The(Not So) Little Secret.

By izzy1d2001

Avery Redwolf, was a Shadowhunter, a good one to be exact. She is Isabelle Lightwood's parabatai, Alec Lightw... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Important Please Read!

Chapter 3

733 8 0
By izzy1d2001

    Avery
~~~~~~~~~

   That night was almost perfect. My son was happy and that made everything worth it.

The next morning, I was up before everyone. So I decided to go up to the roof and think.

I don't know how long I was up there for, before someone else came up.

"Hey, you're up early. " Jace said as he sat down beside me.

I looked up slightly. "Yeah. I was just thinking."

" Zach is a pretty good kid. "

I looked up slightly and gave a small smile. "Yeah, maybe for others. He has his moments. He's a lot like you, you know."

He smiled at what I said and caught my gaze.

"Listen. I know, and I understand your reason to not forgive me yet. I just want you to listen, and hear me out. What I did, I know I can't take back. I put you in danger and i can't tell you how sorry I really am. The thing is, I am willing to do everything i can to make things better. I don't care how long it takes. "

I looked down at my hands for a few seconds. "I know. Things are just not clear, right now. And until we talk about it, I dont think they will be. "

After a half hour passed, I stood up and left to get ready for the day. When I got back to my room, I didn't expect someone to be in there.

There in the edge of my bed sat a girl, around my age. She had her makeup done almost perfectly, so it wasn't even a minute before I knew who she was.

"Who are you?" I asked. She hadn't noticed that I came into the room, so she jumped slightly.

"My name, is Annabelle. Please just call me Anna." She said as she handed me two books. "You and Jonathan need to read these, and then burn them."

I took the books and recognized them instantly. "How did you get these?"

Anna walked to the balcony out my window, before answering. "That I cannot tell you. Think of it as getting answers for the questions, that you can't answer. "

After she left, i looked at the books and I couldn't believe half of the things that were written in it.

After I looked at the second book, I totally freaked out. I threw the book across the room, and I slid off my bed, and onto the floor on my knees, and cried.

All of my childhood that I knew, was a lie. These books told me things that I never knew. They told me about experiments that were done on me.

It was only a few minutes, before the door opened and Jace came in. He immediately came over and gave me a hug.

"This can't be true. This has to be a joke. " I say with tears in my eyes, still, as I calmed down slightly. It was enough that Jace pulled away, and got the books I threw.

He read through them and his expression darkened slightly. "Avery, all this is sadly true. How much of your childhood do you remember? "

I looked up slightly "Not much. Why?"

"How did he get you to forget your whole childhood?" Jace asked himself as he looked at the books more. Soon closing them and dragging me out the door with him, before I could question what he said.

"Jace, where are we going?" He didnt answer as we came to the training room, where Izzy and Alec were.

"We need to go to Magnus' the first chance we get. " Jace said as he showed the books to them. Alec thought that we should take them to the Clave, but he explained how i dont remember anything that happened from my childhood, and that this might be the way to get to Valentine.

So Alec eventually agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was looking in my closet for something to wear for when Maryse and Robert come. But as always I couldn't find anything. I sighed slightly and went to go to Izzy but was stopped, as I opened my bedroom door to leave.

"Just calm down. Everything will be fine, okay?" Jace said with a small smile, hoping to calm me down a little. I didnt say anything, I just nodded and before I knew what I was doing, I gave him a hug.

There was a barely perceptible smile that appeared on his lips as he hugged me back. We stayed that way for a few minutes before we pulled away.

He gave me an encouraging, almost thankful smile before walking away. I continued to go to Izzy for an outfit, and almost immediately got one, along with a small, knowing smile.

A few hours later, when everyone was ready, Izzy said. "Okay then. Tonight we welcome mom and dad, act like everything is normal, and tomorrow night we go to Magnus'."

"Night?" Alec, who obviously never met Magnus before asked, raising his eyebrows. "Its Magnus Bane we are talking about." Izzy and I said at the same time.

I smiled for the first time since I read those books, just as the door of the institute opened, and Maeyse and Robert Lightwood stepped through. "Mom. Dad." Alec and Izzy both said with a slight nod.

I looked over and shared a look with Jace, obviously nervous about what they will say when they know about Zach, Who having realized that new people have entered the building, almost immediately hid behind me.

"Mom, dad, remember Avery?" Izzy asked pointing to me with a smile. I smiled and waved slightly.

"Bella!" Maryse said, beginning to move towards me, in order to give me a hug, but stopped when she saw Zach.

"And who is this?" She asked. I was about to answer but Jace cut me off.

"This is Zach..... He's... Our son. " As he said this he walked over beside me, and very lightly brushed his hand on my back, almost like he was trying to calm me down.

"Oh my god." Maryse said, quickly crouching down and smiling at Zach. "Come. Just let me take a look at you."

Zach slowly came out of hiding and looked up at me with eyes filled with question. It was after Jace and I nodded that he slowly walked up to Maryse.

I watched them and let out a breath, that I didnt know I was holding, As I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over to see Izzy giving me an encouraging smile, as Maryse mumbled. "He looks so much like Jace."

I gave a small smile back to Izzy as Zach introduced himself. Turning to me shortly after talking to Zach, they said. "Do you need help with anything?"

