The Bad Boy's Rules (Sample)

By EliahGreenwood

Fiction Awards 2018 Winner in Best Teen Fiction Story, Best Humour Story & Best Wattpad book turned published... More

The Bad Boy's Rules
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Everything Could Go Wrong.
Chapter 2 - The Deal
Chapter 4 - The Enemy
Chapter 5 - The Point Of No Return
Chapter 6 - The Date
Chapter 7 - Not So Heartless After All
Chapter 8 - Liar, Liar
Chapter 9 - Roof Top And Confessions
Chapter 10 - Strangers With Memories
Chapter 11 - The New Girlfriend
Chapter 12 - Maybe I Missed You
Chapter 13 - I Like You
Chapter 14 - Don't Let Me Go
Chapter 15 - Bad Boy's Secret
Chapter 16 - The Fight
IT'S HERE! MY BOOK IS PUBLISHED.
GIVEAWAY AND A FREE BOOK ON WATTPAD?
Get this book for free!

Chapter 3 - Run Away

833K 21.1K 29.4K
By EliahGreenwood

"Are you still mad?" I asked Kendrick, who had been ignoring me during the whole ride home.

''Mad? Why would I be mad? You just became the target to my enemies. That's no big deal." He said sarcastically

''Hey. Are you seriously blaming me for this? How was I supposed to know that you were going to some creepy meeting with Haze Adams?" I said.

''Yes, I'm blaming you Winter. You could have just stayed home and none of this would have happened."

''Mariah was right. They are bad influences." I barked and tried to walk around him but he stopped me.

''Them? Winter, I'm the leader of the gang. Me, not Will, Alex or Blake. Me. Doesn't it ring a bell? They're not bad influences. I am." He yelled out of his mind.

''Fine. You are a troubled kid. Congrats! But that still doesn't explain why you made a deal with him with me as the prize?"

''Do you think I had a choice, Winter? You don't know anything about this guy. Haze is the kind of guy to say If I can't have it, no one can."

''What is that supposed to mean? He would have hurt me if you had said no to the deal?" I asked

''That's a possibility, yeah. Now, I hope nobody's going to hear about this incident. Because they can't know I have someone to protect. Love is weakness." He clenched his fists.

''What about Kassidy? And Mariah?Don't you have to protect them too?"

''No, I don't because they never followed me during my meetings, you see? Nobody knows about them. I'm just Kendrick, the leader of the East Side gang."

''Why does he want me in the first place? Why?"

''That's the thing with him. There are two options. Either he doesn't give a single crap about you but he knows I don't want him anywhere near you so he does that to piss me off or he really sees something in you. And to be honest, I don't know which one is worse."

''You're going to win that battle, right? Or whatever it's called?"

''We have to, because if we don't, there will be nothing I can do for you."

''Oh god. Why couldn't you be just a normal cousin who plays soccer and steals my phone?" I sighed

''Why couldn't you just be my ugly cousin that nobody likes? This would have never happened. Also, What were you thinking looking him in the eyes, Winter ? This is pure provocation in the street fighters community." He asked

''I didn't know that, Gee. How was I supposed to? I'm new in town, remember? I'm not jesus or something. Nobody told me -Hey Winter, see this guy? He's a criminal. Don't look at him.- ''

''One week in Florida and you've already drawn attention to yourself." He rolled his eyes

''I'm sorry. Okay? I really am. If I could, I'd leave you alone with your street fighters stuff and go back to Canada in the blink of an eye but I can't. '' I put my face in my hands, unable to handle all the guilts anymore.

What did I get myself into?

''Hey. Winter, I'm sorry." He said in a whisper.

I didn't say a word, feeling like a mess.

''This is not your fault. You didn't know. I'm a jerk for blaming you." He took my hands off my face slowly. I looked away, unable to look at him.

''We're going to win this fight and nothing will happen to you, alright?" He pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back, trying to hold it together.

''When is this fight?" I asked, my face burried in his neck..

''In four weeks. Until then, you'll have to hang with us at school so that Haze can't get to you."

I nodded, though I knew way too well that if Haze Adams wanted to talk to me, he would find a way.

Like he said...

He always fights for what he wants.

-------------------

''Oh god, I think Fernanda is looking our way." Alexander held back a laugh.

''I wonder why. Any idea Will?" I teased him

''Shut up guys. This is not funny." He put his hand in front of his face, hidding himself from Fernanda's sight.

