The Fire in My Heart - Black...

By LAC1940

"This alliance just keeps getting more and more complicated..." Set briefly during 'Civil War' but mostly dur... More

Note
Characters
Two - Special Guest
Three - Coronation
Four: The King and His Kingdom
Five: Mission
Six: Outsider
Seven: The Insider Outsider
Eight: Council Meeting
Nine: Sacrifices
Ten: Challenge Accepted
Eleven: The New King
Twelve: Burning the Old World Down
Thirteen: Battle Wakanda
Fourteen: Not Goodbye, but a New Start

One - Remembering...

2.1K 50 4
By LAC1940

Vienna

Many countries from around the world had gathered in Vienna that day for the signing of the Sokovia Accords. This included the ruler of Sokovia themselves.

A sleek black car pulled up outside the building. The cameras turned on it. A young, red-haired woman emerged, flanked by Niyah her captain, and Felix her Lieutenant, as always. They stepped out of the car and approached the building.

"And now announcing the arrival of Princess Kalyna of the Eastern European nation of Sokovia, whose capital Novi Grad was destroyed by the Avengers nearly a year ago..." She heard this announcement in several languages. Here we go. Time to change the world.

The princess wore burgundy dress pants and a matching blazer. A bronze necklace hung around her neck bearing a feather charm: a feather of the firebird, the symbol of her nation and people.

After speaking with Agent Romanoff, Prince T'Challa of Wakanda slowly approached where Princess Kalyna was standing, talking to other witnesses of the Accords in a heavy-accented dialect. He waited until she was done speaking with the others and they had turned away before speaking to her himself. "You know, as ruler of the country these Accords are for, you are easily the most important and popular person here."

This earned him a smile. "Thank you. That is... Comforting. Now I only feel more pressure."

He chuckled. "It was meant as a compliment."

She smiled knowingly. "Thank you - My Prince."

"My Princess." He smiled and nodded in greeting. "So, what do you think of all this?" He gestured to the crowded room.

"Amazing."

"I thought you hated politics."

"I do," she said. "Politics bore me. I understand that the Avengers' intentions are good, but it was also those intentions which led to the total destruction of my capital city. And being the ruler of the nation the Accords are named after and one directly affected by the Avengers' actions, I was obliged to come and witness the signing."

"And sign yourself?"

She looked up at him. "You know why I can't sign. But you also know why I have to." She shook her head.

"Ah, Princess Kalyna." Both looked to see T'Challa's father, King T'Chaka of Wakanda, coming over to them.

Kalyna smiled warmly and bowed her head. "King T'Chaka."

He clasped her hands in his and smiled. "Lovely to see you again."

"Likewise."

"Also good to see you two getting along again," remarked the king

The two in question exchanged a knowing glance.

"It was the arrangement we disliked Baba, not each other," T'Challa assured him.

"Ladies and gentlemen. If everyone would please be seated, this assembly is now in session," came an announcement.

"That is the future calling," said T'Challa.

The King of Wakanda gave the princess another smile. "We will see you after the signing."

"Yes, indeed." Both she and T'Challa watched as he walked away.

"He still has not forgiven me for calling off our marriage arrangement," said T'Challa.

Kalyna smiled. "Believe me, I have not been forgiven for it either."

Post-bombing

Following the attack, her guards would not leave her side. They escorted her safely outside, but not before she caught sight of T'Challa cradling the body of his now dead father.

Outside there was as much commotion as there was inside. There she found T'Challa sitting on a bench, pressing his lips to his father's ring. She ordered her guards to leave her and slowly approached him. She came over and stood by the bench. "Oh T'Challa, I am so sorry. I know such words must seem small, but I am."

"Thank you."

She sat down beside him and shook her head. "If only I'd realized sooner, I could have blocked the flames, or at least tried-"

"It happened so fast, there was nothing you could do," he assured her. "Besides, an explosion is different than fire." He then slipped the ring onto his finger and stood.

"Where are you going?"

"To find this Barnes. He is going to pay."

"T'Challa, avenging your father's death will not heal your broken heart. Take these words from me, not as a fellow monarch, but your friend."

"Thank you Kalyna." He strode forward with determination.

"T'Challa, the task force will decide who brings in this Barnes."

"Tell them not to bother. I will kill him myself."

With that, he left, off to avenge his father's death. She cursed in Russian, only to be met by the same curse from Agent Romanoff a bench over.

