strange love - n.h.

By arietem

Molly Winter is working hard to earn money for her art studies. Even with her troubled family and dark future... More

2. The Importance of Family and Brownies
3. The Joy of Getting the Day Off
4. The Second 'First Meeting'
5. With a Little Help from My Friends
6. Friday
7. Strawberry Daiquiris The Naked Truth - and Harry Styles
8. Question #21: Ever Seen the View of London by Night?
9. Why is the Blues not a Passing Bird?
10. Boys will be Boys, Girls will be Girls
11. Who Doesn't Love Chinese Take Away and Good Company?
12. She is on Fire. Unknowingly Igniting the World around Her
13. The Two Visits
14. The Snowflakes in Her Hair
15. The Morning
16. Liam's Idea
17. It's the Little Things that Matter
18. A Secret Goodbye
19. Abroad and Apart
20. I've Got You to Keep Me Warm
21. A Girly Surprise
22. Up All Night
23. Putting on a Mask
24. Packing Things Away
25. You Can Fly
26. To Forgive is to Forget
27. Too Much to Handle
28. Life is full of Ups and Downs and Misconceptions
29. From Heaven to Hell
30. Tears, Choices and Cartoons
31. Chasing the Clouds Away
32. Shattered Dreams
33. Christmas Morning
34. A New Year
Epilogue
Sequel to Strange Love - Inconvenient Love description
EXTRA: Harry and Sophie one shot - part I

1. The Irish Guardian Angel

69.4K 685 218
By arietem

1. Chapter - The Irish Guardian Angel

Beep, beep, beep.

"Oh fuck!" I rolled off the couch with the blanket strapped around my waist and legs.

"Oh no, no, no. Please just...BLOODY FUCK!" I ripped off the blanket and sprang up from the floor after I had fallen off the bed, murmuring, "Fuck, fuck, fuck."

"This is so not happening! Sophie...Sophie wake up!" On the other end of the couch, Sophie was rolled up in several blankets. Her face was hidden but her messy, dark, shiny hair was everywhere. "Leave me alone. I'm enjoying my ehm...extended summer holiday. Just leave..." she mumbled from underneath the thick blanket. I rolled my eyes and smiled. Extended holiday, ha!

What was next? Oh yeah, right. I was late for work. Bathroom. I hurried out and splashed some water on my face, hoping for a refreshing, awakening effect. I tried brushing my tangled hair, but eventually gave up and ended up with a messy bun.

With the toothbrush in my mouth, I ran back into the kitchen and grabbed my bag. I yanked out my Levi's overalls and a white oversized shirt with a black print. While somehow trying to both brush my teeth AND take off my oversized night t-shirt, I hurried back to the bathroom and got dressed within minutes.

I had to make it. Okay, I stopped up before the door. I had my keys and iPhone in hand, bag, shopping bags, canvas for the painting, scarf - yes I had everything.

I had just opened the door when Sophie's sleepy, pleading voice broke the silence that had once engulfed the room.

"Will you buy me a chocolate chip cookie? Please, please, please, please, please with a cherry on top? You are going to Starbucks anyway, sweet, beautiful Molly. My dearest and best friend - please?"

"I thought you were enjoying your holiday by sleeping?" I let out a laugh by her sudden cookie-enthusiasm and promised her to trace down the very best cookie in town for her to have.

I checked the clock on my iPhone as I plugged in the earphones and pressed play.

It was 5:45AM - I had 15 minutes left. "Shit," I muttered under my breath as I ran down onto the streets of London.

NIALL's POV

Damn - how was it possible for someone to make SO much noise while sleeping? Seriously. I rolled over once again on the couch and pressed the pillow down over my ears. James' snoring was insanely loud - but then again, he was a huge guy.

"Ugh," I muttered, frustrated. The lads and I had just returned from the US tour the night before. Zayn and Harry had gone straight to their families after we landed. Louis and Liam were visiting their girlfriends, which meant that I was left alone on my security guy, James', couch. You might ask why I did not just head straight to my own apartment.

Well, there were simply too many fans outside my apartment the previous night for me to get in - or at least to try! We had gotten in pretty late and the trip had been extremely long and exhausting. So I crashed at James', as he lived nearby. Tomorrow - or today, what time was it anyway? - I would return to my apartment and give them a proper arrival, I thought to myself.

