The White Paladin

By The_Author_Draws

*Discontinued* A Voltron reader insert / KeithXReader Future edit: Why are you guys still reading this???? I... More

~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty-One~
~Chapter Twenty-Two~
~Chapter Twenty-Three~
~Chapter Twenty-Four~
~Chapter Twenty-Five~
~Chapter Twenty-Six~
~Chapter Twenty-Seven~
~Chapter Twenty-Eight~
~Chapter Twenty-Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty-One~
~Chapter Thirty-Two~
~Chapter Thirty-Three~
~Chapter Thirty-Four~
~Chapter Thirty-Five~
~Chapter Thirty-Six~
~Chapter Thirty-Seven~
~Chapter Thirty-Eight~
~Chapter Forty~
~Chapter Forty-One~
~Chapter Forty-Two~
~Chapter Forty-Three~
~Chapter Forty-Four~
I've...made a decision
Appreciation post
Continued Appreciation

~Chapter Thirty-Nine~

4.4K 106 112
By The_Author_Draws

(h/c)- hair color

     The soldiers lead Shiro and I into a separate room where a screen shows Keith in a empty room. His outfit had changed and all he had was the small blade. I stood close to Shiro and watched as a hole opened in the room Keith was in, and a soldier rose from it.

     "Surrender the blade. You cannot win." The soldier threatens.

     Keith didn't utter a single word as he charged at the soldier, but this guy was unbelievable. I closed my eyes and clung to Shiro as the soldier slashed Keith's shoulder. I quickly opened my eyes to look back and I watch as the soldier pins Keith to the ground and holds his blade dangerously close to his neck.

     "Surrender the blade and the pain will cease." The soldier threatens and Keith gasps out to catch his breath.

     "I won't stop." Keith replied with strain.

     "Then the pain continues." The soldier quickly let him go and backed away.

     I still remained clung to Shiro and he placed an arm around me in hopes of some sort of comfort. The soldier, in the room with Keith, then moved aside and gestured at a door behind him.

     "You are not meant to go through that door." The soldier instructed, but Keith ignored him.

     Keith ran into the door and found himself in another room, almost exactly like the one he was in just moments before. This time two holes opened and two more soldiers emerge from them. Keith fought them once again, but he was both outnumbered and overpowered. Suddenly they stop and repeat the same phrase the last soldier had said as they gesture towards a door behind them. Keith once again ignored them and bolted into the room. Yet now, he stands face to face with three of the soldiers.

     "T-this isn't fair. You're making this so difficult for him! Every time he enters another room more soldiers appear!" I say to Kolivan as I'm still clinging to Shiro.

     "Fighting the Galra is not fair. Yet, that is the fight we face." Kolivan answers and I look back to Keith finding him surrounded by seven soldiers and he's exhausted.

     "How long does this go on?!" Shiro boomed and I could feel him grip my shoulder tighter.

     "Sometimes the greatest challenge is knowing when to stop." Kolivan calmly answers and I look at Keith's determined yet bruised expression.

     "He'll never stop." Shiro says while glaring at Kolivan.

     "One way or another this will end. Knowledge or death." Kolivan says and Shiro and I look at each other before turning back to the screen.

     'Please Keith. Don't go overboard.' I think to myself as I press closer to Shiro and he squeezes my shoulder.

     Round after round passed and his body was slowly beginning to give up. He held his arm as he was surrounded by more soldiers. Then something must have sparked in his head as he threw his knife, lodging it in one of the holes that the soldiers rose from. He dodged through the soldiers then went through the hole in one swift motion while retrieving his blade. A gasp escaped my mouth as a smile spreads across my features.

     I looked over to Kolivan who still had his focus on the screen. I look up to Shiro who looks down at me and shrugs. This should be the end, Keith's body can't handle much more.

     Keith enters an empty room and I could see that he was struggling to even stand up.

     "I guess I really wasn't supposed to go through that door..." He muttered as a limp began to slow his movements, and soon enough he collapsed onto the ground.

    But I noticed a figure approach him, two actually. Shiro and I. I looked up to Shiro then to the screen and stared at our look alikes.

     "Hey man. You did it." The Shiro copy says to Keith and I could see as relief washed over Keith's features.

     The Shiro helped Keith up and my look alike quickly embraced him. A twinge of annoyance washed over me as she hugged him.

     "You did so well Keith. Kolivan said you lasted longer than anybody else here." My look alike says as she looks up at him with a smile.

     "You don't have to keep this up anymore." The Shiro look alike says and Keith stares at them in suspicion.

     "What are you talking about?" Keith muttered as he gently pushed my look alike away from him.

     "Just give them the knife, and let's get out of here." The Shiro says.

     "Yeah, I can't stand seeing them hurt you. Let's go back..." My look alike says while stepping towards him and Keith backs away.

     "I-I can't give this to them." Keith mutters and I walk towards the screen.

     "Those are holograms right?" I ask as I turn my head towards Kolivan.

     "His suit has the ability to create a virtual mindscape, reflecting its wearers greatest hopes and fears. At this moment, your friend desperately wants to see you." Kolivan states as he looks between Shiro and I.

