A Certain Magical Fate. Book...

By MisakaLovesYou

Academy City. An independently governed City 30 years ahead of the future in science and technology, land loc... More

Prologue: My Fate is Solitude
Saber
Caster.
All the Misfortune in the World.
Unknown Heroine X
Meltdowner
Rider
The Accelerator And the Ruler.
Family Reunions
Shirou and Mikoto.
Dark Matter and Berserker
In Spirit and In Health
Saber Railgun
The Number Six, Heat Seeker
Beginning Strike.
Draco.. Dragon of Starlight
The Knight of Rebellion.
Saber Lily.
Epilogue: Forging a New Life.

Experiment 23

1.9K 58 45
By MisakaLovesYou

"SHEEEN SHEEEN SHEEEN!!" Multiple Meltdowner beams blasted at Saber, creating shockwaves of wind from the force of firing.. as Saber dashed to and fro, avoiding each and every attack best she could, while deflecting the beams that came too close with her sword.

Saber leaped into the sky overhead, her back against the moon as she raised her blade, charging it with holy purging light. "EXCALIBURRRR!!"

A giant powerful light exploded down upon Mugino, who slashed a hand out, and fired several beams into each other, combining them into one giant Meltdowner beam, which collided with Saber's attack, creating a midair explosion of incredible light. 

Saber stabbed the tip of her sword through the giant beam.. and cleaved her way downwards.. the beam splitting around her blade.. 

"PERISH BY MY BLADE!!" Saber screamed as she sent the blade stabbing towards Mugino's chest.

"MUGINO!!!" Saiai moved in and pushed Mugino out of the way, a powerful surge of wind like a shell wrapping around Saiai..

Saiai's ability deflected Saber's blade.. and Saber was forced to somersault back and land a large distance away.

"Such incredible physical agility.. no AIM Field to detect." said Mugino. "A sword that can deflect my attacks.. She's no esper.. she's something new.."

Saber launched herself to Mugino's right, her eyes flashing with a determined will. She hurled out a one handed slash.. creating a powerful shockwave at light that slashed towards Mugino.

Mugino and Saiai ducked under the slashing light.. and behind them.. an entire skyscraper split clean in half... the top half of the building falling down with a tremendous crash. 

The wind and dust blew past Mugino from behind, causing her to shield her face slightly as Saber used the distraction to dash in close.

"Don't think.. that you have nearly enough combat experience.. TO DANCE WITH ME!!" Saber roared, as she sent a cleaving blow toward's Mugino's neck. "DIE!!"

"KAAAZZEEEN!!" Several Meltdowner sphereds appeared in between Mugino's neck and Saber's blade.. repelling it with an energy surge.

"LITTLE PRICK!!!!" Mugino roared, thrusting out a hand, and sending a powerful barrage of beams from above.

"Damn it all!!" Saber stammered as she was forced to dash back, ducking and weaving between the beams..

"KAAASSSSSSZZZZHH!!" Saber suddenly let out a scream, as one of the beams grazed her leg, and a sizzling gash appeared there.. bleeding profusely.

"Heheheh.. how does it feel?" said Meltdowner, grinning violently.

"I'd ask you the same question." said Saber, grinning back.

Mugino suddenly felt blood spew out over her bottom lip.. and she doubled over, clutching her gut. "Wh.. when did she?"

Mugino's eyes widened as she remembered a strange impact as Saber had been leaping back.. she had hit her in the gut with a punch as she was dodging!

"That much damage to my internal body in one punch!?" stammered Mugino. "And with a punch at lesser power due to having to jump back at the same time... this amount of physical muscle power shouldn't be possible for a human being.. especially not one of your build!!"

"A build can be misleading.. Even before I gained these physical powers.. I used to wear 50 kilograms of armor every day.. Though somehow despite this I retain a delicate female appearance.. which was rather disheartening to me.. as I wished to have the build of a man so I would appear a proper king.."

"A proper king? What kind of nonsense are you spewing?" muttered Mugino.

"She's SUPER crazy.. and SUPER strong.." said Saiai. "That's all I know now."

Saber pointed her sword at Mugino. "I have slain dragons with far more drive than you.. I won't be humiliated by meeting defeat to a simple Masterless Mercenary!! A knight without an ounce of loyalty is not worthy of her sword!!"

