Full Speed Ahead (AQMA Sequel)

By Claireaabell

You must read "A Quarter Mile Away" before reading "Full Speed Ahead." This is the second instalment (sequel... More

Welcome - Please read
Full Speed Ahead - Soundtrack
Prologue
1 - Rest Of My Life
2 - We Don't Talk Anymore
3 - Heavy
4 - Apologize
5 - Secrets
6 - Perfect
7 - Take Care
8 - It's Not Over
9 - Scars To Your Beautiful
10 - Run The World
11 - I Hate You, I Love You
12 - Don't Stop The Music
13 - Get Low
14 - Mercy
15 - Incomplete
16 - Losing My Way
17 - Moving Mountains
18 - 2U
Thank you!
19 - Stay
20 - Friends
21 - No Promises
22 - When Love Takes Over
23 - Blame
24 - You Are The Reason
25 - Breathing
26 - Mic Drop
27 - Don't Hold Your Breath
28 - Stronger
29 - Rolling In The Deep
30 - Ready or Not
31 - By Your Side
32 - To The Moon & Back
33 - Mama
34 - Unconditionally
35 - Sun Comes Up
36 - Bring Me Back To Life
37 - Anywhere
39 - Titanium
40 - We Own It
41 - Bad Blood
42 - Mirror
43 - Lighthouse
44 - Rise
45 - Gone
46 - Skyscraper
47 - The Fighter
48 - Praying
49 - Rehab
50 - Natural
51 - How Deep Is Your Love
52 - Keep Holding On
53 - Game Of Survival
54 - Where's My Love
55 - Pray (Empty Gun)
56 - Fighter
57 - Say You Wont Let Go
58 - Who Knew
59 - I Wont Give Up
Epilogue
I Need Your Help... Updated With Correct Info. SORRY!!

38 - History

34.8K 1.5K 150
By Claireaabell

* * *

"You can do this." Jaxon whispered in my ear.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I tried to control my breathing. I placed a hand on chest but nothing was working, panic started to kick in. I looked into Jaxon's eyes as I felt him grab both of my hands and squeeze them.

"After everything he has done, it's time to make him pay. You. Can. Do. This." He spoke softly.

He placed both palms on either side of my face before lifting my head lightly to give me a peck on the lips. I smiled weakly at him before nodding in agreement. He grabbed onto my hand and together we walked into the police station. It's as if they all knew I was coming, as soon as we walked in we were both directed towards where my dad and Watson were.

Before I knew it, here I stood waiting on six men to walk through in the room directly in front of me. My eyes immediately moved towards the door as it opened slowly and one by one, they started to walk in. My entire body felt his presence before he even looked ahead, there he stood holding the number four. As they all turned to face the front, I practically felt his eyes land directly on me. I could feel his eyes practically burning through me, the longer he stared, the more nervous I was getting.

"Don't let them intimidate you. It's a mirror glass, they can't see through it."

"I feel like he's literally staring right into my eyes. It's freaking me out." I said, panic evident in my tone as I ignored Watson's comment.

I turned around to look at Jaxon and my dad, "I just need a second." I whispered.

My dad took a step forward and placed both hands into my shoulders, "It's scary. I know. But, you are one of the strongest women I know. If anyone can get through this, it's you, my beautiful girl." He whispered before giving me a quick hug.

I let out a sigh as I nodded, turning to face the line up again.

"Avery, can you clearly identify Noah Daniels?" Watson asked.

I bit onto my lip as Noah and I stared at each other, I could see his jawline clenching rapidly.

"Yes." I whispered.

"Please state the number to make it official."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, I knew I could easily let him go by giving out another number and I would be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me who wanted to do that. I knew what I had to do, I promised I would face my fears and it all started with him.

"Four."

* * *

I closed my eyes in relief as soon as my head reached Jaxon's car seat. After the line up, I had to fill out some forms or whatever which my poor dad ended up reading on my behalf. Now I was on my way home and after tonight's events, I couldn't wait to take my makeup off and put my pjs on. As soon as we arrived I insisted on Jaxon coming in for tea, seeming as though our date was cut short.

"Hey lovers." Isaac greeted as I opened the door.

We both walked into the kitchen and sat at a chair with a sigh.

"Synchronised sighs? The date was that great?" Isaac asked causing Jaxon and I to chuckle.

