THE UNLOVED HUSBAND

By Lovesotrue

Isaac hurriedly ran towards me and scooped me up in a very tight hug, his head buried on my neck. "I don't c... More

CHAPTER ONE: FALLING FOR THE BOSS IS BAD NEWS
CHAPTER THREE: HIS QUICK QUESTION
CHAPTER FOUR: HE OVERSTEPPED
CHAPTER FIVE: HIS NOTES
CHAPTER SIX: TWO EMOTIONS
CHAPTER SEVEN: I MISS YOU
CHAPTER EIGHT: TRUE LOVE'S KISS
CHAPTER NINE: STILL ON
CHAPTER TEN: WEEKEND PLANS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: NO WONDER
CHAPTER TWELVE: YOU TOO
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: FOUND
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE DIFFERENCE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: PROMISE ME
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: THE HANDSOME EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: IF I COULD HIDE HER AWAY
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE WHISPER
CHAPTER NINETEEN: SCARED OF MAKING WRONG DECISIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY: SHE SAID YES
CHAPTER TWENTY - ONE: LET THE FLOWERS FALL
CHAPTER TWENTY - TWO: JUST LIKE HOW
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: STURDY HEART
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: SOMETHING HAS CHANGED
CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE: FOURTEEN RULES AND ONE RING
CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX: THEIR FIRST NIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN: OUR FIRST RULE JUST GOT BROKEN
CHAPTER TWENTY - EIGHT: CHAOS OF SEVEN HEARTS
CHAPTER TWENTY - NINE: UNDER THE STARS
CHAPTER THIRTY: IT'S STARTING TO CROWD
CHAPTER THIRTY - ONE: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
CHAPTER THIRTY - TWO: FOUR QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
CHAPTER THIRTY - THREE: IT ISN'T MY STORY; BEFORE AND AFTER THE STORM
CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR: BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WEDDING
CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE: WHILE SHE WAS AWAY; SINGULARITY
CHAPTER THIRTY - SIX: A STEP BACKWARD
CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN: EVERY WEDNESDAY
CHAPTER THIRTY - EIGHT: A GLIMMER
CHAPTER THIRTY - NINE: THE VERY QUESTION
CHAPTER FORTY: NO MORE
CHAPTER FORTY - ONE: 4 AM
CHAPTER FORTY - TWO: IS IT BECAUSE?
CHAPTER FORTY - THREE: STAY AWAY
CHAPTER FORTY - FOUR: A YEAR AND A HALF
CHAPTER FORTY - FIVE: NEEDED SAVING
CHAPTER FORTY - SIX: ROOFTOP MEMORIES
CHAPTER FORTY - SEVEN: THROWN GUIDANCE
CHAPTER FORTY - EIGHT: PERFECT STATE
EPILOGUE: BEGIN

CHAPTER TWO: HIS POSSESSIVE SIDE

1.6K 85 14
By Lovesotrue

Bismillah.

Dedicated to her who first made comment of Chapter One. Thank you so much! 

Chapter Two: His Possessive Side 

Isaac's POV

I was finalizing my recommendation on Yaqub's proposal when my intercom lighted and Fatima spoke.

"Sir, I'm headed to the Departments to personally give the proposal to the directors and to the vice president, may I?" she asked.

"Alright.... wait, do you know where their offices are?" I asked her. I don't want her getting lost in my building.

"I have checked the map of the building Sir. I believe the Charity Department is on the second floor as you have said whereas the Budget Audit is on the 10th floor. And the VP Office is on the 11th," she answered.

"Good, you may go," I instructed her, with a smile on my face.

She's independent and I like that about her.

"Thank you Sir," she said before hanging up.

Then I found myself staring at the glass window as she got up from her seat carrying folders with her. She moved so modestly and yet gracefully. Even if she's wearing a black abaya and yellow veil, it suits her professionally. I wonder what dresses she would be wearing once I hire her.

Wait a minute Isaac, why are you thinking too much of her? I shook my head and continued typing.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

I decided to first head to the Charity Department, Budget Audit and make the VP Office last. However as I head out to the Budget Audit, no one was inside. Even the secretary's desk was empty. I sat uncomfortably on a red – leathered couch, waiting.

