One Wrong Step

By rabiha01

Story of Man and his wife trap in the world of misunderstanding. Khushi left Arnav with her daughter. Arnav i... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 A
Part 3 B
Part 4
Part 5 A
Part 5B
Part 6 A

Part 6 B (Last Part)

17.7K 806 133
By rabiha01

Arnav came back in hall with laptop and a file in his hand. He saw Khushi sitting quietly on couch while clasping and unclasping her knuckles. Seeing her gesture he can guess she is very nervous right now and scared alsi, he knows what he is going to say and show will hurt her but its needed to sort their differences. Now its enough of this separation he needs his family back with. From past 5 year he is living alone even after having a loving wife and cute daughter. Lavanya in her greed and jealousy had destroyed his happy family but now he is going to end their misery by reveling her truth in front of Khushi.

"Khushi" called Arnav after placing laptop and file on center table.

"What's this Arnav... Did you had bought me here to waste my time... I thought you want to say something important but you are busy in doing don't know what... For god shake my daughter is waiting for me Dammit if you don't have anything to say in your defence then let me go" shouted agitated Khushi. She is totally frustrated with Arnav behavior here she is waiting for his side of story and he is busy in his laptop.

"Sorry for making you wait... I just went in bedroom to get these things so I can show you proofs of my innocence... I know it will be hard for you to trust my words... So I'll request you to see this video clipping and check this file before I say anything in my defence" said Arnav very calmly.

"What type of video is this? and why you want me to see this... Arnav please don't confuse me more and tell me for what you bought me here" asked confused Khushi.

"You see this first you will understand everything" said Arnav and played that video.

In video Arnav was sitting in his cabin when Lavanya came. She saw how Lavanya is trying to convince Arnav to marry her. She saw whole confrontation happened between Arnav and Lavanya and how finally she accepted her sins. She got shocked knowing Lavanya was using drug to seduce Arnav . She felt a burden had removed from her heart knowing that Arnav had never got closed to Lavanya even in the influence of drug, even in the force circumstances he was faithful to her. He never let his physical need suppress his love for her. She felt proud on her husband loyalty and ashamed on herself for doubting his sincerity. Her husband had never betrayed her, it was she who had not trusted him.

By watching this video she understood that whatever happened in past was her and Arnav mistake. They let a third person Lavanya to play with their relations. If for once she would have not ignored her responsibility towards her husband then Lavanya would have never able to play that dirty game with them. If for once Arnav had confessed her about Lavanya advances then she would have thrown her out of their house and never let her come close to her husband. If for once she had heard her heart and had stopped Lavanya from wearing her Saree and had never forced Arnav to go with her in party then it would have never happened. If for once he had not listened to her then... Its was not Lavanya who played with their life but its them they let her do. Their bond was not strong enough to sustain typhoon name Lavanya.

While watching that video tears started falling from her eyes till end she was crying bitterly hiding her face behind her palm. Arnav can't see her broken like this and even his eyes got moist. Sitting beside her on couch he hugged her from side and keeping her head on his chest Khushi started sobbing.

"Shhh... Khushi don't cry... please don't cry ... I can't see you like this... Please baby listen to me don't cry jaan" said Arnav and pulling her in his lap he embraced her. Khushi just cling to him without any resistance like lost puppy circling her arms around his neck.

"I destroyed everything Arnav... In my anger I didn't gave you chance to explain... how can I do this... Just because of me Mushkan was not able to live with her father... With you... If I has tried to be handle that situation more maturely then it would have never happened... I'm sorry Arnav... I'm so sorry...sorry " said Khushi between sobs. Even Arnav was crying finally he got his love back. Without Khushi he was just breathing but now after getting her back his life he started living and his heart started beating.

"Khushi please stop crying and listen to me... its not only you but we both were wrong in past... you misunderstood me because I didn't confessed about my mistakes... Our insecurity gave lavanya chance to plot differences between us so stop blaming yourself" said Arnav kissing her head.

