Whispers In The Dark

By baeklightspark

There's so much happens in our world. some are fall in love, and some with broken heart. some are married and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 3

162 36 48
By baeklightspark

A few months ago....

Burning rage slipped all over her body, her eyes turned into red shades due to the anger that rearing up into her soul. "How dare she take my words so lightly?" The queen, Regena, demanded with a roar.

"She might have to get into some danger," Mira replied, her lips quivered with fear. She's too afraid to look into the queen's eyes. When she gets angry, it's intolerable. They were just get back from the earth, without Clara, they had lost her. The queen was in an angry state because Clara broke the word of her. Mira afraid if something horrid would happen to Clara.

The queen twisted around, with sullen eyes."No, she's not," the queen said. Mira lifted up her eyes from the floor. She'd see the flames roaring in her eyes. "Her gem is glowing brightly," the queen continued, pointing to the gem crystal, which had been stuck on the wall.

Mira scanned it with wide eyes. It was shining brightly than ever."It's evident that she's alive," the queen said. Upon hearing this, Mira heaved a sigh.

"That's a relief," she mumbled under her breath. The diamond crystal was something, which revealing their fate. If something bad approaching them, the crystal would become dark or it'll break. All of them had separate stones stuck on the wall.

"She must be having such a great time there," The queen said, stroking the stone. "You may leave, bring her to me once she arrives," The queen ordered with an authority.

"I'll do as you said, your highness," Mira said, bending a little and teleported from there, out of her sight.

****************

The soft air embraced her the moment she entered the castle. Clara knew the consequences that she had to suffer for causing the queen angry. But she couldn't care less than she's delighted to have been with the guy she loves. She thought it was absurd since they were living in a distinct world. However, something made her hope to see him again. Nonetheless, she'll find a way to meet him soon. She's so bewitched by him.

Once she entered the castle, a pair of angry eyes greeted her. Clara didn't fear, instead, she approached the queen with a warm smile. She stood before the queen without uttering a single word. There was a silence for a few seconds before the queen opened her mouth.

"How was your visit on the earth?" The queen asked.

"It was nice," She answered without taking her eyes off the floor. Just mentioning the earth, reminded her the moments she spent with him, it was causing her cheeks to flush.

"Looks like you had so much fun there," The queen said sarcastically.

Clara remained quiet, dropping her head down. Her silence made queen even angrier.

"Don't you have anything to say,Clara?" Queen burst out in a rage. Clara shivered a slight as her eyes met the queen's fierce eyes.

"I'm sorry, your highness," She said in a low tone. She wished to say more but scared that the queen would not believe her when she's in her furious disposition.

"Rules are implemented for all. Whoever breaks it, they should get punished," authority reflected in her voice. Queen motioned the two men who were standing beside the aisle, to come over. They bowed instantly when they get near her. She acknowledged them with a nod.

"I order you to take this girl from here and lock her into an empty room in the palace," Upon hearing this, Clara's eyes and mouth were frozen wide open. "This is your punishment for taking my words so lightly,"

"No Your Highness, Please forgive me this time," She protested and begged the queen to not lock her in any room. However, the queen showed no response.

Bewildered, Clara struggled to run away from the men who got a hold on her. Their strong grips made her attempt to move gone in a vain.

"You can't do this. Please let me talk to my father at least," Clara yelled.

"No, you can't until you get free from your punishment," Queen said and disappeared without waiting for her response.

"NO!" Clara shouted. Her shout echoed through the palace.

A silver moonlight creeped into the darkroom. Clara seated next to the window, gazing out. The moon was brightening so close to her. A faint wind blew past her, causing her long hair swayed back and forth. She'd clearly see a million stars glistening in the sky. Night brought her so many thoughts.

It's been a week since Clara had locked into the room. A week seemed like a year for her. Her thoughts wandered about him.It's really suffocating her, shut in a room for a week. She wanted to go out and have fun with her friends.