"May I help you with anything Miss?" a manly voice said.

I turned around and saw a man in a black polo shirt smiling at me. He was tall and dark. But his entire demeanor seemed laid back, relax and friendly. She smiled at me shyly.

"I am here to deliver a budget proposal for this department, as instructed by Sir Isaac," I told him, while standing up.

"Oh Mr. Trest is out of town, he left this morning," he said.

The Director is out of town but the president is unaware, how come?

"I see, thank you then," I said and started to leave.

Then I heard footsteps behind me and I was about to turn around, the man was already in front of me, so close, like few inches more and our faces would be skin to skin.

I hurriedly stepped back.

"Wait, who are you?" he asked.

My brows furrowed in confusion of his question.

"I can give Mr. Trest a call if it's urgent, you may send it to his email ad. He usually works in a laptop," the man said.

"I see. I'm Fatima Maryam by the way, Mr. Khalid's temporary secretary," I told him.

"Oh where is Ms. Vianna?" he asked unhesitatingly.

Were they close?

"She was transferred," I answered.

"Good to know that," he responded but his face was in deep thought.

"And you Sir, may I know who you are?" I asked.

"Oh I'm Alesier Jammang. I'm one of Mr. Trest assistant auditors," he introduced.

"Okay Mr. Al, can I have Mr. Trest email ad?" I asked politely.

"Sure," he said, getting away from me to get a paper and a pen. He wrote on it and then gave it to me.

I hold it and read it.

176-321-1784

"Is this his personal number?"

"No, that's mine," he answered shyly.

Why would he placed his number.

"I want you to give me a call first next time you come to this office. So I can confirm to you if Mr. Trest is here or not," he reasoned out.

"I don't understand," I said.

Then he began to chuckle.

"You are one slow thinker," he teased.

"What?" I asked, feeling puzzled.

"Nothing, hey want me to escort you to wherever it is you're going to hand that last folder?" he suggested.

"No thanks, I know where I'm going," I told him.

Okay, I really don't like this Alesier guy. I think he was or is trying to flirt with me. Gosh, such a total turn – off. What he just met me few minutes and is already so full of himself.

"Yes but I still insist. I've been working here for 10 years. I am the best man to show you around," he said.

I just shrugged my shoulders and made way for the door but Alesier opened it for me.

"Thank you," I said and hated myself for saying it as soon as I saw him smile and smirk.

"You're welcome," he said confidently.

So we walked and he started saying bits and pieces about Writeworthy Inc. He would joke every now and then until I mentally told myself that maybe Alesier is just a flirty friendly funny fellow but does not have any bad intentions whatsoever.

Upon reaching the VP office and giving the necessary file, I headed out of it only to see Alesier seated on the couch. He rose up and smiled at me.

"Where to next?" he asked.

As soon as he said that, Mr. Ismael Bara, the Vice President, got out of his office. Then he looked at me then at Alesier.

"Good afternoon Sir," Alesier said.

"Oh Al you're here," Mr. Bara said.

"Yes Sir, I was just accompanying her around," he reasoned out.

Mr. Bara frowned at this then looked at me pointedly as if he was angry.

"Isaac just called to tell me to tell you that you are needed at his office right now, ASAP," he said.

"Right away Sir," I said and hurriedly left the two men.

Something about Mr. Bara's tone told me that my boss maybe pissed off as I was taking too long.

****************************************************************************************************

Isaac's POV

She was taking awfully too long so even if it was against my will, I turned on the live security footages and looked for her. As the man in charge of the hundreds of employees working for me in this building with 13 floors, I had installed security cameras and aside from the security personnel, I have complete access to it too.

And there she was, walking slowly with Mr. Alesier Jammang, the man known for his playboy ways.

Astaghfirullah, I thought she's a smart sassy intelligent one. They were on their way to the 11th floor and all I could do was watched her laugh. She never laughed like that with me. Well it's only been few hours but even so, I hate seeing her with that Alesier.

After contemplating, I gave my half – brother, Ismael a call and told him to ask my secretary to hurry the hell up.

"Wait, brother, why are you furious? You never get angry at anything. Wait, is that Fatima lady your love interest?" he asked me seriously.

"I don't have a minute to waste brother. Go to her now and tell her that," I said and hang up the phone.

