My Family in America

Par AnonymousFanFictions

Mi na Khim is a 14 year old girl and is from South Korea. She goes to America as an exchange student and has... Plus

Introduction
The News
Breaking the Bad News
Leaving Korea
Settling In
First Day at New School and New.... Friends?
The First Decepticon Encounter
The Rescue?
The Autobots

First Full Day with the Autobots

24 1 0
Par AnonymousFanFictions

~Mi na's POV~

I sat on the couch on my laptop while Jack and raf played video games and Miko hanging out with Bulkhead.

While I was on scratch practicing my coding, I got a Skype message from Kimmie.

Kimmie: Hey girl! You haven't been keeping me posted!

Me: Lol, sorry.. I've gotten pretty busy ever since I got here.

Kimmie: Is it school?

Me: You could say that.

Kimmie: Hold on, I'm gonna invite Jay and Ji su on here.

Me: Alright.

-Jay has joined the conversation

-Ji su has joined the conversation

Me: Hi guys.

Jay: Sup shortie.

Me: Really... I'm only short by an inch... maybe two.

Jay: But you're still short.

Kimmie: Aren't we all?

Jay: You guys might be midgets, but we all know I'm the tallest.

Me: How did we even go from greetings to height.

Ji su: Idek XD

Kimmie: Jay started it!

Jay: Nuh uh!

Ji su: You know.. In all actuality, all you have to do is look at the message history on here.

Kimmie: Wow Ji su.. you're a real kill joy -_-

Ji su: Well I don't think Mina needs to see you guy's 5 year old mentality every time we get to talk to her.. you probably literally take her whole talk time with that.

Jay: Well it's not my fault Kimmie starts most of this.. and btw, I do NOT have a 5 year old mentality.

Kimmie: Do you Jay? DO YOU? -_-

Jay: Like you're any better :/

Kimmie: At least I'm not as much of a 5 year old like you.

Ji su: -_-

Me: Wow...

Ji su: And I have to deal with this.

Me: Lol

Me: So anyways... what have you guys been up to?

Ji su: Oh you know.. the usual.. School.. more boring stuff.. and sitting around bored until we fall asleep.

Me: Yeah.. School is really boring.. I wish it was close to summer vacation.

Kimmie: Same... I can't take anymore essays or reports

Jay: Like you do any of that now.

Kimmie: Jay... Just shut up.

Jay: I don't have to unless I want to.

Ji su: Seriously... -_-

Ji su: So anyways.. What have you been up to?

Me: Not much.. I was about to go practice my coding on scratch...then probably read after that.

Kimmie: Meanwhile... You could be out and finally start sending me pictures of America.. Your slacking.

Me: Kimmie... It's the weekend... I just feel like sitting back and doing nothing right now.

Kimmie: Well you better get up and start running or something.. You better be able to keep up with me by the time you're finally able to come back to South Korea.

Me: Yeah, yeah... Whatever you say.

Kimmie: Speaking of running, we'll all talk to you later.. I got a couple of Lazy bums to make them run.

Jay: Kimmie don't you even think about it.

Kimmie: Oh I already have :)

Ji su: o-o

Jay: Yeah.. We'll see you later Mina.

Me: Lol.. Okay bye.

I exited out of Skype and returned to what I was going to do.

"Hey Mina, wanna play with us?" Jack and Raf asked.

"I'm good, thanks though." I said, turning my attention back to my laptop.

After doing whatever on my laptop, I decided to read. Not too long after I started reading, I heard heavy footsteps walking over to me. I looked up to see Bulkhead with Miko on his shoulder.

"Hi Mina!" Miko said.

"Hi Miko." I said.

Bulkhead took Miko off of his shoulder and sat her down beside me.

"Soo... I was wondering.. Can we go to Korea together?" Miko asked as Bulkhead was still Standing by the both of us.

"I would say yes, but there is no way of getting there." I said.

"Nonsense! We can ask Ratchet to bridge us there!" Miko said.

"So that portal thing can go anywhere?" I asked.

"Yep! So do you wanna go?" She asked.

"I guess we can." I said.

"Yes!" Miko said making a fist and jumping in the air.

"Hey Ratchet?" Miko said, dragging me towards Ratchet.

He grunted and looked up.

"What now?" He asked.