A soft knock on the door snapped her out of thoughts. Clara slowly rose from her chair and walked towards the door with delicate steps. She twisted out the doorknob and the door swung open with a screeching noise. Clare turned aside, offering a way for the queen to get in. She banged the door behind her once the queen joined in.

Queen was in her white gown, looking stunningly beautiful. There's a light in her presence. Her long brown hair floating as the soft breeze crossed past her.

She seated down on the bed. Unlike the other day, her face had soften. It seemed like she had regain her normal senses back. The silence in the room stifled her.

Clara was standing right beside her, looking down, not dare to break the silence. She didn't have anything to say at all. Queen had lock her in the room for more than a week and now she had come to visit as if Clara was pleased to meet her.

Queen heaved a sigh. She knew Clara was mad at her. She seldom felt sad about it. She cleared her throat to catch an attention from her.

"Why aren't you eating anything?" Queen asked.

"I'm not hungry," Clara gave an instant answer.

"Do you think you can continue like this,without eating anything? Your wings will break gradually if you skip your meal," Queen said. She's seeking her utmost to stay calm.

"I don't mind at all," Clara replied bluntly.

"Clara!" Queen raised her voice.

Queen regretted raising her voice when she noticed a look of terror in Clara's eyes. She drew a deep breath to compose herself. "You can't blame me for this. This was your doing. You chose your life to be normal,"

"I'm not angry because you locked me in here, I'm angry because you didn't let me meet my father," Clara sounded upset. "I have alot to say to him," A tear dropped from her eyes. She seemed to share everything to him, her father, who understands her well than anybody.

"I won't eat until you allow me to meet my father," She hissed while wiping tears on her pale face.

"Okay,if that's what you want. I'll inform him once he's back," Queen said.

"Where did he go?" The shock was clearly visible on her beautiful pale face.

"He went to the evil world for some reason," Queen answered, casually.

"What? Is he okay?" Panic began to build in her body and her eyes flew wide in a daze.

"Yeah, he's okay. There's nothing you to worry about," Queen replied.

"You'd better eat something if you don't want to be sick," Queen reminded before walking out of the room.

**************

"They are here," a voice hollered from afar.

The King and his two men landed at the main entrance of the castle. The door of the castle burst open. Those who were waiting for the King's arrival addressed him with bows. King slowly walked into the castle, passing a kind smile on both sides of the aisle. Looking forward, he saw his wife running to him with a reassured face.

"Are you okay, honey?" Queen asked with much care.

"Yes, my love. those dreadful creatures can't do anything," King said proudly. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "I'm strong enough to beat them all, you worry for no reason my love," King whispered into her ears. She chuckled at his cheesy line. "So, what have you got to say to me?" King asked as he pulled her away and looked at her, in her eyes.

"What makes you think that I have anything particular to say to you?" Queen asked a bit shocked at his words.

"Your face says it all," He chuckled. "What is it, honey?" The king asked, suddenly, his face turned into a full of concern.

"Let's get inside first. You have to meet someone," She had her arms linked to his as they walked away.

Later, Clara awakened by the sound of her door bang, but she's too lazy to open her heavy eyelids as she hovered on the bed, pretending to be asleep so that the person will leave soon.

Her breath ragged as she feels someone's presence so close to her.

"Are you asleep, my princess?" A man's voice whispered in her right ear.

"Oh, father!" Her eyes shot open, and she jumped out of the bed. Her world seemed to light up when she saw her father right in front of her.

She wrapped her arms around his collar and buried her face in his neck.

"I missed you," She said quietly.

"I missed you too," He retorted, kissing on the top of her smooth silky hair.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Her eyes showed a kind of gentle concern.

"Yes, my princess," He responded. "And what about you? Why your face look so pale?" It's his turn to feel the worry over her.

She made no reply.

"Is there something troubling you?" He asked again. He felt strained by the look of her face. It's unlikely for her to be like this. She said nothing but hid her face against his chest.

"Father, I....," she found it difficult to begin. Her hands and lips trembled.