I put both of my hands on my desk and thought of my reaction.

Ismael was right. I never get angry, not even after knowing my previous Budget Director stole from me. And yet just the sight of Fatima with another man is enough to boil me up in anger.

Do I like her? Is she my love interest? And in what? Barely even three hours have passed.

My door burst open and there she was, standing, her eyes searching for something in my face.

"Took you long enough," I grunted while placing my collection of marbles inside its holder. It's a habit I had ever since I was young. It kept me away from stressing from things I may not have control of. (see image above) 

Damn, I sound angry too. Keep it together Isaac.

Perhaps this is why Mom told me that Ismael handles himself better than I do. Ismael is my Mom's second son in his second marriage after my father passed away. I am three years older than him.

"I'm sorry Sir, I apologize," she said with her head bent down.

"My half – brother Ismael told me earlier that you were seen with Mr. Jammang. Flirting already on my regular employee are you Ms. Maryam?" I said, while resting my back on my comfortable swivel chair.

She gasped and then her expression looked at me angrily.

I couldn't help it. She was entertaining Al because a smart lady like her could just brushed him aside if she wanted to. But no, she actually may have enjoyed the attention.

"With all due respect Sir Isaac, I wasn't flirting. I was simply being polite. And thank you for your misjudgment and maltreatment and your abusive language. I shall forgive you for the sake of Allah. So that on the Day of Judgment, your soul would have to pay me back for what you just did. And I hope all of your good deeds, your mountain of good deeds shall be given to me. Allahumma Ameen," she said straightforwardly, eyes intensely looking at me.

I was too shock to speak. Did she just answer me back? And with a hadith? This had me laughing. So I laugh loudly until my eyes water.

But she must have taken it wrongly because the next thing I heard was a loud bang from the door. She left and I was still laughing.

I was laughing because of three things. One because I felt relief that she was just being polite to Alesier. Two because she knows exactly the right hadith to say to scare my rudeness. And three because I can no longer help myself. I like her. I really really like her.

I stood up and feeling cheerful went to her desk. She was drinking a bottled water, perhaps to cool her anger down. Wow, she knows that hadith I guess, where the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) said that water can cool down anger because anger is like fire. So anyone who is angry should drink water.

She pretended not to notice me standing there and faced the computer on the side, opening a document.

"I'm sorry for what I said Ms. Maryam," I said sincerely then took a sit across her.

She ignored me and just continued typing. She has the guts to ignore her boss huh. So amusing this beautiful lady. How I love teasing her.

"Let me make it up to you. There's a chocolate restaurant on the groundfloor. Come on, my treat," I offered.

Women love chocolates. I am sure a chocolate cake can make her smile again, instead of the grumpy attitude she is showing right now.

Then she faced me with her eyes midway looking angry but challenged.

"I am workingSir, please leave if you are not going to discuss work related matters with me. I still need to prepare the conference room for the meeting," she said.

Did she just turned me down?

"Are you serious?" I asked her in disbelief.

Nobody resisted Mr. Isaac Khalid. Nobody. Well nobody but her.

"Yes Sir I am as serious as the flirty accusations you have just spoken to me a while ago," she said, smiling sarcastically.

Then she stood up.

"I will now prepare the conference room," she announced and left me sitting, grinning at the thought that perhaps I just found my perfect match.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

My boss accusations that I was flirty kept me in my place. Maybe that's what I needed to stop all this attraction and maddening thoughts I have for my boss.

He is freaking hot and good looking. When he is near me, I have to force myself to think straight. That man is oozing with perfection, power and charm. And he isn't even trying.

But everytime I think of the harsh words he said, my attraction for him dies down. Because honestly, who was he to judge my character? We only just met. Maybe that's the reason why he is still single. He has a secret rude attitude. I wonder why Vianna never witnessed that.

We were at Waleed's Convention Center and the famous Muslim author, Dr. Aid – Al – Qarni is launching his new book entitled Don't Be Sad. How I wish I could buy one for myself but the cost is too much. I will just download the pdf file online and it would be enough for me.

Al – Qarni and Isaac were talking at the presidential table while I was standing below the stage. If I knew all I would be doing is standing here, then I should have just stayed at the office and do something productive.