"Like I'd want to become a stupid fairy tale person who wears a bucket over their head!" roared Mugino. "DIE YOU DELUSIONAL FAIRY PRINCESS!!"

Mugino hurled her Meltdowner beams into the giant sky scraper right behind Saber.. slashing it's foundations to pieces with her cutting beams. 

Saber looked up, her eyes widening as an entire building toppled on top of her with a tremendous crash.. 

A dust cloud swirled around the area as Mugino laughed.

"HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!? HEROINE X!!?"

"Jeez.. she's lost it again.." muttered Shiage as he watched from the van. 

"Typical Mugino-san." said Rikou

"KAAAABOOOOMMMMMM!!" Suddenly, a towering golden light blasted out from the rubble.. and Saber emerged... her hat flying off into the wind as she landed in front of Mugino..

There was blood staining her jacket, and trickling down from her forehead, as she gasped from her injuries. 

"Sh-she survived!?" said Saiai. "What IS she made of!?"

Saber turned away and immediately dashed to the lab building.. slashing the front door apart and running in.

"Damn it! She's making a break for it!!" Mugino roared. "Saiai.. stay here.. she's mine.. keep an eye on all the entrances, make sure she doesn't make it out of here!"

Mugino ran in after Saber.

Meanwhile, Saber was dashing down the stairs of the lab.. gritting her teeth furiously. "I don't like running... to surrender in such a way.. how dishonorable!"

"A Level 5 esper is no joke." said Caster through Saber's earwig. "If you try to beat her head on, not only will you be forced to reveal yourself, but you might just get seriously injured doing it.. and then how would you complete your mission in that state?"

"And she's only ranked four.. one below Mikoto.." said Saber. "To imagine Mikoto possesses such immense power as well.. if I could train her.. perhaps... "

"Focus on the mission at hand.. " said Caster. "You've got company."

Sure enough.. the ceiling exploded in front of Saber.. as Meltdowner Beams rained down.. and wires and burnt circuitry fell to the floor as The Meltdowner herself emerged from the smoke, grinning with a crazed killing desire. 

Saber looked around... she was on the bottom floor.. and a large bunker lab door with multiple locking mechanisms marked Experiment 23 was straight ahead.

"Out of my way.." Saber growled. "NOW!!"

"Try and make me!" Mugino snapped.

"VERY WELL!" Saber roared. "THE BREATH OF THE PLANET!! THE TORRENT OF LIFE SHINES!! TAKE THIS.. EXCAAALIBURRRRRRRRRR!!!"

Saber hurled forth her most powerful attack, it's massive giant explosive light raging forth.. burning the metal around it.

"GRAAAAHHHHHH!!" Mugino screamed as she connected her beams and created a large energy shield in front of herself.. blocking the blast...

The shield struggled against the magic blast, as both female fighters screamed.. struggling with all their might. 

The explosion dissipated.. and when the dust cleared.. Saber  and Mugino were both on one knee.. exhausted. 

"That settles it.. either this is the Renaissance fair and nobody told me.. or you're not an ordinary human.." said Meltdowner.. "Hell you're not even an esper..  what are you?.. wh.. what..?

Meltdowner didn't finish her question.. she fell down face first.. 

"You're alive.. " said Saber. "Consider my sparing of your life a rare mercy.."

Saber walked over to the bunker door and stabbed into it with her blade. prying it open beneath the cracks in the door..

With a huge wrenching of metal.. Saber wriggled her way into the room beyond..

"Wh.. what is this!?" Saber stammered as she looked at the contents of the room.. 

"SSHHHEEEENNN!!" Saber barely stepped aside in time as a Meltdowner beam barely missed her head.

"She's still not down!?" Saber stammered, looking back at Mugino.

"I.. ain't.. gonna go.. down.." gasped Mugino, staggering back to her feet. 

"Stop.. now!" Saber said. "This isn't the time to fight!!"

"Like hell it is-" Mugino began, before freezing and then staring with an open jaw. "What.. the.. fucking.. hell?"

It was a massive lab room.. filled with operating table.. operating tables with dead girls that all looked like Mikoto Misaka.. 

All of them had their bodies cut open.. with various tools and scalpels littered on smaller tables next to them.. and lights over them.. their organs placed in various containers.

Saber felt like she wanted to vomit. What was this?

"these are.. the Sister Clones.." muttered Mugino. 

"Sisters?" said Saber.