I searched under the blankets for my phone. It was 5:32 AM, Jesus Christ. I had been awake for an hour by then! That meant I only slept...for four hours? I rolled over again, moaning. I sighed and eventually got up. I wrapped the blanket around me and stumbled through the dark room towards what I imagined would be my suitcase.

Searching with the assistance of my cellphone's flashlight, I found a blue hoodie, a pair of jeans and a beige muffler. The previous night at Heathrow airport, it was as cold as ice, but then again it was October - what could I have expected from the weather of London?

I groped my way to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and splashing some water onto my face. I got dressed and went to look for food.

"Ugh, well I guess I should have expected this..." I mumbled to myself as I opened the very last cupboard, after searching everywhere including the suitcases without finding any food.

I looked over at the comfy couch. I couldn't decide what to do. I was starving and there was no food there. It wasn't something to kid around with and I was getting seriously hungry - how had it ever come this far? That damn jet lag was messing with my eating habits.

I found my red converse from last night under the couch, grabbed my black Ray Bans, iPhone, and wallet and headed out the door silently.

Well, there probably wouldn't be many fans out at this time of day, I thought to myself. I slipped the Raybans into my pocket and stopped for a second, enjoying the cool air. Oh man, had I missed London! There was a thick clump of fog and not many people in the street.

I checked my phone and the clock read 5:52 AM - I looked around for possible food sources. Of course - my usual spot, they opened at 6:00 AM. It had been ages since I had last been there. I crossed the street as I pulled up my hood.

MOLLY's POV

I ran across the street and pushed the door open to Starbucks. It was really foggy this morning and there weren't many people in the streets. Did I miss out on some kind of holiday? However, it WAS six in the morning so it was only logical that there would be only a few people awake.

I breathed heavily and put down the three bags and the white canvas I was carrying. I still had a brown, large, leather shoulder bag that I wore across my body. I pulled out my one earphone and smiled at the girl behind the counter.

"Morning Molly," she said to me, smiling. "The usual? Miles is in the back, which means I do not know you, got it?" she whispered to me and winked.

I laughed. "And good morning to you too, Jules - don't you think he has figured it out yet? I mean, I have been coming here twice a week for the past three months - I ought to know you by now, right? Anyway, yeah the usual - and a Caffé Misto venti double shot with ... hm, Irish cream syrup, that sounds so yummy- I could really use some caffeine, I'm absolutely drained from energy!" I whispered back at her.

I could hear the door open behind me, and I made no effort in turning around to see who came in the door as I shuddered when the gust of cold, humid wind came in contact with my body.

"Well, yes ma'am," Jules said before saluting while grinning and going to the back, probably to get some coffee beans.

My phone started ringing, so I sat down beside my bags, plugged in my earphone and answered. "Morning Molly, how are things going? You enjoying all of that spare time you got now?" the familiar voice asked.

"Granny! Yeah I'm great, I'm fine, I'm just running a little...well a lot late this morning actually. You know, since I have these three different jobs, not a big deal. How are Pete and Lissie - and Grandpa? I miss them so much!" I asked and started doodling on a tissue using a sharpie I had in my purse.

"They are great - they miss you too! You got another job? Wow - you do know we would be more than glad to help you financially if..." she let her sentence trail off and spoke again. "Anyway, I was wondering if you could look after them this Thursday? Grandpa and I wanted to go to this classic concert and it's been a while since you've last seen them - so we were thinking-" I cut her off mid sentence.

"Yes, of course I will! That would be perfect. I'll be there at six, 'kay?" I saw that Jules was almost done with my order as she poured the last espresso shot in the cup.

I heard my granny agreeing and we said our goodbyes, hanging up the phone.

NIALL's POV

There was only one other customer in Starbucks. I hurried into the warm shop, instantly smiling at the smell of coffee and fresh cakes.

The other customer was a young girl in overalls, converse, a white, woollen sweater and a hell of a lot of bags and...was that a canvas that stood by her chair? Her hair was extremely tangled and tied up in a messy bun. She had a very mixed hair color - bronze, beige and light brown waves. She looked eighteen, maybe nineteen years of age? And that was when I got nervous, knowing she'd probably recognize me.