"Can you bridge us to South Korea?" Miko asked.

Ratchet's expressing lightened up a bit as he quickly typed something and pulled the lever. Bulkhead transformed into the Hummer and Miko grabbed my arm again and ran over to him, hopping into the passenger seat. I sat in the backseat as Bulkhead strapped us both in. He drove to the swirling portal and soon we were in the city of South Korea. The city that I know really well.

"Well Ratchet bridged us here pretty quickly.." I said.

"Yeah.. He'll pretty much rush to it if it involves us leaving." Miko said, Bulkhead laughing.

"Wow." I said.

"Yeah.. He's just a grumpy doc bot." Miko said.

"Well that's good to know.." I said.

"Yeah... But don't worry, you'll get used to him." Miko said.

I looked out of Bulkhead's window, at the familiar city I grew up in. It feels like it's been forever.. Even though it wasn't even a week yet. I'll admit, America's pretty nice, but right now... I just feel a little homesick. I started thinking about my friends and family every time we drove by familiar buildings that we use to go to.

It's kinda funny how I'm only still in middle school... Or highschool, and I already feel like as if I went to college.

"What's wrong Mina?" Miko asked me as I turned my head towards her.

"Oh, nothing. Just a little homesick.. That's all." I said.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll admit that I felt a little homesick too." Miko said.

"Me three." Bulkhead said.

"Oooh, I want to go souvenir shopping. I need to remember my first visit here, besides pictures." Miko said as Bulkhead pulled into an empty parking lot.

"Don't worry, I have still have some money." I said as a excited Miko pulled me out of the car.

"Don't take forever! We still gotta go back to the base at some point!" Bulkhead said as Miko playfully rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah.. Come on Mina!" She said.

"Just like Kimmie.." I said quietly to myself as I sighed.

I took Miko to one of my favorite plazas I used to go to with my friends. She loved it. We bought stuff like Korean candies, pull over hoodies, and whatever else we could find.

"Ooooh!! They have Slash monkey here!" Miko said, running up to a pull over hoodie with the band on it.

"You must like that band a lot." I said.

"Like them!? I LOVE them!" She said.

"Wow.." I said at her sudden excited outburst. 

She took the hoodie off of the hanger and tried it on.

"It fits perfectly!" She said.

"I believe I still have some money left, do you want it?" I asked, pointing to the hoodie.

"Yes! Please!" She said.

"Okay." I said.

After looking around the stores a little while longer, we walked back to the parking lot where Bulkhead was still parked. I got in the backseat, setting some of the stuff we bought down and Miko hopped into the front seat, still adoring the hoodie that was on her.

"Nice sweater Miko." Bulkhead said.

"Thanks! And by the way it's called a pull over hoodie." She said.

Bulkhead started up his engine and called Ratchet to open up the ground bridge. As Bulkhead began driving to where not a lot of people were around, the same green blue portal opened and Bulkhead sped through it. Soon we were back at the base and the portal behind us closed.

Everybody in the base was pretty much doing the same thing before we left. Jack, Raf, and Bee playing video games, Ratchet typing away on the computers, I don't know what Arcee and Optimus is, probably in their rooms.. 

Me and Miko both grabbed our things before getting out and walked to where Jack and Raf are. 

"Whoa, are those actual items from Korea?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, candies, other things.." I said.

Jack looked over to Miko, who was still wearing the Slash Monkey hoodie.

"Let me guess.. Miko got you into buying it?" Jack asked, looking over at Miko.

"Nah, she was literally all over it.. So I bought it for her." I said.

I put the stuff I bought for me in my backpack. I took out some of the snacks out of the bag and told the others that they can try them if they want. I mostly just slumped back into the couch, watching Tv with the  othersRaf There's really nothing good on weekends Korea or not. I honestly thought America would hopefully have something good on Tv during weekends, but I guess not. What felt like hours past until we heard the computers rapidly beeping and Ratchet immediately checked to see what it was.

"What is it?" Optimus asked.

"Decepticon activity." Ratchet said as Optimus moved to get a closer look.

"Hmm.. I think it would be best if you came this time Ratchet, Arcee will watch the children." Optimus said.

"Optimus.. I'm already a guardian, not a babysitter." Arcee said, Jack looking like he was going to say something.

