If You | Jensoo

By Adeptarmy11

It's been exactly a week since Jennie started to notice the girl. The first time she saw her, the mysterious... More

Ch 1.
Ch 2.
Ch 3.
Ch 4.
Ch 5.
Ch 6.
Ch 7.
Ch 8.
Ch 9.
Ch 10.
Ch 11.
Ch 12.
Ch 13.
Ch 14.
Ch 15.
Ch 16.
Ch 17.
Bonus: Seulrene
Ch 18.
Ch 19.
Ch 20.
Ch 21.
Ch 22.
Ch 23.
Q & A ft. My face
Ch 24.
Ch 25.
Ch 26.
Ch 27.
Ch 28.
Ch 29.
Ch 30.
Ch 31.
Ch 32.
Ch 33. The Last.
Ch 34. Night Changes.
Ch 35. Officially Missing You
Ch 36. Happy.
Ch 37. You & I.
Ch 38. Until The End.
Ch 39. They Need You.
Ch 41. The End?
Epilouge

Ch 40. Baby Don't Cry.

8.8K 292 122
By Adeptarmy11

Song Rec: EXO-K -Baby Don't Cry (Its old but look at them :))

•Jennie•

Jennie sat on the couch with their passports and tickets in hand as their luggage sat next to her. She smiled and looked up to the upper floor of their apartment.

"Hurry up and come down, Jisoo! We'll be late for our flight!" Jennie calls out.

The two newlyweds were getting ready to go on their honeymoon. Their first stop being Paris, France.

Her brows furrowed when she got no response. She stood up and walked upstairs to their bedroom.

"Jisoo yah?" Jennie says as she opens the door slowly.

Jisoo sat on the bed with her back faced to Jennie. She was breathing heavily as she looked down at her hand, that held her side. It was bleeding from the bullet wound.

"Jennie yah. Don't come any closer." Jisoo says looking over her shoulder at Jennie. "You go down first. I'll be...right...t-there." She says breathing heavily as she lets out a quiet groan of pain.

Jennie walks towards her slowly in confusion, as Jisoo stands up.

"What's the matter Jisoo?" Jennie asks grabbing her arm and turning an unsteady Jisoo towards her. She shouts as she sees Jisoo holding her bloody wound with her hand. "Jisoo! What happened?!" She says steadying Jisoo.

"I'm fine Jennie." Jisoo sighs out as she steadies herself on Jennie.

"What happened?" Jennie says frantically.

Jisoo lets out a groan of pain as she falls forward and onto the floor, holding her bloody hand over her side.

Jennie panics and leans down over her. "Jisoo! What's going on?" She says shaking Jisoo as her eyes close. "Jisoo wake up! Jisoo! Please! Wake up!" Jennie says as she cries. "Jisoo What happened to you!" She says as she continues to shake her unconscious wife. "Jisoo! Wake up! Kim Jisoo!"

"Kim Jisoo—"

Jennie eyes pop open as she catches her breath. She looks around the room.

The same white walls surround her, the same steady beep of the heart monitor, and her wife in the same position in the hospital bed.

She lets out a deep breath, realizing it was just a dream. Although it was a dream, she can't help but think it isn't to far off of her reality.

Jennie looks over at Jisoo and gives the hand in hers a light squeeze. Wishing, hoping, that soon it would squeeze back.

But it doesn't come...

So she rests her head back on the bed and closes her eyes again.

•Jisoo•

"It hurt a lot right?"

She hears Jennie's voice. The ringing in her ear had finally subsided but all she could see was black.

Jisoo wanted to open her eyes. To assure her wife that everything was okay, but she couldn't find the strength. So she listened...she listened to her wife cry as Jisoo laid there, unresponsive.

"It must hurt." Jennie cries.

She could feel Jennie by her side as the girl held her hand in hers.

"You're in a lot of pain right?" She sobs. "Jisoo..."

Jisoo wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around Jennie, and stop her cries...but it was no use.

"Kim Jisoo, what do we do...What are we going to do?" Jennie cries.

Jisoo cries too. She can feel Jennie's lips press lightly onto hers for a moment, and she cries because she can't kiss her back. She can't give that reassurance.

