The Innocent Bystander (Power...

Von kdog2201

Meet (Y/N), the most powerful hero on earth... that no one has ever heard of. He's done it all, slay monsters... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 1: Honnouji Academy
Chapter 3: A Battle of Kamui
Chapter 4: No-Late Day
Chapter 5: The Man With a Mohawk
Chapter 6: The Kendo Challenger
Chapter 7: Fight Club
Chapter 8: The Naturals Election
Chapter 9: Sudden Death Run-off Election
Chapter 10: Like a Football...
Chapter 11: Nue Hareemeh?
Chapter 12: The Tri-City Schools Raid Trip
Chapter 13: Tell Me Your Reason...
Chapter 14: The Great Culture & Sports Festival
Chapter 15: Bystander No More
Chapter 16: A Hero's Reward
Chapter 17: In Shining Armor...
Chapter 18: The Frying Pan
Chapter 19: SLAP
Chapter 20: The Calm...
Chapter 21: Some Effort Behind It.
Chapter 22: Graduation
Epilogue

Chapter 2: A Game of Tennis

88.3K 1.2K 4.9K
Von kdog2201

A Few Moments Later

Honno City

(Y/N): Well, that was something...

Y/N was walking back to his home in the slums, considering he was a No-Star, it was starting to make sense why his living conditions were poor.

(Y/N): Ok, this school is not normal. A bunch of crazy fashion-istas are using their very clothes as a way to dominate the whole city... Well I can't say I've heard of this one before. -_-

Y/N made it to the slums without any trouble and began to contemplate how he could get out of this school.

(Y/N): Ok, I just need to think of a way to either stay out of trouble or drop from the school. Now, how do I do that? hmmm...

As Y/N was walking he noticed a familiar, scantily clad body on the ground surrounded by a bunch of young boys.

(Y/N): Ignore it. Ignore it. Ignore it. I don't need this right now.

Young Boy: Wow she's almost entirely naked.

Another Young Boy: You can almost see...

(Y/N): -_-....... Fuck.

(Y/N): Hey! What are you guys doing!?

???: Huh? Who are you? Trying to have your way with her first huh!?

(Y/N): HAHAHAHAHA!!! *breathes*.... no.

Young Boy: You think you can stop us?

The group of boys surround Y/N, readying their weapons.

Mataro: You have insulted the Great Lightning Speed Mataro Mankanshoku!! Leave yo-

Mataro didn't get to finish his speech as all of his friends were already knocked out.

Mataro: Wha!? How did you-

(Y/N): Hey, you said your last name was Mankanshoku, right?

Mataro: Y-yeah.

(Y/N): I sit next to your sister in class, I am her quote on quote "bestie" as she put it.

Mataro: Really!? Why didn't you say so before?!

(Y/N): Ryuko here also happens to be her "bestie."

Mataro: Eh!? Really!? *bows* Forgive me!

(Y/N): I don't think you could have known that. Anyway do you know anywhere I can take her for medical treatment?

Mataro: Of course! Follow me!

Y/N picks up Ryuko and follows Mataro.

_____

_____

A Few Hours Later

Mankanshoku Home

???: *Breathes Heavily*

Ryuko: Huh?

Ryuko slowly opened her eyes and saw a large man really close to her breathing heavily on top of her. Ryuko instantly uppercut the large man off of her, causing him to hit ceiling and land on the floor.

Ryuko: You pervert! You dare make a move on me knowing that I'm the Kanto Vagabond, the Guitar Case Drfter!? My Scissor Blade! Where is my Scissor Blade!?

Mako: Here it is!

Ryuko: Thanks! Be careful, Mako! This perv tried to-

Mako: Dad, what do you think you're doing?

Ryuko: Eh!? "Dad?"

Ryuko began to profusely apologize to Mako's dad.

Barazo: You have quite the punch miss! The second hardest I have felt today! I'm Barazo Mankanshoku!

BARAZO MANKANSHOKU

Mataro: We've already met, but I'm Mataro Mankanshoku

MATARO MANKANSHOKU

Mataro: You were pretty badass swing that scissor around half-naked!

Ryuko: *Punch* Bite me! It's not like I wanted to be dressed that way.

Sukuyo: If belting my husband or Mataro makes you feel better, feel free to belt away!

SUKUYO MANKANSHOKU

After meeting the family they sit Ryuko down at the dining table preparing for dinner. Ryuko looked down and saw all the bandages covering her.

Ryuko: How did-

Mako: My daddy did that! You'd never guess it but he's the best Back-Alley doctor around. He's killed more people than he's saved!

Ryuko: That's a bad thing.

Barazo: That's alright, the dead ones don't sue you.

Ryuko: Oh wait, how did I get here?

Mako: Oh Y/N carried you're!

Ryuko: He did!?

Mataro: Yeah he carried you all the way to the clinic and asked dad to help you!

Barazo: Yeah! He was pretty nice even though he did punch me super hard.

Sukuyo: You were trying to grope the girl, I think it was rightfully deserved.

Barazo: You're terrible hahaha.

Ryuko: Oh.

Ryuko had a small blush on her face but she instantly shook it away when the food arrived.

