The Daughter of the Sea

By GothicRaven

More

Intro~

~Chapter 1~

10 1 3
By GothicRaven

The video to the right (---->)  is No Good (Attack the Radical) by: Pantera 

I love their music, and have had this song in my head for a while, so heres hoping you guys like it to, unless no one ever reads this, in which case it's just me and the interent......wow that sounds bad....ok anyway...errm heres chapter 1?

*Walks away awkwardly*

~Chapter 1~

Please don't let me die.  Please don't let me die.  PLEASE!  PLEASE!!  PLEASE!!!  I chanted over and over in my head.  I didn't want to die from drowning in an underwater tunnel!  That would be no fun.  If I'm gonna die an early death, it will be something of a much more amusing degree.  And less painful preferably...

Did I mention we were currently driving through an underwater tunnel?  I did?  Oh OK.  Well did I mention that we were STUCK in an underwater tunnel, going a measly one foot per hour?  If that..

Either traffic was that fudging slow, or there was an accident ahead.

Great.

We had been "driving" for the past 45 minutes and had barely made any progress.  Hell, I could see the entrance if I craned my head around far enough, looking through the back window of the car.  Doing just that, I peered through said window, but could only see the windshield of a huge pick-up truck behind us.  Ass..I wanted to look through the bitchin' window...

I must have had a pissed off expression on my face, as the driver of the truck, probably a stupid college student, glared at me angrily before flipping me off.

WHY YOU LITTLE!!

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives Jayci Blackmoon the finger when she's already spazzing from being cramped in a tunnel going so slow a turtle could pass her in a flippin heartbeat.  My hand found the window switch thing, and I began rolling it down.

"Jayci, what are you doing?"  Nikki asked, confused.  Shit...I forgot there were other people in the car.

"I, uh, well, you see...uhmm.."  I stuttered, sort of attempting to explain myself.  I stopped rolling down the window, letting it stay only halfway before turning to her.  She had one eyebrow arched and was giving me a what-the-hell-are-you-trying-to-do-this-time look.  I got those a lot..I fidgeted in my seat.

"Welllllllll?"  She pressed.  Instead of answering, I stuck out my tongue at her and turned to again look at the driver behind us.  He was now talking on his cell phone.  That made me even more pissed at him as I glared heavily.  If you are going to talk on a freaking phone while driving, pull the hell over.  And seeing how you can't do that here in this cramped little space, you shouldn't be doing so at all.  Period.

As he met my gaze, he returned the daggers I was sending him with my eyes and snapped his cell shut.  I slowly  began moving my hand to the window switchy thing to roll it down more so I could proceed with my plan, before Nikki caught my wrist, stopping me.  I turned to her, pouting slightly.  She rolled her eyes and gave me a questioning look.

I shrugged giving her a huge pupp-dog eyes and a fake little pout before answering, "I-was-just-trying-to-look-through-the-back-window-but-there-was-that-guy's-truck-there-and-I-couldn't-see-through-it-to-see-the-tunnel-entrance-and-he-must-have-thought-I-was-being-a-creeper-or-something-caz-he-gave-me-a-dirty-look-and-FLIPPED ME OFF!!!!!"  I screeched, before again turning, this time to point out the bastard.

I let out a curse of pain as my finger jammed into the back screen, hard.  I think the nail might've split...

"OWW!!!"  Fudging Helllllll that huuuuurt!!

What pissed me off even more was that the guy behind us's eyes widened as he appeared to burst out laughing.  He..he was!!!  Both my window and his were down and I could clearly hear the sound as he laughed his ass off.

"HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME!!!"  I yelled, knowing it was loud enough for him to hear me.  Nikki slapped her hand over my mouth before reaching over and hitting the button to roll up the window.  She sat back down in her seat and I glared at her this time.  We had a mini silent staring contest before she blinked, to which I yelled "YOU BLINKED!"  Before settling back down in my own seat, arms crossed tight against my chest.

From the corner of my eye, I saw her shake her head.  She muttered something unintelligible under her breath before checking her cell for the umpteenth time.

"Using cell phones gives you brain damage,"  I said quietly, hoping she wouldn't hear me.  But alas Karma, you be-otch from Hades, decided I did something wrong and thus rewarded me with not so pleasing luck.

"Well I guess you must have been born with cell phones coming out of both ears,"  She retorted crossly.  "Seeing as how you have enough brain damage to send even the best surgeons into a frenzy!"

I didn't bother to reply to her.  Instead I turned my head to lean against the cool glassy surface of the car window, fighting back the tears of frustration that always tried to well up whenever she got overly snippy with me.

Sighing heavily, I let my hair fall over my face, hiding it from prying eyes.  Last thing I need was her mum to notice and cause a scene.  That would be too embarrassing and would end up ruining the whole idea of a 'girls only hangout' day.

Digging through my black fake-leather satchel bag, it's NOT a purse, I HATE though goddammed things, I rooted arounf for my iPod and ear buds.  Tounge sticking out, I breifly wondered if it were possible to just sink into my bag, away from sight and never to be seen again.  That would sure help me out of a lot of awkward situations...and this whole shopping idea.

Frowning to myself, I continued to search for my damn stuff in this damn bag so I could try to push my damn problems to a later damn time---OH THERE IT IS!  I shouted in my mind.  I grinned to myself, knowing that to anyone who could see behind my light brown -streaked black- locks, I would give the appearance of a crazy bipolar dumbass.  Oh wait....I kinda am...

Oh well, another thought for another time.

Gently taking out my electronic babies from my bag, more like black hole, I slowly untangled the ear buds.  I cursed under my breath, working out the stupid knot.  I swear, it's like my pockets have minds of their own and are purposely trying to F with me by tying knots in the cords.