     "What is it with you and that thing?" The other Shiro shouts causing our attention to turn back to the screen.

     "It's the only connection I have to my past. It's my chance to learn who I really am." Keith answers while staring down at the knife.

     "But Keith...you know who you are. You're a paladin of Voltron. We're your family now." The other me says while gently placing her hand on his.

     "Shiro you're like a brother to me...and (Y/n)...you mean...so much to me...but I have to do this." Keith states while standing up to fakes.

     "Wait...what did he-" My face lights up but I was cut off as the other Shiro stepped towards him.

     "No, you don't! So just give them the knife." The other Shiro demanded.

     "I can't do that!" Keith exclaimed as he gripped the knife tighter in his hand.

     "Just give up the knife Keith! You're only thinking of yourself as usual!" The other Shiro yelled and I watched as Keith's eyes widen in surprise.

     His gaze lowered as he kept his stance and I walked closer to the screen resting my hand on the console.

    "No. We wouldn't do that to him." I say, more to myself than anything.

     "Then you've chosen to be alone." The other Shiro said with a sigh as he spun around and began to walk away.

     The other me quietly followed after Shiro and I could see as Keith looked up to them he immediately regretted his decision. My head then started to ache and I looked up at the screen, worried for Keith.

     Then suddenly the environment around Keith changed and he was in the shack back on earth.

     "Keith." A man's voice calls out to him and I could see him stiffen.

     I could hear a voice calling out but I was too focused on what was in front of me to even notice.

     When Keith turned, a man was sitting on the couch and a huge storm seemed to be brewing outside of the window.

     "You're home, son." The man said and I flinched in surprise.

    'Keith's dad?' I thought to myself as I clutched onto the clothes on my chest.

     "What's going on outside?" Keith asked as the ground seemed to shake and he walked towards the covered window.

     "Don't worry about it. We'll be safe as long as we stay in here. Don't you want to catch up?" His father asked from the couch and Keith froze by the window.

     "Of course I do..." Keith said as he looked at his father with a soft expression.

     Just then the ground shook once again and Keith snapped out of his thoughts. He impatiently turned back to the window and said, "What is that?".

     He pulled back the curtain to see Zarkon's ship. It was blasting giant lasers onto Earth as huge masses of soldiers marched. In the distance, the Red lion was sat atop a hill awaiting it's Paladin.

     "Dad, I'm sorry! I've gotta go! There's people that need me out there!" Keith says and he rushed towards the door.

     "Don't you want to know where you came from?" His dad asks while holding the Marmora blade in his hand, and Keith's eyes widen as he stops in front of the door.

     "You're mother gave it to me. She'll be here soon." Keith's father says.

      Suddenly my eyes shot open and I found myself lying on the ground. I sat up in a hurry, very confused as to what had happened. I looked up at the screen, seeing Keith passed out on the ground with a pained expression on his face.

     "W-what happened?" I ask as Shiro helps me up.

     "You're worry for him, as well as your powers freely flowing in the air, caused you to momentarily be caught in the trance." Kolivan simply stated and I looked up to Shiro who didn't look very pleased.

     "Wait, so what I saw is what he's seeing?! Please, you have to stop! He's in so much pain..." I say to Kolivan as I approach him with a pleading expression.

     "He can decide when he wants to leave. Knowledge or death (Y/n)." Kolivan says while shifting his gaze down to me.

     "I'm calling this off." Shiro suddenly says as he began to walk towards the exit but two soldiers blocked him.

     Suddenly the base shook with a roar from the red lion. A soldier came running through the door as I leaned on the console to keep upright.

     "The red lion is attacking the base! It's trying to break through!" The soldier exclaims and Shiro and I look to each other.

     "It has a link with Keith! It knows when he's in danger! It's coming for him!" Shiro exclaimed as he and I tried to get through the door, but a soldier grabbed onto me and one held Shiro back.

     A huge chunk of the ceiling came crashing down, shocking the Galra. I used this opportunity to use my powers to push the Galra off of Shiro and I. With a quick burst of power my magic shield appeared around me and pushed the Galra away from me. The shield passed through Shiro, pushing his oppressor from him as well. We then ran out of the room to find Keith, and hope we can make the red lion stop attacking.

     When we reach the room Keith was in, he was slowly starting to wake up. I raced over to him and started to help him up.

     "Keith are you alright?!" Shiro asks as he joins me in helping him up.

    I wrapped his arm around my shoulder and let him rest a lot of his weight into me. My elongated ears twitched at the feeling of his hair brushing against them. Suddenly the doors opened and we were being surrounded by Marmora soldiers.

     "Stop what you're doing!" Kolivan demanded.

     "What are you talking about? What's going on?" Keith weakly mumbled as Shiro activated his prosthetic arm and stood in front of Keith and I defensively.

     "Move out of the way we're leaving!" Shiro exclaimed as he glared at the soldiers.

     "You're not leaving with that blade! It does not belong to you. You have failed to awaken it." One of the guards yelled as Shiro rushed forward to create a path.

