A Servant for a Mate - Book #...

By TessaT

Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a... More

copyright
Im only Human
Book 1 of 3
Chapter 1~
Chapter 2~
Chapter 3~
Chapter 4~
Chapter 5~
Chapter 6~
Chapter 7~
Chapter 8~
Chapter 9~
Chapter 10~
Chapter 11~
Chapter 12~
Chapter 13~
Chapter 14~
Chapter 15~
Chapter 16~
Chapter 17~
Chapter 18~
Chapter 19~
Chapter 20~
Chapter 21~
Chapter 22~
Chapter 23~
Chapter 24~
Chapter 26~
Chapter 27~
Chapter 28~
Chapter 29~
Chapter 30~
Chapter 31~
Chapter 32~
Chapter 33~
Chapter 34~
Chapter 35~
Chapter 36~
Trilogy
Chapter 37~
Epilogue
Mature Version is UP!
Pg or Mature
A Hidden Princess Finished
Read for Free on Ream

Chapter 25~

606K 10.4K 2.3K
By TessaT

Leaning against the railing of my new balcony, I survey the men fighting below. They practice daily in case of war. War against the rogues or witches. Not that we would be able to do much against magic. Still they practice. Hope fuels them into believing they are invincible.

I know otherwise. In the past three weeks, my life has been turned upside down.

Derek, Caden's personal guard called a meeting with all the female's in the castle and surrounding villages. His words were clear. Come between the Prince and his mate and you will face prison time...for life.

Word spread swiftly of my reappearance. Questions arose. Why did I run away from the Prince, my own soul mate? How heartless could I be to cause my own mate tremendous agony? What was wrong with me? Did I not have a soul? If she is a servant how come she let her own mate sleep around? Is she ugly? Disfigured maybe?

The questions weren't the only things thrown at me. Hurtful words. Harmful words. If anyone would say words can't hurt you, they've never been in my shoes.

I've barricaded myself inside my room during the day. Few people are allowed inside. Meals are brought to me by my mother. She tells me the truth about the rumors and telling's of the outside world.

She informed me yesterday how women are furious that I've come back. They've started a petition to have Caden reject me. Not that they can force him to.

He would force all of them to reject their mates if he had to as well. Their children wouldn't have both parents, families would be broken apart. No one wanted that.

If he didn't have duties to attend to, I swear he would be glued to my hip. 

He hasn't missed a meal since he found me. Not one. If he is in the middle of a meeting, they take a break. Nearly a two hour break. We wouldn't speak much. I still felt unsure being around him.

My mother has passed on the rumors of how childish I am not to mate with him. They don't understand my broken heart. How am I supposed to act towards a man who slept around with nearly a thousand different women in four years? I can't simply ignore my broken faith in him.

I've watched him from afar. Being up close and personal with him, scares me. I don't know how to act, speak or look. He has assured me multiple times, it doesn't matter what I'm wearing I'll always look beautiful to him. Still a doubt lingers. I am nothing compared to his past bed warmers.

I on the other hand, remember seeing him escorting all those stunning women on his arm day and night. They didn't dress in sweatpants and a hoodie. No they wore elegance as if it was running out of style.

He has taken his time with me. Calmly speaking whenever he is near. A small brush of his fingers on my skin every once in a while reassures him I'm real. I haven't kissed since that night. Do I crave to? Yes, every time I see his lips turn up in a bright smile.

Why don't I? It's too soon. We spent years apart and I can't bypass all that has happened in a few short weeks. If our relationship is to blossom we need to take baby steps. Rushing into mating will only cause problems between us. How would I know if his love is true?

How would I know if he is trustworthy? He hasn't looked at another girl since he has found me. At least that's what my family says. They aren't near him twenty-four seven to know his every detail.

Days after Derek spoke to the women, the royal family brought a few reporters into the castle. I was told to stay out of sight. They didn't want my picture floating around just yet. With word spreading, they wanted to hush a few details. Spin the story to make it look as if I wasn't able to come forward. For my safety and Caden's, I had to stay hidden until my eighteenth birthday.

A few believed it, but calls and letters arrived by the thousands after the news aired. They demanded to know who I was and why I had to stay hidden. People didn't believe the King's lie because they knew Caden had slept around. No mate would willingly sleep with another after meeting their soul mate.

The real reason I've barricaded myself in is because Caden, his father and the council requested it. Nearly two hours after the announcement aired I had been in the royal garden with my mother when six wolves attacked. All wearing servant clothing.