''Why are you hidding!? Poor girl, she's crazy for you." Blake laughed

''I said, shut up, damn it." He hissed

Let me explain. Fernanda is a girl at school who is crazy in love with Will. She's totally obssesed with bugs. That's all she ever talks about. She brought some to school one day and got a week of detention. Apparently, that spider was huge. She wears big glasses and got acne all over her face. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I still think she's pretty but Will is scared of her. Oh yeah.. and she drools sometimes.

''I'm sure she photoshopped herself with you." Alexander chuckled

''Or she took both your pictures to find out what your kids would look like." I exclaimed, making everyone laugh.

''I hate you all." Will hissed.

''Oh look, she's coming our way." I lied

''WHAT?" Will almost yelled, freaking out.

''Kidding, I'm totally kidding. Chill dude." I giggled

''Kendrick, why do we have to hang with your cousin again?" Will moaned

''Stop it, Will. You love me." I smirked

I have been hanging out with the guys for the past week and this has been the funniest week ever. Haze hasn't been trying to get to me at all. Which reassured Kendrick who said that maybe he forgot about me.

I hope so.

The bell rang, ending our lunch time. I was going to science class. I entered the classroom and chose a spot. I sat down, hating that I had to sit through my least favorite class. The class had begun about 10 minutes ago and fortunetaly, Haze was nowhere in sight. Science class is one of the two classes I share with Haze Adams. Math and Science. Lucky for me, the teachers are severe and won't let anyone talk.

Suddenly, the door opened and Haze walked in. The class became quiet like everytime Haze Adams walks in a room. He wasn't wearing his leather jacket. That's a first.

He was wearing a white shirt, who revealed his muscled torso and his tattoos. Gosh, he had a lot of those. That's got to hurt. I wish I didn't have to admit how incredibly attractive this guy was. It would make things a lot easier.

''You're late." The teacher said, annoyed.

''Sorry, I had to find my dog." He lied, not even bothering to look at the teacher.

''Last time, you said your dog died."

''Must be why I didn't find him." He said, amused, causing the class to laugh.

He walked to his place, which fortunately was far away from mine. As he made his way to his desk, I felt his eyes lingering on me and my heart started racing. I looked down to my book, wanting to disappear.

''So.. What was I saying?" The teacher kept going.

Suddenly, my phone lit up. Good thing it was on silent.

OH.MY.SWEET.JESUS.

Love.

It said love.

How did he get my number ?

I could feel his eyes on me from far away. He was probably waiting to see my reaction. I wasn't going to give him that pleasure. I decided to ignore the message.

Soon enough, my phone lit up again.

Oh shut up. Stop texting me.

I still didn't react. Then...

What does he mean, my choice ?

''Miss, I can't see the chalkboard properly. I'm too far away." Haze said

''Wow, Haze Adams wanting to have a better look at the chalkboard? I would be a fool not to take this chance. The person next to Winter is absent. Take her place." The teacher replied.

Just like that, I was screwed.

--------------------------

I can't breathe right now. Haze keeps on staring at me from the corner of his eyes and this is everything but subtle. Although, I try my best to ignore it, he keeps on trying to catch my attention. Okay, calm your tits Winter. What could he possibly do?

''Hey. Do you have a pencil?"

This, he could do this.

''Sure.'' I didn't look at him and handed it to him.

As I handed the pencil to him, his finger lightly touched mine, causing me to feel this kind of electricity in my whole body. Shut up, Winter. Could you be more cliche ?

''Thanks, beautiful." He said

Why am I freaking out ?

Maybe because he's dangerous and hot at the same time.

Did I just think that ?

''No problem." I said, avoiding his eyes.

''So, I see you've been hanging out with the east side lately." He whispered, making my heart beat faster.

And there I thought he forgot about me.

''You know they can't protect you forever."

I hated that he was right.

''I know they've probably told you that you were safe. But we're going to win that fight, be sure about it.'' He added.

''Oh really ? We'll see about that.'' I found myself saying.

''Still arrogant, I see?" He smirked

''Seems like it." I said, cold.

"You know, I get why they call you Winter."

''Is that so?" I smiled like an hypocrite

''You try to be cold."

He paused.

"But you're still hot."

Oh my god, worst pick up line ever.

Then, why the hell am I blushing?

''Are you blushing, love ?" He said, amused

CRAP.

''Miss Kingston, Mister Adams. Do you mind?"

''No, not at all." He smiled widely, causing everyone to start giggling.

''Do you ever stop talking?" She sighed.

''Do you?" Haze said, causing everyone to laugh once more.

Usually, in a normal situation, this guy would have gotten detentions or something but hey.. This is Haze Adams.