Optimus only looked at her, making her sigh.

"Fine." She said, making her way to the monitors.

"Autobots, roll out!" Optimus said as all of them, except for Arcee transformed and drove through the portal.

Miko looked up from her sketchbook and looked at the currently opened portal. She quickly grabbed me by the arm and ran towards the portal.

"Come on! We gotta see the zombie con!" She said, making sure Arcee doesn't hear as we quickly grew near the portal, Jack and Raf now quickly trailing behind us.

Me and Miko were the first to come out the portal. We both stopped once we saw the Autobots slowly scouting the area. Jack and Raf came out the portal as Miko took me by the arm again, making climb along with her up some rocks, making sure not to be seen by the Autobots.

Once we got to the top, Miko got on her hands and knees, like in a crawling position and was watching everything in front of her with wide eyes, waiting for something to happen. Jack and Raf soon met us on the top, going into the same position as us.

"Miko what were you thinking?!" Jack whisper shouted.

"She wasn't." Raf whispered.

"Hey! I totally missed out last time. This could be my only chance to take some snaps." Miko said as she reach to one of her back pockets, realizing her phone was in neither of them.

"Uh oh.. My cellphone." Miko said.

"I must've dropped it back at base." Miko said, now standing up and looking around. 

Miko panicked and looked around the rock and felt her pockets again. 

"Well maybe, you should've payed more attention." Jack said, Miko now getting furious.

"UGH! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE ME LOSE MY PHONE!" Miko said and stomped her foot, crossing her arms as Jack scoffed.

"Uh, how is this my fault?" He asked.

Soon we heard a ground bridge appear near us and we heard another that was past a rock where I saw Starscream hid behind. The Autobots also had confusion on their faces.

"You four! Into our ground bridge! Now!" Ratchet shouted at us.

Me and Raf ran towards the ground bridge in front of us and Miko sighed as Jack grabbed her by the arm.

"Come on!" He said and they began to run behind us.

At the same time, Starscream ran and jumped into the one that was by him. As we went in, I couldn't tell what was happening and we stopped in our tracks.

"Uh.. what's happening?" I asked, and the portal around us started to rumble.

"Uh.. I don't know. Come on we gotta reach the end!" Jack said, now panicking.

Soon as if what sounded like an explosion happened and everything went bright. We blocked our eyes and ended up falling through the other side of the portal. Once it all ended, we groaned and rubbed our heads as we got up off the ground. Everything around us looked.. a little dull. I mean, there was still some color, but it all looked a little dull.

"Is everyone okay?" Jack asked.

"I think so." Raf said.

In front of us we saw the Autobots on the ground as they slowly got up.

"Wait what just happened?" Bulkhead asked as he got up from the ground.

"I can't be certain, but if two ground bridges sent to the same coordinates cross streams, the feedback could've triggered a system overload." Ratchet said.

"Could? Hello, more like totally did." Miko said.

"The kids made it through right?" Bulkhead asked.

"Huh?" Raf said.

"What's he talking about?" Jack asked as Miko began to stomp forwards towards Bulkhead.

"Bulkhead? We're right here!" Miko said.

Optimus pressed him comlink against his helmet.

"Arcee, did the children make it safely back to the base?"

:Negative. You don't see them?: Arcee said through the com.

What do they mean? We're literally standing right there in front of them.. unless, we're in another dimension or something where they can't see us.. I don't know, this is confusing..

"No sign." Ratchet said as they still scanned around the area.

Miko walked closer to Bulkhead.

"What?! No sign?!" She said, now putting her hands on her hips.

"Okay, seriously Bulk- WHOAAA" Miko screamed at the last part and Bulkhead began to move, but instead of squishing her, he went through her? Miko's forms disoriented from the impact and she stumbled backwards from shock. Jack caught her before she made any contact with the ground.

"He went right through you, we're not alive." Jack said.

"I don't want to be a ghost!" Raf said, now gripping onto Jack.

I didn't know how to feel either.. shocked, scared, or sad..

"Wait.." Jack said, letting go of Miko as she stood up.

"How can we still touch each other?" He asked.

I shrugged and we all looked in the direction the Autobots were walking and we ran, trailing behind them.

"Ratchet, could the children have been transported onto the Nemesis instead?" Optimus asked.

