Breaking Brielle

By CammiKenny

"Matthew Preston? The kid who doesn't have any friends?" "Matt Preston? The kid who used to play on the foot... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
E P I L O G U E
N O T E
B O N U S

E L E V E N

19.5K 745 194
By CammiKenny

Breaking Brielle

Chapter Eleven

Not Edited

~ Brielle Clark's POV ~

Aunt Miriam wasn't going to be home this weekend because she was going to some sort of auction to get cheaper stock for the diner. So like any great teenagers, Faye and I decided to throw a party.

"You're officially invited to Faye and I's party!" I sat down across from Matthew.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Faye and I are throwing a party at my house and I'm inviting you" I grinned.

"I-I don't go to parties" He stared at me.

"You also didn't want friends. And now we're friends" I grinned.

"I'm not going" He shrugged and turned back to the book he was reading.

"Matthew" I crossed my arms. "If you don't go to parties, why were you at that party I was at a few weeks ago?"

"I lived near by" He shrugged.

"Please" I poked his arm and he snorted.

"Faye hates me"

"Faye doesn't hate you" I laughed.

"She's giving me a death glare" He nodded towards where Faye was sitting with Margaret and Harper.

I squinted at her and she looked away.

"No she isn't" I looked back at him and he had a small smile on his face.

"I'll think about it"

"Really?" I grinned brightly.

"I- yeah" He scratched the back ofhis neck.

"Good!"

We spent the rest of our lunch period in silence just eating. When the bell rang we both stood up and threw out our trays.

"Bye" Matthew stood there awkwardly.

"Bye!" I reached over and gave him a hug.

I turned around and walked towards Faye, Margaret and Harper.

"Did you just hug him?" Faye asked.

"Mhm" I nodded and laughed quietly at Matthew. He was standing there looking at the ground confused.

"He's like a cute lost puppy" Margaret cooed.

"He looks like an idiot" Faye scowled.

"Stop being so mean" Harper laughed.

"Yeah, he thinks you hate him" I glanced at her and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why were you talking about me?"

"I invited him to the party and he said that he thought you hated him" I explained and she smacked me on the shoulder.

"You invited him without asking?" She hissed and I rolled my eyes.

"You would have said no"

"Damn right" She crossed her arms and I laughed.

"Hey guys!" A familiar voice said and we all turned towards it.

"Hey Jackson!" Harper greeted.

"Hey, what're you guys up to?" He asked.

"Just talking about the party we're throwing" Margaret smiled.

"And I wasn't invited?" Jackson mocked.

"You can come if you want" I smiled.

"Awesome. Where's it at?" He asked.

"Our house. Next door to the diner" Faye answered.

"I didn't know you two were related" He pointed in between Faye and I.

"Yeah! We're cousins" I laughed.

"Awesome" He grinned at me.

The rest of the day went by quick. Faye and I left right after school to go pick up stuff for the party. When we got home, Aunt Miriam said goodbye to us and as soon as she left we started setting up. We pushed the couches to the walls and moved the coffee table to the back wall so there was room for dancing. Then we collected all valuables and locked them in Aunt Miriam's room.

We put food out all over the house and then set up the kitchen into a make shift bar. We filled the sink with ice and dumped all sort of beers in it. Then we set up all the liquor on the counter and put cups around.

I linked my phone onto the tv and played a random spotify playlist. It was 8:30 when people first started showing up and by 9:30 the party was in full swing.

"This is awesome!" Faye yelled in my ear over the loud music.

"I know right" I hopped around to random pop song that was on.

"Do you think Karl is going to show up?" Faye asked and I nodded.

"He's into you" I grinned.

I was going to ask her if she thought Matthew was going to show up but I didn't want her to get the wrong I idea.

"Can I cut in?" A voice asked and I turned around to see Jackson.

"Hey!" I smiled at him as he took Faye's place.

"Hi" He smiled and we started dancing together.

"Nice party" He complimented.

"Thanks!" I laughed.

"Do you want to get a drink?" He asked after 10 minutes of dancing.

"Sure" I smiled.

We walked into the kitchen and we grabbed a beer and just starting talking about a whole bunch of stuff.

"You're really cute when you're confused" He laughed.

"I'm not confused" I blush.

"Oh yeah? What did I just say?" He smiled.

"Uh something about football" I laughed and he grinned at me.

"Adorable- Hey Matt" Jackson said and I turned around to see Matthew.

"Matthew!" I exclaimed and went in for a hug.

"Hey" He mumbled awkwardly.

"I'm happy you could make it! I thought you weren't going to come" I pulled back and he shrugged.

"Got bored"

"Hey, I'm going to go back inside. I'll see you later" Jackson said.

"Oh okay! See you!" I called after him as he walked back inside the living room.

"Want a drink?" I asked Matthew and he shook his head.

"I got to drive home" He pulled himself up on a stool.

"Ah" I nodded and leaned against the refrigerator. "Well I'm glad you're driving responsibly"

"I'm glad too" He laughed.

"Your laugh is nice" I giggled.

"Well that's a first" He snorted. "I think you're friend over there is annoyed"

I glanced over to where he gestured and saw Jackson staring at us.

"Why would he be annoyed?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Seriously?" He asked and I looked over at him confused. "Nothing. Nothing"

"I want to know!" I whined and he rolled his eyes.

"Drunk Brielle is worse than sober Brielle"

"You're mean" I pouted and he snorted. "Why am I your friend?"

"I don't know. You forced me to be your friend" He shrugged.

"Shut up. You love me" I crossed my arms.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that" He said sarcastically and I dramatically gasped.

"How dare-"

"Ooh go team Matthew!" Margaret yelled as she stumbled down the stairs.

"What?" Matthew raised a confused eyebrow.

"I have no idea" I blushed and shook my head.

a u t h o r s   n o t e

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to,

Vote, Comment and Follow!

c a m m i

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 125 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
70.9K 981 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
362K 7.3K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...
212K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...