Sukuyo: Please, help yourself!

_____

_____

Honnouji Academy

Satsuki was overseeing production of Goku Uniforms, following behind her was Shiro Iori captain of the Sewing Club.

Satsuki: The masses, fools all of them. They are nothing more than swine to be led by me and by Honnouji Academy. You the sewing club have a great role to play i this system, take care in your work.

Iori: Thank you for your kind words.

Without turning around Omiko Hakodate was bowing before the Student Council President.

Satsuki: Tennis Club Captain Omiko Hakodate.

Hakodate: Third Year Class T, reporting as ordered.

A container lowered from the ceiling and opened up to reveal a Two-Star Goku Uniform.

Iori: This is a Tennis-spec, Two-Star Goku Uniform. A gift from Lady Satsuki.

Hakodate: At last, a Two-Star Goku Uniform of my very own! Thank you my Lady!

Satsuki: Carry out your mission.

Hakodate: Yes!

Satsuki returned to her chair, Soroi poured her another cup of tea. On the monitors in front of her were various images of Y/N. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

Satsuki: Y/N... What makes you so different than the others?

_____

_____

The Next Day.

Honnouji Academy

Y/N had just entered the No-Star tram and sat down by himself.

(Y/N): If I stay out of trouble I should be able to make it through the rest of the semester without any more headache. Hmmm... Which means I should probably try to avoid Ryuko and Mako from now on.

Just as Y/N thought of this Ryuko and Mako entered the tram and turned to see Y/N.

Mako: Hey! Y/N!

(Y/N): Oh come on!

Mako and Ryuko find the empty seats next to you and sat down.

Ryuko: Hey, uh Y/N I-

Y/N had scooted down the seat making a gap between them.

Ryuko: .... Oi!

Ryuko and Mako instantly closed the gap between them and Y/N.

(Y/N): *sweats* Uh? Yes?

Ryuko: I just wanted to say thanks for carrying me to safety yesterday! It's not like I was gonna beat you or anything!

(Y/N): Oh, um... Sorry, and no problem, I guess.

Ryuko stares at Y/N, making him feel a bit uncomfortable under her gaze.

(Y/N): I-Is there something you ne-

Ryuko: Who are you?

(Y/N): What?

Ryuko: When I first saw you, you seemed like some wimp, I didn't think you'd last ten minutes in this place. Yet here you are, fine. And after getting a closer look at you, it definitely seems like you have something to you. So what's your deal?

(Y/N): I'm not sure what you mean by "what's my deal". I'm just a regular student who wants to learn.

Ryuko: Do you really expect me to believe that?

(Y/N): Uh.... Yes?

Ryuko: *glares*

(Y/N): *sigh* Look I helped you, even though you didn't rescue me, because you came back and helped Mako, which means you can't be all bad. I really am just a regular guy who just so happens to sit next to you.

Ryuko shrugs and looks out the window.

Ryuko: There's a pretty distinct gap between rich and poor.

Mako: Yeah! That's how the system Lady Satsuki works! The more stars you have the better your living is.

(Y/N): So how you live is directly related to how well you do in school?

Mako: Yep! isn't that awesome?

Ryuko and (Y/N): No.

The tram reached it's destination and everyone began walking through to the Academy.

Mako: Oh yeah that reminds me! Ryuko, Y/N, Mom said that if you guys need a place to- *smack* Mom said that if you don't *smack* have a place to *smack* stay! you *smack* can *smack* stay *smack* with us! *smack*

Mako was being pelted by tennis balls as she tried to speak, surprising Ryuko and Y/N.

Ryuko: Hey! What's the big Idea!?

The trio turn to see a line of tennis players in a line standing in their way. The one in front had a large red racket and a telescope on her right eye. She also had a shark-like grin on her.

???: Ah, you're the transfer student who was rude to Lady Satsuki, as I recall. Stay out of this. I'm the Girls' Tennis Club Captain Omiko Hakodate.

OMIKO HAKODATE

(Y/N): More letters, that can't be good. And HOLY SHIT that's a huge tennis racket!

Hakodate: Tennis club member Mako Mankanshoku, has failed to fulfill her club obligations, she is being purged as a result.

Ryuko: What did Mako do wrong?

Hakodate: She skipped yesterday's club practice.

Ryuko: Yesterday? Mako was being held hostage yesterday!

(Y/N): I can confirm that she was in fact taken hostage yesterday, I was too...

Hakodate: I don't care, those are our rules.

The line of tennis girls began hitting tennis balls at the trio, Ryuko jumped in front and blocked all the tennis balls before they hit Mako or Y/N.

Ryuko: Go on ahead you two! I'll take care of this!

Mako and Y/N nodded together and ran around the tennis players and into the schoolyard.

Mako: Thanks Ryuko! Good luck!

Ryuko tries to fight Hakodate but when her Kamui fails to activate she gets thrown into the waterway.

Before Mako and Y/N could make it to class they get surrounded by more One-Star tennis players.

Hakodate: Club member Mako! You are going to receive your punishment whether you like it or not! And you! Other transfer student! For aiding a club member in escaping her punishment, you are gonna share her punishment as well!