"I love you..." she hears Jennie whisper. "I love you Jisoo."

"You have to survive no matter what, okay?"

"Jisoo..." Jennie calls her. "Kim Jisoo." She sobs into Jisoo's shoulder.

"I love you too..." jisoo says to herself, as her own tear slips down her cheek.

•Jennie•

Jennie looks up from Jisoo's shoulder to look at her face. Only to see a tear slip out of Jisoo's eye and fall down the side of her face and land onto the pillow.

Jennie only sobs louder, and it isn't long until strong arms are wrapping around her.

They're not the arms she wants, but it's what she'll have to deal with as she turns to sob into their chest.

It's a familiar scent, and Jennie knows that it's her mother. She hugs her tightly and lets the sobs take over her body to the point where she can't control it anymore.

"Eomma!" Jennie sobs loudly. "She can't go! She can't! I need her!"

Chaelin can only hold her tighter and let her own tears slip down her cheeks silently, as her only daughter breaks down.

"Shh baby girl..." Chaelin whispers kissing her the top of her head.

The room is completely silent, the only sound being Jennie cries. Namjoon was right. We can't all be strong.

•Jisoo•

She could hear it.

She could feel it.

She could see it.

The heart monitor was the only sound that filled her ears. She could feel Jennie's soft hand in hers, the one that fit perfectly. Lastly, the light filtered through her eyelids before she opened her eyes.

It was dark. Jisoo looked up at the clock as it read 3:45 am.

Her eyes shifted over to her side to see Jennie asleep in the chair next to her. She looked drained. Emotionally and physically. She didn't want to wake her, cause she suspects this is the first time she's slept in hours.

Jisoo weakly moves her arm to the button and signalled a nurse into her room.

Only a few minutes later one came in and Jisoo immediately put her fingers to her lips, telling her to stay quiet.

The nurse nodded as she silently checked her vitals. She pulled out a pen and paper and wrote on it before handing it to Jisoo.

Are you experiencing any pain? Jisoo read.

She shook her head and the nurse nodded before writing down something else.

Do you remember your name and birthday?

Jisoo took the pen and paper with one hand before shakily writing down her name and birthday.

The nurse nodded and wrote that she would get the doctor to come in the morning.

Jisoo nodded and pointed to Jaesoo asleep in the crib. Silently asking if the nurse would bring her to Jisoo.

The nurse nodded and quietly lifted Jaesoo, placing her into Jisoo's arm, before leaving.

Jisoo looked down at her sleeping daughter and let her tears fall silently. She's grateful to feel her in her arms again, to feel her steady chest rising and falling. She let out a shaky breath as she cried silently before pressing a kiss to her daughter's forehead.

"I had to come back to you..." Jisoo whispers.

She slipped her hand out of Jennie's as carefully as she could do that she could lay Jaesoo against her chest instead. After doing so, she takes Jennie's hand in hers again.

•••

When Jisoo woke up again, the sun had just begun to rise. Jaesoo was still asleep in her arms and Jennie hasn't moved either.

Some of the sun leaked through the curtains and shined onto Jennie's face.

Jisoo looked at her wife's face and recalled their favourite memories. She smiles as she remembers the first time Jennie ever got jealous.

Flashback

Jisoo sat in the cafeteria with a pen in her mouth as a girl named, Do Yeon, sat across from her.

"Tell me what my problem is!" Do Yeon says. "I'll fix everything you don't like about me, so tell me."

Jisoo narrowed her eyes at the girl across from her as she observes her. She leans back in her chair and points her pen at her. "Your eyes. Nose. Lips. Ears. Voice. Height. Personality. Blood type."

"Fine. I'll fix all of those things. You'll date me if I fix all I those things, right?" Do Yeon says and Jisoo sighs.

"I have a girlfriend. And her personality is no joke." Jisoo says shaking her head. "If she knows you're being like this, you could end up buried alive."

Do Yeon slaps her hands onto the table. "What the hell do you mean, you have a girlfriend?" She says upset.

"I'm Kim Ji Soo's girlfriend."

Jisoo turns her head to see Jennie walking up to their table. Jisoo crosses her arms and nods to Do Yeon.

