'The Only Exception' - a Lirr...

By lakeisha-michelle

Liam Payne is gay. He's known it for as long as he can remember. But he will never fall in love. He promised... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors Note :) <3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Must Read.. <3
I'M BACK!! <3
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
What do you guys think? <3
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
SO SORRY!! :( <3
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
~
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue
HELP!! (i edited and included my email address)
Help plz

Chapter 1

12.6K 82 15
By lakeisha-michelle

LIAM!! GET UP!! YOUR GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL'

I snuggled down deeper into my blankets. It's too warm to get up and I'm too tired. I knew I shouldn't have stayed up so late. I guess I must have fallen back to sleep because 20 minutes later I felt the covers being ripped off my body. 

'LIAM JAMES PAYNE!! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED NOW!!' my mum yelled at me before stepping over my blanket and storming out of the room. I quickly got up and walked into the bathroom to have a shower and brush my teeth before I pulled a pair of blue skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt and my favourite Jack Wills hoodie. I styled my hair carefully before I slowly made my way downstairs to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I opened the fridge to get the milk out for cereal. Argh just my luck. Out of milk again!! Why must life be so god damn difficult. Wait now I sound heaps shallow. Meh guess ill just get Lou to take me through McDonalds drive through on the way to school. I walked into the lounge room to get my red converse that I had accidently left there the night before, and saw my mum sitting there drinking a cup of coffee. 

'Bout time you got up' she mumbled before taking a sip of her drink. 

'Well next time, think of a better way to get me up, rather than screaming up the stairs then ripping the blanket off me' I snapped back at her. I'm not a morning person and mum's actions earlier had made it worse. And the fact that me and my mum don’t have the best relationship in the world probably didn’t help either. I try, I really do. But she's just so difficult!!!! 

'Don’t give me that tone young man!! Get to school before you late!' she said before storming up to her room. Meh! I picked my bag in the hallway and started walking to Louis'. Louis is one of my best friends along with Niall and Zayn. They're the only people who know about my…. Sexuality. You see I'm gay. Iv known it forever. But they're the only people who I trust enough to tell and I know they will never judge me. Its kinda hard for them to judge considering they're all bi. But none of them have been with guys before. Come to think of it neither have I. Heck I've never even had my first kiss. I know I'm in year 12 and never been kissed. Makes me think of that movie, 40 year old virgin. Yer cheesy I know.

Before I know it I'm walking up Louis' driveway. I raise my hand to knock knowing full well that I wont get the chance to. 

'LEEEEAAAAHHMMM' he yells to me ripping open the door in only his boxers but I'm used to it now. Hell iv seen him naked for crying out loud. 

'Hey Lou' I say stepping inside his apartment. Yer you heard right. He has is own apartment. I am so JELLY!!! But then again I would get lonely. I would much rather live with someone. Hmm maybe I could move in with Louis. He does have that extra room. I might have to talk to him about that. 

'Let me guess, your mum was being a bitch again this morning?' Louis asked recognising the look on my face as he disappeared into his room to get changed. 

'Yeah. This time she ripped the covers off again and expected me to be happy about it' I ranted. Louis always knew what to say when I'm like this. I've always been closer to Lou than the other boys and at one point I even had a crush on him but I promised my self all those years ago, when I was just 13, that I would never fall in love. All that came out of it was heartbreak. 

'So Lou. I was thinking. You know how you have that spare room? The one that never ever gets used?' I asked thinking out loud.

'Yer' he said as he walked out pulling his signature striped shirt over his head.

'Would it be so bad if I moved in with you? I mean I could get a job and help pay the rent and everything…' I explained but was cut short as Louis threw a pillow at me. Always the joker. That’s what I love about him.

'Liam you idiot I'd love that' he yelled in my year as he tackled me to the lounge. 

'Lou. Cant. Breathe. Get. Off. Me' I managed to choke out before he rolled off me onto the floor. I couldn’t help but laugh at his expression. 

'Have you asked your mum about it?' he asked, giving me a curious glance. I gave him THE LOOK. You know the look that says did you seriously just ask that. The look that’s says you freaking idiot. Yer that look.

'Louis, mum isn't gonna know till I'm walking out the door with my stuff' I explained to him. Was it seriously not that obvious that mum would never allow that.

'True. You had breakfast? I can make you some toast if you want' he asked as he walked into the kitchen.

'Nah I was gonna get you to drive through McDonalds drive through on the way to school' I called out as I followed him into the kitchen. As soon as he heard the word McDonalds he stopped in his tracks and started making 'Beeping' noises as he 'reversed'. 

'I take it you want McDonalds too?' I ask him with a laugh. He gave me THE LOOK as he pulled on his jacket and slipped on his TOMS.

'Do you seriously have to ask Liam' he says giving me attitude. I just laugh as I pick my school bag up off the floor before heading out the door to his car to pick up Niall and Zayn before heading to McDonalds. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Heyy man' I heard an Irish voice say as he slipped into the back of Louis' car.