"We may be wrong but the real culprit was Lavanya... what we did was mistake but what she did was crime for which she is getting punished... Khushi thinking about past is not going to help us Jaan... We need to concentrate on our present and think about our future" said Arnav tightening his grip on her waist and she nodded her head in yes.

****************

After an hour of the emotional turmoil Arnav and Khushi were sitting in balcony. Khushi was feeling bit shy and uncomfortable after their intimate hug. Understanding her situation Arnav decided to divert her mind by changing  topic so she get comfortable.

"You know Nani used to tell me that one day everything will get fine... and you will forgive me and be back in my life... that time I thought she is trying to cheer me up, to boost my confidence but now I can say she was always right... Even when she asked me to marry and I met you for the first time, she was again correct when she asked me to wait for right time for asking  your forgiveness...I really miss Nani, I'm sure her soul finally will get peace after seeing us together" said Arnav wiping lone tear falling from his eyes.

"Soul?" muttered shocked Khushi.

Arnav realized that Khushi doesn't know about Nani death, closing his eyes he came to her. Sitting on wooden table in front of Khushi he held her palm, he took a deep breath looking  in her eyes he started opening secrets of past 5 years.

"Khushi... Nani is no more she left us 4 year back only... sorry for hiding this from you but that time you had just  started your internship and I didn't wanted to disturb you" said Arnav maintaining their eyelock.

"What? Four year... such a long time  and you didn't thought to inform me... Arnav I was not some stranger whom you didn't want to disturb , I'm her DIL... I know I was angry on you and even must had hated me but it doesn't gave you any right to do this... I was not able to meet Nani for last time... I was not even able to apologised for hurting her by my decision... why you did this to me?" asked angry Khushi snatching her hand from his hold.

"Khushi I know you must be hurt but I didn't wanted your career to get affected...  from your Dad I came to know about your dream of becoming lawyer... he even told me that you were not interested in marriage and some how our marriage was forced on you... " Before he say more Khushi started cutting him in between.

"No... its not truth our marriage was not forced one... I said yes in pressure of my mother and Sister but I also liked you... Initially I was not confident about our relationship because I wanted to pursue my career but with time and seeing your love for me I accepted our marriage whole heartily" said Khushi not liking him referring their marriage as forced one.

"Okay I trust you on this but Khushi you can't deny the fact that marriage was not in your priority list at that time... you wanted to establish yourself professionally and set your name in society before stepping in new relationship... Even after marriage you were not able to trust me fully and suppressed your dream under the burden of new responsibility... A girl who never wanted to be married started family just to fulfill my Nani wish... Khushi when I saw you for the first time I fell in love with you but my love was not selfless... Instead of understanding reason behind your denial I started coaxing you to accept proposal ... may be my intentions were not wrong but what I did was not even right... my persistent behavior was reason you had to sacrificed your wish... Instead of being stubborn I could have tried to understand your reason... Instead of jumping directly in alter I could have dated you... This way we could have understood each other better" he took a pause and saw her face. She was hearing him with concentration with tear full eyes. Raising his hand he wiped her tears and holding her face he kissed her forehead.

"Lately I realized that base of our marriage was so weak that it shook by wind of one misunderstanding and we fall apart ... I was obsessed in your love and did everything in my hand to get you as my wife on other hand you sacrificed your dreams for your family... I'm not saying that their was no love in our relation ... We were attracted and slowly started loving each other but the thing which lacked in our relationship was trust... If you had trusted me enough then you had shared your wish either before or after our marriage" he said all this in one breath.

" I know you must be feeling bad right now or but Khushi I just wanted to give you a chance to fulfill your all unfulfilled dreams this is the reason I kept this truth to myself so you can do what you actually wished to do before I entered in your life... I waited for you to complete your internship... I always kept tab on your every success and trust me I really proud of you... May be my decision was wrong but I don't regret it because it made you what you are today a independent and successful lawyer who fight for justice... And I proud of you Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada "said Arnav with smirk.