Nik may have trained me to defend myself against one attacker, but not six. A knife was held against mine and my mother's throat as they began to carry us away. My personal guards following at a short distance, hidden by the trees, waiting for the perfect moment to attack.

Ten minutes into the trip to who knows where, the servants carrying my mother and I let go. Give a breath of air in between our bodies. Demanding we walk on our own two damn feet. Threats were given of course. If we tried to escape, we would be shot with a tranquilizer.

Needless to say the moment a few inches were in between my body and his, wolves attacked. Caden going for the man who held me. Strong arms pulled me away from the blood bath. Staying strong I held on dearly to Taylor's chest. His warmth reassuring me. Calming me down until the fight was over and half the servants were killed.

Caden stood next to me, but with all the blood covering his naked body he dared not touch me. We were escorted back inside the castle grounds. The three servants being taken to the jail cells for questioning.

The rest of that day and night Caden didn't let me go. His arms held me tightly to his chest or side. For once I didn't mind him being close enough to breathe in his intoxicating scent.

 Since that day I secretly agreed with the King. I valued my life way too dearly to be kidnapped or worse killed. Not once did I try to venture out of mine and Caden's room.

Sighing I squint down at my two best friends and brother fighting. Caden held true to his word. The day after the family dinner Nikolai was released with strict measures. As of right now he is fighting with the lowest ranking wolves. Unlike how he used to be able to take down three or four at a time, he can barely survive one. Without his rank his wolf has to learn to fight all over again.

It's a horrible punishment. One I didn't want to see happen to him. In between his training he is kept in a holding cell on the first floor. It's where wolves who were given a second chance live. They get clothes, a bed and food. Nothing else. If they learn their skills and respect for the kingdom back then and only then will they receive rewards.

The first time I watched the wolves fight Nik, I came to realize they weren't going to go easy on him. Rumor spread of how I was found at his house the night of my eighteenth birthday. We aren't too sure who started it.

The damage was done though. Any wolf who saw him challenged him to a fight. It was their right to. In their eyes he kept their Princess hidden from their Prince. The males were outrages at his betrayal to not only his Prince, but best friend. As Commander of the military he forsaken his duty.

After Nik's fourth complete day of training and before Caden came for our nightly meal I raced through the hidden passageway to Nik's room. Making sure no one was there, I barged in and pleaded my case. I couldn't have him fight my battles. He was in this mess because of me. There had to be something I could do to get him out of it.

Shaking his head he told me to go back up to my room. Caden wouldn't appreciate the fact I had left my room to visit the traitor. He told me he could handle the abuse. That he deserved it. Hiding a mate is a horrible crime and he had to work himself up the ladder again. If he didn't he felt he wasn't worthy to be my blood brother.

I yelled at him, telling I couldn't stand by and watch him get tortured for my actions. Being beaten to an inch of his life wasn't worth it. He disagreed.

Not listening he pushed me towards the tunnel entrance. Kissing my forehead he shoved me gently inside. Telling me not to worry, that he would be fine. He had started out at the bottom once and rose to the top, he could do it again. I had nothing to worry about were his exact words before closing the door in my face with a small smirk.

Later that night a few maids entered the room with strays of food. Instead of dinning with Caden, my small family of three entered with worried smiles. I soon learned that one of the wolves housed with Nikolai had been pretending to sleep while I was speaking to Nik. He informed the King and Caden nearly right away. Trying to earn a reward for spying.

Instead of eating dinner with me, he was having servants hang security cameras all around Nik's room.

That night I got a lecture from my family on how not to piss off an already angry Prince. Needless to say I haven't left my room since that horrible mistake. Leaving through the tunnels would be a big mistake. I slightly feared Caden had put hidden cameras in our room.

Clearing my mind I try not to think on how my own mate could be watching me at this very moment.

Pacing the balcony, I watch Theo and Taylor sparing with Commander Togen. He was given the job of training them to be my personal guards. Only the best for the Princess, is what Togen said. As my brother, Taylor would be grossed out by flirting with me. And Theo, well he knows he would get his ass handed to him by not only Caden, but Commander Togen if he so much as looked my body up and down in anything other than a brotherly gesture.

They train from sun-up to sun-down. Servants bring them food twice a day as they are supposed to grab a hardy meal in the morning before heading out to the training field.

I secretly wanted to learn to fight. Nik used to go easy on me. I knew it too. Caden nearly punched a wall when I requested I be taught how to kick ass. His reply was to grunt and growl out how a Princess shouldn't need to defend herself. That's what her personal guards are there for.

