Camera Ready | B. Barnes ¹

By -mxrlin

"She might not talk, but she can tell one hell of a story" Dia doesn't talk by choice, only a few people kno... More

Camera Ready
01 → Up&Up
02 → Welcome to New York
03 → Don't Cry
04 → Don't Panic
05 → Yakety Yak
06 → I Feel So Bad
07 → Sleepyhead
09 → Kites
10 → Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
11 → Sunday Morning
12 → Polaroid
13 → Breathe
14 → Poker Face
15 → Fun It
16 → Strawberry Swing
17 → Everything's Not Lost
18 → God Knows I Tried
19 → Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song so We Wouldn't Get Sued
20 → Club Tropicana
21 → Clair De Lune
22 → Le Freak
23 → O "Fly On"
24 → Ob-La-Di
25 → Ob-La-Da
26 → Feel It Still
27 → Mr. Blue Sky
28 → Woke Up This Morning
29 → Viva Las Vegas
30 → Build Me Up Buttercup
31 → She's A Rainbow
32 → 20.1338° S, 67.4891° W
33 → Fix You
34 → Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea
35 → Shingalin
36 → I Hope I Get It
37 → Anenome
38 → The Goonies 'R' Good Enough
39 → Déjenme Llorar
40 → Un Beso
41 → Fluorescent Adolescent
42 → Girls/Girls/Boys
43 → Kokomo
44 → I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
45 → When We're High
46 → Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
47 → Filthy/Gorgeous
48 → I Turn My Camera On
49 → El Muchacho de los Ojos Tristes
50 → Eres Tú
51 → 42
52 → Fernando
Bonus → La Llorona
Bonus → Happy Birthday Bucky and Josh
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT

08 → Feelings

35.2K 1.3K 1.2K
By -mxrlin

Dia stared at the rules sticked to the refrigerator with a bumblebee magnet. She was confused with some, and smiled at others, picturing who did what, that prompt it to be a rule against it.

Rules.

1. No fighting.

2. No biting.

3. No running in the hallways. You Pietro.

4. Clothes must be worn at all times. ALL TIMES.

5. Mark all your food before putting it in the refrigerator. Unmarked food will be considered as 'up for grabs'

6. Do not try to bring out the Hulk to put him in a tutu.

7. Don't stick magnets on Bucky's arm. That means you Tony.

8. Don't make jokes about Thor's eyepatch. Yes, you Stark.

9. For the love of God, use the goddamn door, Vision!

10. Don't make elderly jokes about Steve and Bucky. Yes Tony and Natasha, that means both of you!

11. Don't talk shit about Sam and Steve in Russian.

12. Steve is not allowed to play Cards Against Humanity.

13. Watch your language around Steve and the Barton children.

14. All people underage shall be given a juice box. No complaining Peter Parker!

15. When ordering food, order for everyone not just yourself.

16. No starting fights with other countries.

17. Bill Nye is an American treasure. No arguing.

Dia laughed at the rules and could only wonder what happened for Steve not being allowed to play Cards Against Humanity and who was walking around without clothes for there to be an actual rule about wearing clothes at all times.

Arguing was heard and Dia walked over to the kitchen bar to get a fruit from the fruit bowl. Pietro and Wanda entered the kitchen and were arguing like any brother and sister would argue, but they were arguing in their native language. Dia sat down on a stool and bit into the plum. Her eyes were on the twins and she drew similarities between them and Pablo and Isaura. It's official, all twins act alike.

Wanda was saying something and Pietro mimicked her in a high pitched voice. She tried to smack her brother but he was too fast. They didn't see Dia sitting there eating a plum. She was quiet and only observed. Clint entered and tried to put an end to the sibling fighting, only to be poked fun to by Pietro.

Dia took another bite of the plum and shook her head. Not even because Clint named his son after him. True friends right there. Dia felt her phone vibrate and she pulled it out to see a reminder on her calendar. She has an appointment with her therapist in an hour. She should get moving if she wants to get there in time.

She got off the stool and passed Bucky who's heading to the fruit bowl to grab a plum. He eyed the arguing men and quietly left the kitchen. He doesn't need to be a part of that. As he backed away, he bumped into someone and quickly turned around, ready to apologize, only to see that it's Sam.

