Whose Eyes Were Red? [s.m][3]

By hoechlin72

A lot has changed in Beacon Hills. Scott McCall and his pack have just survived the Dread Doctors and Theo's... More

trilogy
epigraph
introduction
trailer
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
series epilogue
teen wolf: the movie
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8

chapter 22

4.2K 101 5
By hoechlin72

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lydia asked Levi as the two girls pulled up outside Lydia's house. The girl was staying over in the hopes of them being able to research more about Hellhounds.

"I just have this feeling Lyds," she started, her eyes looking into the distance as she stuttered with her words.

"What feeling?" Lydia asked, a gut feeling in her chest about what the girl was about to say.

"Like I'm not going to make it out alive of whatever this is."

//.//

"I was saying that if we're talking about some sort of mythical creature that's so powerful the only safe place to put it is in the Wild Hunt, then we have a serious problem!"

Levi stilled from inside the coach's office when she heard Mason voice his fears to Liam. She could feel the terror in the boys voice, and it wasn't really helping her with her own. There was something about whatever was happening that just wasn't sitting right with her. Lydia was away chasing another lead, while Scott and Malia went to try and track down Argent. Levi, the only one with an actual job, was stuck at school - watching Liam make more terrible choices.

"Can we figure it out while I'm running drills? Brett's meeting me to help the freshmen that wanna make First Line," the young beta responded as he fastened on his lacrosse gear. Not only did Levi hear Mason's interest peak, but so did hers. She hadn't seen the wolf in a while, especially after everything they went through with Satomi's pack in the deadpool.

"Brett? Incredibly hot Brett with the eight-pack abs?" Levi scoffed, knowing that Liam would definitely be able to hear her. She could feel her beta getting annoyed by Mason's constant need to remind him just how hot he found Brett.

"Pretty sure his name is just Brett," Liam scoffed, rolling his eyes as he rummaged in his locker for his deodorant.

"He has an eight-pack. Do you, do you know how hard it is for the human body to have an eight-pack? God," Mason breathed, thinking about the boys perfectly sculpted body. "Wait, why is he helping you?"

"I couldn't get anyone else to volunteer," Liam admitted, knowing exactly why.

"Well. Yeah, that's because there's no way any of 'em are gonna make First Line. I mean, no one does before junior year!"

"Scott did, and so did I. Coach even said Levi would have!" Levi smirked at this information, knowing that the coach was just winding the boy up. She had only ever played lacrosse once, and vowed to never play it again.

"Yeah, with a little supernatural help." Mason whispered, but too loudly for Levi's liking. She let out a soft growl from the office, knowing that Liam would catch her warning. The beta smacked Mason lightly in the chest, motioning to the office. "Sorry Levi," he whispered, Liam rolling his eyes at his best friend.

"Thanks for the gear, Liam, and the drills, and the chance, you know. Even if there really isn't one," one of the freshmen told him, sending a short look to Mason at the last part of the sentence.

"Unless you practice. Like, today. I mean, you could totally have a shot at making First Line. No, you all do, seriously. You guys could do it, seriously. I've seen you guys out there, you guys are gonna kill it!" Mason started rambling, with Levi finally losing the plot with listening to the boys constant muttering.

She opened the door to the office, all of the boys turning to look at her. Ignoring a few of the looks that some of the younger members gave her as they stared hungrily at her, she blew her whistle loud enough to catch Mason's attention.

"Dunbar, get him out of here, for the love of all things good in the world," she ordered, a smirk on her lips as she channelled her inner Coach. Liam grinned, lifting Mason over his shoulder as they walked out of the locker room.

____

"There you are! I've got openings tomorrow, if you're willing to talk, of course!" Monroe told Liam as she held a sheet of paper in her hands. Levi rounded the corner, something seeming off to her before she even caught sight of the interaction.

Liam looked anywhere but Monroe's eyes as he rubbed at the back of his neck. He wasn't too keen on the idea of a counsellor.

"Well, I don't have anything to talk about."

"He has a lot to talk about," Mason interrupted, referring to the emotional support he was needing since he and Hayden broke up over the summer. Levi wasn't sure where the girl had gone, but after Scott gave her the bite, they had sent the occasional text when Hayden needed help.

"We all have things to talk about, Liam," Monroe said, but there was something in her voice that sent chills down Levi's back. "You don't wanna start senior year with any heavy burden on your shoulders, do you? How about 2:00 p.m. tomorrow?"

Levi started to walk down the corridor, her eyes meeting Liam's. The boy knew that the girl was going to probably say something that would definitely result in him being forced to go to counselling.

"Well, that's my study period."

"Which is why I suggested it. Just take the form and think about it, okay? Hope to see you tomorrow. Remember, I have an open door policy!" Monroe said, passing the boy the piece of paper and watching him disappear.

Levi moved towards the woman, a fake smile resting on her lips as she held her hand out. The woman almost seemed to become nervous at the sight of her, and Levi was sure that she heard her heart skip a beat.

"Levi Hale, I'm the new assistant coach. I don't believe we have met," she introduced herself, feeling uncomfortable as Monroe connected their hands in one of the quickest handshakes ever known to man.

"Tamora Monroe, I have the feeling I'll be seeing a lot of you this year, Coach Hale," the woman said, something about the way she said it sending a chill down Levi's spine. The girl moved backwards slightly, something about the skin of the woman's hand burning her own slightly.

Levi rubbed at her hand before nodding at the woman. They parted ways, with Monroe looking back down at her hand. The faint purple wolfsbane residue was barely visible, but it had worked. She knew for sure now that they were in a school infested with the supernatural.

___

"Hale!" Levi smiled as she heard the familiar voice ring out across the parking lot behind her. She turned, a smile on her lips as she saw the tall boy jogging towards her.