"We had to go to the station." Jaxon spoke out as he grabbed a hold onto my hand.

"The station?! For what?" Isaac asked in panic.

"They got him. I had to do a line up." I responded, my heart sinking slowly as I registered what I had done.

"Noah?! How the hell did they find him?" Isaac asked as he sat down, disbelief written all over his face. I simply shrugged cause I didn't have the energy to question it either.

"Why did they get you to ID though? You aren't pressing charges?" Isaac asked in confusion.

"She's the only one who has a connection between him and that night. No one else was there so her line up was important." Jaxon responded as he leaned back against his chair.

My eyes moved from Jaxon to Isaac who looked like a deer in headlights. I slightly nudged my heads towards Jaxon as my eyes focused on Isaac who was now staring at me.

"What's wrong?" Jaxon asked.

My eyes turned to look at Jaxon who was staring at me.

I smiled before shaking my head, "Nothing." I responded.

Jaxon leaned forward to give me a quick peck on the lips, "I should get going home."

As Jaxon and I were about to get up from our seats Isaac's voice interrupted us.

"Wait."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I sat back down.

Jaxon looked at me before looking back at Isaac, "What's up?"

"I need to tell you something about that night of the accident."

"What about it?" Jaxon asked, eyebrows creased in confusion.

"Noah wasn't the only one there that night."

* * *

I looked down at Jaxon's fingers as I held onto them, we were currently on our way to the shops and he's been quiet the entire time. I wanted to ask him how he was feeling from last Saturday night but I had Alena in the back and some things she didn't need to hear. It's been just over a week and we haven't spoken about it at all. It's been the most awkward first week of holidays with them not talking to each other. Hell, I didn't even know where I stood with him.

F L A S H  B A C K

"You were there?!" Jaxon asked as he clenched his jaw in anger.

Isaac lowered his head in shame as he nodded.

"And you never fucking told me?!" Jaxon yelled through gritted teeth.

"How do I bring something like that up, man?! It's been eating at me from the moment I found out. I didn't know how to tell you!" Isaac said, his tone mixed with anger and panic.

"Avery?"

E N D  F L A S H B A C K

I blinked away the memory of last Saturday's argument as I heard my name being called out. I looked out the window and saw Alena looking at me in concern.

"You be good. Okay?" I said.

Alena smiled showing tiny dimples before nodding her head and waving at us, as she walked up towards Penelope's house.

"We'll pick you up in a few hours." I called out, smiling when she turned to nod and wave at me. My eyes lingered on Alena until she was out of sight, before my eyes moved towards Jaxon who was already looking at me.

"I'm fine by the way. I can practically feel your concern from here." He said as he drove off from Penelope's house. I bit onto my lower lip as I debated about whether I should bring up the subject or not. I kept silent for most of the trip to the shopping centre.

"Are you mad that I didn't tell you?" I asked, guilt evident in my tone.

He didn't respond as he reverse parked into a space.

"I'm not mad at you babe. I know what it's like to have a secret that's not yours to tell. I put Isaac in the exact same position." He said as he turned to face me.

"You're not mad at me?" I asked, confusion written on my face.

He leaned over to place a strand of hair behind my left ear, "No. I don't think I'm completely mad at Isaac either, I understand what position he was put in. I'm just hurt that he didn't think our friendship was strong enough to get through this truth. I just need a few days to clear my head." He said before letting out a sigh and looking around.

We held hands as we walked around from shop to shop, I had no intention of buying anything but it felt good to do something normal and just the two of us. Jaxon found a store he wanted to go in to buy some winter clothing, I found myself aimlessly flicking through the women clothing. My breath caught in my throat when I recognised Brittany's friends in the accessories isle whispering vigorously at each other. Curiosity killed the cat as I found myself slowly walking towards them.

"Did you hear?!"

"What?"

"Brittany."

"What about her?"

My hands stopped as I heard the girls whisper to my right, I couldn't see who was saying what because the clothing rack in front of me blocked my view. However, I didn't want to make too much movement because I didn't want them to know I had been eavesdropping.

"Her parents shipped her off to rehab."

"Can't say I'm surprised."

With that said I heard their conversation dim as they walked away. When I looked over I saw one of the girls stop to look at her phone. I took the opportunity to jog up to her, hoping she was the one who had the information I needed.