"There was an old project.. Radio Noise, where they created 20,000 clones of Railgun in an attempt to replicate her power.. it failed.. the best produced were Level 2 to 3.. 10,000 of them were killed in another experiment involving Accelerator, the Number One Level 5.. around 10,000 remained." said Mugino. "Have.. they been pulling these people off the streets?!"

"Experimenting on them.. for what reason?" Saber whispered. 

"it.. hurts.."

Saber watched with utter horror as a Sister.. barely still alive looked up at her from an operating table, tearfully. "Must.. warn.. Big Sister.. tell.. her.."

"Tell her what?" Saber stammered. "What is it!?"

"They.. want to kill her next.. says Misaka.. as Misaka struggles.. with pain.." said the Sister. "Big.. Sister.. is final.. phase.. of... of.."

The Sister pointed nearby.. and went limp

The Sister said no more.. she was dead.

Saber looked up at where the Sister pointed.. it was a large metal tank marked "Experiment 23". 

She felt rage course through her.  So they wished to kill Mikoto to finish whatever that was.. after they had killed so many others.. this... this was.. an OUTRAGE..

Saber let out a scream of fury.. and in a burst of golden light.. she was once more clad in her armor and knight's clothing.. her hair once more in a braid. "I will not let such an ABOMINATION of acts go unpunished.. THIS ENDS HERE!!"

"Dang.." Muttered Mugino, staring at Saber's full Servant form. "I'd kill you now.. but this just peaked my curiosity."

Saber hurled Excalibur forward, and in a flash of movement, pried the metal tank apart.. prepared to destroy what was inside...

But what she saw, she was not prepared for.

Saber immediately dropped her Noble Phantasm. "This... cannot be.."

Staring down at Saber, her eyes slowly opening, was an absolute abomination.

It bore Mikoto's face and body.. however, it's eyes.. were inhuman.. completely black with white irises, and pale bone colored hair.. wearing a black jumpsuit.. but.. it wasn't the appearance that disconcerted Saber.

It was the fact that Saber could feel her mana.. it felt like Mikoto.. exactly like her, but it wasn't. What was this monster?

"Hmmm? I'm awake.." said Experiment 23, blinking.  "Oh? Are you a knight? I didn't think anybody dressed like that anymore.."

"You're... you.." Saber staggered back towards Mugino, who looked like she had been slapped in the face.

The voice of 23 was like that of a mental scream, with every word, the voice echoed like in a vast void.. and Saber felt her brain hurt with every syllable.. as if this thing was reaching into her mind.. 

"heheheheh.. Oh.. I can feel your fear.. it feels.. wonderful." said 23. "I do love making people scream. Only, you don't feel like a normal human or esper.. you're something different.. something higher on terms of existential planes.. how odd.. you appear human."

23 grinned maliciously, her face appearing twisted and cruel as opposed to the kind and brave face of Mikoto. "Can I make you scream? Ms. Knight?"

Saber gritted her teeth regaining her composure as she held out a hand, and Excalibur flew back into her hand. 

"Oh no you don't!" said 23 with a laugh, flicking a finger forward.

"KAAARREEEEEEEEEEEENNNN!!" Black Lightning bolts that sounded like the screams of tortured minds, blasted straight into Saber's chest, sending her slamming into Mugino. 

The two of them rolled into the hall.. gasping in pain, Saber's chest plate armor smoking from the blow.

Saber shakily made to get up.. but suddenly screamed as black lightning tore into her.. It wasn't just physical pain.. it felt  like the electricity was prying into very mind.. trying to split her apart.. turn her into a quivering pulp.

"So.. your name is Arturia, and you were King Arthur." said 23 casually as she continued to stroll towards the struggling and writhing Saber.  "You were made to live and pretend to be a man because apparently a proper king couldn't be a female in your tradition.. you were even enchanted to be a pseudo male by Merlin.. ooohh.. disturbing.. almost as disturbing as me... they even made a homunculus to be your heir.. Mordred was his.. no.. HER name.. and she betrayed you.. and now you're dead.. your kingdom's dead and..."

23 grinned widely like a snake. "Your Master is going to be VERY dead.. you'll have NOTHING left.. how delightful.."

"KAAAAAZZAAAMM!!!" suddenly the black lightning stopped as 23 was blasted face down by a powerful set of Meltdowner beams.

