Heartbreak Story - Byler

By PiratesAndGlitter

Mike looked down at the shaking boy and wrapped his arms tightly around him, burying his freckled face in the... More

Prologue - December, 1984
I - Everything I Used to Know, It was Crumbling
II - The Snow, It was Falling
III - It Hurts
IV - Wondered How This had Happened
V - A Heartbreak Story
VI - I Promise You
VII - He Gave You Up
VIII - He Let You Down
IX - There is No Need to Hide Away
X - Just Say You'll Let Me in Your Heart
XI - Couldn't Let It Go
XII - Couldn't Bear to Ever be Alone
XIII - Here Together as One Now
XIV - Staring Out the Window
XV - Can't Remember How It Used to Be
XVI - What's Done is Done Now
XVII - All the Trust is Broken Now
XVIII - Let It Go
XIX - I Know You Never Like to Be Alone
XX - Keep You Safe
XXI - You and I
XXII - I'll Surround You
XXIII - Cannot Cope
XXIV - Doesn't Have to Be a Heartbreak Story
XXV - Doesn't Have to Be a Heartbreak Story Pt. 2
XXVI - And Now You Don't Have To
Tagggggggggggged ☺️
XXVII - Should've Been There From the Start
XXVIII - As Long as You're With Me
XXIX - Everyday
XXX - Everyday Pt. 2
XXXI - Tangled Up
XXXII - Tangled Up Pt.2
XXXIII - Inside His Mind
XXXIV - There'll Never Be a Heartbreak Story
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Epilogue III
Final Epilogue
Sequel

Characters, Background and, well, Me!

5.7K 90 436
By PiratesAndGlitter

     Characters

William "Will" Byers

Michael "Mike" Wheeler

     Maxine "Max" Mayfield or "MADMAX"

     Dustin Henderson

  Lucas Sinclair

        Jane Hopper or "Eleven"/"El"

         Jonathan Byers

     Nancy Wheeler

        Steve "Mom" Harrington

The parents of the kids will also be included as well as some original characters such as Alexander "Alex" Rodgers however these characters aren't likely to make an appearance very often and are not main characters to the storyline.

Background/About this Book

The story begins in November 1986 (not including the prologue) almost two years after the end of Season 2 and most of the party are 15. Mike, however, is 16 as I personally see him as being the oldest of the group and imagine him to have been born early October, 1970.

Mike and El have been broken up for a while now, Mike having realised his feelings for his very best friend Will as being more than what a friend should feel for another friend. It took him a while to understand these feelings, but he has accepted them as being a major part of his life and knew he couldn't continue in his relationship with El as a result of them. Despite this, Mike has not told Will how he feels for fear of losing the person he loves most in the world. Especially since now Will is in a relationship with 17 year-old, popular boy Alex.

The inspiration for 'Heartbreak Story' comes from the song I have attached above of the same name. It's been a song that I have loved for many years and means a lot to me so please give it a listen at some point. The lyric video I have attached is not mine but if somehow the person who made it manages to stumble across my little book, let me know and I'll credit ya for it because it's a beauty. The chapters will all be named after lyrics from this song. Also, the chapter numbers will be in Roman Numerals because I'm a pretentious little shit who cuts her toast into triangles. Don't judge me.

The majority of this story will be told from Mike's point of view and we won't see Will's POV for a while but it will happen eventually. I will let you know when it changes but if it's not specified, it's Mike's.

Be prepared for foul language and mentions of sex (shan't be writing full on smut because they're still kids and I wouldn't be comfortable going into detail but there will be mentions of it and allusions to it happening etc. etc. as it is kind of essential to the direction I'm going with this book). Finally, there will be elements of depression and self-harm. I will put trigger warnings for anything such as this before it occurs.

      A (Not So) Little Note from Yours Truly

I began this story on Friday the 23rd of February, 2018 however I will not be publishing it until I have a few chapters completed so the breaks between me posting chapters won't be too long for you. As a result, I guess I won't be seeing any of you just yet as this likely won't be posted for a couple of weeks from today's date. I am looking forward to meeting you.

I am a huge Byler shipper (of course) and I also love Jancy so they'll be making an appearance as well but won't be a focus. Yeah, yeah, I know Jancy should be at college but then I couldn't have them in my story and I'd cry so fuck it, they've mutually decided to hold off going to uni for another year to spend more time with their families and with each other before Jonny Boy is off to NYU and Nance goes wherever the hell she plans. And Mom (Steve) has decided to not go to uni and is happily working for his dad. Sorted. Now I can have Jancy and my mum in my plot.

Okay, writing words like "Mom" kills my little English soul but that's how my babies would say it as they're clearly from Hawkins so we gotta do what we gotta do. The thing that killed me the most in the part of the book I'm up to writing so far is when I wrote "parking lot". It's a goddamn car park to me, man.

I also ship Joyce and Bob but Bob is (spoiler alert if you haven't seen Season 2 but if you haven't then seriously go and watch it right now) clearly no longer living so he won't be joining us on this ride but I will be mentioning him as he still is one of my favourite characters #JusticeForBob and hell, #JusticeForMews. My loves.

I'll be writing this on my iPad so if the formatting looks weird on any other device, just ignore it. I apologise in advance if it looks odd.

Well, that's quite enough faff from me. Shall we begin? I think we shall...

Oh yeah, I'm Niamh by the way (pronounced Neev, yeah idk why it's spelled that way either) and you'll be seeing me at the bottom of chapters with my little author's notes. You may know me from the comments section of practically every Byler fanfiction on this app and also practically every Thiam (Theo and Liam from Teen Wolf) fanfiction too. Feel free to strike up a conversation with me at any time. If you're willing to give this story a go, thank you ever so much and I bloody love you. Quiet, Niamh, your British is showing. I'm off.

I repeat (sort of),

let's begin...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 5.8K 41
。・: ▍𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 Will Byers and Mike Wheeler were practically inseparable. They had been best friends for nearly a decade and planned to remain that way...
499K 14.9K 56
☆.。.:*(book two, 𝑹𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆, is now out- inside this book ) ☆.。.:*In which Will has a problem. A big one. A problem he needs urgent help with, a...
643 13 16
°•☆Will Byers and Mike Wheeler had been bestfriends since kindergarten. They had a special place only the both of them knew about. So what happens wh...
180 13 29
The Aftermath of Stranger Things season 2, if Will asked out Mike and Mike confesses his feelings for Will. How would that go? And would Eleven be je...