Nothing happens to Haze Adams.

-------

As soon as the bell rang, I hurried up to get out of the classroom, hoping that Haze wouldn't want to catch up with me. I was becoming so paranoid, always looking over my shoulder.

''What are you running from?"

I sighed in relief when I saw Blake pulling an amused face at me.

''The question is who am I running from? '' I sighed, glancing around nervously.

''Did he talk to you?" Blake's eyes widened '' I'm gonna go kick his ass. " He clenched his fists.

''Stop. It's fine. He asked for a pencil. That's all." I lied then realized I had forgotten my pencil. No, I liked this pencil.

''Are you okay?"

''Yeah, why? It's not like he's gonna get up and attack me in the middle of science class," I joked, not sure if this was a joke or not. I had no idea what to expect from this guy.

''With him, you never know." Blake laughed, ''What's your next class?"

''Gym class. Ugh.." I sighed. I hate gym class.

''Wanna get out of here?" He smirked.

"I'd like to but Mariah would kill me if she found out I was skipping school."

''Who said you were skipping?" He smiled.

---------

''This is so cool. How come I've never been here before?" I said, impressed.

''Because you didn't have me in your life, duh!" He winked at me.

Blake had called the school pretending to be Mariah and told my absence in gym class was justified. They bought it. How could they buy it? Blake is a male who pretended to be a 45 years old female. Like how? I was hoping Mariah was never going to know about this. Blake had brought me to the beach.

''This is so great. I don't miss snow at all." I chuckled

''So how are you feeling about the fight in three weeks?"

''Well, I feel nervous of course but I'm hoping for the best. I hope we'll win." I traced something in the sand with a branch I found on the ground.

''We have to win. God, even if we lose, I'm not sure I'll let this dude spend 48 hours with you.'' He clenched his jaw.

''You'll have to."

''Yeah but I don't want to. He is dangerous."

''So are you mister East side."

''I'm nothing compared to Haze Adams. "

''Do you think he'd take advantage of me or something?" I asked, worried.

''No. Haze isn't that type of guy. He never needs to force the ladies if you know what I mean."

'"I'm having images." I winced.

''Oh come on. You're a girl. Deep down inside, you must find Haze's bad boy look attractive. No girl hates Haze Adams forever. They all fall under his spell at some point." He explained, shaking his head in disapproval.

''His spell ? What is he, a witch?" I joked.

''Yeah probably. That would explain why he gets every girl in the world even though he's the biggest bastard ever." He shrugged ''I guess girls like bad boys."

''Oh really? Have fun being a single mom." Blaked bursted into laughter and I  joined him.

''God Winter, where have you been all my life?" He smiled, gasping for air after laughing.

''Canada. Cold place. Snow... Beavers. That's pretty much it." I laughed at the awful stereotype that just came out of my mouth. Of course, the beaver part wasn't really what canada was like.

''Want to go walk on the beach?" He winked.

''Sure. Why not?" I smiled

We reached the shore and started walking by the ocean.

''So Kassidy, huh?" I asked

''What about her?"

''I heard Alexander and her have something going on."

''They did, a while ago. But Kendrick wouldn't let his sister go out with Alex."

''Why not ? Alexander's the sweetest." I asked, curious.

''The Alexander you know, maybe. But the east side gang Alexander. Let's just say it's another story." Blake replied, looking away.

''Are you all really that bad? I mean, you look so nice to me but you keep saying that I don't know the real you."

''We are nice, Winter. But being in a gang requires to have a personnality with two sides, you see?"

''No, I don't. Actually, this whole gang thing doesn't make sense to me." I mocked him, kicking a rock as I walked.

''I'd explain it to you but then I'd have to kill you. And we don't want that to happen, right, beautiful ? Not before the fight, at least." He smiled seductively. Was he flirting with me?

''You know you can trust me, come on.'' I laughed.

''Oh, can I? Because last time I checked, you followed us to the gangs meeting and look where it got us," He teased me.

''Hey, that's not fair. I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff and I didn't know Haze was going to make such a weird deal. I'm an innocent victim here." I joked, putting my hands up in surrender.

''Oh poor Winter. Too beautiful for her own good," He laughed and rolled his eyes. I probably looked like a complete idiot to them. Showing up in town and already getting myself head over heels in trouble after 2 weeks.

''Why are you saying that?" I tried not to blush but couldn't help but smile at the compliment.

''You caught Haze's attention. Haze's attention is really hard to catch, trust me."