They plot against me, I KNOW IT!

Just like the doors attack me, the furniture tries to stub my toes, the floor wants hugs -all the damn time- and flying objects just 'happen' to be draw to me.

I suspect a conspiracy, but no one believes me.  Well try explaining how the remote, keys, and phones get lost.  Uh-huh.  That's what I thought.

I let out a silent victory scream as the knots all came loose.  Finally!  Placing the Right and Left sides in my right ears..no wait my correct ears..I only have a single right ear?  Write?  No wait...

Whatever.

Turning on my iPod, I cringed from the sudden blare of light.  Oww...It's way too dark for that kind of brightness in here.  Squinting to look at the screen, I tapped the 'Music' app and started flipping through my songs.  I swear I must have been high or something when I put most of these on here...

I snorted as Midnight Beast's "Tik Tok" parody came on, before continuing my search for the perfect song for this moment.

Hmmmm.

No-too high pitched.

No-too whiny

No-too depressing

No-don't wanna listen to rap right now...maybe later

No--And the list went on and on until I came to one of my favorites.

'No Good (Attack the Radical)' by Pantera.  I loved this song so much.  I loved everything about it, the lyrics, the vocals, the guitar, the bass, the drums, every freaking thing.  It screamed awesome so bad, well obviously not literally but still...It was easily one of all time favorite songs ever.

Even though I wasn't ecaxtly the most die-hard Pantera fan in the world, I still founf the music incredibly badass, so badass that it was ranked as my favorite band only slightly behind Disturbed.  Sorry, but Disturbed is my band now, and forever no matter how stupid, cheesy, sissy, or whatever it seems.

I set the volume up high, higher than usual, to drown out anything Nikki might me trying to bitch about now.  Don't get me wrong, I love her death as a best friend, but she seriously has some issues with pushing peoples' boundary lines.  Or..and least mine.

She just did not understand the concept of 'I take some things you say seriously'.  She'll say something, and if I have a personal problem with it, she assumes that I'm waaaaaay overreacting.  I'm not, I just don't like the way she makes snide comments/comebacks when I do everything I can to make it known I'm joking and not trying to be insulting.

I let out a slight sigh, OK brain shut da Hell up, I'm trying to RELAX here.  This is precisely what I'm trying to avoid doing, thinking about shit.

I stared at the window, blinking in surprise as I realized we were moving again.  Hell, screw that, we were out of the friggen tunnel.  Cue victory dance.  Unfortunately, I came to my full sense a little late,  and happened to do my little random dance while sitting in my seat...

Nikki turned to me, giving me a WTF look, and I shrugged, pointing at the tunnel behind us and making a motion that resembled and ump-guy signalling SAFEEE.

I guess I'm pretty bad at sign language, as all I got was a blank look from her.  Whatever.  If she's gonna be in a pissy mood, oh-to-the-freaking-well.

She can go and---"HEY!!!"  I screeched as my ear-buds were ripped painfully from my ears.  Massaging the insides my poor ears, I glared at the perpetrator who dared to steal away my precious music.  My iPod was practically my child, save the whole 'giving birth part'...Wow how the Hell would that even happen...

My eyes screwed up as my brain -completely against my will- attempted to envision how something like that could begin i the first place.  No.  BAD BRAIN!!! Stop this nonsense!

I was again jolted back to awareness as Nikki grabbed my shoulder, shaking me almost violently.

"Jeez woman!  Are you tryyyying to rip my arm open, or just fracture a few bones??"  I couldn't help but blurt out sarcastically.  She gave me a look before grinning and rolling her eyes.  And she says I'm the ones with a few screws loose...

"I swear Jayci...Your obliviousness is hilarious sometimes."  She told me.  I just gave her a confused face.

She reached over, grabbed my chin, and made me look out the window.  What I saw made my jaw drop with a mixture of anticipation and horror.

Well Fuuuuudge......

We were there.

We were in the bleeping city.

Great....

"Aren't you girls excited?!?"  Nikki's mum asked us, practically bouncing in her seat from happiness.

Excited?  Is that what they call terror nowadays?  I put on a fake happy face, glad that she'd be distracted my driving before muttering a "Yeah, of course,".

Of course I was "excited".  I was in the city, surrounded by everything I hate with a burning passion, about to spend a whole day of sore feet and mind-murdering sticker shock.  Why wouldn't I be super pumped?  Oh right.  This was me.

What could possibly go wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indeed, whatever COULD go possibly wrong?  Considering its me who happens to be writing this and the fact that this story has no clear direction, ANYTHING could go wrong!!! :D

Although...I guess that's not really a good thing.

OH WELL!

So...yes...this is my second story so far, and the comments on what you think (if there is anyone out there, hellloooooooooooooooooo???) would be REALLY REALLY appreciated.  You don't have to of course, it's not like I can force you, but the input would be great.

Now, time to go work on the Vampyre Assassinz before Des a.k.a. Amaterasu2772 comes and beats the shit out of me....Well maybe not for real...but she virtually stole mai favorite hat and refuses to give it back until I upload.

So Des, I UPDATED THIS SO GIVE IT BACK TO ME!!!! T_____T

Anywho...I'm sorry if this came out all weird and made little sense.  It's 11 o'clock where I am, I got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night and I have stuff going on during the day...Blahdy blah random crap bout my life blah blah blah.

To anyone still reading this, thanks?  and I hope I didn't jsut waste precious moments of your life ;-)

Please, if you like mai stuff: 

Read, Add to Library, Vote, Comment, Fan, Like, and whatever else there is??

Oh! And share to all your little friends, (<---sounds REALLY weird...)

Bye byeeeeee

Jackie-San ^.^ 

Continue Reading