Khushi was feeling like a guilty because what Arnav is saying is a reality. Yes she had sacrificed her dream of becoming lawyer for her family even initially her marriage was compromise from her side till she realized Arnav love and care. Yes she started loving him and trusting with time but her trust was not enough to make her share every small secret with him. May be this was the reason she never let him clear his stand that night.

"Yea you are right... I was trying to hiding my own insecurity... My own fear that's why didn't let clarify that night... My ego was bigger than my love for you that's why I left you and our marriage without understanding whole situation... How easily I gave up on us, as if our marriage was nothing to me... Now looking all those proofs I'm feeling like a fool how easily I came in Lavanya trap and did what exactly she wanted me to do... I left you and our marriage without turning back... what if you had done the same and had given up on us... I can't even imagine you doing that which actually I did... I'm sorry Arnav I'm not only your culprit but also our daughter who never got a chance to live with her both parents just because of me" she apologized and he gathered her in his arm while patting her back to make her quite.

"Khushi just forget the past sweetheart we can't change that so instead of wasting our precious time in regret we should concentrate on our future" said Arnav with smile on his lips.

They were sitting quietly in each other arms without saying anything. As after the pain long separation finally they are back together.

"Arnav" murmur Khushi.

"Hmm" said Arnav lost in her aroma with closed eyes.

"I love you" said Khushi in slow yet audible voice.

"Hmm... What the..." Said Arnav breaking their hug with jolt.

"What... What you just said?" He asked believing his ears.

"You heard it" said Khushi giving shy smile.

"Please please sweetheart... Just repeat it for once... I just want to confirm" he pleaded with  boyish grin adorning his handsome face.

"Okay but only for once" said Khushi who started feeling shy with turn of event.

"Promise only once for this time" he said holding her shoulders.

"I... I love you" said blushing Khushi. Its for the first time she is confessing her feelings for him.

"Ohh Khushi I love you... Love you so much" screaming it loudly he picked her up in his arm started twirling around in happiness.

Today they realized importance of communication in relationship. They had decided from now onwards they are not going to repeat the same mistake which they did 5 year back. Now they will communicate their every issue with each other and will try to sort their all minor or major problems together. They will maintain transparency in their relationship so no third person can take advantage.

****************

After spending some quality time together at Arnav apartment they went to Khushi Buaji place. From her Buaji Khushi came to know that they were aware about Arnav innocence and Lavanya plan from start even her father supported Arnav in his decisions. They were busy in their discussion when Mushkan came out of her bedroom. She was crying and directly ran to her mother who was sitting beside her father. But when she saw her Papa she got happy and tried to go in his lap from Khushi arms. Arnav took his daughter in warm embrace while kissing her lovingly. After very long discussion Raizada couple entered in Khushi bedroom with sleeping Mushkan in Arnav arms.

After long 5 years they are going to share bed once again. They both are excited and shy at same time. Placing Mushkan in between Arnav took left side of bed while Khushi right. Finally everything got sorted between them. Khushi smiled thinking about her meeting with Arnav. What she was expecting and what happened... She was planning to end their relationship but her fate gave her one more chance. Tomorrow she is shifting in Arnav apartment to make fresh start forgetting all the baggage of past.

Arnav admired his sleeping wife and daughter. At last after long struggle he got his family back now today he can sleep peacefully.

*****************

After 5 Year

Delhi RM

Arnav was teasing Khushi by holding her from waist and kissing on her nape. She slapped him lightly on his chest so she can tie his his knot properly but he didn't listened her He was giving her teasing glance while smirking when she tightened his knot around his neck chocking his breath.

"What the ...Khushi are you planning to kill me Dammit" shouted Arnav loosing his knot.

"Well for now I don't have such plan but if you didn't controlled hormone Mr.Raizada then I may think about it in future" said Khushi raising her eyebrows while giving him smirk.

