Random [Oneshot Series]

By Shainanegance

May contain: •Horror Oneshots •Funny Oneshots •Romance Oneshots •Mystery/Thriller Oneshots But just remember... More

Author's Note
B: Mental Hospital

H/M: Nightmarae

25 1 0
By Shainanegance

Entering the small office, I cleared my throat, rubbing my damp hands at my jeans to dry them.

I looked around, head slightly tilting from side to side to see everyone's attention at the clear image on the wall produced by the projector.

I crept my way over to the seat where I'm not too near nor too far from the office workers. I straightened my posture and acted like I didn't just come in without anyone noticing. Cause honestly, no one did.

I guess you can say that I'm late. But I'll blame Bernice for taking me to a club that I didn't even remember going and took me home high on heavy liquor.

I must say, waking up in my room with my head pounding was really challenging. Yesterday was the first time I drank alcohol. I never did drink before and now that I've experienced it, it'll take a decade for my friends to convince me to drink again, especially Bernice.

I thought of different ways I that can get back at Bernice. I think it'll be easy cause she's my roommate. I'm thinking I should just prank her and do worse things to her for taking me to that stinkin' club which was definitely out of my league.

Shaking my head, I averted my attention to the image on the wall. It looks like a small perfume bottle with a blue diamond cap.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Last time I checked, the company that I was working for does not include perfumes on its merchandise.

I looked around the large table, eyes adjusting to the dim light. I tried to figure out the faces of my co-workers, but I couldn't really recognize any. It's all blurry.

I blinked multiple times to try and regain my 20/20 vision. After a couple of seconds, I finally stopped and looked at my co-workers again, but something caught my eye in the far corner.

A dark silhouette was standing there, eyes bright green. I got curious as to who it was, but I just shrugged it off.

Honestly, it seems strange and creepy for someone to stand at that corner, especially cause the meeting and workers were on the other side.

"So our fashionistas are still trying to figure out the layout and design of this perfume bottle. We're not rushing things, but if you have any ideas that fit to our theme for this month, we'll gladly accept it." A deep manly voice which sounded like our team leader said.

Even though the only source of light was coming from the projector, I could still see my co-worker's head moving, indicating they were nodding. I nodded as well and shifted at my seat.

Raising my wrist upward, I looked at the time. I've seen that it was still 1:38 in the afternoon with my glow in the dark watch.

So the meeting has been going on for 38 minutes, huh? I thought.

As what is said at the brochure that I received from my mailbox, it told me to come at 1:00 in the afternoon, but because of the headache I received earlier, it took me a while to get dressed.

I honestly am already frustrated. Even though I arrived here for like 5 minutes ago, it seems longer. I'm really impatient. I don't like waiting, but it seems like I'm going to have to wait cause this is part of my job... I guess.

"When it comes to designing, you can put whatever additives, designs, texts and it could be in any style you want." The voice continued on.

I sighed heavily. How much longer do I have to stay in this freaking room?! I mean, can't they just set it straight so we can leave cause it's messing up my weekend.

"So the name of our product is Nightmarae. Say it with me, Nightmarae..." the speaker urged the workers, including me, to say the name of the product.

What an odd name for a perfume.

"Nightmarae." My co-workers repeated with less interest. And me? I didn't participate cause what do they think about us? Freaking kindergartens?

"Do you want this meeting to finish early?" The speaker threatened.

My co-workers mumbled a faint 'yes' and a sigh afterwards. I just remained silent cause I honestly wanted this meeting to finish early and not listen to this slightly rude speaker.

"Thought so. Now say it with me..." the speaker trailed off.

"Nightmarae..."

I won't cause I don't want to.

"Nightmarae..."

Still not repeating it.

"Nightmarae..."

I mean, how many times are they supposed to say this word?

"Nightmarae!"

And now they're shouting.

"Nightmarae!"

Dude, just stop this freaking nonsense!

"NIGHTMARAE!"

What the-

I started to cover my ears from the loudness of the noise they were creating. I swear, my ears seemed like they were about to disconnect from my head and fall to the ground.

My tightly closed eyes eased once the loud noise died down. I slowly removed my hand from my now red ears.