Rolling my eyes, I kept my mouth shut. He clearly wouldn't budge. Too afraid to lose me. Apparently he believed I would search out danger if I knew how to defend myself better. What an idiot. Only men run head first into danger.

Hearing a knock on my bedroom door, I walked over to open it up. Stifling a laugh I watch as six seamstresses are covered in colorful fabric.

"Your highness, we are sorry for disrupting your morning. The Prince has requested us to make your coming out ball gown. If we are to finish within the time frame given, we must start today." Curtsying they try not to lose any of the fabric to the hard wood flooring.

"Maggie, you've known me since I was in diapers. There is no reason for you to call me your highness in private. Please call me by my birth name." Ushering them in with the sweep of my hand, I follow them over to the bedroom.

I had too much space to know what to do with it all. Thank goodness I didn't have to actually decorate it. Who knows how horrible a mess I would have made.

"Princess, what color do you prefer?" Holding up a few different colors, the other maids start to organize the fabric and supplies around the room.

Giving Maggie a stern look, or at least trying to, I place my hands on my hips. "What did I say about using my name Maggie?" A small smile breaking through my stiff lips.

"You told me not to call you your highness, you never once told me I couldn't' call you Princess." Grinning she holds a piece of fabric up against my arm, seeing if the color goes wells with my complexion.

Shaking my head, I give up. "You my dear friend have always known how to twist words to your liking."

"That I do Princess. I wouldn't want the younger maids to get into the habit of calling you by your birth name. They may just try to take other privileges." Understanding her meaning, I realize I'll have to make sure no one walks all over me for my kindness. If I allowed that, I might as well hand over my grown to Jessica.

"If you don't mind, I would actually love to wear blue. I know it's not a normal color for a coming out ball, but I feel rather beautiful in the color." I wore the same color to my first ball, this time I pray nothing bad will happen. I don't know how my heart will handle it.

"Oh dear, I secretly hoped you would pick that color. How I've missed using the striking blue fabric to create masterpieces." Turning her back on me, she retrieves seven different shades, placing them up against my arm once more to see which one fit perfectly.

"What do you mean? I've seen women wear blue gowns for years. How did you not make one of those dresses?" I've seen Maggie's work. As the royal seamstress, she has time on her hands to take special orders for nobles. I've even seen her do coming out dresses for servants. Of course those servants are usually in desperate need for help. Maybe one of the parents has passed away or they have too many children to afford an exquisite ball gown. She loved doing charity work on the side.

"My lady, didn't you know that the Prince demanded no one to wear blue after his birthday ball? He felt the color be only fit for you to wear. If you don't mind me saying speaking..." Nodding my head, I grant her permission to speak the truth.  "I believe he figured you would one day show up in your blue ball gown and surprise him."

Then I will make sure he knows not the color of my gown. Or at least what how it's designed.

"What about all those women wearing blue gowns?" I question. Maggie has me stand on a circular step after stripping down to my undergarments. Loose silk fabric is thrown over my shoulders.

Sucking in a deep breath, Maggie looks at me with pity. Her fingers twine together in anxiety. "I know the answer, my Princess. You won't like it one bit."

"They were his mistresses weren't they?" I didn't have to look at her to know I hit the hammer on the nail.

"That or they craved to be." Stifling a sob, I close my eyes. It's been three weeks and still I can't think of how many women he bedded.

I have an inkling that's why I can't go further than my first peck on his lips. The thought of kissing his lips after they've been on those females bodies turns my gut.

Not that Annabelle is helping. With my heat still intact, I have to feel his touch on my skin to cool it down at certain times. Not once do I have to call him to our room. Marcus his wolf hears Annabelle calling out to him to ease my aching body.

Caden knows that if he tried to force himself on me, I would leave him instantly. I'm not ready to bed him and I don't know when I will be.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up. Please forgive me." Curtsying she bares he throat for me. Not that I would ever hurt her for telling the truth. I will have to deal with the consequences of both mine and Caden's actions for years to come.

"It's not your fault Maggie. It's a fact I will have to live with for the rest of my life. The past is the past. It can't be changed." Taking a deep breath, I wave my hand to change the conversation. "What do you have in mind for my dress?"

Smiling I listen to her go on and on about the perfect dress for a perfect Princess. How I deserve the best for all I've gone through. I didn't know about that, but I kept my mouth shut. No point in arguing with her. I would only be fueling the gossip piranhas. 

