FOURTEENTH MEMEBER || SVT Fan...

By ejaykim

She lost her mother. Her father remarried a woman who has a child of her own. That moment on the altar, she h... More

1.0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Crack 1.0
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Crack 2.0
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Crack 3.0
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Crack 4.0
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Please Read! EMERGENCY!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - END
Please Read
Please Read
Specials - 1

Chapter 23

744 17 0
By ejaykim

"Hyung!/Scoups!"  His other members all wore a worried face as they meet us at the door.

"What took you so long?" Dino asked as he darted me an accusative look. I felt guilt rise in my stomach.

"Calm down guys. We only went out for a long walk and didn't notice the time. Now get back to your rooms. It's almost midnight and I know we're all exhausted not to mention we have to head to the company tomorrow as early as possible."

All seemed to understand the situation so after saying goodnights to each other, they went inside their respective rooms.

"Jae Eun." Scoups called out just as I was about to open my door. "Good night." He said and gave off a sweet smile.

You have to do something Jae Eun. I thought subconsciously.

When I thought of that, my body just gained brain of its own. I sauntered my way to him and tiptoed to reach his cold cheeks and then planted a gentle kiss on them.

"T-Thank you... For everything today." I said in a whisper with my eyes staring at my toes. I finally found the guts to raise my head. I looked at him and he looked surprised. I mean who wouldn't be? Even I am surprised.

I said goodnight before running to my room.

What in the world did I just do?

Uhmm... You kissed him?

I know! I meant...Why?

Because you felt there was a need to. You needed to do something to repay him for everything he has done and that includes him lying to his groupmates to cover for you.

When my inner self said that, my other inner self couldn't debate anymore.

I groggily threw myself to my bed and rolled over for a couple of times. I couldn't sleep. I shut my eyes closed but the image of the scene earlier kept flashing in my mind, causing me to force myself to stay awake.

I didn't know how much time passed by because I zoned out. Good thing my phone in my pocket vibrated, pulling me back to reality. I fished it out and saw Mina's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello Mi---"

"So you're really living with kpop idols now?! You're the luckiest person in the whole wide world. Don't---"

"Calm down, calm down."

I cut her off. I almost snapped at what she said. Me? Luckiest person in the world? To say that it's hell living here is an understatement 'cause it's more than that. I tried to maintain my composure before uttering another word.

"Why are you calling me ri---"

"So what happened next?"

"Next? What do you mean?" I asked as I painted a bewildered face.

"You know what I mean. Two young people walking down the silent streets at midnight. There must've been an event right?"

I could completely picture out that teasing smile of hers.

You kissed him.

"Stop remembering that. There's nothing else to it. It was just simple token of appreciation."

"What? What did you do?"

Crap. Did I say my thoughts out loud?

"I didn't say anything. Look, nothing happened okay?" I replied, trying to keep my voice as bored as possible to get her interest off the topic but she was just too persistent.

I heard her giggle on the phone. "You can't hide anything from me and you know that."

I let out a sigh. Fine, I'll tell her. I don't want her to bug me to death with this.

"Just to make things clear..." I began explaining.

Flashback...

"Hi Jae Eun. It's me." The man spoke.

"Who?"

"Choi Seungcheol?!" Mina exclaimed and jumped out from behind me. "Is that really you?"  She added.

I just stood there like a frozen potato, mouth wide open and eyes as round and big as coconut. I kept flicking my eyes alternatively from Mina to the man.

Is it really Scoups? No no no. You've gotta be joking. There's no way to recognize a person wrapped in thick clothing just by hearing his voice. That's impos----

"How'd you know it was me?" He spoke again.

Good thing it's dark or else they'll undoubtly laugh at the hilarious face I'm making right now.

"Scoups? What are you doing here?" I finally found my voice back.

He took off his face mask for him to speak more clearly, took off his cap and jacket and ambled his way to me.

"I came to get you." He said as he placed the hood and the jacket on me.

Me?

I looked behind Scoups and gave the dumbfounded Mina the 'Don't misunderstand this' look but she just grinned from ear to ear like a complete idiot, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Let's go home." Scoups suggested, putting his hand on my back to urge me to walk.

"Wait. Let's go home? Does that mean you're living together?"

Here comes the bomb of questions.

Scoups pivot his head to his right and immediately apologized for forgetting her presence.

How does he manage to get even more idiotic?

"You're a Carat?" he questioned.

"Oh yes I am. Probably not a perfect Carat but yes, I am." She kept jumping while talking. I've been her bestfriend for years but I've never seen her fangirling.

After their long, long, long, long, long conversation, Mina gave me one last teasing look before waving her hand for goodbye.

Scoups turned to me and said we'll have to wait for the car he called (probably the car who services them everyday  from their dorm to the company and vice versa).

There was a quite atmosphere and it was getting even colder each passing minute.

"You can take your jacket back." I said as I started to take it off but he stopped me.

"It's fine. I'm not cold." He said.

Oh I can see you're not cold because you're freezing. Liar. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts.

For the driver to spot us easily, we moved to a brighter place, the spot just below a streetlight.

We were silent. I glanced at his face and noticed something I shoul've noticed in the first place.

"How long were you waiting outside?" I asked.

"Just a few minutes I guess." He said, he's voice slightly hoarsed.

"Waiting in the cold for a few minutes will not drain the color of your face. You're pale you know."  I countered.

He went rigid after what I said. "You got me. Maybe I was waiting for... More minutes."

"Just admit that you've been waiting for hours already." I yelled as I clung to him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I playfully tried to choke him and he tried to shake me off but I wasn't going to let go.

"Quit lying through your teeth. This is what you get when you lie to Nam Jae Eun."  I hissed.

"The car is here. Let go." He said in between his laughs. I looked around and he wasn't lying this time so I let go of him.

"Man, you're one wild girl." He commented as he opened the car's door for me.

"Thanks for the complement." I cooed.

End of flashback...

"YOU KISSED HIM?! YOU KISSED SEVENTEEN'S LEADER?! THE CARATS ARE REALLY GOING TO KILL YOU IF THEY FIND OUT." She screamed like there's no tomorrow so I extended the phone away from my ears, afraid I'll be deaf by tomorrow.

"You weren't listening to what I just explained, were you? It was just a friendly kiss and nothing more." I cleared.

"Okay, if that's what you say then I'll believe you."

I doubt that.

"Why didn't you tell me you were living with them? Why did you tell me you were living with a relative?"

Again. I've hurt her again.

"I'm sorry. I just felt like I've burdened you too much with my own problems. Besides, this is just a small thing. You don't have to worry."

"I'll let this pass but please... No more keeping secrets." She begged and I assured her.

"I know who's been trying to endanger you." She suddenly blurted out and this caught my attention. I gulped before replying "Who?"

"The Carats. They probably found out you were living with Seventeen and now they're trying to eliminate you." She said with a laugh. I groaned.

"Better end this call before I kill you." I threatened. She laughed to her heart's content before ending the call.

It wasn't even funny.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 125 33
Her one true goal is to find love, however when she thinks she has finally found the one, she gets sent back in time. When she realizes this, she set...
236K 6K 58
Park Yenna. A girl who has it all. Living in a life that anyone could wish for. A supportive and loving parents. A successful career. And, an ideal...
181K 4.6K 41
She was voiceless. But she loved music. And she met them, they were her inspiration, her youth, and her happiness. They taught her that even without...
1.3M 51.8K 103
Younghee who believes that she have been living with her real parents have finally know the truth, she wasn't their real daughter and she found out h...