"Not likely, if Starscream didn't arrive at our base, the most likely explanation is dislocation. The children may simply been bridged to an unintended location."  Ratchet said.

We slowed down to a stop.

"Another place, but in the same place." Raf said.

"Whoa-What, What do you mean?" Jack asked.

"We're probably in a different dimension. Some kind of alternate reality... a.. shadow zone. " Raf said.

 "Nerd alert." Miko said, rolling her eyes and facing towards me with a hand on her hip and Jack softly glared at her.

"Miko.." Jack started.

"What?" She said as he sighed and we kept on walking.

Not to long after we started running, a big shadow appeared on the ground and we looked up at the rock, that led to another path. Around the corner of the rock, a large hand appeared and placed it on the other side towards us forcefully grasping the rock and crushing it a little, and what else that came from the corner was shocking, it looked like a con from the undead or as Miko called it a "Zombie con".

It walked past us, walking limply like a zombie. It also let out some growls or it's version of zombie noises as it walked past us. We all stared in shock as it walked past us. We looked in the direction it was walking in and we saw the Autobot, who were waiting for a ground bridge that appeared in front of them not too long after we spotted them. The zombie con started to move towards them at a faster pace. Miko gasped.

"Zombie!" She yelled as we all started running in the direction of the zombie con and the Autobots.

"Guys! Look out!" Jack yelled.

"Bulkhead!" Miko also shouted.\

"It's right behind you!" Raf shouted.

It approached Bulkhead and we all started to worry that it was going to hurt Bulkhead. The con lifted its arm in the air and attempted to lash out on Bulkhead, but it also couldn't touch him, causing the con to grunt or groan in confusion as the Autobot began to move into the portal. We skidded to a stop once we saw, it didn't affect the Autobots at all.

"Awesome! He can't touch them either!" Miko said, causing the con to notice and turned towards us, with a grunt and then let out a roar and it began walking towards us.

"If that thing can't touch the bots," Jack began.

"Just like we can't," Miko continued.

"Then we're trapped in the shadow zone, with a Decepticon zombie?!" Raf said as we started to slowly back away from the approaching zombie con.

"If we aren't ghost now, we will be soon." Miko said.

We turned around and began to run, the con now on our tails. We kept on running and turned a corner. Raf was beginning to slow up, and ended up tripping, his glasses falling off. The con let out another roar and Raf moved his hands around on the ground, trying to find his glasses. Jack turned around and saw him, then darted out to get him, completely ignoring his glasses.

"Come on!" He said, picking up Raf and darting back into the direction me and Miko were in.

"Jack my glasses!" Raf said as we all peeked from behind the the rock and saw him glasses in the middle of the ground, the con quickly approaching.

"Way to dangerous." Jack said, going back behind the rock.

"I can't see without them" Raf said, causing Miko to sigh and put her hands on her hips, bending down a little to Raf's height.

"What are you? Ninety?" She asked. 

"Not helping." Jack said.

"Fine." Miko said, beginning to walk out towards the open path, then began sprinting out to the glasses.

"Wait!" Jack said.

Miko ran towards the glasses, the con still quickly approaching and she quickly grabbed the glasses as the con lifted its foot, about to step on her as she dove and rolled, quickly avoiding the blow. Then she ran under him between his feet, back towards us.

"Here you go gramps, let's book." She said, putting the glasses in Raf's hand and took off again. 

We all ran after her after Raf quickly put his glasses back on.

"Maybe we could set a trap! Try to crush it!" Miko said as we kept on running.

"With what? Nothing around here is solid except us and the ground!" Raf said.

"We can't run forever." Miko said.

She didn't have to say that twice, my legs were starting to go sore from all this running. 

"But maybe we can hide." She said.

"Not a bad idea, but where exactly?" I asked through pants.

"Um.. Follow me!" She said, now taking the lead.

We ran to a place covered by a lot of rocks, we stopped and panted to catch out breaths.

"The good thing about zombies, is that they're slow moving." Miko said, imitating a zombie movement. 

Soon we heard a ringtone go off. 

"Is that your-" Raf started.

"PHONE!" We all said as Jack reached to one of his back pockets to grab it.

Jack quickly pulled it out and answered it.

"Hello? Arcee?!" He said, but we heard nothing but static from the other end.