I shook my head slightly. "Thank you, but for now I'm okay." I said with a small smile.

"Good" Maryse said, closing me in a hug. "You should have told us. " She mumbled guessing that this is why I left.

I hugged her back. " I know." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tossed and turned for half the night, before I stopped trying to sleep. I took the book that mentioned my name, and went to the garden area.

I started reading it, the script about me so startlingly accurate and descriptive that it truly was astounding.

I read almost half of it, until I heard my name.

"Avery, what are you doing up? "

I looked up to see Jace.

"I could ask you the same thing."

He sat down beside me, noticing the book in my hands.

"You find anything in that?"

"Other than knowing that most of my childhood is a lie? Not yet. " I said with a small sigh.

He took the book out of my hands and read through it before closing it.

"Well, at least he probably made you spaghetti as well..." He said trying to brighten the situation.

I smiled slightly. A comfortable silence settled in for a few minutes before he said something that I never thought I'd hear him say again, and I didnt know how to react.

"Maybe this is why I love you..." He mumbled.

I went to say something, but I just shut my mouth again as I didnt know what to say. I watched as his eyes widened, realizing what he said, and he quickly got up and left.

I sighed slightly before I went to my room. What he said stayed in my head, as I tossed and turned all night.

In the morning I got up, the events of what happened last night still in my head. I decided to go ask him what he meant.

I walked out of my room and straight to his, knocking on the door. It opened in a matter of seconds.

"Jace, about last night what did you mean?"

He shook his head. "Uh... Nothing. Just that the fact that we were both raised by the same person was the reason we could have connected so well... You know, in the past."

There was something in his voice as he said that, which made me realize that, that was not the full reason.

"I know that's not the full reason."

He sighed slightly. "Just... let it go, okay? It doesn't really matter." He quickly walked off after that, leaving me to go to Izzy.

Walking to her room, I found the door open and she was sitting on her bed.

"I need your help. Jace... he said something to me last night and I dont know what he meant by it, and when I asked what he meant. Told me a reason that wasn't the full reason, so I told him that and he told me to let it go. And now I dont know what to think."

She immediately got up shut the door and sat beside me. "Spill."

I told her what happened, and then said. "He told me to let it go. I want to forgive him, but I dont want it to happen again. If its one thing I know, its that I cant let it go. If I let it go, then I might lose him. And I cant lose him... Not again."

I, realizing what I just said, turned back to Izzy to say something but she cut me off, before I could.

She put a hand on my shoulder. "Stop." She said with a smile, and then added. "I knew it! And why dont you tell him then?"

"because I cant. I dont know what to say, or even how to say it.... I think I should wait.... Yeah, I should wait.... Shouldn't I?" I had no idea what to do.

"You should do whatever you feel is the right thing. These things should always be done when the time is good for it, and only you can feel that." She said.

"That's the thing. I dont know. " I said shaking my head slightly.

"Dont know what?" She asked not really getting what I meant.

"That if I choose to wait or if I choose to tell him soon, I still might lose him." I looked at my hands.

"Avery." She put a hand on my arm. "Have you seen the way the guy looks at you? He literally confessed he loved you. I dont think that keeping him from you would ever be possible."

I smiled slightly. "Thanks, Izzy. Really."

"Dont thank me, I'm just merely stating facts."

I left soon after that, and went to find Jace. I stood in front of his door, slowly knocking on the door. It soon opened.

"Look I wasn't in my right mind. I did not mean it and I'm really sorry that it came out. What I said to you earlier really was the explanation. " He said as soon as he saw me.

I knew by the look in his eyes as he said it, that it wasn't true. So I did something, I didnt know if I should but I figured it was worth a shot. I leaned up and kissed him. It was a few seconds before he reacted, but when he did, he grabbed me by the waist, pulled me closer, and kissed me back.

I smiled as we pulled away.

"So it was pointless for me to spend the entire night trying to find an explanation to cover up everything?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Little bit." I said with a small teasing smile.

He looked at me with a small smile, before we both broke out laughing. After we calmed down I looked over to see Izzy at the end of the hall, with a big smile on her face.

She immediately asked for details, and stated that the two of us needed to find something to wear tonight, since we were going to Magnus'.

I got a dress and got ready, and then went to Zach.

"You are both dressed pretty..." He said as he looked at the two of us. "You are going somewhere, right?"

"Yes, we are." I said with a slight nod.

"Does that mean I have to change clothes?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"No." I crouched down to his level. "Zach, you cant come with us this time."

"So I gotta stay." He concluded, pouting.

"Yeah, sorry buddy. We'll be back before you know it."

He nodded and went over to his part of the room. And Izzy, and I left the room.

We met the others. "Ready to go?" Alec asked from where he stood in front of us, with Jace at his side.

"Yeah. Lets go." I said as I turned around and started to walk through the front doors, missing the momentary appreciative glance Jace sent me as his eyes moved to look at my outfit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 53.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
263K 11K 39
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
437K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...