"Hey, Whitney!" I called out.

"Hey! How's the holidays treating you?" She asked as she smiled at me.

"Good, can't complaint. Hey listen, I couldn't help but overhear about Brittany." I said.

Whitney rolled her eyes as she let out a huff, "Can't believe she would get involved in drugs. All because of a guy! I warned her. He was no good for her."

"What guy?" I asked.

Whitney shrugged her shoulders, "Some guy from out of town. Her parents found out, no surprise there. But, they gave her an ultimatum; get help or get cut out of the will."

"Do you know which rehab she's in?" I asked.

"Yeah of course. I'll write it down for you."

I almost felt bad for Brittany that her own friends were so quick to gossip about her situation. I also knew where she was coming from. I also had a feeling that "this guy" was Noah. My gut was telling me it was him and so far, my gut feeling had been pretty spot on lately.

My mind was pretty much preoccupied, I almost forgot I had Jaxon only a few feet away now trying out coats. I walked over to him as he looked into the mirror, but I kept thinking about Brittany's situation which seemed to bug me more than normal. My phone beeped interrupting my thoughts, I looked down to see who it was.

Mon, July 04, 02:56PM
Nikki: Hey, we're all here. Waiting for you at Grill'd

It had slipped my mind that I had agreed to have lunch with the guys today. We had all planned to meet at grill'd today to catch up but with the news about Brittany, my mind seemed elsewhere. After Jaxon made his purchase we made our way towards Grill'd. Once we ordered our food we were all sitting down talking about anything and everything, there were several conversations happening. Nikki and I had been talking about her and Isaac until Brittany's friends walked in to order food. My eyes involuntarily moved towards them which made Nikki turn, domino effect. My eyes lingered onto them as the guys began talking again, the conversation didn't grab me until I heard Brittany's name.

"Why aren't you happy about it? I am!" Laura squealed out as she looked at me.

"Happy about what?" I asked in confusion.

"About Brittany. Bitch finally got what she deserved." Michelle huffed out.

"Karma." Peter added as they all laughed

"It's not right to laugh, regardless of how cruel she's been to us. Trust me when I say, a drug problem is not a laughing matter." I spoke out as I finished drinking my juice.

I could see the realisation sinking in as they all began to remember that I too once had a problem and of course the issue with my Mum. Several months ago I would have had to put on a facade, this time around they knew all about my flaws and mistakes.

"I'm so sorry."

"Our bad babes."

"Totally forgot girl."

They all apologised in their own way. I smiled lightly at them as I shook my head, "Don't feel bad guys. It's totally fine."

My eyes moved to meet Jaxon's who was already looking at me with worry as he sat across from me quietly. He reached over to grab my hand, squeezing lightly for reassurance for me. Thankfully the conversation moved to what everyone had been doing in the first week of the holidays. My body had calmed down, I hadn't realised that I had tensed it up until now when I felt relaxed again. After lunch we said our goodbyes as Jaxon and I walked hand in hand back to his car. I knew my mind was preoccupied but I couldn't help it. Brittany was stuck on my mind.

"Are you okay? You've been quiet since lunch." Jaxon asked as soon as we sat inside of his car.

"I think I'm going to go see her." I said the words before I could stop them. I knew this was something I had to do. I needed to see her.

* * *

A/N: Sorry I'm late! I had stuffed up on the dates and had to rewrite this chapter. Took longer than I anticipated! But hopefully the wait was worth it and you enjoy it!

Next Chapter: Avery has a breakthrough in life and it all involves Brittany and Noah. What does Avery hear that finally pushes her over the edge?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 108 4
Inanimate Insanity Preschool is an ask-blog/story about the wacky misadventures and stories from the contestants of Inanimate Insanity (and other obj...
642K 11.6K 32
(COMPLETED) Under editing "Ah.... it's me Lady Artemis, Percy? You know, that guy who held up the sky for you so that you can kick Atlas' ass? That g...
1K 155 30
Marcus and Lyla are perfect strangers both approaching the beginning of their senior year at Clark High School. Until a horrifying disaster happens t...
109K 2.2K 70
Izuku Midoriya is a young quirkless boy with desires to become a hero even though everyone treats him less then dirt. This changes when Izuku saves a...