Nearly two hours into the designing of the dress a loud explosion could be heard from the living room across from us.

"Wait here please." I command the maids. Picking up the miles of fabric thrown around me, I head towards the closed door. What on earth was that noise? It didn't sound as if it came from the television. No one was in there at that I knew of.

Slowly opening the sliding doors, a loud scream breaks past my lips. Five burly men stood in front of me. Brick dust swirling around the room from the gaping hole in the floor. They had blown a hole from bellow knowing it was the only way into this room. The hallway is blocked off to royalty, guards, my family and the maids who bring me food and of course the ladies inside with me.

Slowly I take a step back. My chest tightened in fright at the thought of what these men could do not only to me, but the women behind me. Caden was right, I stood no chance against men like this. They could crunch my bones in seconds. Massive hands the size of watermelons.

"Well...well....well, look what we have here men. Our Princess dressed and ready for her wedding." The man in front of me with black hair and eyes to match says. I felt as if I was falling deep into a pit of freezing cold ice water.

Clearly this man didn't know women wore white to their weddings, not dark blue.

"Not the thing to be thinking about Claudia," Annabelle snaps. Being in danger she tends to actually take over and become the more dominate between us. "Something is wrong. The guards should have been able to enter the room. Clearly one of the maids is working against you."

Instead of stepping towards the maids, I turn until my back is facing the wall with the hidden tunnel. Annabelle was nearly never wrong. If I needed to, I could possibly escape through it.

"It looks as if we will be leaving with our prize, men." Laughing the rest of the burly step towards me. "We struck gold today, my lady. You will earn us a mighty fine bag of gold." Grinning he shows his grimy rotten teeth.

Loud banging noise's break my concentration. The guards were trying to break down the door. Screams and shouts were softly breaking through the thick wood.

"Awe is someone's guards trying to get to their wee Princess?" Within a blink his hand is gripping my arm. Pain shoots down to my hand. The blood was being cut off.

"Claudia? What's going on?" I feel Caden's presence in my head. I figured from my fright I had blocked him. He sounded frantic. Scared even.

"There are ten men inside with us. They are here to kidnap me." I whisper to him. We may be speaking through our link, but I fear if I speak normally, the wolves in front of me will notice. Stupid really, but I'm too scared to care.

"Why is my arm tingling? Have they wounded you?" I could hear the terror in his words. The thought of losing me all over against didn't sit right with him one bit. "What is blocking the door? We are not able to break it down." Alarm spreads throughout his words. Causing my own body to slightly freak out. If they can't get to me, how am I to be saved?

"Oh my, someone is speaking to her mate. Tsk...tsk, my Princess. We can't have you giving away information to that worthless mutt." Grinning malevolently he pulls a syringe out of his pocket. "This should do the trick."

"Taylor, you need to guide Caden through the tunnels to our-". My words are cut off as my mind becomes fuzzy. The stabbing pain of the needle vanishes instantaneously.

"Now, don't worry. It won't kill you, only paralyze your body. You have no control over its actions. Your links have been cut as a result." Yanking my body to his, I try to scream out. Instead my legs give out, making me slide against his disgusting foul-smelling chest.

I felt like crying, kicking and biting the bastard holding me up. Instead I had to watch helplessly as he brought my face to his. Planting his cut up lips on mine. Bile threatens to rise up. Before it has the opportunity to, his pulls away with a wide grin.

"I can now gloat on how I kissed our beautiful Princess." Just you wait until my brother arrives. You won't be gloating for long.

"Let's get this done and over with. I do not want to be here when that door finally breaks into a million pieces and the royal guard comes charging in." One of the men behind my kidnapper demands. His built body passes us by. What were these men on?

Picking me up, he carries me bridal style until we are standing in front of three of the maids. The sinister looks on their faces, freak me out slightly. What is wrong with these people?

What happened to the other three? Did they kill them while I was being drugged? I pray not. Maggie is a good friend of my mothers. She will be heartbroken to realize she has lost a wonderful friend.

"You have our exit ready?" The second man questions. His tone leaving no room for mistakes.

Exit? There is no exit other than the main door and my hidden tunnels. There is no way they know about that. I would have seen someone using them by now.

"Of course my dear. You don't think we would allow this pathetic mutt to actually stay in the castle, let alone near our Prince do you?" Sneering she reaches out and smacks my unmoving face. "Your boss has assured me, she won't be returning, ever."

"He never lies. Twists the truth a bit, but never lies. If he promised you she will never return then she won't." Softly stroking my hair, I feel a chill go down my spine. What is wrong with this man? Why is he petting me?

