Heaven Can Wait [Destiel] +on...

By utterflop

Dean likes Castiel. Castiel likes... Well, it's complicated. Dean is not very good with expressing his feelin... More

Chapter two ⛧
Chapter three ⛧
Chapter four ⛧
Chapter five ⛧
Chapter six ⛧
Cas, come over (one-shot)
One more angel (one-shot)

Chapter one ⛧

1.8K 78 81
By utterflop

Dean rested his eyes upon the flickering flame that was slowly eating up the candle wick. The little source of light bounced off of Dean's face making it appear calm and poised. Soft shadows played on his eyelids and forehead. The man sighed and rubbed his freezing hands and extended them forward out of instinct. It took a few moments for Dean to realize it and he stuffed his hands in his pockets again. He scoffed realizing that the candle provides as much heat as sock fresh out of the dryer so reaching his hands out was pointless. And yet, he still shifted loser to that tiny yellow flame.

Dean sat staring at the melted candle wax running down the side with no purpose. His eyes sometimes aimlessly wandered in the darkness for a few seconds before returning back to the previous target. There were so many things that Dean could've done during that time when the power was out but he decided to stare at the candle. The twitching light was somehow calming, as the thin wick burned down slowly melting the wax, foreign serenity washed over Dean. The man couldn't figure out what was so magical about a simple flame. Maybe it was feeding his incendiary tendencies. He tend to burn stuff often but lately, Dean didn't have many chances to light something on fire. The man's trusty lighter remained untouched for weeks, collecting dust in his pocket.

Dean's train of hazy thoughts was interrupted when the lights came back with a violent buzz. Dean squinted his green eyes that were so used to the darkness. The man lifted his head up and listened for the wind. He squinted his eyes as if it was going to help him hear better. Even if Dean was surrounded by thick concrete walls the howling sound of wind reached the man's ears. Dean sat up and instinctively walked out of the room to check on Sam but his hand stopped just before his knuckles met the hard wooden surface. The man was sleeping, it was pretty late and Sam had a schedule. Dean let out a heavy sigh and stretched his arms a bit. With nothing else on his mind, he walked to the bunker's kitchen where he collected a decent amount of food and drinks to bring into his room.

"Dean..."

The man flinched like a jolt of electricity just shocked his whole body.

"You gotta stop doing that." Dean pointed at Castiel with a beer in his hand

"My apologies." Cas did a weak bow apologetically

Dean's curious gaze scanned the man in front of him from head to toe. Castiel was soaking wet, water rapidly dripped off of his trenchcoat creating a muddy puddle beneath his shoes. Dean frowned seeing the muddy imprints on the kitchen floor that he had cleaned just a couple of hours ago.

"Man..." Dean pursed his lips annoyed "Can you go change or dry off at least?"

"This is why I was looking for you, Dean." Castiel said lowly while looking at Dean intensely like he usually did "I do not own spare clothing."

Dean let out a heavy disappointed sigh and gestured with his hand signaling Castiel to follow him. The man grabbed his food and his bear and made his way back to his room. Castiel followed the man leaving a wet trail behind him. Dean winced internally thinking about how much time it'll take to clean the floor again. The man wasn't that mad, more like slightly irritated, annoyed that Castiel doesn't own an umbrella and walks in the pouring rain. Not that angels woud get sick like humans but the fact that it was dark and Castiel was all alone when he could've been hanging out at the bunker, reading something in Enochian.

Dean dumped all the food on his bed and started digging through his clothes. They were similarly built so that wasn't a problem. Dean struggled with finding Cas something in his style but all he owned was plaid shirts and leather jackets. Dean shrugged his shoulders realizing that he's not gonna find anything remotely similar to what Castiel was wearing and grabbed his favorite combination of clothing. Dean caught himself smiling as his hand extended forward to hand Castiel dry clothes. Dean's facial expression stiffened up and his lips returned to their usual vertical line. Dean cleared his throat and sat down on his bed before grabbing the remote from the nightstand.

Dean glued his eyes to the TV and froze in one place hearing Castiel getting undressed in the middle of the room. Dean let out a soft sigh, he was used to this because no matter how much time he spent with humans the man still couldn't adapt to this behaviour. Dean's ears caught the sound of Cas' pants hitting the floor followed by a soft rustle.