''How come?" I asked

''I already told you. Haze sleeps with every girl and never looks back. He gave you a second chance after you looked him in the eyes. That's got to mean something." He clenched his fists, irritated.

"Yeah, that he is a maniac, psychopath and very disturbed bad boy who loves to torture anyone who looked him in the eyes." I joked. I refused to think this guy could possibly have a soul. Truth is I didn't care one bit why he did what he did. I just wanted him out of my life.

"Yeah, but why'd he choose you?" He said through gritted teeth, avoiding my eyes.

''Blake. Are you jealous?" I laughed, teasing him.

''What? No, of course not. I'm mad at him for wanting the only decent girl in town. He could have all the sluts he wants but no, he had to decide he wanted Kendrick's cousin," He rolled his eyes.

''The only decent girl?"

''You know what I mean. Don't go getting a big head. And why is that the only part of my sentence you remembered?" He hit me lightly in the arm, laughing.

''Like you say, Haze doesn't look back for anyone. He probably doesn't give a single crap about me and all he wants to do is piss Kendrick off and it looks like it's working, isn't it?"

''Maybe," He shrugged ''Anyway, just remember that when Kendrick and Haze are fighting, this is all for you darling. All of this over one girl." He teased

''Oh so It's a one on one fight?"

''Yup."

''I just hope Kendrick doesn't get hurt too much." I bit my lip, worried.

''Kendrick and Haze are both really good fighters. So it's hard to tell what's going to happen." Blake rubbed the back of his neck.

''Oh god, my mom wouldn't be proud of me." I laughed

"Why?"

''Look at me, 2 weeks in Florida and I'm already hanging out with criminals.'' I smirked

''Well, not to make it sound worse or anything but you kinda live with one too."

''Oh shut up. You're totally making it sound worse." I hit his arm playfully.

''Don't pretend like you don't enjoy it."

''What?"

''The danger." He licked his lips.

''Why would I enjoy it?" I asked

''You know what they say... It's always better when it's forbidden."

Blake and I kept talking for about an hour before he drove me home.

''Thanks for taking me to the beach Blake." I smiled before opening the door of the car.

''Hey, wait." He grabbed my arm, stopping me.

''There's a party tonight. You want to come?" He asked.

''A party? Like a real one? No little street, gang meeting or some sick shit that you criminals do." I joked.

''Yeah, I swear it's a real one this time. Everybody's going." He laughed.

''Including you know who?" I asked.

''Probably. It's Haze Adams. He's invited everywhere. But because he's there doesn't mean I will let him anywhere near you." He reassured me, smirking.

''Alright, Alright. Count me in." I gave in.

''Sweet." He smiled ''Pick you up at 8 with the guys."

''See you" I hugged him goodbye and got out of the car.

I entered Mariah's house, a little too excited for my own good since it was obvious that something was going on.

''Look who's home." Kassidy welcomed me. ''What's making you so happy?" She laughed.

''Nothing. Can't a girl be in a good mood?" I smiled widely.

''A girl ? Yeah. Winter ? No."

''Hey. Are you saying I'm moody?" I faked to be insulted, amused.

''I'm saying you're a realistic person. Realistic people don't get happy over some stupid things unless they're sure they won't be disappointed so.. Let me ask again. What's making you so happy?" She asked.

I sighed, annoyed by how smart Kassidy was.

''Well, Blake invited me to a party." I said.

The second I finished my sentence, the colors drained from her face.

''Oh. That's great." She forced a smile.

''What is it Kass?" I asked, worried.

''Nothing, I didn't know you to be hanging out with Kendrick's friends, that's all" She looked away

She was lying. I felt it.

''Okay. Kass. Seriously, what is it?" I sat down with her. "You can tell me. Did I do something?"

''No, of course not. It's just.. I didn't think he'd move on so fast."

''Woah, easy there. Who are you talking about?'' I raised my eyebrows

She stayed silent for a minute like she was trying to decide on either yes or no she dropped the bomb.

''Blake. I'm talking about Blake."

''I-I don't understand. Did something happen between you and Blake? I thought Alexander was... ''

''Alexander and I never were a thing. Never." She cut me off.

Okay, I'm officially confused.

''Kendrick and Blake are the best of friends. They grew up together, they did everything together. Kendrick didn't want Blake to date his sister and I get that but... Blake and I loved each other, or at least I loved him. Since Kenrick was a little more okay with Alexander when it comes to girls, I pretented to date Alex. I would ask Kendrick to drop me at Alexander's and then I would go to Blake's."