"Excellent, once she is out of my way, the Prince is up for my taking." Laughing she starts to chant. She is a witch? I thought she was a werewolf? What is going on here?

I hear a small rumble in the man's chest as she continues to speak. He apparently didn't agree with magic. Or maybe it was he was afraid she might turn it on him.

Before any real damage could be done, I hear the small clicking noise, indicating the hidden tunnel was being opened. I pray Taylor had more than himself to save us. Though I hope he didn't show everyone the entrance. The more people knew, it was unlikely to stay secret.

"Hurry up witch. We don't have all day to mess around," he snarls. My body bouncing to the vibrations. "Remember the boss's words about us missing our exit. If you fail him, he won't be pleased."

Taylor! I scream out. Wishing he could hear me. Help me please.

Within the blink of an eye, the female is taken out. The spell she obviously used to keep the door shut broke as her body slammed into the wood flooring. A sickening crack could be heard as Taylor lands hard on top of her.

I couldn't see the door as my body wasn't angled towards it, but I did hear all the footsteps rushing towards us.

"I'll give you ten seconds to let my mate go before I rip you and your men to pieces for harming her," Caden snarls. If my body could feel a damn thing, I'm pretty sure I would be turned on.

Over the past three weeks, I've noticed how my body warms to his voice or touch. A tiny brush against my skin nearly melts my insides. It's torturous with my heat. All I desire to do is pounce on him. Rip his clothes off and kiss his whole perfect body.

Laughter echo's the tense atmosphere. "You haven't won, you pathetic mutt. Your dear mate no longer belongs to you. I've injected her with a liquid that will slowly kill the mate bond." The arms around me tighten with excruciating strength. If he gripped me any tighter, I might pop.

He what? Is that even possible?  I may have stayed away from Caden for years, but that doesn't mean I want to lose our mating bond. I ache for him to be wrong. Teasing Caden into reacting rashly.

"Liar, there is no such thing," Caden spits out. The tension growing with each ticking minute.

"Are you absolutely sure of that?" Loud growls resonate for several seconds.

"What do you want?" This time the King spoke. Wow, who else has come to my rescue? Father maybe? My mother better have stayed away. She is clumsy like me. Knowing her she would somehow get herself caught as well.

"To leave with our Princess," the big man utters detached.

"Why? Are you trying to kill the Prince in the process? It won't work. We would hunt you down until she is back safely in his arms. Where she belongs." I've listened to the King speak to audiences before, but hearing me speak about me, brought up a feeling I never knew I had.

"You would be too late. Her knew mate would claim her the moment he saw her. He has been waiting for this moment for years. No one will get in his way." The calmness in his voice frightens me. Who is his boss? Why has he waited years for me? None of this makes any sense.

"You will not be leaving this room alive. If you haven't noticed by now, you're down to six men. We have nearly twenty inside the room. More awaiting my command outside. Choose wisely because I'm not a forgiving man when it comes to family." The King already sees me as family?

Why did he have to shoot me up? I feel so helpless. It's quite irritating actually. I want to know who took out the four bulky men. The need to escape on my own mounts. Instead one of the males is going to have to detach my body from this beast of a man.

"If I die, I die. We knew what could possibly happen. My boss will stop at nothing to have her in his arms. You're only prolonging it. "Is this man crazy? Why take a job if you know you might die?

"Never!" Caden roars. "She is my mate, dammit. I've waited eight horrendous years for her. I won't give her up without a fight to the death."

"You will die then. He has powers you can only imagine." Snickering, I feel my body shake with the movement of his arms. He pulls me up right. My nearly naked body facing all the men in the room. Without a functioning body my head hangs limp.

"I'm guessing he isn't a werewolf then? Why would a wizard claim a werewolf? Without me, she has no crown. He won't gain any power by taking her away from me."

Yay, what he said. Your boss didn't' think about that did he now?

"He will have all the power in the world with her by his side. You will bend over backwards to have a glimpse of her. What if he demands you're thrown or her being raped by multiple men. We already know the response you would give. So in the end you have no power, mutt," he gloats. His hand reaches up, gripping my head as his tongue licks my shoulder up to my cheek. Leaving a trail of disgusting saliva.

My body drops to the ground with a loud thud once his tongue has left my body. Mentally screaming, I try to arch my back off the ground. He had put force into slamming me down. Tiny black dots graced my vision. I try to blink, but without control of my body, all I can do is stare up at the ceiling. Instead of going away the dots become worse with each passing second.