"Nobody kills that sword bitch but me." Mugino growled

"Oh.. dear.. " 23 stood up, scratching her absolutely uninjured back. "Feels funny."

"Oh.. that.. does not bode well." Mugino muttered, backing away. 

"HRRAAAAHHHHH!!!" Saber swung Excalibur's glowing blade and it's blade met 23's neck.. 

There was a clanging sound, and Saber felt her teeth rattle as the blade didn't even slightly cut 23's neck.

"So.. this is Excalibur.. in your mind it was so exalted.. but from my point of view.. it's just a big stupid stick." said 23, pushing the blade away with one finger. "Tsk tsk tsk.. "

"What are you!?" Saber stammered.

"I'm Mikoto Misaka!" said 23 craftily, now speaking in an exact representation of Mikoto's voice.

Frightened and disgusted at the same time, Saber screamed and sent a surging light down from her sword... 

The blast of incredible destructive power blasted through the ceiling of the hall, splitting the entire building in half as it ripped into the Night Sky.. blasting the clouds apart.

But when the smoke cleared and Mugino pushed aside the rubble.. she found herself looking at the center of a crater... where Saber was being held up by her throat.. 23 smirking as she held the gasping and struggling King of Knights.

"I can't wait.. to cut into your skin.." said 23 with an excited voice. 

"I.. can't die.. here.." Saber rasped. "I have to.. save her.."

Saber hovered in a dark shadow ..  as she hovered through the darkness.. a light peered out in front of her..

She reached for it.. but was unable to grasp it...

"I.. I can't save  her.. not like this.." Saber whispered, tears trickling down her face. "I.. Need to be stronger.. what kind of King can't protect his people?"

"Still seeing yourself as a man? How pitiful.. female beauty can bring such greatness to a King.." Another voice spoke out. "To a tyrant.. to those who rule over the weak.."

Saber blinked, and turned around to see a large dark mirror hanging before her. 

In the mirror.. was an exact replica of Saber.. however, her skin was paler.. her eyes were yellow.. her hair also pale.. and she wore a black dress.

Saber's double in the mirror smiled, her eyes glowing. "Let me handle this.. for now.."

"Ssssssss.." Dark shadows wrapped around Saber... as 23 stared with curiousity. "There's.. something else within you.. something is coming.. and I can't tell.. what.."

The shadows burst away... and when they disappeared, 23's expression changed from arrogant curiosity.. to blatant shock.  "What.. in the.."

(This is Saber Alter's character art for being a playable Commander character in Shadowverse)

Saber was now very pale skinned.. her eyes a regal yellow.. her expression colder, and more merciless.. her armor and clothes were black.. with red molten markings upon them.. with a far more sinister and dark tyrannical design. 

"Fool." said Saber Alter, as 23's grip failed to continue choking her. "Why have you not bowed before your king?"

"GRRRPP!!" Saber Alter grabbed 23 by the neck now, causing 23 to choke and let go, right before Saber Alter threw her around like a rag doll, sending her smashing into the earth with a powerful crash..

"This just keeps... getting WAY weirder.." Mugino muttered, leaning on a piece of rubble. 

Saber Alter drew out her sword, now Excalibur was a terrible black blade, glowing with a dark resonance..

"A king has no place for insubordination! A King has no need for the weak!" said Saber Alter as she approached 23. "You have sullied me with your existance vermin.. vermin that dares to cower before me...  I will bring pain down upon you... but know this.. it is an HONOR to die by my sword!"

"You just got a whole lot scarier it seems.." said 23, standing back up, rubbing her shoulder painfully. "HAHAHAH! I love it.. you look so COOL now!"

23 blinked.. and as soon as she did.. Saber Alter had disappeared. 

"Eh?" 23 muttered.

"KAAAAASHHEEEEN!!" The blade of the Black Excalibur suddenly appeared at the edge of her vision.

There was a shockwave as a blade cleaved into 23's side.. and blood spat out of her mouth.

"No.. fudge... ouch.." 23 gasped as she was sent smashing into the earth.. and a massive spire of dark energy surged into the clouds.. lighting up the air with it's evil aura. 

"For this cruelness.. do not expect me to beg for clemency!" roared Saber Alter. "Inferior scum!"

"heheheheh.." 23 stood back up, smirking. "I no longer see any care or love in your mind.. do you even remember why you were fighting me in the first place..?"

