Unexpected

By lemonzest

Winter Sykes is one of those students who never really cared about popularity. Winter have had enough of that... More

UNEXPECTED
AUTHOR'S NOTE
1 | Like a dieting kid to calories
2 | Practically the Devil who wears Prada
4 | Death by Cinnamon
5 | Better than Nutella on a Bad Day
6 | I'm a wreck
7 | The Truth is Inevitable
8 | So Date Material
Author's Note
9 | You Can Never Dig Her Back Up
10 | Points for Being Humble
11| What am I, a princess?
12 | Royal Bed Privilege
13 | Hug Some More?
14 | Not Interrupting Something
15 | Pizza and Jelly Babies
16 | We'll Find Him
17 | The Messed Up Sister
18 | Worst Confession Ever
I LOST A CHAPTER
19 | First Dates
20 | My Munchkin
21 | Still a Ninja
22 | I have a deal for you
WOOPS
23 | How To Get Away... from Winter
24 | The Chase
25 | Breaking Point
26 | The Deal
27 | Our Dear Ole Prime Minister
28| Good Thing I Packed Suits
29 | All the Way from Monaco
30 | Bright Side of Things
31 | Little Did She Know
32 | All Tingly Inside
33 | Pull That Card Against Me
34 | Namast'ay in Bed
35 | Chop Off Your Genitals
THIS IS THE END
36 | Best Boyfriend Ever
37 | All About the Media
38 | Turn of Events
HELLO
39 | Surprises
40 | Unexpected Hesitations
Hi
This is what you've been waiting for...
The Last Chapter

3 | Off with your head

12.8K 543 68
By lemonzest

Dedicated to Mia (goldenmars) for writing one hell of a book. A newfound story that I've loved from the beginning: After Five Years. Read it! It's so cool!

CHAPTER THREE

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I just stared at him in shock and I struggled to recover. When I finally did, I glared at him. I felt like punching a wall of some sort. God, he was so annoying. I don't even know why I'm so hostile but I really just want to punch the smirk off his face.

"Hi," I managed to say sweetly when I remembered that my mother was here.

"Oh you know each other?" Uncle Bart asked.

"Not really," I said at the same time Nate said "Yes".

"Oh this is perfect, they already know each other!" Aunt Sandra squealed.

"I'm thinking they're not that close but whatever, they know each other!" my mom squealed as well.

They were practically jumping up and down with huge smiles on their faces. And my mom said "whatever". To her, it's like a foreign language she doesn't understand.

Well this is weird. This is really really weird.

Uncle Bart just shook his head and laughed. He trudged behind his wife and my mom and left me alone with Nate.

"So, munchkin, I didn't know you were so..." he trailed off to find the perfect adjective.

"Blonde?" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah. I didn't know you were so blonde," he said.

"Well, I am and I would be really happy if you wouldn't tell anyone," I said and glared at him.

"I don't have any particular need of your happiness," he said with a devious smirk on his face.

"You wouldn't..." I said with a threatening look on my face.

"I would. In fact I could text the whole school right now," he said as he fished for his phone in his pocket. He started typing and I panicked. I grabbed for the phone but he was too fast and moved it away from my reach. I grasped his coat and tried to get the phone but he held it up in the air where I couldn't reach it.

"Urgh!" I said as I jumped up to reach it. "Give it to me!"

"Nope," he said, popping the 'p'.

"You're really immature," I said and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Says the one who was jumping up and down earlier," he said and laughed.

"I will have your head for this," I threatened but he didn't seem fazed.

"Sweetheart, they don't do that anymore. This isn't the sixteen hundreds," he said. "People are civilized. Well, some people."

"Whatever," I said and stomped my way towards the dining room.

"Off with your head!" Nate said in a rather girly voice and I can't help but smile.

It was actually funny but I was still pissed so I decided to not let him get to me. As long as he doesn't see me smile, I'm fine.

When we arrived at the kitchen, my mom and Aunt Sandra were still talking and squealing. Seriously, they're acting like 10 year olds. My mom sat at the middle and Uncle Bart and Aunt Sandra were sitting beside which made me stuck sitting beside Nate. When we took a seat, Nate took a lock of my hair and closely examined it.

"So blonde..," he trailed off.

I slapped his hand away from my hair and glared at him.

"Okay, I'm blonde!" I whispered harshly. "No need to make a big deal out of it."

I glared at him again but he seemed unfazed.

"Hey, you wear glasses right? Can you still see?" he asked and waved his hands over my face.

I slapped his hand again.

"I can see perfectly! I have perfect eyesight," I said. "And could you just stop bothering me?"

He had a smirk on his face and said, "Why, do I annoy you?"

"Yes," I said and played with a fork on my table.

He was about to say something but the sound of our mom's clapping and laughing stopped him.

"I have a lot of plans. You should see the gown I designed. It's a bit lacey," my mom said.

"I just hope I got the girl so that I could design the gown and stuff like that," Aunt Sandra said.

"Oh don't worry. It was a rough draft and you have to help me come up with other ideas," Mom assured her.