Berlin - CIA

"Someone's in the building," cried Ross. "Security's been breached-"

"Relax." A heavy-accented voice turned all heads to the office doorway. "It's only me." She had changed out of her formal suit and now instead wore a deep, cherry-red leather jacket, jeans, and tall, sturdy boots. "That is one of the perks of being a monarch I guess, you just tell them who you are and they let you through."

"Begging your pardon, Your Highness," said Ross. "Just taking precaution." She nodded in understanding.

T'Challa sat at the table, a mobile phone in hand. Kalyna stood by the office window, holding her prized necklace, a nervous-habit. She came over to where he was sitting. "Look at you, all tech savvy. Trying to out-tech your sister?" Her gaze lifted to the security camera footage, one screen showing the caged Barnes. "I told you vengeance would get you nowhere. Look where it has brought you."

"I am not finished with him yet," he said, now also eyeing the screen. "And what about you? What are you doing here?"

She crossed her arms and gave a little shrug. "What do you think? I came to keep an eye on you."

He eyed her. "But you will not help me." She remained firm. "So the firebird remains caged does it?"

"I saw you on television, on the news, running around Berlin in that ridiculous suit of yours."

"Ridiculous suit? I could say the same about yours."

"It went through some upgrades," she stated proudly.

There was a pause. He smiled. "Cats catch birds."

"Not if they fly away first."

Berlin - Airport Battle

"Hey Cap, head's up!" Scott threw something into Steve's hand - a tiny truck. "Throw it at this-" Scott held up a little disk. "-Now!"

He threw the disk, Steve following suit and throwing the truck. When it hit the disk, it grew to the size of a regular truck.

Natasha and T'Challa dove out of the way as the truck crashed to the ground, bursting into flames.

"Oh man, I thought it was a water truck..." Scott winced.

Suddenly, the flames began swirling, and then disappearing altogether. When they did, there stood Princess Kalyna, donning her Firebird suit, controlling the flames. "Go Captain," she said. "I will take this from here."

"My bad, sorry," Scott said as he and Cap took off.

Kalyna turned and faced T'Challa who was getting to his feet. "I told you it went through some upgrades."

The Prison

She'd gone to the prison, just like the rest of those on the captain's side. Mr. Stark came to see them. He stopped when he saw her. "I thought you signed."

"I did, I had to, as Princess Kalyna. But the Firebird will fight for those like me."

"Couldn't you just pull a few strings and get yourself out of here? Being a royal and all?"

She turned to him. "Unlike some, I do not abuse my power. I deserve to be here no more or no less than them."

He took her hint. "I don't 'abuse' my power."

"No? Then why did you bomb my people Stark?" She slammed her fist into the glass. He stood there for a moment before turning and leaving.

Wakanda

"Thank you." Steve and T'Challa shook hands. Then Steve turned back to face the window, looking at Bucky through the glass.

T'Challa left him and turned to where Kalyna stood looking out the window at the Wakandan mountains. "You have evolved," she said. "You went from wanting to kill him, to helping him."

He nodded. "He is a victim, like my father." A pause. "Kalyna, because of my father's death, I will now become King. And I would like you to be there."

She smiled. "I would be honoured."

(So this was kind of like a memory. And just a little context: Kalyna was born enhanced, so like she says she feels obliged to sign the Accords, but she also feels it is hypocritical of her to do so, as it will limit those like her, so she is torn. And her exchange with Tony in the prison references the bombing that Wanda and Pietro talk about that killed their parents.

I hope you enjoyed this first part and the first glimpses of my character :) I'm super excited for this story!

Now we will be moving on into the 'Black Panther' story line, so there will be spoilers ahead if you haven't seen the movie! (I'm listening to the soundtrack while writing this, and I highly reccommend it, it's awesome! Also, Erik has a pretty awesome villain theme ;))

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! And like with my Loki and Sigyn story, I'll probably continue this one into 'Infinity War' :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 601 10
ROSS BOSS. ❝ THERE IS SOMETHING MORE DANGEROUS IN THIS WORLD THAN A HUMILIATED MAN, A NASTY WOMAN.❞ in which Everett Ross's daughter falls in lov...
2.7K 80 15
I LOVE CHEESY ROMANCE AND DRAMA!! ♡ Harper Sullivan was completely lost after walking in on her fiance and sister sleeping together. Not only did tha...
67.6K 2.2K 54
Shuri never felt the need to take on the mantle of the Black Panther, but when someone has been stealing vibranium from her beautiful country, she mi...
21.5K 412 10
This story is about Bucky Barnes and his other best friend Ramona. Welcome to the next installment of "A Buddy Companion." Ramona have been living in...