Dean focused on his TV while the angel got changed. He folded his dirty clothes into a neat pile and placed it on the floor. Only when Dean felt Castiel's weight on the bed beside him the man turned his head to look at him.

"You look..." the corners of Dean's mouth twitched into a smile "Great."

"Thank you, Dean." Castiel nodded and glanced at the TV "Why must those people walk so closely next to each other?"

"Wh-" Dean's heart dropped from second of panic thinking that he accidentally switched channels

Dean's eyes peered at the screen, his fingers ready to press the off button. The man let out a quiet relieved sigh.

"I see that they're walking in repetitive patterns." Castiel squinted his eyes "That could only mean that this kind of behaviour is used in a ritual."

"No, Cas..." an airy chuckle left Dean's throat "They're just dancing."

"Dancing?" Cas glanced at Dean and tilted his head to the side curiously

Dean smiled weakly and shook his head.

"Come on, man, you never danced with someone before?"

"I..." Castiel looked down and shrugged his shoulders "I have never had the occasion, besides I don't know how."

"Come, on." an energetic smile lit up Dean's face "I'll teach you."

Without thinking Dean quickly rose from the bed dragging Castiel with him. The angel had a curious look on his face as Dean got his hands in the position.

"Okay, first-" Dean's breath got caught in his throat when the realization hit him "I- Uh... Y-you need..."

"Music?" Castiel asked

"Yeah." Dean's smile twitched nervously

The man let go of Castiel's waist and reached for the small radio on his nightstand. Once the button was pressed a smooth melody emitted from the radio.

"And to finish this late broadcast- Broomstick Cowboy by Bobby Goldsboro." the radio show host announced "Good night."

Dean stared at the radio listening to the tune. Castiel stared at Dean who suddenly seemed troubled. He turned his face away thinking that Cas cannot see it.

"So..." Dean turned around with a bright smile "Your left hand goes on my shoulder."

Castiel slowly lifted his hand up and gently placed his left hand on Dean's shoulder. The man nodded in approval, his right hand gripped Castiel's waist.

"You have to extend this arm a little." Dean slowly intertwined his fingers with Castiel's "Yeah...Like this."

Dean smiled at Castiel, the man flashed him a weak smile, he was still a little bit confused. Dean slowly stepped to the side, Castiel stumbled with him.

"One step at a time." Dean chuckled "Like this, look at my feet."

"I think I understand." Castiel murmured and followed Dean's feet carefully

"Yeah, you got this." Dean smirked

They slowly moved in the middle of the room, Castiel stepped on Dean's foot a few times but that was okay. Dean felt his fingers clutching onto Castiel's shirt unconsciously. The man cleared his throat and loosened his grip.

"Uh..." Dean wiped his sweaty palm on his jeans but Cas didn't seem to care about that

Dean moved his feet a little bit faster, still slow enough so the angel could keep up with him.

"And twirl." Dean chuckled and spun Castiel around

The man let out a soft gasp, he wasn't expecting such a violent movement and when he returned to position their chests bumped against each other. Dean's gaze flickered from Castel's blue eyes to his lips. He parted his own lips slightly to match the gap.

The music abruptly stopped and Dean jerked his head upwards. He let go of the man and smiled weakly.

"I-I think you got it now."

"Thank you, Dean." Castiel said softly, his eyes squinting slightly from his smile

"No problem, buddy." Dean patted Castel's shoulder "It's late so..."

"Of course." Castiel nodded "I'll let you rest."

"Okay." Dean nodded and cleared his throat once more

"Goodnight, Dean."

"Good night... Cas."

Hi there! I'm writing a book over at @valeriatraivazi, I'd greatly appreciate it if you checked it out. It has everything you need: wlw, mlm, angst, everyone fucking dying but first I make you attached-
I mean what... A-anyway, go check it out :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 958 32
Dean Winchester & Castiel Novak
441 41 12
This is an AU where Dean is a "badass" who lives in the same town as Cas. Dean has a motorcycle an apartment and enough money to get by until he meet...
704 42 12
Dean wasn't exactly sure how he'd ended up here. Three hours earlier, his evening had been perfectly ordinary. No bars, no walls, no furious angels...
284K 9K 49
+ This book is filled with oneshots about my OTP, Destiel. I hope you enjoy reading them. + Started: [26/12/2016]