"That's great!" Aunt Sandra said and put her hands on her mouth to stop herself from laughing again.

When they finally noticed that they were the only ones talking, they finally stopped talking and regained their composure.

"Right, dinner!" mom announced.

The chef and the maids came in bringing the food and the four of us started eating while Mom, Aunt Sandra and Uncle Bart were engrossed with their conversation. Me and Nate were just silently eating our dinner until they decided to include us.

"So, Nate, I heard that you're a soccer player," my mom said.

Nate grabbed his table napkin and wiped his mouth.

"Uh, yes. Right now, I'm the captain of the team," he explained.

Ugh, so modest. Cue sarcasm.

"Excellent! You can teach Winter here. It will be good for her to learn another sport," she said.

"MOM!" I hissed but she simply took a sip of her wine and smiled at Aunt Sandra.

"How about you Winter? What are you into at the moment?" Uncle Bart asked.

"I joined the squad. The cheerleading squad," I said and smiled.

"So you cheer for Nathan's team?" Aunt Sandra asked.

"Uhm, yeah, we cheer for the soccer team," I said and winced.

Nate lowered his head to me and whispered to my ear, "I haven't thought of that."

I glared at him and rolled my eyes.

God, to think, I had been cheering for him all this time? Wait no, I wasn't really cheering for him.

I brought my head near his face and whispered, "I wasn't really cheering for you. I was cheering for the whole team. I cheer for players who could actually goal."

I leaned back to my chair with a satisfied grin on my face. Take that Nate Brooks!

He scoffed and looked at me with an amused expression on his face.

"If you haven't forgotten, I've been MVP for as long as I was playing. That means I've probably contributed a lot of goals," he said.

"Well then, I guess you're just not that noticeable," I said

He gave me a cold look that sent chills to my skin. Wow, someone's sensitive.

When I couldn't stand his glare anymore, I stood up and excused myself to go to the kitchen. The maids were in their quarters and John, the chef was sitting on the counter. I walked towards the refrigerator looking for a bottle of Nutella.

"Looking for this?" someone asked from behind me.

I turned around and saw John holding the bottle. John, like the maids, came here from England with me. He's been with our family since my dad was 17.

"Yeah," I replied and grabbed it from his outstretched hand.

I grabbed a spoon and started opening the bottle when someone else decided to come to the kitchen.

"Mr. Nate," John greeted and Nate just nodded and smiled. John retreated to the back door which left me and Nate alone in the kitchen.

I watched as Nate got a glass and filled it with water. He started sipping it but when he started walking towards me, he tripped on a wire and the water splashed on my dress.

"Hey!" I complained.

"Sorry," he said and then began to smile. "That's for insulting me earlier."

"What?! I wasn't insulting you!" I said as I slapped his arm.

"Oh really?! Those snappy comments weren't insulting?" he said and he slapped my arm as well.

"Seriously?!" I slapped his arm harder.

"Seriously," he said and shoved me, hard.

Oh so you wanna play it like this huh?

I grabbed my Nutella and scooped a huge amount on the spoon and smeared it all in his face.

"What the fuck?!" he said and directed his angry eyes towards me.

He grabbed a can of something I didn't quite see and sprayed it on my hair. Whipped cream. I put my hand over my hair and gathered the whipped cream with my hands and spread it on his hair. We were both really furious that we just looked at each other coldly. But then, as if the whipped cream and nutella battle wasn't enough, he decided to get a bottle of cinnamon from the counter and poured it so that my hair, face, neck and arms are covered in cinnamon.

"I'm allergic to cinnamon arsehole!" I shouted and tackled him. It may not have been ladylike but screw manners, I am going to kill him.

"Stop it!" he said as he struggled underneath me.

"No!" I said and tried to wipe away the powder on my face using my arms. After a few seconds, Nate was also a bit covered in cinnamon and was still struggling underneath me.

"God, you're so heavy! Stop!" he complained. "Get off!"

"So who's the strong soccer player huh?" I asked.

"At least I don't weigh a thousand tons!" he said.

I started pulling his hair and we were both cursing each other. But the sound of footsteps made us both silent.

"What on Earth is going on here?!" my mother almost screamed.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hola! Haha. I don't even know why I'm going all foreign language on you guys. Haha. Anyhooooo, I'm kinda sad because the number of reads and votes on Unexpected has not turned up. Yup. :(

I just hope that some people would give this story a try. :((((((

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

*To those who like making covers for wattpad stories, please make me some! HAHA! I'll dedicate chapters for you guys and if I really like it, I'll make it Unexpected's cover!

love, lemonzest

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 9.7K 31
Aesha Camarell, typical school girl with two best buddies. Cole Rogenson, school heart throb andone of the most popular guys. Aesha Camarell, has two...
836K 30.6K 29
Meet Kayla Wilson, 'miss perfect' adorned with a five-leaf clover. She gets kicked out of her third job, fails her latest relationship, lost all her...
789K 25.4K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
439K 40.7K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...