What she didn't expect is for Jennie to embarrass her.

"Are you done with class? My honey bear?" Jennie says doing her cringiest Aegyo possible, making Jisoo's smile drop, as she side eyes Jennie like she's crazy.

Jisoo laughs nervously as she looks at Jennie, as she puts on a fake smile.

Jennie only sits down next to Jisoo and pinches her cheeks in between her fingers. "Oh just look at my totally gorgeous snuggly bear!" She says continuing to embarrass Jisoo as much as she can. "I though I'd go insane from missing you. Even though it's only been 12 hours since I last saw you!" Jennie says continuing to pinching her cheeks roughly and smiling at her.

Jisoo knew that this was punishment for hanging out with Do Yeon in the first place. But two could play at this game.

Jisoo grabbed her hand and pulled them away from her cheeks. Jennie just smiled sweetly, but her eyes told Jisoo a different story. A 'this is what you get' look.

Jisoo smiled back going along with her act. "I missed you that much, timed one hundred!" She says before suddenly catching Jennie off guard and hugging her tightly.

"Ow.." Jennie whispers through clench teeth but Jisoo only shakes her in her arms.

"I missed you so much honey!" Jisoo says and she feels Jennie hit her back. "So much so, that my eyes got sore." She says sweetly as Jennie hits her again.

Jisoo lets her go and Jennie glares at her slightly. Jisoo fake chuckles as she pulls away as Jennie gives her a sweet smile in return. Jisoo pressed a finger in between her eyes, which were still glaring.

"Your eyes."

"Your nose." Jisoo says pinching her nose roughly.

"Your mouth." Jisoo says squishing her cheeks in her hand.

"You ears." Jisoo says pinching her ears. "How is it that every inch of you is just pure perfection? There's not a single aspect of you that I would change!"

"YAH!" Jennie shouts loudly making everyone in the cafeteria look at them. She lets out a deep breath and stands up, flattening out her skirt before turning to face Do Yeon with a sweet smile on her face. "Yah, watch it. Kim Jisoo is mine. Got that?"

Jisoo looks between the two girls in awe.

"If you ever make a pass at my honey bear again. I'll destroy you." Jennie says. Before raising a threatening fist at Do Yeon. "Got it?"

End flashback.

Jisoo lets out a silent chuckle as she thinks about it. Jennie trying to be scary is one of her favourite things, cause she was just a big softie.

Her mind wanders back to one of their first dates. Jisoo had taken Jennie to see a movie.

Flashback

Jisoo suppressed her smile as best she can as she watches Jennie's head bob forward for what seemed like the tenth time.

The younger girl seemed to have trouble staying awake as her head bobbed, jerking her back awake.

Jennie shook her head and did her best to keep her eyes open as she held the popcorn in her hands.

Not a few minutes later Jisoo felt Jennie's head fall onto her shoulder, and she quickly stopped the popcorn from falling into her lap.

Jennie's head rested on her shoulder as sleep took over her. Jisoo looks down at her, letting her eyes roam over her face. Taking in her soft lips, closed eyes, and rosy cheeks.

I'd like to stay next to her like this a little longer. Jisoo thought to herself.

End Flashback.

Jisoo felt Jaesoo squirm and whine as she snapped out of her thoughts and looked down at her daughter.

She used all of her strength in her legs and managed to elevate them a little as she moved Jaesoo to lay in her lap.

"What's wrong?" She whispered as Jaesoo whines. "Shh. Don't wake up mommy." She says rubbing her daughters tummy as she soon calms down, and settles back into sleep.

Although Jennie and her have shared happy memories, there were still sad ones. Jisoo appreciated those moments the most, because they made the happier memories that much better.

Like their first real fight.

Flashback.

Jisoo got into her car and started it quickly as she pulled out and drove to look for Jennie.

They had fought about work. The two had been so busy that they barely had enough time for themselves, let alone each other.

Jennie had ran out of the house in tears and Jisoo could only watch her leave. But after a few hours of cooling down she couldn't take being away from her anymore and drove all around to find her.

After hours of looking, Jisoo turned down the road towards the private beach they always went to and parked her car.

She looked everywhere but couldn't see her. She was about to give up when a coin rolled towards her. She put her foot out and stopped it as she looked down.