"Oh, it's you" he said.

"Yeah it's me and ow! You stepped on my foot" Sam jumped in place with one foot.

"Sorry" Bucky apologized. Sam opened his mouth to say something, but was abruptly cut off by Bruce.

"Take that apology and get moving. Last thing we need is another Sam and Bucky fight"

Sam and Bucky stared at Bruce wide eyed. They know they argue a lot but when Bruce intervenes it's best to step back. They don't want to unleash the Hulk, and even though Bucky and Sam have never seen him up close, they don't want to start now. The men shut their mouths and slowly walked away. 

"Wow, Natasha has to control her man" Sam muttered under his breath.

"Has anyone seen Dia?" Tony asked Clint, Natasha and Laura who are in the rec room "I've looked all over for her but can't find her"

"She's been out since this morning" Natasha informed.

"She left a little note" Laura held up a piece of paper and Tony took it and read it "she had an appointment with her therapist and then she went to see some friends and she's working at the bar tonight" Laura said as Tony read. 

"Hell's Kitchen? Who does she know there?" Tony questioned.

"The girl has friends, Tony" Clint spoke up.

"Not as cool as us" Tony set the paper down on a table.

"True" the archer nodded. The two women shook their heads "why were you looking for Dia?" Clint asked.

"I just wanted to ask her something" Tony waved it off and sat down and joined his friends.

"Is it just me, or has anyone noticed how blind the Avengers are?" Clint spoke up "I can't believe they haven't seen Dia, yet"

"Hey, don't complain to me. I didn't recruit them" Tony informed "but yeah, they're blind for people whose job is to observe" he agreed.

"Makes you wonder how you even met Dia" Natasha spoke.

"How did you guys met her?" Laura asked the three Avengers in the room "I mean I met her through Clint" she motioned to her husband.

"I met her through Nat" Clint nodded at his best friend.

"I met her through Tony" Nat turned to the billionaire.

"I met her in San Francisco" he spoke "her hometown"

"How did she end up over here" Laura questioned. Tony smiled small and went on to tell the story of how Dia and her siblings moved to New York.

Dia spent all day out in the city. She was with her therapist for an hour and after that, she went to Hell's Kitchen to visit her friend. Jessica wasn't home, no surprise there, so she hanged out with Malcolm, Jessica's neighbor. He informed her of what Jessica has been up to and they also talked about things not Jessica related.

Dia and Malcolm walked around the city and talked- well he did the talking, Dia did the signing. Malcolm understood what Dia was signing, all her friends learned the language, with the exception of Matt who is blind, so she uses her phone to communicate, or Foggy does the talking. But since Matt can kinda see, he can see some of Dia's hand gestures.

The brunette girl had to go to work and so her and Malcolm parted ways. Before Dia entered the bar, she went upstairs and paid a visit to her sick sister. Isaura is still sick but she's on the mend. She let Biscuit stay up there to keep Isa company and then went downstairs and went to work.

Dia served drinks from behind the bar with Joshua. She was being hit by some customers and she would smile and flirted back to some.

"So, how's it like living with the Avengers?" Joshua asked his friend after an hour and a half of serving drinks.

"Alright" Dia signed "Tony decorated my room really nice"

"I find it hard to believe that Tony did some decorating on his own" Joshua mumbled "is your room near any of the Avengers?"

"I'm next to Pietro and Natasha is right across the hall"

"Cool. So hey, are Tony, Nat and Clint really doing that bet?" Dia nodded "oh my god" he laughed "so the Avengers still don't know you're there? You've been there for two days!" She shrugged "Clint is right. You are a ghost" Joshua mumbled.

"How's the girl you've been seeing? Sarah, is it?"

"Yeah" Joshua nodded "yeah, she's great. We're going out tomorrow"

Dia gasped and smiled "where are you going?" She asked.

"We're going roller skating" Joshua smiled.

Dia gasped and put a hand over her heart. She tapped something on her phone and a voice was heard "that's so cute! I wanna go"

"No" he shook his head.

"Why not?" She tapped her phone. 