_____

_____

Some time later

Y/N and Mako were chained up to a pole and surrounding them were the tennis club, each of them swatting tennis balls into the heads.

(Y/N) Really? I'm chained up again? What is with this school and their bizarre punishments?

The tennis balls hitting Y/N just bounced off his face harmlessly, it was still annoying to have all those tennis balls hitting him though.

(Y/N): Would you guys stop hitting me!

Tennis Player: Shut up!

Mako: Leave Y/N *smack* alone! *smack* *smack* It is only *smack* me *smack* you want! *smack*

(Y/N): See!? Even Mako says I should go!

Tennis Player: SHUT UP!

The tennis players continued hitting tennis balls at the duo until Ryuko appeared and blocked all the incoming shots.

Mako: Ryuko!

(Y/N): You'll "take care of this" huh?

Ryuko: Shut up! I wasn't ready before!

(Y/N): I am being pelted by tennis balls!

Ryuko: I was too!

(Y/N): I am STILL being pelted by tennis balls!

Hakodate: You've come for another beating?

Ryuko: As if! This time I'm gonna kick all of your asses!

Ryuko pulled a pin on her glove and transformed into her revealing outfit again, prepared to fight again.

(Y/N): I thought you didn't like wearing that.

Ryuko: I don't! But I need its power to beat them!

Hakodate: Whatever, lets begin! 110 Million Serve!

Ryuko began her fight with Omiko, it eventually turned into a kind of tennis match of it's own. While this was happening Y/N and Mako eventually escaped from their bindings and sat at the sidelines. Mako was cheering Ryuko on.

Mako: Yeah! Go Ryuko! You can win!

Ryuko began losing the tennis match as her own racket couldn't handle the strength of Hakodate's serves.

(Y/N): Maybe you should use you Scissor Blade instead of the regular aluminum racket.

Ryuko: Shut up!

Senketsu: He is right Ryuko. The Scissor Blade is the only thing that can withstand our strength!

Ryuko: Ugh! Fine!

Ryuko, this time used her Scissor blade to return Hakodate's serve, this time Ryuko overpowered her and sent the club captain flying, stark naked.

Ryuko: *smirks* I guess the match can't continue.

Sanageyama: Don't get full of yourself, bitch!

Satsuki: Wait, Sanageyama. 

Satsuki stepped out of her tower and observed the match from above.

Satsuki: The victor of the match is that girl.

Satsuki descended from her tower and was now face to face with Ryuko.

Ryuko: So, are you going to tell me? Are you the Scissor Blade Woman?

Satsuki readied her blade.

Satsuki: If you wish to know the answer, ask the question with your skill.

Satsuki lunged at Ryuko and the sheer pressure from Satsuki's attack surprised Ryuko to the point where she had to retreat.

Ryuko: Mark my words! Next time I'll finish this once and for all!

Steam filled the area and Ryuko and Mako disappeared into the smoke, leaving everyone at the destroyed tennis field, including Y/N.

(Y/N): I should probably go now...

Satsuki: And where do you think you're going?

A wall of One-Star students blocked Y/N's path. Satsuki was glaring directly at Y/N, her sword still drawn.

(Y/N): Um. Home?

Satsuki: What is your relationship to Ryuko Matoi?

(Y/N): We're just desk mates! Well, I sit next to Mako, who sits next to her. So far, I've kind of just been dragged into these things, just by being near them.

Satsuki's glare didn't change and in response to Y/N's answer she lunged at Y/N with her sword.

(Y/N): Uh.

To Y/N, Satsuki looked like she was moving in slow motion. Y/N eyes followed the blade as it slowly made its way to his head.

(Y/N): With the way she's swinging that, It's gonna stop just in front of my face. I guess she's trying to test me or something. This is a great opportunity to make her think I'm just a nobody!

Sure enough, Satsuki's blade stop mere inches from Y/N's face. Using this, Y/N pretended to fall over from the pressure.

(Y/N): Wa!?

Satsuki: Hmph. Pathetic. Get out of here.

Y/N took the opportunity to leave and ran off.

Sanageyama: Huh, I guess he was just all "show" huh?

Satsuki sheathed her sword and closed her eyes.

Satsuki: I want (F/N) (L/N) under surveillance from now on.

Sanageyama: What!? But he's just-

Satsuki: More than he appears. His eyes were not one of an amateur, but of a skilled veteran of combat.

Sanageyama: Really?!

Satsuki: He's hiding something, and I want to know what it is.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

20.3K 353 24
(spin off and sequel to the Isekai Quartet book) (Y/n) "Zero" (L/n) was deemed as the weakest student in Union Academy, even though he was weak he wa...
8.2K 98 14
Instead of ryuko going Honnōji Academy now It's Y/n trying to find out who killed the rest of the L/n family, and ryuko never left ragyo and is the s...
11.4K 804 11
Y/N L/N lived a life that she, herself, considered pathetic and pure bullshit. Really, all she wanted was to have a yummy ramen and live in mansions...
29.4K 422 15
what heppens when an wrathful overlypowered and totally inspired by "Nakedness weaponised"person goes to a school where social standing is every thin...