'HEYY ITS MY LITTLE LEPERACHAUN' I shout making him giggle like a school girls. Yeah he's cute. 

'God Liam your such an Idiot!' he shot back laughing his head off now. 

'TO ZAYNS!!' Louis yelled before driving off. I turned up the radio and the first few beats to Justin Beibers song, boyfriend, played through the speakers.

'OMG TURN IT UP THIS IS MY JAM' Niall yelled in my ear. Me and Lou rolled our eyes at Niall's exitedness but turned it up for him anyway. He began belting out the words and soon enough me and Lou joined him.

 If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go

 I can take you places you ain’t never been before

 Baby take a chance or you’ll never ever know

 I got money in my hands that I’d really like to blow

 Swag swag swag, on you

 Chillin by the fire why we eatin’ fondue

 I dunno about me but I know about you

 So say hello to falsetto in three two

 swag

 I’d like to be everything you want

 Hey girl, let me talk to you

[ If I was your boyfriend, never let you go

 Keep you on my arm girl, you’d never be alone

 I can be a gentleman, anything you want

 If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I’d never let you go

 Tell me what you like yeah tell me what you don’t

 I could be your Buzz Lightyear fly across the globe

 I don’t never wanna fight yeah, you already know

 I am ‘ma a make you shine bright like you’re laying in the snow

 Burr

 Girlfriend, girlfriend, you could be my girlfriend

 You could be my girlfriend until the ---- world ends

 Make you dance do a spin and a twirl and

 Voice goin crazy on this hook like a whirl wind

 Swaggie

 I’d like to be everything you want

 Hey girl, let me talk to you

 If I was your boyfriend, never let you go

 Keep you on my arm girl you’d never be alone

 I can be a gentleman, anything you want

 If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I’d never let you go

 So give me a chance, ‘cause you’re all I need girl

 Spend a week wit your boy I’ll be calling you my girlfriend

 If I was your man, I’d never leave you girl

 I just want to love you, and treat you right

 If I was your boyfriend, never let you go

 Keep you on my arm girl you’d never be alone

 I can be a gentleman, anything you want

 If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, never let you go

Na na na, na na na, na na na

 Ya girl

 Na na na, na na na, na na na ey

If I was your boyfriend

'OMG HES SO FUCKING… eh I mean freaking amazing' Niall mumbled that last part knowing full well that I hate that word. 

'It's okay Nialler. I don’t mind. I know you like him a lot and I really cant blame you. He's sexy' I admitted to them both. Niall grinned at me 

'I know' he said with a smug look on his face whereas Louis had a look of shock on his face. But his expression quickly changed.

'Yeah Justin is sexy but he is not as sexy as THE TOMMO!' he yelled grinning like mad.

'Oh god Louis. And this is why we love you so much' Niall laughed as we pulled up in Zayns drive-way.

'ZAYN, you just missed rocking out to Boyfriend and then Liam admitted that Justin is sexy and then Louis said he's sexy but not as sexy as 'THE TOMMO'' Niall gushed out in one breath. Zayn just shook his head. 

'Justin is no-where near as hot as Ian Somerhalder' he said with a laugh. Niall almost fainted.

'He is the only reason I watch The Vampire Diaries. And the guy who plays Jeremy is pretty smexxy too' he shamelessly admitted winking at us. 

'Okay Niall enough drooling. We're going to McDonalds. Do you guys want anything?' I piped up  before Zayn and Niall got into another one of their heated conversations about who was hotter. 

'Liam you have known me for 5 years. Do you seriously have to ask me that??' Niall rolled his eyes at me. 

'Your right. 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins and 2 hash browns right?' I asked already knowing his answer.

'Yep' he said popping the 'p'. 'Ill also get a…'

'let me guess medium coke?' I asked smirking at myself.

'Yer' he mumbled to himself obviously embarrassed that I knew his McDonalds order by heart. I laughed.

'Its okay Niall. I'm pretty sure McDonalds knows your order by now. You want anything Zayn?' I asked, earning myself a playful glare from Niall.

'ill just get a large coke. I had breakfast this morning' he replied as he pulled out his phone. As he looked at the screen I saw him smile and blush. It’s a girl. Or a boy. But either way he liked this person. Ill ask him about it at school. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we had pulled through drive-through, I looked at my watch and saw we had 5 minutes to get to school and it was a 10 minute drive if we rushed it.

'Lou your gonna have to step on it' I said as I showed him my watch.

'Shit' he mumbled to himself before speeding up slightly so that he was just over the speed limit but not far enough over it to get caught. The school thinks we're all cousins so only one note is necessary to get us out of trouble and keep them from calling parents. I quickly wrote a not and got Lou to forge his mums signature. I know its wrong but it’s the only option we've got right now.   