As I opened my eyes, darkness surrounded me. Pitch black. Nothing but black.

My heart raced with fear and confusion. I couldn't determine if I was dreaming or not. Am I dreaming? Am I blinded by the sudden noise or did I just pass out from the same noise that just took place?

I literally don't know. I wanted to be out of this vauge place. Maybe I should just feel around for something like blind people do. Using my 5 senses would be a great help.

Carefully lifting my arms in front of me, I started to walk slowly while making sure I wouldn't trip or bump into any object. I don't take chances.

As I continued to walk around the threshold, I felt something on the tip of my hands. A sticky fabric-like object that seemed like it was sewed into a human being with an enormous blood clattering face with lots of- just kidding!

I honestly did feel something, but not this severe. The only sense that I used is touch. I couldn't really determine whether that object is sewed into something or not. The only thing I felt is a sticky object.

I immediately removed my hand from the contact. It was cold. Everyone knows that I hate cold objects, except beverages of course.

I slowly backed up and tried to go the other way. But something grabbed my wrist. I'm not exactly sure, but I'm assuming this 'object' in front of me was the one who grabbed my wrist. I mean, it couldn't be anything else... or anyone else. I froze.

Is someone here with me?

Maybe this thing in front of me can help me get out of this place.

Just then, I suddenly remembered that I had a flashlight app on my phone. I hurriedly dug through my pocket using my free hand.

I wonder why I hadn't thought of this before.

Turning the app on, I shone it to the floor. I tilted the flashlight to the position where I then saw a feet standing still.

So someone really is here with me.

But wait... is that blood?

I instantly covered my mouth with my small hand. I don't understand this. Why is this 'thing' in front of me bleeding?

Out of curiosity, I shone the flashlight further above the feet. There were still traces of blood coming down from the skin. My heart felt like jumping out my rib cage right now. But that would mean I'm dead right?

In the midst of raising the flashlight towards the upper part of this thing, I stopped. I can't take it. I surely won't. I'm too scared to do this.

Just then, bright green eyes glowed inches away from me. I believe this creature or whatever it is, is as tall as me.

I just closed my eyes and hoped for this to end. But unfortunately, this creature couldn't keep it's hand to itself.

I can feel my goosebumps raising which made me drop my phone from the uncomfortable feeling.

Great. Now it's dark.

I struggled to find my phone, but thankfully I did. Without thinking, I unconsciously raised my flashlight to the face of the creature.

My eyes grew big, I gasped.

I can't explain what I was feeling right now. It's a mixture of surprise, panic, and fear, but more than that of course.

I shouted.

And shouted.

And shouted until I couldn't take it anymore and fanted.

"So that wraps our meeting, slash introducing new products up! Let's all take a break and then get back to our work." The speaker ended the meeting and my co-workers immediately stood up and began exiting the conference room.

I caressed my face and sighed. Thank goodness it ended. If you're curious to what I'm talking about, it's both the meeting and the 'little nightmare' I just had.

I stood up and went outside the conference room as well, but not before a hand was placed on my shoulder from the back.

I froze. What is it this time?

The hand was removed from my shoulder and I looked around. I noticed that we were the only ones left in the room.

"You okay, Bree?" I recognize the voice as from my co-worker, Karen.

I sighed in relief and said. " Uh yeah."

"Okay, but hurry up okay? Green eyes might come looking for you."

And with that, she exited the conference room leaving me standing there with my mouth agape.

What just happened?
_______________________________

(A/N) What do you think of this book so far? Let me know in the comments!

As always, thank you for taking the time to read :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Shaine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 770 44
" arey aap ayse kase bath kar sakte ho , inse lo mein paise deti hu " she while giving 20 rupees note to bus conductor . " arey aap yaha bhi , chal...
405K 54.3K 140
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
604K 99.1K 70
(يا إيها الناس أتقو الله بالنساء اوصيكم بالنساء خيراً) لم يستوصوا بنا خيراً يا رسول الله لقد كسرو القوارير والافئدة
73.1K 5.8K 16
𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝘀 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿 His 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲 "Fuck, whenever you're in my arms, I feel like I might crush you. You're so delicate," he...