Maid For You

Par Little-Friend

"GET OUT!" After kicking an egotistical, rude (albeit gorgeous) jerk out of her store, Cassie thinks she's se... Plus

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23.5
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 50.5
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Second Book

Chapter 36

30.6K 1.5K 194
Par Little-Friend

The Princess looked at grumpy Luke helplessly before resting her hawk-eyes on me.

"What did you do?" Her voice was a low growl unheard by most in the room.

"Attention!" The doors to the parlor flung open as Isaac made his announcement. "The young Lady Lucille Rylin!"

A girl of perhaps sixteen walked in with a graceful gait and a perfectly manufactured smile framed by punch pink lips that matched her a-line dress.

"Calista." She beamed as the Princess eagerly stepped up to her friend. While Lucille's pure-diamond blonde hair starkly contrasted Princess Calista's black hair, it was overshadowed by the drastic differences in puberty each had experienced. Tall, developed, and stunning, Lucille looked far too old to be attending this party.

"Lucille, I'm so glad you could come," Princess Calista said.

"Of course, my dear friend. I await with baited breath for your sixteenth birthday when you can officially come out and join proper society."

I scanned the young lady carefully, a familiarity about her that I couldn't place.

I discovered Luke had made his way to me when I heard his voice in my ear. I supposed he wasn't so grouchy anymore.

"That is the young Lady Rylin." His voice tickled my ear and sent my heart into a flurry. "You may remember her older sister, Madeline."

My eyes widened, and the resemblance became so clear to me that I wondered how I had not seen in before. I hoped she behaved more civilly than her bikini-clad sister.

At least she won't be fighting over the prince, here.

"Soon they shall all arrive." Luke's quiet voice sounded tired.

"Lucas!" Princess Calista spotted us. "Whatever could you have to say to Miss Cassie?" Her short laugh following did not hide the irritation laced in her voice.

The door opened and a Miss Janelle Armstad was introduced, and several more after that, until all seven of the Princess's guests had arrived. The guests were seated and served their tea by all the maids there, except for me, who was exiled next to the door to stay out of the way.

"Princess," started a Miss Alicia. She had caramel skin, a crown of ebony ringlets, and a pleasant smile. I also noticed that she looked like she was actually the right age to be the Princess's friend, unlike the weirdly older and beautiful looking Lucille. "I have to ask, have you met the Prince Nikolas yet?"

The Princess rolled her eyes and grimaced. "Unfortunately, I've come across him from time to time."

"Did you like him?" asked a starry eyed brunette friend.

"I hardly know him, but I promise I have no intentions of marrying that Nikotan trash." She folded her arms defiantly.

"Oh, but we're dying know the truth behind the rumors! I heard that your parents think that a marriage would help with the hostilities between Aregano and Nikoto," said another.

"Well it doesn't very much matter their opinions. I'm not going off to live in such a savage place! If only Prince Nikolas had a sister. Then Coleman would be forced to marry her." Princess Calista looked disgusted.

The ten small allied countries, including Embryia, Aregano, and Nikoto, got along fairly well. However, it was common knowledge that the Aregano and Nikoto bitterly hated each other. Since Embryia managed not to have big beefs with any countries, it seemed strange to hear such hostilities toward Nikoto.

"I don't want to talk about Nikoto or Prince Nikolas. It sickens me." The Princess shook her head. "I want to introduce someone. Lucas! Come here!"

I did a visibly bad job of masking my annoyance as Luke walked away from my lonely spot by the door.

"This is Lucas Prescott, ladies! He's my brother's butler, and I have to say he does an excellent job serving our family." Her emerald eyes sparkled with delight. "Well, go on, Lucas! Tell us all a bit about yourself!"

Luke's eyes widened before looking down awkwardly at his feet. He started rubbing the back of his neck. "Princess, there, there isn't much to...to say."

"Oh, look how he blushes!" Lucille threw her head back in delight, causing his awkward blush to grow deeper. "He's quite cute, Calista."

"He really is!" concurred Alicia.

"Pull up a chair, Lucas! We must have you sit with us," offered the Princess.

"Oh, Princess, you are—you are too kind." He fidgeted awkwardly. "But I am just a servant."