I looked around and sat down on a comfy looking black leather couch while waiting. The girl then started talking to herself. What the heck? But then I noticed the white earphone in her ear and instantly felt stupid.

I picked up a magazine, flicking through the pages without real interest. My stomach was rumbling like hell and I could almost feel it contracting. I overheard the girl's conversation, which apparently was with her- "Granny! Yeah I'm great, I'm fine, I'm just running a little...well a lot late this morning actually. You know since I have these three different jobs, not a big deal. How are Pete and Lissie - and Grandpa? I miss them so much!"

I felt bad to have eavesdropped on her conversation and tried focusing on the magazine, but I was just so damn hungry! I wondered what her face looked like - I sometimes wondered such things when I was extremely bored and in this case, hungry. I needed food. I looked around, longing for the taste of the cookies and delicious sandwiches that were placed neatly in the fridge by the counter.

"The usual, and a Caffé Misto venti double shot with Irish cream syrup, for you ma'am!" said the girl behind the counter in a very dramatic tone. "And a cookie, sweetie!" the girl announced raising her hand.

A guy stood by the cash register, waiting for her to pay. I got up from the couch to order.

"Shoot...of course, I knew there was something," the girl with the many bags whispered while throwing her hands in the air and turned around. She was very close to me all of a sudden. She eyed me and well, she didn't really seem to recognize me. She had emerald green eyes that in a way, resembled Harry's but were a deeper shade of green.

"Do you come here often?" she asked, looking directly at me.

"Um...I...well I...I haven't been in town the last half a year, but I used to come here all the time, so...I will probably start coming here again?" I asked her, letting her decide whether the answer was good enough or not while rubbing my neck involuntarily because of how nervous I was.

"Woah, you're Irish! I guess I can trust you then." She smiled widely at me and winked. I didn't quite know how to answer that, so I let her continue. "Ok, the thing is - uhm...my name is Molly and I have forgotten my wallet like the stupid person I am." She rolled her eyes."And I will get fired if I do not bring this coffee to my boss." She lifted the cup which had the word 'usual' written on it.

"If you could lend me the money - I promise, I promise to keep my word - I will return the money same time, same place, next week. I will make it up to you!" She smiled at me hopefully.

What the heck? "Um...okay...yeah I guess that sounds...reasonable." I handed the guy behind the cashier the money, paying for the coffee Molly held.

She looked at the coffee in her hand. "You know what? Now that I think about it, this is such an amazing coincidence - you see, I have never ever tried ordering Irish cream syrup and then you show up!" She had lightened up by this realization and flashed another smile at me.

She looked at me for a moment, considering something. "You seem like a decent guy. If I give you my number - here." She ripped a little piece of a napkin on which she had written her number, and then handed it to me. "And you ensure me you are not a serial killer...or a future stalker of mine, you can have this as an insurance of my return! Try to send me a text - you'll see it's my real number!" She was very enthusiastic about this. I didn't even doubt her words yet I texted her anyway.

PING - her phone received my message. "And just for the record, last time I checked, serial killer wasn't on my résumé." I smiled at her. She laughed, looked at her phone and-

"Oh fuck, bloody fuck. I gotta run - see you Irish guardian angel!" She hissed then smiled before blowing me a kiss over her shoulder as she grabbed her many bags, coffee, canvas and made it outside, running across the street.

Holy crap, that was definitely unexpected. I looked at her as she walked away for a moment, and turned to order some food. I smiled as I composed a new tweet and sent it: "@NiallOfficial just got promoted to 'Irish guardian angel'!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Click external link to see the photos for this story! :D

//arietem

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 13.1K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
185K 4.7K 34
Grayson Dolan's fuck boy of a twin brother transfers to his college and takes liking to his best friend Ellington *Completed*
5.9M 137K 81
Trinity was an ordinary teenage girl. She wasn't one of the popular girls, but wasn't looked down on, either. She was just sort of there. Boys had ne...
67.8K 295 11
Honestly self explanatory. I just wrote one and realized I could publish it I'll take requests, just no broxbro