     But these soldiers were just as skilled and prevented Shiro from moving. I could feel energy begin to rise within me, and I was prepared to unleash my power until I felt Keith move.

     "Wait! Just take the knife!" I turn and look at Keith in surprise as he was standing on his own, extending the blade out to them.

     "It doesn't matter where I came from. I know who I am. We all need to work together if we want to stop Zarkon. If it means I give up my knife, then take it." Keith says but then the knife begins to glow.

     A light envelopes the blade and a breeze flows past us. I stare at Keith in awe and my heart begins to pound.

     "You've awoken the blade!" Kolivan yells in shock.

     The blade then morphs into a longer blade, resembling what the other soldiers had with them. Keith stared down at it in amazement and I could only keep my gaze on him.

     "The only way this is possible, is if Galra blood runs through your veins." One of the guards says but my mind was muddled.

     I was staring at Keith, my heart was beating so quickly and my stomach had butterflies. A strange energy was also pooling inside me. I clutched my chest and I suddenly realized it.

     'I like Keith.' I thought to myself then the feeling of some sort of seal on that energy broke within me.

     The room filled with my blue energy and a strong breeze gusted past everyone. Their attention turned to me and Keith locked eyes with me. I looked at him and the wind was blowing my hair around. When it stopped the others were staring at me in awe. A length of hair slid onto my shoulder and it wasn't (h/c) it was silver.

     "It seems the Azarethian awoke something within herself as well." Kolivan stated and I looked between Keith and Shiro in amazement, confusion, and a newfound love.

     After everything, we made our way back to the castle with Kolivan and Antok. The Red lion landed in its hangar and the others began on their way to the others, but Keith and I paused.

     I grabbed a chunk of my silver hair and transformed back to my human form, finding it slowly revert back to its original (h/c). Keith looked back to me and I looked at his eyes seeing fear swimming through them. My heart beat in pain and I ran up to him and hugged him. It took him a second, but he placed his hand on my back.

     "Keith, don't be scared. Shiro and I will be right there for you." I say and this time he truly hugged me back.

     "Come on you two!" Shiro called and we released each other.

    We looked to each other and nodded before catching up with the others. When we entered the room the others were already waiting for us.

     "Gosh, you really had us worried there!" Pidge exclaimed as her, Hunk, and Lance ran up to us.

     "Yeah, when we saw the signal that the Red lion was attacking, we thought something bad happened. The White lion had a little fit of its own as well." Hunk muttered and I looked up to him in surprise.

     "S-she did? Well...don't worry...we're just fine. There were just...a few...well...complications." I say with an awkward laugh and the others stare down at me in question.

     Then we went quiet as Kolivan began to approach the very skeptical Princess. His mask disappeared and he pulled his hood back, letting us get a good view of his face. He was covered in scars, but his expression showed his strength and passion.

     "Princess Allura. It's good to see that the rumors are true. You're still alive after all of these years." Kolivan says while kneeling to her and I stare at him in surprise for his sudden action.

     "So is Zarkon. Can we consider you our ally in the fight against him?" She asks while glaring down at him.

     "Yes, but we have little time to discuss this. I've just received word from our spy inside the Galra hierarchy that they have become aware of their presence. So the timetable of our plan has been moved up." Kolivan explains while standing up.

     "So, when do we start?" I ask and Kolivan turns to me.

     "Now." He answers and I could feel the tension in the air following his response.

     "Then I guess we better start coming up with a plan now." Coran finally speaks up and everyone nods, but I notice Keith's uneasiness.

     "...wait." Keith says and everyone pauses and turns to look at him.

     "There's....something I have to say." He says then looks to Shiro who nods to him, then to me and I send him a cheerful smile and he takes a deep breath.

     "I found out...I'm part Galra." When he finished talking, the silence in the room became deafening.

      Heeeeeyyyy guuuuuyyss~ yup so...stuff is going down...and (Y/n) is realizing her feelings and has awakened something...but how and what is it? 😏 and I know I cut it off again but...well...lets just say tomorrow's chapter....um...it's gonna be spicy 😜 Anyways, Sorry for any mistakes and such! And today's art (once again) is by the amazing, Fuzzy_Bean_Hunk! Also guys....season 5 has got me all kinds of triggered...like everyone thinks there actually might be a white lion (idk about it but...you guys can theorize) and like...what should I do if that happens?...well we will cross that bridge when it comes....I'll see you guys tomorrow! Bye~
                                 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 4.1K 57
•DISCONTINUED• Oneshot character's x readers. NO LEMONS YOU DIRTY CHILDREN. Send me some requests and I might write themmm Characters I do: Keith La...
94K 3.1K 21
5/25/20 Edit: This is going to be rewritten. I don't like how I handled the plot, so I'm going to try my best to take it in a direction that I will l...
100K 3.3K 20
[COMPLETED] basically just lance, keith, hunk, pidge, shiro, allura and coran in a group chat talking about random shit disclaimer: i do not own volt...
33.3K 780 15
WARNING: OLD BOOK, DISCONTINUED VERSION. You are welcome to read this book and its unfinished sequel, they were separate at one point but they got di...