"Brett, it's good to see you," she said, aware that there wasn't really any of the Satomi pack left. While he had been a dick at first, he had became a trusted ally for them to rely on. She hugged him, watching as he pulled the helmet back on over his face.

"I better get back to helping Liam, but it's good to see you!" He exclaimed, before jogging back to the lacrosse field. Levi smiled to herself, completely unaware of Monroe standing across the car park, a claw-marked lacrosse ball in her hand as she watched the interaction.

Levi reached into her pocket for her car keys, almost unlocking the car when her phone started to ring. The girl groaned, opening the car door while she pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hale?" She answered, waiting to see who was on the other side of the phone line.

"Derek? Wow! Your voice has certainly changed," the small sarcastic tone joked through the phone. Levi felt her heart lift slightly as she heard the man's voice.

"Chris, it's been a few," she laughed, knowing that he must be needing her help. "What's up?"

"I need your help with something."

Levi listened to his directions, before rushing into the car and turning the engine on. Speeding out of the parking lot, she didn't catch the hungry and vicious look that Monroe was sending her way.

___

"Major Delane is my contact at Camp Robertson. I'm surprised he didn't tell me about the change in protocol," Chris said while Levi stood on his flank. He had already told her his suspicions about these men he was meeting with being frauds, but he was wanting to figure out who they were working for.

"Well, the Major got promoted and was promptly shipped overseas," one of the men answered, looking Levi up and down as he sized her up. Something as small as her would be easy to take down, making him and his men wonder why the Argent had brought her to the gun exchange.

"Huh? Didn't know the Army worked that fast," Levi told them, Chris catching on to the ploy that she had just set up. He allowed his hand to fall to his gun holster as the man in front of them laughed slightly, trying to act natural.

"They do when they want to."

Chris laughed, before his expression fell serious. "The Major's not Army, he's a Marine. Who sent you? Who's buying all this weaponry?"

"We don't need to have a situation," the man told him, his finger nervously tapping at the side of his assault rifle. Levi sized the four men up, ignoring the one that Chris had informed her was his inside man. If she was quick, she could make take them all out before a single gun was fired.

"We already do. See, I don't sell to weekend warriors. You want these guns, you'll answer my question!" Chris ordered the men, slamming the gun case that was behind him shut.

"We're taking the guns, and the ammo, and the crates."

The fake soldiers raised their guns, allowing for Levi to almost scoff. She could feel the burn in her eyes that was keeping her red iris at bay. One flash of them, and she knew that everything would change. But she was just waiting on the signal from Chris.

"If you knew anything about guns, you'd know they're not loaded." The men ignored his comment, simply reaching into their pockets and pulling out their own ammo. Levi stirred at Chris' side, knowing that this certain changed the odds of them winning in a fight.

"We brought our own."

"And he always has a backup plan," Levi smirked, waiting for their guy on the inside to fire his weapon at the others. When that didn't happen, and they heard a body hit the ground behind them, Levi and Chris turned around to look at where the noise had came from.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" He asked, his eyes almost popping from his head as he looked at Scott and Malia. Levi sighed, rubbing at her head as she noticed Malia's foot on top of their inside man's chest.

"We're your backup!" Scott grinned, proud of his timing. He shared glances with Levi, but knew better to question why she was there.

"I had a guy on the inside," Chris deadpanned, sighing as he looked at the two supernaturals.

"Who?" Malia scoffed, not believing him.

"You're standing on him."

There was a short moment as everyone looked at the man on the ground before the guns were cocked.

"Get down!" Chris yelled, pulling Levi down behind a stack of crates with him as Scott and Malia dived for cover from the bullets. Levi breathed heavily, before taking the pistol that Chris had extended to her. He looked over at Malia motioning for her to grab the inside man and move him to safety. The were coyote shook her head, causing the three others to groan.

Chris and Levi shared a glance, jumping to their feet as they fired at the men with the rifles. It was remarkably easy to take them down, and with a little help from Scott and Malia, they had done it rather quickly.

Chris raised his gun to the head of the last man standing. "Who are the guns for?"

Levi saw the grenade fall first. She jumped backwards, yelling out as she grabbed on to Scott's shirt, tugging him away from the blast. The two alphas fell over, but luckily avoided the gas. They all jumped back up to their feet just in time to see a car drive away from the scene quickly, the tyres screeching as it went.

"For the record, I had everything under control," Chris said to Scott and Malia, causing Levi to snort a little at his indifference to their appearance.

"Clearly,"

"How did you find me?" Argent asked, sending a small accusing look towards Levi. The girl raised her arms, shrugging as she tried to symbol that she was taking no part in their tracking of the man.

"He did it," Malia shrugged, pointing to Scott.

"You left your computer in the bunker."

There was a moment before Chris and Levi both realised how Scott had easily got into the man's laptop. He was never really one for having a good password.

"Ah. I guess I need a new password."

"Allison?" Levi asked, a sad smile on her face as she thought about her best friend.

"Allison."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 803 42
✧˖*°࿐𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 ━━ changes in the city, group of teens just want to survive the flash apply fic multiple ocs × multiple ocs MissSwan
15.3K 259 17
A mother Lorelai Gilmore, twin sisters Rory Gilmore and Eva Gilmore. Rory is the all around good girl. Smart, pretty, shy and well... good. Eva is a...
250K 6.1K 20
when I saw you, I felt something I never felt [ the vampire diaries ] [ season 4 ] [ second book in 'the wolf' series ]
18.7K 863 54
growing up in a family entangled in the rigidity of tradition, evelyn harper sought solace in the embrace of soccer. the soccer field was her sanctua...