"So lawyer who vowed to fight against crimes is going to do crime herself and that also murder... I never expected this from India most  successful lawyer Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada... Very disappointed" said Arnav with sad face then started laughing seeing Khushi angry face. He just love to tease his wife.

"You are so bad I'm not talking with you" said Khushi folding her arms around her chest and turning other side.

"Aww my beautiful wife got angry... Sorry sweetheart I'll not do this again..." said Arnav hugging her from back. Khushi smiled but then he whispered "Today" in her ear while bitting her earlobe.

Coming out of hug she turned to shout on him when he pulled her back holding her waist and sealed his lips with her in passionate kissing.

They were so engrossed in kissing each other that they didn't realized when Mushkan entered in their room calling 'Papa'. Breaking the kiss they gave nervous smile to Mushkan who came to give them good bye kiss before leaving for her school. After Mushkan Asha entered in room with 2 year old Ahaan  in one hand and Mushkan school bag in other. Asha is kids nanny and she is lady in mid 40 and she helped Khushi in handling both kids. Taking Ahaan from Asha Khushi kissed Mushkan cheek and she kissed her back then Mushkan went to Arnav and after exchanging good bye kiss with him she left for her school.

Once Mushkan left Arnav gave a small peck on Khushi lips and kissing his son cheek he left for his office.

Arnav and Khushi shifted Delhi again 4 years back. Khushi started her practice in Delhi and joined good law firm. Their life started changing 2 year back Khushi gave birth to Ahaan. For nearly a year she managed her work from home only and not joined her office back  even after maternity leave. But when Ahaan turned 1 year old Arnav suggested her to appoint a full time nanny who can manage both kids and then she can continue her work and even get time for herself. Asha was widow whom her family had disowned. Khushi was the lawyer who had fought her case and she was able to get her home back. Khushi met Asha again 1 year back she was in search of job and after a complete background check on her they appointed her. Now Asha is like family member for them she with HP manages whole house and kids when they both are at work.

Lavanya is in mental asylum from past 3 year. In jail she tried to get help from her everyone so she can came ou but got failed as no one wanted to help her. Her family had shed every relation with her even her Mother Shradha doesn't wish to see her. For Rakesh she is dead now. Her boyfriend refused to even recognise her. A girl who used to live like Queen is living a life worse than begger. She threaten Khushi even bigged her so she can meet her but Khushi refused her and even stop taking her calls. Lavanya was able accept her defeat  and she lost her mental balance. Khushi had thrown her out of her life completely now she don't like to talk and even hear anything about her whether it's good or bad.

Khushi had still forgiven her mother but she is cordial with her. Her mother had begged her and Arnav to forgive her. Arnav had forgiven her mother but she is still not able to forget everything and without forgetting its not possible for her to forgive from heart. She can't forget how she accused Arnav for Rape and asked her to force him to marry Lavanya.

With her father, Buaji and Fufaji her relationship is same. Now Minakshi and Sunil visit Delhi once in 2 months to spend sometime with kids. They are even planning to shift Delhi next year after her Sunil retirement.

************

Arnav and Khushi both took One Wrong Step in their life. If Arnav was hiding truth about Lavanya from Khushi then Khushi was leaving Arnav without giving him a chance to explain. They got one chance to rectify their mistatke and reconcile again but not everyone can be so lucky Life rarely give you second chance so always use your first one wisely.

*****~~*****

THE END

NOTE

finally I completed my one story. Hope you all will like the ending. Guys plz ignore typing and grammatical mistake I don't get time to proof Read.

Plz plz Votes and Comments after Reading

Silent readers plz Vote at least.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594 115 31
[COMPLETED] Ruhana and Vineet are happily married and blessed with a son-- Vihaan. They're happy in their until Vineet takes a turn. Ruhana is left...
98.2K 2.6K 8
Story starts from there forced marriage.
250K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
105K 1.4K 21
This will include Gon, Killua, Illumi, Hisoka, and Meruem. There aren't that many with Meruem.