bast's sake, just drive!" cried her brother. Kalyna chuckled - she loved their relationship, and often wished that if she had a sibling, their relationship would be similar.

"They're splitting up!" announced Okoye from the car she and Nakia had taken.

"We'll go right," informed Nakia.

"I'll go straight ahead," said Kalyna.

"And we'll take the left, I see a shortcut," added Shuri.

The hover bike was much smoother than a motorcycle, and faster. She caught up to her cars in no time.

Pretty soon through her mirrors Kalyna could see a car speeding down the road, a black cat-looking figure perched on the top. Chuckling to herself, she took seeing T'Challa all suited up as her cue. "Time to suit up!" With that she shed her jacket and helmet, fully revealing her suit.

"That's your suit?!" came Shuri's cry. "It doesn't even have any armour! No protection!"

"It's based on our military tunics."

"You go into battle in those?!"

"It's perfectly good!"

"Remind me to finish your new suit as soon as this is over!"

"Well it's fireproof, so that's what's most important," she stated, igniting her fist as she did so. She pulled up right alongside the car. The men from within smashed open a window with bullets, aiming to shoot her, but she only responded by plunging the fistful of fire into the car. It ignited, spinning and crashing off the road. One down. She quickly put out the flames, not wanting to cause any more damage to the city than had already been caused by their chase.

Similarly taking care of the last car she had been trailing, she heard T'Challa speak over the radio:

"Klaue is ours."

(Whew! Sorry guys, I didn't mean for it to take this long to update, but time has once again flown past me! Also, I find writing action sequences a little daunting, so that's another reason why it took longer, but here you go - I loved this car chase in the movie, so good!

I also wanted to let you guys know that I'm doing an intensive summer course throughout May, so I can't guarantee if I'll be able to update or not, but I will be thinking about all my stories, so just wanted to let you all know :) However, Kalyna gets to meet Erik in the next chapter so I'm super excited for that and want to update that as soon as possible! ;) thanks so much for reading (and the 800+ reads!) and I hope you enjoyed! :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 80 15
I LOVE CHEESY ROMANCE AND DRAMA!! โ™ก Harper Sullivan was completely lost after walking in on her fiance and sister sleeping together. Not only did tha...
523K 15.2K 90
What do you do when the king of an advanced country in Africa wants to get to know a chick from the Bronx for the better? Is she fit to be a Queen fo...
2K 42 31
What if Shuri and T'Challa had an adopted sister? Follow Vieira's story. The prequel is coming soon. Princess Vieira; The Safest Place To Fall [Bucky...
72K 2.7K 42
โ€โžท โ‹†หšโ‚Š [โœณ] หš* ยท ยฐ โ—Œ โmay the king rest in power.โž ๐–Ž๐–“ ๐–œ๐–๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–, two exes are reunited and fall in love all over again while saving their country.