Whose Eyes Were Red? [s.m][3]

By hoechlin72

A lot has changed in Beacon Hills. Scott McCall and his pack have just survived the Dread Doctors and Theo's... More

trilogy
epigraph
introduction
trailer
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
series epilogue
teen wolf: the movie
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8

chapter 23

4.2K 102 16
By hoechlin72

"You left your computer in the bunker."

There was a moment before Chris and Levi both realised how Scott had easily got into the man's laptop. He was never really one for having a good password.

"Ah. I guess I need a new password."

"Allison?" Levi asked, a sad smile on her face as she thought about her best friend.

"Allison."

//.//

Levi approached Scott and Malia, having heard most of their conversation about being worried about a potential new hunter. Chris was nearby, also searching for the slug of the bullet so that they could catch the killer. She understood their panic, being hunted had been a constant in her childhood.

"I was hunted by my dad," Malia said, reminding the two alphas that she had been through this process before. They shared a small look with each other before sharing their own experiences.

"I was hunted by my girlfriend's dad," Scott said, smiling slightly as he thought about how far he and Chris had came since they first met. It certainly hadn't been an easy path for any of them, but he was just happy to have the hunter on his side now.

"I was hunted by my brother's girlfriend," Levi added, Malia turning to look at her with a soft hint of confusion in her eyes. After everything Malia had learned, she had never really thought about Levi being hunted by Kate, although it made perfect sense now. There was a short pause before all three let out low laughs, the surrealness of the situation getting to them slightly.

"Does that fear ever go away?" Scott asked Levi and Malia, knowing that they had been running for their whole lives, not just a few years. The two girls shared a look before Levi noticed that Malia's eyes widened slightly as she peered over the alphas shoulders. She moved slightly before looking frantically back to Scott and Levi.

"What if I told you I saw a red laser sight right now?" She asked, her voice high with tension. Scott scoffed, thinking she was joking but the catching of a red beam in his peripheral vision also made him turn halfway through his sentence.

"I'd say that you are seriously..." he started before Levi tugged his shirt sleeve to get him to fully turn. "...Not paranoid."

Levi tensed up, moving so that she was slightly in front of Scott and Malia as she allowed her fangs to show and her eyes to flash their vibrant red. Snarling, she let out a reasonably large growl before she heard the voice call out.

"Relax, it's just me," Chris said, holding the gun up slightly to advert the red laser beam from their sight. Levi relaxed, but Malia scoffed with hesitance.

"Do you have to use that thing?"

"To determine the trajectory of the bullet, yes. Show me where you found the body. Take it easy, safety's on," Chris said, turning the gun so that they would all stop tiptoeing around him. It wasn't like the supernaturals to be so paranoid. Chris spun around a few times, moving the laser through the air before he stopped at the tree in front of them. "Got it."

He crouched back up before looking at the two alphas that stood next to him. He hummed before coming up with a small idea to help them to understand what he was seeing.

"Scott, Levi, do me a favor. Glow your eyes, tell me if you can see it, too," he ordered, and the couple shared a look before doing what he told them to. Levi followed the laser, her eyes catching on the flickering of a silver mark on the tree.

"I see it," Scott modded, his eyes turning back to brown.

"I can too!" Levi agreed, moving closer to the tree as Chris tried to explain to them why they could see it.

"That's because it's made from an element with a higher heat signature than regular metal. It shines infrared, like your eyes, because it's silver," he said. Just as Levi went to touch the mark, she stopped herself after hearing it was silver. She slowly moved back, her hand instantly grabbing on to Scott's as she realised what this meant.

No-one said anything as they walked through the woods and back towards Chris' car. Malia was frantic, confused about the sudden silence that had fallen amongst the pack.

"How come no one's saying anything? Silver, copper, lead. Who cares what a bullet's made out of? Don't they all do the same thing?" She asked, her eyes darting between her alphas and the hunter. Levi opened her mouth to speak, but found that no words came out.

"Well, there's a myth that a silver bullet can kill a werewolf," Scott hesitantly said, knowing that Levi and Chris were seriously worried about the bullet. 

"But a real hunter would know it's just a myth. Silver's too soft for bullets, they don't fly straight," Chris told them all, before looking worriedly at Levi. The girl knew this information, and she had figured out exactly what that meant for them all.

"If you didn't fire it, then who did?" Malia asked, just wishing they would get to the point of it all.

"Someone who doesn't know what they're doing," Scott murmured.

"Someone dangerous," Levi agreed before they all turned to Chris.

"A new hunter."

____

"He killed every supernatural in the Closed Unit? All of them?" Scott asked Lydia as the girl relayed what she had witnessed at Eichen house to the four senior members of the pack. Levi sighed, rubbing her face with her hands as she listened to the words that the girl was saying.

"He said he couldn't see it any other way."

"Well, I've got another way. You don't kill everyone!" Malia yelled, but Lydia shook her head, clearly still thinking about his words.

"I think he was afraid."

Scott looked up at that. "The wolves, the rats. It keeps coming back to the same thing," he spoke, pausing as Levi finished the sentence.

"Fear." She said, her eyes widening slightly as she realised that something wasn't right at all in Beacon Hills.

"But what is everyone afraid of?"

"Us," Levi muttered firmly, knowing exactly what Scott was getting at. It all began to add up in her head, the looks that she would receive from a select few students, the glances that Monroe had been giving her - everything.