"To rule.. to rule all of heaven and Earth.. to submit all the puny mortals before me.." said Saber Alter. 

"Don't even remember your Master?"

"I have no master!" growled Saber Alter.

"What are you saying!? What about Mikoto!?"

Saber Alter blinked, that voice in her head.. what was that? Was it trickery from the telepathy of the abomination

But then, Saber Alter took a moment to think.. something.. something brought her here.. she was here for reason.. who was she there to save? Why would she deign to save anybody so beneath her?

"This isn't me.. I don't want this.. Tyranny is not the way of a King!"

Saber looked around the shadows frantically. She didn't want this.. this was a nightmare.. this was pain.. 

She made to turn to the mirror.. only to find, to her horror, that now SHE was the one inside the mirror.. and that horrid other self was outside.. 

How... ? How would she leave?.. 

"It's pretty easy isn't it? Leaving.." 

Next to Saber.. a boy around her age, with red hair, grinned at her..

"Sh..Shiroe?" Saber whispered.

"just kind of imagine a doorway.. ya know?" said the red haired boy, taking Saber's hand. 

Saber Alter grunted as she fell to her knees.. and the darkness swirled around her again.. There was a crack of thunder.. and in a brief moment.. the shadow around Saber tore away...

The normal Saber opened her eyes, gasping for breath. 

"Well.. that was dramatic.." said 23 smiling gleefully. "But.. I think the party's gone on long enough.."

23 made to move in.. but just as she did.. she froze.. her body began to quiver and shake.. as she was coughing up viscous black liquid..

"No.. I'm.. out of fuel.." gasped 23, her eyes wide and afraid. "I'm.. not complete.. I.. I need that blasted Railgun's final contribution.. or else.."

23 glanced wildly into the sky. "Mother Iselia.. surely.. I need you... UAAAAAAGHHHHHH!!"

Experiment 23 turned into a black lightning bolt and disappeared into the sky. 

Saber choked up blood as she clambered on all fours, struggling to remain conscious. "Mikoto.. I need.. to .. find.. "

Saber fell face down.. her consciousness fading.. as Mugino clambered down next to her..

"Saiai.. get me some goddamn strong rope.. and ready the van.." growled Mugino into an earwig, as she gasped with exhaustion. "I'm taking a new passenger.."

Author's Notes:

Alright, so up to THIS chapter right here is where I stopped writing this book before I stuffed it in my Word Files never to see the light of day again until this year. I had never thought I was going to put it on wattpad, because I thought of it purely for fun.. I had been writing the first book and world building plans of Diablo Saga at the time, and I didn't want anything to distract me because I was still trying to figure out how best to incorporate the One Piece gang into the RIFT series... so this story lay forgotten. Mostly all I did before I posted these chapters today and the majority of this week, was polish up the grammar a bit, and check for typos (of which there were many due to this book being typed on an Ipad which I HATE).

Now regarding Experiment 23, I wanted it to be something disturbing, something I felt would get the reader to take a step back and go "Oh god that's creepy."  At first I was going to create some mutated amalgamation of Mordred (Saber of Red) thinking, "that's sure to get Saber in the gut!" then I remembered that I actually LOVE Saber of Red and want her to have a good ending at some point like I do for Saber (partially what inspired me to write this book since Saber always seems to get a very sad and only slightly happy ending for each route of Fate Stay Night) So I went with a mutated Mikoto bioengineered monster instead thinking "I haven't done this before! Let's see where it leads!" 

It's safe to say I think I creeped MYSELF out just writing down things about her eyes.  In any case, since I've had fun when writing this, and since my readers seem to love this, I am happy to say I will continue writing it. I do have BIG plans for Saber and Mikoto if this series continues to its sequels. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 151 20
After losing his family, friends and even his home world, Ben Tennyson, hero of the universe gets transported to another world after defeating his gr...
23.6K 794 22
The Final Brawl is here. With the return of the Original Multiverse, Mikoto is now trying desperately to escape Hueco Mundo and return to Academy Cit...
20.5K 788 18
Mikoto Misaka. She's seen magic, she's seen weird. Did she imagine all that might try to kill her one day? Yes... But never did she think about what...
22.5K 594 11
Out of all 2.3 million people who lives in Academy City, 80% of them are students, many of whom are Espers, individuals who possess unique powers thr...