Suddenly, Isaac's bodyguard, Joey gave me a book, the cover says, "Don't Be Sad."

"What is this?"

"The boss gave instructions for me to purchase this and give this to you. He says it's yours. And if you want the author to sign it, just ask him too," Joey answered before disappearing from the crowd.

I was speechless. He bought me this book? Why? Maybe he is still guilty of calling me flirty. I found myself smiling though. I cannot believe I finally have one of the few books I've been wanting to have. I looked over at the presidential table and saw my boss staring at me. He smiled and nodded while I just looked down at the book I was holding.

I knew I was blushing because I felt the heat on my cheeks.

My shyness led me to have my new book unsigned. My boss should not ask a famous author to sign my book. That would be too personal.

The signing of the books started after Al – Qarni read a passage from his book. Then Isaac left the table and stood beside me.

"Are we done here Sir?" I asked.

Why am I shy to thank him? I should at least thank him.

"Uhm, thanks for the book by the way," I said politely.

"Aren't you going to have this book signed?" Isaac asked, taking the book from me.

Before I could answer, he was gone in an instant. My eyes found him walking back at the presidential table. He was smiling and so was Al – Qarni. To my surprised, Al – Qarni signed on the book. In a matter of seconds, my boss was standing in front of me, handing me the book.

"You're welcome," was all he said.

He started walking and I followed him. I got inside the car after he got in. We were sitting beside each other and I was losing my wits with the nearness.

"Where to Sir?" Wadel, his driver asked.

"At the Islamic Foundation Television," Isaac answered.

The drive was smooth and I found myself enjoying the sight.

"There's a prayer room at the ground floor. We will pray first before heading to the studio," he spoke.

"Yes Sir. Thank you Sir," I answered.

"I meant what I said when I was sorry Fatima and I only laughed because I was relieved to know that you were only being polite to that player," he said softly.

My head turned away from the sight outside and I looked at him. He was already looking at me. This is the first time he called me by my first name. And he uttered it with care and worry.

"I accept your apology Sir. I am sorry for what I said earlier," I said to him with all the sincerity in my heart.

And I meant it. Maybe hanging out with Alesier was unbecoming. I should have tried harder to keep him distant from me.

Isaac simply nodded then looked away. But I cannot looked away. I was just admiring his perfect jaw, his perfect face.

"I fired Alesier few minutes ago. You won't be seeing him anymore" he said out of the blue.

"You what?" I asked with a high tone I barely notice having.

Isaac cleared his throat before speaking. He even arranged his tie. Then he gazed at me piercely.

"You're my secretary Fatima and you would have to accept this side of me," he said.

"What side?"

"My possessive side. I do not want you looking at any other man. I don't want to see you walking nor talking with any other man unless I say so. For as long as you're working for me, the only man you will be seen with during working hours is me and me alone. Is that understood?" he said, with every word emphasized heavily.

"Ye. ...Yes Sir," I answered stutteringly.

"Good, because you're hired. Which means you're leaving the country with me tonight," he said with finality before returning his gaze to the window.

I gulped and sat up straight.

Conflicting feelings bore inside of me. I kinda like his angry possessive side. Not just because it makes him look sexier, but it also makes me feel special. However I fear him now because I have a feeling that there's more to him that meets the eye.

He just fired his regular employee because the man was flirting with me. I wonder if Isaac Khalid, my new boss, is the man who won't stop at nothing to get what he wants.

****************************************************************************************************

"The dwellers of the Fire who had known him on earth for his sermons will ask why he is being punished so painfully. He himself will answer, "I had ordered you to do good without doing it myself, and I had forbidden you from it while perpetrating it myself."

- Don't Be Sad

***************************************************************************************************

Vote and comment. In shaa Allah. Thank you for reading. ^_____^

d4F*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 87 10
TROPE-- MISUNDERSTANDING When a Muslim girl is not in her right path she herself don't know anything about her religion doing everything which is ha...
830K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
2.3M 138K 52
"You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected times." ▪▪ He stroke my arm with his hand and carefully followed his own act...
682K 41.8K 34
{ Highest Ranking 👉🏻 #1 in Spiritual/ Islamic love story } I felt hurt seeing him in pain, pain, which wasn't so obvious to him. // .... Emotions o...