Two-Bit's Little Sister

By XxGreaser_GirlXx

I'm no big deal. Just Two-Bit Mathews' kid sister. Or so I thought. Before a certain Curtis brother walked in... More

Two-Bit's Little Sister
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

2.1K 50 8
By XxGreaser_GirlXx

"So, think the gang's warming up to me?" I asked Ponyboy, as we took our seats at the drive-in. It was Friday night, and we decided to catch a flick. (It was a week after I met the gang.) The rest of the guys, or whoever felt like watching a movie, were supposed to show up later. But Pony had told me Steve and Soda usually drag raced or somethin' like that and Darry usually worked so we weren't expecting them.

Ponyboy smiled. "Probably...They seem to enjoy your company. Soda sees you as a kid sister, you and Johnny seem to connect, Steve's protective of you, Darry thinks you're a good kid...."

I looked down for a second. "And Dally thinks I'mma tagalong...right?"

He bit his lip and stalled, "What time do you think the gang will get here?"

I rolled my eyes. "Pony..."

Ponyboy seemed to have a hint of annoyance in his voice. That's a first! "Well why do you care what Dallas Winston thinks...."

I sank lower in my chair and paid my attention to the big screen. A few Socs were giving us nasty glares, but whatever, what's new? I started to fix the gap in my auburn bangs. 

"Listen, I'm sorry...I didn't mean nothin'..." Ponyboy said softly. Almost as soft as Johnny speaks. So you better believe it was soft.

This boy was too sweet! I shook my head immediately. "Ponyboy Michael Curtis, don't you dare be the one to apologize..." Yeah, I had learned his middle name. And he knew mine: Nicole Scarlette Mathews.

He grinned and opened his mouth to say something but I continued: "And I don't know why I asked if Dally thinks I'm a tagalong....I guess I just-"

This time he was the one who cut me off. "I get it. Dallas seems like the coolest guy, scratch that, greaser in Tulsa...the first thing you wanna do when you meet him and youre one of his kind is make a good impression- AND you're a girl grease! Of course you'd want him to like you! Damn, sorry, Nicole, that was a stupid question I asked."

I stared at him blankly. "Wait..Pony? Do you think I wanted him to like me?"

The cutie nodded his head slowly. Then I said, "No, Pony, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't annoying anyone...It seems like Dally controls most of your gang and I didn't want them to get into any trouble with him."

By the look on Ponyboy's face, I reckon he was registering everything I just told him. "Oh, shoot..that's what you meant... Wow. For a kid who's supposed to be smart, I sure am dumb."

I playfully punched his shoulder. "C'mon now, you're anything but dumb..."

The youngest Curtis snickered, "So I'm annoying, weird, smelly, unnactractive and EVERYTHING but dumb? Gee, Nicole, you're so nice..." Awh, his sarcasm was freakin' adorable.

We laughed together. Then, I thought of something perfect to say: "You know, Pony, you're the only one who can get me really laughing....besides Two-Bit of course..."

He smirked. "Really? I ain't even funny...you wanna hear something funny? Soda trying to sing.."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Soda sings?"

"One day I found out, I caught him in the shower." He paused and looked around to see if anyone of the gang was there. Then he held his finger to his lips. "But don't tell anyone, it's a secret between just me and Soda."

I nodded. "Wow" was all I could say.

"Wow? Is that like a good 'wow' or a sacastic 'wow?'

I giggled. "You sure ask a lotta questions.."

"I know. I'm just always thinkin' of something...I always question everything, and I do mean everything. One day when I was 11 I asked Soda why people had to have emotiions...he told me that's just the way things were...that's the way God made us to be. But the thing is, I was never satisifed with answers like 'that's just the way things are...' I told myself there was something more- that everything had to have an explanation. But I'm not saying anything against religiona and all that..." He gnawed on the inside of his cheek, then continued: "And what you said about how Dally looks like he controls of gang- it isn't true. We're like a group of brothers- we stick together but every man is his own leader."

"Woah, Ponyboy, you can really talk up a storm..and ohhhh...that makes sense!''

He smiled, "Yeah, you're one of the very few people who can get me talking.."

"Really? Who else can?"

"Soda and this girl named Cherry Valance..."

I arched an eyebrow. Cherry was a Soc! What! When did he meet her?! Then I remembered something I read about in that newspaper editorial...Cherry was good. She knew the score.  So instead of saying anything about Cherry, because I just remembered she was good,  I said, "Johnny can't get cha talking?"

"Nah. Johnnycake and I can communicate without having to talk...I dunno...It's strange. Don't ask, because I don't even know." He smiled.

"I was going to say something about Cherry, then I remembered she's cool..."

Pony looked at the ground for a second. "Um, I guess if you think ignoring someone so he doesnt hurt your reputation is cool.."

My eyes widened. "Oh, Ponyboy, I didn't mean she was cool like..." I paused. "I meant that it was cool about what she did in court- you know..."

His face brightened a little bit. "Yeah, I get it."

''I guess we both need to pick our choice of words more carefully." I chuckled, referring to when I sounded like a stalker when talking to Johnny for the first time last week and the conversation we were having now. 

"We gotta lil greaser couple right here?" I familiar voice from behind us.

I blushed and shook my head while Ponyboy looked uncomfortable.

"I was just joking- sheeeeshhhh. You two don't have to look like I caught you two in the bedroom!"

"TWO-BIT!!!!!" I swatted him, my brother had a bit, okay maybe not a bit but a lot, of dirty humor...He couldn't control himself even around his baby sister. Then I noticed while I swatted Two-Bit, Ponyboy pulled a blush. Awhhhhh, man blush...hehehhee. 

Regaining his color, the Pony asked, "Here's Dally and Johnny?" 

My brother shrugged and said, "Didn't feel like coming..."

"Oh." Pony said.

Then I remembered Pony said that Johnny idolized Dally...maybe Dally didn't want to come so he told Johnny not to go....whatever. I'm not making assumptions.

"You two aren't gonna makeout while I'm here right?" Two-Bit laughed.

"Um, aren't you supposed to be protective of me, yet here you are making all these jokes about me and Pony dating..." I said, kinda of pissed. It wasn't funny and he could get on my nerves sometimes. Okay lots of the time...

Pony remained silent and Two-Bit said, "Okay, sorry, baby sister."

__________________________________________________

A/N: I had a whole lotta dialouge for this chapter but I figured it would bore you to death. For the next chapter I'll try to figure on Steve, Darry, and Soda a bit more! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 210 36
"I loved him. But it was too late." She didn't want to leave him. But they just were meant to be. And that was that. Valeria, years after they have...
598K 11.8K 34
Jasmine's life has never been easy. She is the kid sister to the famous Dallas Winston. Her life gets a little crazier after she starts dating Ponybo...
11K 254 25
Isabella Mathews, the younger sister of Two-Bit Mathews, life has taken an unexpected change when she admits her feeling for someone in the gang. Wil...
22.5K 167 24
This story is an outsiders fan fiction and I'm warning you there is suicidal thoughts and actions and cussing