"Hello?! A-Arcee?!" Jack tried again, then sighed in frustration as the static was still the only thing heard.

"Nothing." He said sharply. 

"Gee imagine that, the foreign dimension has lousy phone reception." Miko said.

  "Guys, Guys, Guys, the phone rang. We're getting a signal." Jack said.

"Maybe the Autobots can't see or hear us because we're.. moving at hyper speed or something." Raf said.

"You think that they could read us?" Jack asked.

Raf's eyes lit up like he had an idea.

"Texting!" Raf said.

Miko gasped at the idea.

"Text me! If my phone's back at the base, maybe they'll see it!" Miko said.

Jack quickly began to text and I still looked around, in case that zombie finds us.

I saw him limp around the corner.

"Uhh.. guys." I said, getting their attention and they also turned towards the con.

"Can you type and run?" Raf asked, beginning to back up.

The con let out another roar as it finally approached us.

We quickly darted towards him, running under him as he tried to swipe at us. He let out another roar as he turned around and went back in the direction we started running. 

"This is starting to get very old!" I said.

"I know!" Jack said, trying to text.

We kept on running as we felt the ground shake every time the con took a step.

"Déjà vu." Miko said.

"What?" Jack said as he turned his head towards her.

"This doesn't look familiar to you?" Miko asked.

"Not really." Jack said, turning his head back to look in front of him.

I stayed by Raf, in case he trips again. 

"Dude! We just ran one big circle!" Miko said.

We turned a corner and looked behind us, unaware of what we were about to run into in front of us. Before we could stop, we bumped into something and we fell on the ground. We all groaned as we slowly looked up at what we just ran into. Once we were able to see what we ran into, shock was all over our faces. The thing we just ran into was Starscream's arm that he lost when Optimus shot him.

"Sweet." Miko said.

"Whoa..." Me and Jack said.

"It must've gotten trapped in here during the explosion too." Raf said.

We heard another roar coming from the zombie con not too long after and we quickly looked behind us. Jack looked back at the arm.

"Well if it's solid, we can use it." Jack said.

We quickly got up and made our way to the arm.

"Quickly make the arm face the con!" Jack said and we nodded as we began to try to push the loaded arm towards the direction the con was coming.

Finally, we were able to make it budge and we pushed in the direction the con was. 

"Anyone know how to fire this thing? I don't see a trigger." Miko said, looking around the arm.

"Starscream did something with his fingers.." Raf said and we all faced where his hand is.

The ground started to rumble again from the approaching con.

"We have one shot, we need to make it count." Jack said.

Jack push the finger that launches the missile and it flew from the arm and towards the approaching con, hitting it.

"How do you like us now?" Miko shouted.

Once the dust started to clear a little, he let out another roar towards us, making us gasp and slowly back away. Then we heard something that kinda sounded like sparks, and we looked at its fore arm, that now detached itself and fell on the ground. We all looked at the arm, its finger twitched a couple of times, and then it got up by itself and started coming towards us, and it was faster than the bot itself.

"Come on! Come on!" Jack shouted at us, and we all turned around and ran.

"How can a zombie arm move faster than the actual zombie?!" Miko asked.

We looked behind us and the arm grabbed onto the wall and started jumping towards us.

"Scrap!" Jack said as we picked up our pace.

The arm is really fast and my legs started to grow even more tired by the second.

"I can't keep this up much longer.." I said.

"Just hold on! We gotta at least wade this out a little longer!" Jack said and we kept on running.

I tried not to think about it, but it's kinda hard when you actually feel it and it doesn't feel good either.

We finally slowed down as we saw Starscream's arm in front of us once again.

"Oh come on! This place is like one big merry-go-round!" Miko said.

 "Skyquake!" We jumped at the sudden high pitched voice and his behind the hand part of Starscream's arm.

"Your master summons you!" We heard his voice again as we saw him walking in our direction.

"How'd that freak get into our dimension?!" Miko asked.

"He didn't. He can't see us." Jack said.

"Forget Starscream." Miko said, turning back into the direction we just came from, the arm still gaining on us.

"We've gotta run! Some more..." She said.

We started running, but once we started getting close to Starscream, a portal opened up in front us, causing us to skid to a stop.

"A ground bridge portal?" Raf asked.