"Because it's my date and not yours. Get yourself a date, Dia, then we'll double date" Joshua informed.

Dia scrunched her nose and flipped him off. She really wants to go roller skating, date or no date. Pablo joined his roommates at the bar and took some fries off of Dia's plate.

"It's almost eleven. Swarms of people will be here soon, get ready to hear some drunk singing" Pablo warned them. Dia and Joshua silently cheered as they threw their hands in the air. 

"Hey, guys" Sylvie approached the them "mind if I work the bar tonight?"

"If it's alright with these two. This is their turf" Pablo motioned to Joshua and Dia.

"Anyone is welcome behind the bar" Joshua said. Dia nodded in agreement. 

"Thanks" Sylvie smiled. A large party walked in and headed straight to the bar. Dia, Joshua and Sylvie got ready to work.

It's going to be a long, fun night.

"Okay this is just sad" Natasha quietly told Tony and Clint.

The Avengers are sitting around the table, eating, with the exception of Vision since he doesn't eat, and nobody has noticed Dia who is also sitting at the table.

"It's worrisome, to be honest" Clint muttered.

"She is just sitting right there eating cereal" Tony pointed out "how do they not see her?"

"Fury would not be pleased if he saw this" Natasha shook her head.

"He's not even here, so it's alright" Tony assured.

Dia is eating cereal and playing on her phone, the Avengers are too into their conversations to even notice the girl sitting with them "do you think if I go stand next to her, they'll see her?" Clint questioned.

"No, I don't think so" Tony and Natasha shook their heads.

The three continued to observe in disbelief while Dia simply ate her cereal and checked out what articles BuzzFeed has to offer. She smirked when she saw Nat, Clint and Tony gaping at her. She's not bothered that the rest of the Avengers haven't noticed her. She's fine as it is. She could possibly go through the rest of her stay, unnoticed but she doesn't think the Avengers are that blind, are they? They possibly couldn't be that clueless as to notice that there's been a non-Avenger living with them.

Dia thought that Pietro would've at least suspected about the living situation of the room next to his, but he hasn't. She could take that ghost opportunity and play pranks on them, just like Clint suggested, but she doesn't know what to do. Maybe Clint will know what kind of pranks to play. But she has a feeling Pietro will be the victim to most the pranks. I'll pass on the pranks.

Dia got up and washed her dish and sat between her friends "going on day four and they still haven't seen me"

"This is ridiculous" Tony crossed his arms and leaned back on the chair.

"Has anyone lost the bet yet?"

"No" Clint shook his head.

"The Avengers are losing their touch" Dia signed.

"Believe me, after this bet is over I'm putting them back in shape" Tony informed.

"Who are you putting back in shape?" Steve turned to Tony when he heard his friend say that. The four tensed up a bit, not knowing if Steve wouldn't notice Dia, but he didn't.

"You guys" Tony pointed at everyone.

"Why?" Wanda questioned.

"Because you all suck!" Clint exclaimed as he stood up.

"You're all blind" Natasha added as she also stood up.

"You're a disgrace!" Tony also stood up.

"What they said" Dia signed but no one noticed her. The four walked out of the room and the avengers were left in confusion, speculating what brought on that small outburst.

"You done messed up A-A-Ron!" Sam pointed a finger at Bucky. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

Bruce placed both his hands on the table and stood up "I'm done"

"You better be taking your ass down to Oh-Shag-Hennessy's office!"

"It's O'Shaughnessy!" Bruce informed before walking away.

"Insubordinate and churlish!" Sam yelled after him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 687 24
Orphic (Adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding. "You are infuriating." "So are you, Mister Barnes." * "Don't you dare to give...
1.2M 35.4K 191
"Well, she's a mimic. Y'know, monkey see, monkey do - but a bit more serious." "Yeah, just a bit more serious, Tony." When y/n and Bucky are saved fr...
1.1M 27.1K 73
What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 for her powers. When she escaped she dec...
70.3K 2.9K 53
An Avengers Bucky Barnes x OC Story ***SMUTS*** You've been on the run for over a decade, after acquiring powers of invisibility and losing your pare...