How can I feel this pain if I can't move my body? Why can't the pain be numbing as well?

Earsplitting snarls brake through my foggy mind. Right above me, the man turns into a gigantic grey wolf. Fear laces my insides when his paw is placed on my chest with considerable pressure. Snarling he pushes down until a loud snap is heard.

Screaming in my head, I yearn for my voice. For warm soothing arms to wrap around my broken body.

Why me? I only ever wanted to live a normal peaceful life. Not this. Never this.

"Stop!" Caden franticly yells. "Please don't harm her." A soft thud vibrates the wood floor underneath my body. What has happened?

Instead of listening, I watch as the wolf brings up his paw to let it sweep across my stomach. Slicing the skin clean open.

Another scream never escapes my lips. The flow of blood runs down my hips. Coldness blanketing my body as I continue to lose more blood than I should. Even a werewolf needs blood to survive.

"You wanted her alive. Why are you harming her?" I hear Caden howl out. His fist pounding against the wood.

If he is going to continue this, can he knock me out first? I don't do well with pain. My breathing has become shallow. If the wound on my stomach doesn't heal soon, I will be a goner.

Not listening to my unspoken request the wolf stomps down on my leg, breaking it in half.

"To prove we mean business. Our boss will be coming for her once her body heals. By this time next year she will be round with his second batch of children. You will be powerless. No one will follow you if you can't even protect your own mate from a few rogues. The moment you fall he will swoop in and claim the thrown as his. Your Queen will stand by his side. His children gripping her skirts playfully." Laughter ruptures my ears as his paw takes a swipe at my chest. Clawing until I feel blood bubble up in my mouth.

I couldn't breathe through the blood and pain from his paw and claws. My vision was blurry with tears. A scream stuck in my throat. Begging to be released to the world.

I tried to reach out to Annabelle, but our link was severed. How I needed her.

What drug did he give me? Anger blended in with my agony. I wanted their blood on my paws or at least Caden's paws. And I'm not a violent person either. What where they doing to me? I hated this feeling. I'm a gently person. A kind hearted person.

Screaming bloody murder in my head, I try to concentrate on Caden's voice. His soothing voice. A voice I could listen to nice and day. One I've dreamed of hearing speak my name. Call out how deeply in love he is with me.

I pray I get the chance to hear all his sweet words breathed against my ears. Sending shivers of delight shimmering across my skin, creating little bumps of pleasure.

"Killing you will give me great pleasure. Your boss will give you no pity. He will not come to your aid when you're screaming for a quick death downstairs in my father's dungeons. Your slippery red blood with coat my fingers as I slit your chest open with knives. Inch by painfully slow inch will I carve your body until it's camouflaged in blood and guts." My Prince, my own mate hissed with wickedness.

Through the fog I could hear footsteps nearing me. A shadow covered my face from above. The wolf growling as his territory was being invaded by enemies.

"Thinking I'm incapable of defending not only my mate, but my castle is a pleasant outcome. Your boss will not come fully prepared for war. Believing us to be weakling will be his undoing."

"You're a flimsy mutt. Your own mate ran from you. Hiding for eight years. You only found her because of her heat. Our boss knows this. He will use it to our advantage. Besides what male doesn't mate what is rightfully his? If she was anyone else's mate, she would be round with babies," a rogue laughed.

I wish they would stop this pissing match and save me already. The blood in my throat was cutting my airwaves off.

"My love, I'm sorry. Please forgive me." Through all the pain I could feel the atmosphere change. Caden's anger and worry shifted to confidence.

Before I could think on it more, shards of glass scattered from above me. Piercing my already bleeding body.

Bones snapping and realigning, growling echoing the walls and blood dripping from my wounds were all I could hear before the wolf on top of me disappeared. 

***********************************************

Authors Note: Thank you for reading. You guys are awesome.   

Read for free on my Ream page! The link is on my page. All you have to do is follow. Living with a Sex Demon will start to be posted in Nov 2023.

My Wattpad facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TessaThompsonBooks

Chapter Questions:

What do you think happened? 

Did someone save her?

Or did the wolves finally escape with her?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1.1K 37
It about Ella, she is from Asian that from borneo. Powerful she-wolf than other. Asian have powerful black magic that have no match with other witch...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
13K 399 33
(A/N. I DO NOT own any pictures throughput the book, no copy right intended. Will have Explicit content.) Sweet Katherine, A werewolf vampire hybrid...
17.9K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...