"That has to be our way out of here." Jack said.

"The Autobots saw our text!" Miko said.

"If we go through, we run smack into Starscream." Raf said.

"If we don't," Raf started and we all turned around.

"We're zombie chow." Jack said as the arm, still moving fast, gained closer.

"Option three, we keep running in circles."  Miko said.

"And I prefer none of those options." I said.

Jack stood there for a second, a thought coming to him and turned around towards the portal.

"Follow my lead." Jack said and we copied him, getting into a stance for when we're about to run.

Miko kept on facing the arm, clearly panicking.

She kept on tapping Jack's shoulder, but Jack only stood his ground until he said to go.

"Now!" He shouted after a couple of seconds and we all sprinted towards the portal, going through and landed in front of Starscream, but we quickly got back up and ran past him.

"Humans? Where did you vermin-" He started, but was cut off when the zombie con's arm launched at him and landed on his face, making him fall to the ground.

We kept on running until another portal appeared in front of us and we stopped, waiting for whatever's gonna happen next. To our relief, it was the Autobot's portal and they walked through, quickly looking down at us once they came out.

"Jack, Miko, Rafael, Mina." Optimus said.

"It is good to know that you guys are safe." Optimus said as we followed them back through the portal and back into the base.

Once we were all there, the Autobots all gathered around us. I kinda started to heat up a little, feeling all their stares on us. Miko was the first to speak up.

"Look, if you're going to blame anybody, blame me." She said.

"I'm sorry, could you.. repeat that? A couple dozen times." Jack said as Miko shot him a quick glare as Optimus began to speak up.

"Miko, what you endured has been lessoned enough. We are just glad that you all are safe." He said.

Bulkhead knelt down to Miko.

"Guess it was a good thing you dropped this." He said, handing Miko her phone.

"Too bad you didn't get any pictures though." He said.

"Nah, that's okay. I think after today, I pretty much have zombie close ups seared into my brain." She said.

"Well... that was something I never want to experience again.." I said.

"Agreed." Jack said.

I heard heavy footsteps approach me and I turned around and looked up to see Ratchet staring down at me. It wasn't really in an uncomfortable way, but he had a little concern in his expression.

"Are you.. okay?" He asked, sounding kinda hesitant.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I said.

"You know, that wasn't really a wise choice." He said.

"It was kinda hard to resist it when you have someone that has a death grip on your arm and is literally dragging you with them." I said, mostly pointing my statement towards Miko.

Ratchet slightly smiled, only to where I could see it, the others were already busy chatting away to each other already. I slowly gave a small smile back too.

"So.. what is it like?" He asked.

"Something that I never want to experience again." I said, rubbing my eyes.

He slightly nodded. I walked up the stairs and to the couch and plopped down, feeling relieved of finally getting off my legs. All that running really did a number on me, I could feel my legs throbbing and sore. 

"Are you sure you feel okay?" Ratchet asked me from behind.

"Yeah.. just a little sore." I said simply.

"Okay." Ratchet said, turning back to the monitors.

I'm actually a little surprised that he cares.. he looks like the non caring type to be honest.. don't wanna sound rude, but yeah.. 

Soon, Miko, Raf, and Jack also plopped down on the couch, sighing from the crazy day.

"And I thought crazy first days were only for school.." I said, and they laughed.

"Guess not when giant robots are involved in it." Jack said.

We all laid out on the couch as almost all the Autobots went to their rooms, Ratchet might've been the only one up out of all of them. We just watched Tv or movies and we all eventually feel asleep. It honestly take long for me to fall asleep though, I was probably the first out of us all to fall asleep.

All I could say was today was just crazy.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

57K 1.3K 26
Fifteen year old Miko Nakadai thought she was invincible. Miko thought, just like every teenager does, could get away with one small prank but it app...
1.7K 11 4
A story of two young ladies name Sapphire and Thalia and along with their baby sister name Athena and they used to have a normal life in Oregon. Afte...
6.7K 535 21
Nahko is Miko's older twin sister. They currently live in Jasper Nevada as exchange students. She is also what her sister calls a nerd. She is really...
401K 10.6K 48
Amanda Beckett liked being left alone. If she was alone, then there would be no one to leave her. Jack Darby just wanted out. Out of the small town...