Jennie was crouched on the ground looking at the coin before looking up at her as it came to a stop. She stood up and Jisoo reached down to pick up the coin.

Jisoo looked down at it, before stepping closer to Jennie. "Jennie Kim." She says looking into her eyes. "Do you know how hard I looked for you all day long?"

Jennie only looked down sadly in response. Jisoo's eyes softened as she stepped forward and brought her arms around Jennie in a hug. Bringing her head to rest on her chest.

"I was worried to death about you..." Jisoo says.

"Why did you come all the way out here?" Jennie mumbles against her chest, sniffling slightly.

Jisoo pulls back slightly, to look into her eyes. "You told me not to look for you." She says shakily. "I pulled back because I was afraid you'd actually hide forever."

Jennie lets a teary smile take over her face as she looks at Jisoo. "You didn't eat today right?"

"I starved, because I was so worried about you." Jisoo answers.

"Why did you do that? Pabo." Jennie pouts, and Jisoo can only smile slightly at her before bringing her back into a hug.

She lets her head rests against the side of Jennie's. "From now on, don't run away from me." She whispers.

End flashback.

Jisoo wipes the tear that slips out of her eye and she gives Jennie's hand a small squeeze.

She watches as Jennie's fingers twitch in hers before she's moving. Her eyes open slightly as her brows furrow.

"Don't cry for me anymore Jennie..." Jisoo rasps out.

"J-Jisoo?" Jennie stutters in disbelief as tears spring to her eyes.

"Yes my love?"

"Jisoo..." Jennie cries hugging her tightly, careful not to hurt Jaesoo. "I...I can't believe it..." Jennie muffled into her neck.

"Shh Jendeuk..." Jisoo whispers hugging her back. "Everything is going to be okay."

"Come up here." She says motioning to the bed.

"But-"

"Please."

Jennie swallows thickly and nods. She moves carefully to fit into the bed next to her, and rests her head on Jisoo's shoulder.

They lay in silence, as Jennie's tears subside. Jisoo holds onto her as tightly as she can, but her body is weak.

"I could feel you..." Jisoo whispers. "I could feel everything. I felt your hand in mine...I felt your lips on mine...I felt a fraction of your pain."

"I've never felt so much pain in my life." Jennie whispers back.

"People like to say that life is like a story. You would think that being such a lover of books I would feel the same way...but I don't. There are always more than one conflicts in ones life, and we all want that perfect resolution to our heartaches and curiosity. But this isn't a story. We can't control or predict things in life, or where we're ever going. I'm not gonna sugar coat our reality for the sake of fiction, Jennie." Jisoo says letting out a deep breath. "I know you're scared..." she swallows thickly. "I am too."

Those words alone are enough to let the sobs take over Jennie's body as she closes her eyes tightly.
She turned her head to Jennie and pressed a reassuring kiss onto the top of her head.

"Baby Don't cry tonight, after the darkness passes, baby don't cry tonight, it'll become as if it never happened. You're not the who will disappear into foam, something you never should've known." Jisoo sings quietly. "So baby don't cry, cry, my love will protect you."

The moonlight fills your eyes, ohh
The night silently overflows with pain
Baby don't cry
On this stormy night.
Baby don't cry tonight
It's fitting for a night like this

In this moment that shines brighter than tears
I had to let you go
So baby don't cry, (don't cry), cry (cry)
My love will be remembered

The early sunlight comes down
The brightness that resembles you falls down
My eyes that were once lost finally cry, cry, cry...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 54.1K 52
How to seduce? BE PART OF THIS CLASS TO LEARN. Start: March 28, 2020 - Completed: May 25, 2020 ***ctto of all the pictures I used***
5.4K 400 13
Just another day in YG college, just another dare or challenge. 23 years old final year YG student Jennie Kim is always looking for trouble and she d...
61.8K 3.9K 19
Senior Inspector Kim Jisoo has to learn to manage her explosive anger before she gets removed from the police force. Very reluctantly, she visits top...
13.1K 572 7
Jisoo wasn't sure how did it end like this, with her back pressed against one of the bathroom stalls of the club, her lips dancing around with Jennie...