"Nonsense. It's the 21st century, Lucas. Far more scandalous things have happened!"

I was forced to sit back and watch as Luke was coerced into a chair next to the stupid Princess and became the uncomfortable object of attention by a group of young teenage girls. Sure, I gained sufficient stories to tell Prince Coleman that would satisfy his thirst for embarrassing Calista stories, but I wished I hadn't had to come at all to this stupid party.

Soon the spoiled tweens all moved to the fancy couches, the Princess half-dragging Luke to join.

It was all Lucas this! Lucas that! by her.

If she says "Lucas" one more time, I thought. I'm going to hurl.

"Lucas, you are quite the musician, I hear," Princess Calista suddenly noted, perking my attention. I had seen him with a guitar when I stalked his Instagram, but I hadn't asked him about it yet.

"Oh, I don't know about that." He shrugged half-heartedly.

"Do you play guitar?" asked Lucille.

"Yes."

"Ooh, how delightful! Helen!" Princess Calista aggressively snapped her fingers.

"Yes, your highness?" she quickly bowed.

"Go fetch a guitar, and be quick about it!" the Princess commanded.

"Princess, there is no need—"

She cut Luke off. "Nonsense, Lucas. We would all love to hear you play!"

Five or ten minutes of idle chatter passed until Helen returned, carrying a glossy acoustic guitar and placing it into Luke's lap.

"Princess, if I must play, might I sit on that chair there instead of on this sofa? It will be much easier."

"Of course, of course!" She waved her hand obligingly. "Susana, move next to me and let him take your spot!"

I discreetly made my way closer to him, curious to hear him play.

The transformation in Luke was almost magical.

At first, he sat uncomfortably under the scrutiny of young teenage girls as he quickly tuned the guitar by ear. As he began plucking out a simple melody, I watched his tension release and his awkwardness subside, and an unfamiliar smile grew on his face as his playing of the guitar improved.

Luke's smile was confident.

All of us, even including the Coleman fan club maids in the room, stood enraptured with his performance as his fingers flew across the guitar, playing complicated renditions of popular songs. The girls sitting near him on the sofas were squealing with delight.

Then, his song slowed from its upbeat pace into something softer.

"Oh, I love this song," whispered Helen, placing a hand on her heart.

"What is it?" I asked.

"When Our Eyes Meet." She smiled contently. "It's an Areganan folk song. A love song."

His fingers moved gracefully across the instrument, but his excellent playing was immediately overshadowed by an unexpected turn of events.

Luke started singing.

And I suddenly couldn't breathe.

Luke's voice was heavenly, far surpassing the auto tuned voices of boyband members. My heart must have been dropped off at a trampoline park with all its irregular beating and jumping around.

His voice carried the lovely words of the song.

"When our eyes meet, I look away,

For eyes are the windows to the soul they say,

And if you look through mine, they will convey,

The feelings that I am too scared to say,

For I am young with a fragile heart,

Rejection cuts deep I can't restart,

I know not how you feel for me,

Or if your heart stirs when we meet."

Throughout the song, Luke had casually looked around at his teenage audience, causing their little hearts to swoon, but suddenly he looked past them all. Luke was looking at me in such a way that I could not discount it as a casual glance to another audience member. His golden brown eyes locked with mine, and the words continued.

"So when we lock our gaze, all else fades to a haze. My feelings are displayed, so when our eyes meet...I look away."

The words ended, and he looked down at his guitar to finish up his song, but I was too stunned to hear the rest, my heart too restless to focus on anything.

He sang the song for me. I just knew it. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3.2K 128 29
She moved his messy hair out of his face and said, "But, I love you...and I don't care what anyone thinks." COLLAB w/ @PreciousDobrik
8.2K 875 199
Sometimes life doesn't go like you plan. Kaya knows that better than most. It's why she ran to the city. It's why she can't afford romance. Kaya woul...
891K 25.1K 42
Malia, a poor girl who worked as a maid in a palace to get enough money to help her sick mother and support herself and her sister...... then she mee...
177K 3.4K 43
𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 The billionaires daughter's dreams and fantasies of marrying for love crushed within a second as she finds herself helping...