"We don't know what fear would do to somebody. I mean, it can change them. They'll look at us differently. They'll do things that they've never done before," Scott started to remind them, before Malia butted in.

"People can be so stupid!" She snarled, fed up of things like this constantly happening.

"They're not stupid, they're scared," Lydia softly told the girl, her eyes narrowed as she thought over what Scott was saying. "And scared people will do things that you wouldn't believe."

___

Levi looked at Scott as they jumped into Stiles' jeep. Lydia and Malia had already left the premises, but the alpha couple had decided to go and get some basic groceries before they called it a night. Just as Scott went to turn on the engine, the moon cast a soft glow on his face as Levi felt her stomach do a flip. Reaching over, she grabbed his hand and made him stop trying to turn the ignition.

Scott leaned slightly closer to the girl, her eyes staring into his soft, brown ones. She was inches away from his face now, and as if the tension had became too much for him to handle, the true alpha moved forward, slamming his lips against Levi's.

The boy leaned back as Levi moved herself over the gearstick of the jeep so that she was straddling him. Their lips were pressing against each other ferociously, as if the taste of each other was the only oxygen they needed. Scott placed a hand on Levi's back as he pulled her as close as he could, the other hand resting on the Hale's waist.

His hands wove their way into Levi's long hair, before moving across the girl's body. Levi moaned as Scott attached his lips on to her neck, nibbling and nipping at the exposed flesh. The back of the steering wheel was digging into her back, but she no longer cared. As Scott found Levi's soft spot and the girl whimpered, the boy sucked and bit at it, causing the skin to swell slightly. Levi pushed Scott's head back to her lips, aware of the mark that would be forming on her skin.

"You're so fucking hot," Levi rasped in between kisses, both her hands now resting on Scott's face as she straddled the boy in their best friends car.

"Nothing on you," Scott snarked back, licking Levi's lip for entrance. The brunette eagerly granted it, their tongues exploring each other's mouths. She reached down, grabbing at the hem of his hoodie before harshly tugging it off and throwing it to the side. Just as her hands were grasping for the hem of his shirt, there was a large knock on the window of the car.

Levi and Scott both let out yells, jumping slightly and causing Levi to lean against the car horn. They breathed heavily for a second, the embarrassment of being caught causing their cheeks to flush red.

"Lori!" Scott exclaimed, causing Levi to move off of him as it was unusual for them to see the girl at all, let alone without her brother. Levi could sense that something was not right the second she saw the girl.

The two wolves scampered out of the car, Levi grabbing Scott's discarded hoodie and pulling it over herself as they faced the younger beta.

"I found this. It's Brett's, and he's missing, and I heard gunshots!" Lori spoke fast, passing Levi his broken lacrosse stick. She knew instantly that it was his, having watched him train with it during their practises.

"How do you know this is his blood?" Scott asked, looking at the glimmering liquid that was on the stick.

"Because he's my brother. It's mine, too."

___

"Here. I think he set a trap!" Liam yelled out to the teens as they walked through the forest. Levi knew that this was a good way to try and find Brett, but she was growing increasingly concerned about the boys health. She had promise Satomi that nothing would ever happen to them.

"Nicely spotted Liam," she muttered, seeing the beta grin proudly from the corner of her vision as she bent down to look at the trap. Her hand dusted over the trap as she heard the others talking behind her.

"We need to find him, he needs to know we're here," Lori argued as she held on to the arrow that his blood was tainted on. She opened her mouth, going to let out a roar when Malia rammed her hand across her jaw.

"You want the hunter to know we're here, too?" The coyote snarled, having been more experienced at hiding that the younger betas had.

"He's new. We can take him!" Liam argued, causing Levi to sigh as he continued to think he was invincible.

"What if Brett howls back? He'll lead the hunter right to him," Malia argued.

"No, we could find him first. There's no human that can track sounds faster than we can. And we've got the advantage, we've done this before. We know what we're doing, guys," Scott spoke up, starting to find hope within himself. The others all started to get themselves excited, but something wasn't right.

"I don't like this. Something isn't right," Levi muttered, but no one listened.

"How come I can't catch his scent?" Malia asked, not being able to pick up on the scent that she had turned into.

"He's masking it."

"Can someone tell him not to?" Malia snarked back at the girl, and if she hadn't felt so unnatural, Levi would have probably laughed.

"He went this way!" Liam and Lori darted to the side, following a small trail of Brett's blood that must have been caused from the arrow hat they had found imbedded in the tree.

"His trap didn't work," Levi told the other two as the trio stood in silence. The aesthetic around them shifted into a more tense setting, and Levi felt a new scent enter her nose.

"Maybe this hunter is not such an amateur," Scott muttered, trying to keep his voice low so that Lori and Liam didn't hear.

"Or maybe he's learning?" Malia reasoned, but both of them were interrupted by Levi's urgent tone.

"There's a different scent here. I recognise it," the alpha said, her hand resting against the bark of the tree where the arrow had been imbedded.

"Who, Levi?"

"I don't know. I just- I just can't figure it out," the girl sighed frustratedly. She was sure that she had smelt that scent before, almost the scent of fire burning, mountain ash and a hint of gunpowder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 1.9K 67
"But I'm still on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love, shining just for you." -T.S. {Book Two of The Try Saga} {The Vampire Diarie...
40.3K 917 18
𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ❝ 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...