She left me speechless. Wow, Blake literally lied straight to my face about Alexander. And there I thought he was such a great guy.

''So, why did this end?"

''Alexander fell in love with Sophia. Some girl. And he told us he wasn't going to fake it anymore so that he could be with his real girlfriend and somehow, Blake said it would be better to end things at the same time. Why? I never knew. But Blake never seemed depressed or to feel guilty about lying to his bestfriend for 6 months."

Gee, 6 months? That's a long time of lying to your best bro.

''And how long has it been since you two ended things?"

''3 weeks."

Sweet Jesus. I get that she's heartbroken. It's so recent.

"Well, you know what? We're going to make that bastard miss you." I smiled, trying to cheer her up.

''What?" She forced a smile.

''We're going to that party together and show this guy what he lost."

''Why are you doing this ? I mean, don't you..'' She was having trouble saying the last words ''Don't you see that he likes you?" Her voice was trembling though she tried to hide it.

''What ? Of course not. He's just very friendly." I exclaimed.

This was ridiculous. How could Blake like me. How could any guy like me, for that matter.

''Yeah well, he was very friendly to me too. Look where it got me."

''I swear to god, Blake doesn't like me. Now, let's go get ready and make him regret ever letting you go."

~*~

''Girls ! There's a car waiting for you outside." Mariah told us from down the stairs.

''We're coming." I shouted from upstairs ''You ready Kass?" I smiled.

''Are you sure about this ? Isn't it too much?"

''Of course not. You're drop dead gorgeous."

Kass got out of the bathroom and I swear this was a movie scene. Kassidy always wears her hair the same way. Straight ! I made them all curly.

I did her hair and her make up. And not to sound overconfident or something but I'm really proud.

My cousin is a hottie. Hell yeah !

All I did was put on a black dress and straighten my hair. My hair usually is super curly.

Anyway, let's skip that shit no one cares about.

We got out of the house in a rush and entered William's car.

''Hey Winter." Alex exclaimed ''Hey... Kass ? I didn't know you were coming." Alex smiled, though he was a little surprised.

Blake was super silent. Actually, it was like he was frozen ! It hurts like hell when you realize what you lost right ?

''You're... You're gorgeous Winter." Blake said

Oh no. Tell me he didn't. All this time of silence wasn't him being affected by Kass... It was him being affected by me. I felt so bad for Kass right away.

''Thanks." I said, feeling out of place

I looked at Kass, seeing pain in her blue eyes. GOSH, SHE LOOKS LIKE AN ANGEL. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIM ?

We drove to the party in silence. Will tried to crack a joke or two but it was no use, the awkward tension was here to stay.

This party was a remake of Project X with, of course, less b**bs and less people. This house was huge, the music was so loud deaf people could hear it and people were already pretty wasted though it wasn't even passed 10.

I thought Kass was going to be all sad over Blake but the second we entered that place, she said to me '' Nothing better than to find someone else, to forget '' and disappeared in the crowd. You go girl !!!!

''About the awkward moment in the car. I just had to say it. Sorry." Blake smirked.

It sucks that now I can't see Blake the same way. He lied to my face and broke Kass's heart. Ugh, I liked this dude. He was nice.

''Sorry for the awkward moment or sorry for lying to my face?" I smiled ironically.

''Wait, What?" He frowned

''Alexander, Kassidy. Does it ring a bell?"

He paused, running a hand through his hair like... Busted !

''Look, I just didn't think it was a good idea to tell you all about my past with your cousin. I thought you would think I'm a jerk."

''Well, you got that one right mate. I surely think that you're a jerk. But not for the Kassidy part. For lying to me." I turned away but he grabbed my arm.

''We barely met Winter. What was I supposed to do ? Tell you all about my breakups."

''No, you're right. You don't owe me anything." I hissed and tried to leave again

''Please don't be mad. I'm sorry." He sighed, pulling me back to him.

''It's fine. I get that you lied. It's not my buisiness.'' I forced a smile ''Can I leave now?"

''Where are you going Winter ? '' He sighed ''You barely know anyone here."

''I'm going to get myself a drink. After all, this is a party, right?" I walked away from Blake. No, I ran away.

I realized I was mostly angry because he broke my cousin's heart. You don't mess with my family.

Back then, I had no idea.

That what I was running to, was so much worse.

Than what I was running from.

- - - - - - - -

STAY UPDATED ON THE BAD BOY'S RULES ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 13.6K 67
{book two of the Gang love series} * I got pulled into an empty classroom and a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into my ear...
1M 21.6K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
8.5M 289K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
106K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...