"What is it, Clara?" He lifted her chin up to reach her crystal eyes which now stirring with fear. He stared keenly on her rosy lips, looking for words.

She avoided his gaze, her eyes lowered.

"I met a human guy," Her voice was soft like a whisper on the wind. She glanced up to find his father's expressionless face. She didn't expect this kind of response from him. He stood before her as silent as a mouse. Clara's having a complicated situation whether or not to go on this talk after seeing his father's weary look.

" He can see me, father. And he even talked to me," She exclaimed, her voice jumped out of joy. Clara first noted the look of surprise in his eyes, which as she had assume. As more she looked into his eyes, a line of panic she had never seen before came out between his eyes. She heard him swallow hard and saw beads of sweat formed upon his forehead. As far as she could remember, it was the first time she had ever seen her father like this. He had always kept a strong aura within him.

"Father, Wha..."

"So what do you want to do now?" He interrupted her. Clara noticed how quickly he had recovered his usual self, his voice was calm as there's no hint of emotion in it.

"I want to meet him again, father," Her voice trailed off.

"I wonder, why?" His voice turned serious.

"I... I love him, father," She said breathlessly.

He backed away from her. Clara looked up at her father's widening eyes. Behind them was something more intense than normal though. She's scared for a moment.

"What nonsense are you talking Clara? You fell for a human guy who you met once? How absurd!" He laughed, there's no trace of anger in his voice. It was as if he's trying to control himself from being too harsh.

"I still have some issues to be taken care of. I'll get going then," He said, trying to escape from this ludicrous conversation.

"But.. father," She tried to make him stay with her for a few minutes to hear the rest of the story.

"Let's talk about it some other time. Stay here for the time being," he gave her one final look before vanishing into the dark. Clara stood there motionless, the door closed noiselessly. For a moment, the room fell silence and the dark enveloped her.

.

At that night, the king never closed his eyes. He rolled uneasily on his bed. The conversation he had with Clara brought horrible reflections on his mind, it made his night restless. He sat suddenly on his bed, shaking his head anxiously.

The queen had notice the change in her husband's normal self; she had assumed that there's something happened between him and Clara.

"What happened? You seem troubled," Queen asked, resting her hand on his shoulder.

The king made no reply.

"Is it something to do with Clara?" Queen asked again.

The king was quite aware of that the queen had the right to know about their daughter. But he's still not sure how to begin, the queen might not pleased to hear it.

"I'm scared, Regena," He said with trembling lips.

Her eyes turned wide with shock.It's her first time she saw her husband like this.

"For god's sake, explain!" She exclaimed. She didn't want to see her husband's shuddering face. She felt like her whole body getting weak.

King had no choice, but to explain everything. He wasn't used to hiding anything from his wife.

"What?? He can see her?" She couldn't hold his words. She was completely paralyzed with terror. "How's it possible?" It's hard for her to believe it. They are invisible to human eyes, there's no way a human can see them unless they have gained some superpower.

"It's impossible if it's some random human guy..., but, do you have any idea who it is?"

She shook her head nervously.

"Its him. Byun Baekhyun," 

*************

yaay! 300+ reads:')

Thank you so much for your support guys!

i really appreciate it!

please do keep supporting me:)

Love you guys!

special thanks to krenoviantz for helping me to correct the mistakes!

You are the best! chingu:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322 57 10
A Blind Date for a New game doesn't sound so Bad.... This is a short Chanbaek story I have written 😋. It's filled with quite the fluff...Hehehe Hop...
737 102 10
↪in which Nathalie, a normal person, falls in love with a god named Key. [ bias x reader #3 ] kim jongin x reader @JunMyeon09
3.7K 278 44
A beautiful girl that everyman wants....loves Who mesmerizes every man in the world..... Who thought she would be Mesmerized for the FIRST time by...
17.5K 549 21
"I promise you I will always be here for you from now on, I'm not leaving your side." You giggle a little from his statement. "Is this your own way o...