We pulled up at school and got out of the car just in time to see a tall boy with curl hair running up the stairs to the school. I could tell, even from a distance that he was hot. If only I could figure out his name…. SNAP OUT OF IT LIAM!! Remember your promise to yourself. You cant fall in love. It will only end in heartbreak. But that didn’t stop me wishing. All of a sudden he turned around and flashed me a cheeky grin. WOW! I have never seen anybody make dimples look so freaking sexy!! Aren't dimples supposed to be cute and for little kids?? Apparently not. Wait why is he walking over here?? My breath hitched on my throat and I stiffened. 

'Hay boys. I'm new here and I'm a little lost. Can I get some help?? My names Harry by the way. Harry Styles' he said all in one breath.

'Yer ill help you' I said without thinking. 'where are you supposed to be now?' I asked him

'Ummm rollcall with Mrs Bristow' he replied looking at his timetable. His unruly curls flopped down onto his forehead and he pushed them back with a grin.

'Ohkay then follow me. Iv got her too' I replied with a grin. This was gonna be interesting. 

We walked up the stairs and down the halls when he suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked at me confused.

'You know I never caught your name' he questioned. I thought back to our conversation in the car park but came up blank. 

'That’s because I never threw it. Liam. Liam Payne' I said extending my hand. He chuckled slightly a my response but took my hand and shook it anyway. 

'Well than LIAM Payne, we better get to class before we get in trouble' he said grinning cheekily at me. My breath hitched in my throat. My name coming out of his mouth was the sexiest thing I had ever heard. I started blushing when I looked up and realised he was halfway down the hall and was looking back at me with a confused expression on his face. 

'You coming Payne?' he asked. 

'Yer coming!' I yelled back and practically skipped down the hall to meet up with him. Oh no. I am in serious trouble. I cant fall in love with him!! First of all because I barely know the guy. Second because there's a 90% chance that this guy is straight. The odds are definitely not in my favour. And not only that but I have to keep my promise to myself. No body knows about the promise and no body knows what happened that day, not even the boys, and I don’t plan on them finding out anytime soon. Sure they know my parents split up but they really have no clue why it was so traumatic for me. I think they just thought I was heaps sensitive or something cuz they never asked me about it and I never brought it up. And I don’t plan on bringing it up.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone vibrated in my pocket telling me I had a text. I pulled my phone out and opened the message.

From; Nialler

Whoa dude where did you go? You just disappeared and we cant find you anywhere?

Aww he's worried about me. Then again he's always worried about one of us. He's almost as bad as Zayns mum. And that’s saying something. He wasn’t allowed to come over to my house until his mum and my mum went out for coffee and got to know each other. What kind of parent does that? Other than Zayns parents. 

To; Nialler

I'm fine. Just walking Harry to class. He's really nice. Mind if he sits with us at lunch??

Probably not the best idea but then again my ideas are never the best. But it would give me more time to get to know him. 

We walked into class and started getting lectured on how we should always be on time to every class even if its just RollCall. Then she noticed who was standing next to me. A new kid. She blushed a deep red and mumbled for us to sit down and to be more careful next time. I sat down in one of the 2 available seats and Harry sat in the other. Only problem is he's over the other side of the room. 

Niall didn’t text back for a good 5 minutes. Guess he was being lectured. Meh! When he did text back it read;

From; Nialler

Yer man that would be awesome. He seems like a really nice dude. You wouldn’t happen to have  crush on him would you? ;)

Shit!! I ignored the text but I ripped a page out of one of my books and scribbled on it

Wanna sit with me and the boys at lunch?? And what do you have next? Before scrunching it in a ball and throwing it at the back of his head. He turned and glared at me but his expression softened when he saw who it was. I pointed to the ball of paper on the floor and he raised an eyebrow at me before grinning and picking up the ball of paper. He read it and quickly scribbled is answer before scrunching it back up and throwing it at me. I opened it up and saw his number and the words 

Text me its less obvious. I honestly didn’t think of that. I nodded at him and pulled out my phone. I made a new contact and opened a new message.

To; Harry

So wanna sit with us? And what do you have next?

Within a minute I had an answer. 

From; Harry

Yer sure I would love that. And I have Science with Mr Merrick :)

I smiled. YES!! I have class with him next too. 

To; Harry

Ohkay good. I have that class too :)

Again I had and answer within a minute. God he's a fast typer. None of the boys answer me that fast. I opened the text and smiled

From; Harry

Oh thank god. I'm so glad I have a friend!!! Hahaha ill meet you outside after class :) x

Whoa. What did that 'x' mean? I mean sure it made my stomach feel like it had just joined the cheerleading team, that or butterfly's were having a rave party in my stomach, but I thought he was straight? Or maybe he's bi like the other boys? I don’t feel comfortable asking him about it. I mean iv known him for like half an hour. All ask him once I get to know him better. Wait does that mean I plan on getting to know him better? I guess. But I wont fall in love I wont let myself. That’s final. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy guys :) this is my first fanfic so bare with me. im not gonna promise days for updates because i dont know whether i'll be able to but please feedback would be awesome :)

Comment

Fan

Vote 

Thanks babes 

- Lakeisha <3 xoxoxox

Continue Reading