THE UNLOVED HUSBAND

By Lovesotrue

Isaac hurriedly ran towards me and scooped me up in a very tight hug, his head buried on my neck. "I don't c... More

CHAPTER TWO: HIS POSSESSIVE SIDE
CHAPTER THREE: HIS QUICK QUESTION
CHAPTER FOUR: HE OVERSTEPPED
CHAPTER FIVE: HIS NOTES
CHAPTER SIX: TWO EMOTIONS
CHAPTER SEVEN: I MISS YOU
CHAPTER EIGHT: TRUE LOVE'S KISS
CHAPTER NINE: STILL ON
CHAPTER TEN: WEEKEND PLANS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: NO WONDER
CHAPTER TWELVE: YOU TOO
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: FOUND
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE DIFFERENCE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: PROMISE ME
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: THE HANDSOME EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: IF I COULD HIDE HER AWAY
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE WHISPER
CHAPTER NINETEEN: SCARED OF MAKING WRONG DECISIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY: SHE SAID YES
CHAPTER TWENTY - ONE: LET THE FLOWERS FALL
CHAPTER TWENTY - TWO: JUST LIKE HOW
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: STURDY HEART
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: SOMETHING HAS CHANGED
CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE: FOURTEEN RULES AND ONE RING
CHAPTER TWENTY - SIX: THEIR FIRST NIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY - SEVEN: OUR FIRST RULE JUST GOT BROKEN
CHAPTER TWENTY - EIGHT: CHAOS OF SEVEN HEARTS
CHAPTER TWENTY - NINE: UNDER THE STARS
CHAPTER THIRTY: IT'S STARTING TO CROWD
CHAPTER THIRTY - ONE: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
CHAPTER THIRTY - TWO: FOUR QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
CHAPTER THIRTY - THREE: IT ISN'T MY STORY; BEFORE AND AFTER THE STORM
CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR: BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WEDDING
CHAPTER THIRTY - FIVE: WHILE SHE WAS AWAY; SINGULARITY
CHAPTER THIRTY - SIX: A STEP BACKWARD
CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN: EVERY WEDNESDAY
CHAPTER THIRTY - EIGHT: A GLIMMER
CHAPTER THIRTY - NINE: THE VERY QUESTION
CHAPTER FORTY: NO MORE
CHAPTER FORTY - ONE: 4 AM
CHAPTER FORTY - TWO: IS IT BECAUSE?
CHAPTER FORTY - THREE: STAY AWAY
CHAPTER FORTY - FOUR: A YEAR AND A HALF
CHAPTER FORTY - FIVE: NEEDED SAVING
CHAPTER FORTY - SIX: ROOFTOP MEMORIES
CHAPTER FORTY - SEVEN: THROWN GUIDANCE
CHAPTER FORTY - EIGHT: PERFECT STATE
EPILOGUE: BEGIN

CHAPTER ONE: FALLING FOR THE BOSS IS BAD NEWS

3.5K 109 15
By Lovesotrue

 Bismillah.

Chapter One: Falling For The Boss is Bad News

Isaac's POV

"Wrong again Vianna. Are you really a Business Management graduate? You cannot even write a proper memo," I complained, trying not to raise my voice.

The woman in front of me just had her head down.

"I'm sorry Sir," she simply said.

I inhaled and sighed. I cannot let my pity win this over.

"I'm sorry Vianna, but I think I would need a new secretary. You've been having the same mistake thrice in a row. Things like memo and my schedules must be arranged by my secretary, not me," I said to her gently.

She looked up and I saw her eyes wanting to cry.

"Don't worry. I'm not firing you. I'm just transferring you to another department. You can be a great help at the production team" I said to her.

"Thank you Sir, thank you very much," she said in relief.

I simply smiled at her.

"You can take the day off. I will call Anthony from the HR to notify of your transfer," I said.

"You are very kind Sir," she said.

I just nodded at her and opened my laptop for me to type in the correct memo I needed to forward to the other department. I guess when I really want things to get done around here, I must do it myself. I wish Dorothy, my previous secretary who is also my maternal aunt did not have to retire early. But her husband, Uncle Mujib wanted her to be a housewife and enjoy their marriage as all of their three children were professionals already.

"Uhm excuse me Sir," Vianna said.

"You're still here?" I asked her.

I am a little annoyed already. I already helped her despite her incapability. What else does this woman need?

"I actually have a roommate Sir who I believe would be the best secretary for you. She's really smart and she's a conservative Muslim. She graduated in Creative Writing. Currently, she's working as a dishwasher in a local restaurant here. When it comes to work, she's absolutely perfect in everything," Vianna started blabbering.

I raised my hand, asking her to stop.

"Call her now so she can distribute this memo," I simply instructed her.

"Right away Sir," she said then storm away from the room towards the exit.

I shook my head and laughing at the situation. How can a creative writing graduate who's perfect in everything be a dishwasher at a local restaurant? And why on earth did you Isaac Khalid let that Vianna choose a secretary for you?

Maybe because again, you always let the pity you have for people take over you.

I went back to encoding, wishing that dishwasher writer is already here. For some reason, I was curious.

Fatima's POV

I was readying for Zuhur when my phone rang. I look at it and saw that it was my roomamate and friend for three years, Vianna. I quickly answered it as I went to the prayer room of the restaurant I was working on.

"Hello Vianna?"

"Fatima!" she exclaimed and giggled.

"What? You're too happy. Did something good happen?" I asked, giggling myself.

"My boss needs a new secretary and I told him about you and guess what?"

"What?" feeling excited myself.

"I recommended you and he wants to see you today, like ASAP," she blurted out.

I covered my mouth in disbelief.

"Are you serious? Wait, aren't you his secretary? Ohh, you got a promotion?" I asked as I sat on the floor.

"Ahh, hehe, uhm, I got the memo wrong again, so he politely asked me to vacate the position and just work at the Production Department. I really don't mind it. Mr. Isaac Khalid is too indimidating but kind, two contradicting qualities that can make anyone extra careful, extra shy, and extra nervous. I think the production team will be better for me," she lengthily answered.

"Ohh I see, wait, when do I have to meet him?"

"After you eat and pray?" she asked.

"Okay, hey what did you tell him about me?"

"It doesn't matter. I think you and him will make a perfect pair at work because you're both perfect," she teased.

I just shook my head.

"Okay, I will see you there in an hour, bye," I said, dismissing the memory of how I first felt when Vianna showed to me an internet article about her boss. The only thing that my mind thought of back then was, "What a catch."

Mr. Isaac Khalid is one of the country's bachelors. He's 30 and he owns a Book Production Company called Writeworthy Inc. His company is well – sought of by bookstores locally and internationally. TV stations and film companies also bid for his copyright of famous authors in the country.

To be honest, it was my goal to be one of his clients. I wanted my writing skills to be put into good used and Writeworthy has been producing and reproducing worthwhile Islamic books. So far, he only has one Islamic fiction story and writer that he worked on. It's called The Unloved Wife, produced by a famous female writer who passed away fifteen years ago. I even bought the book myself, because it was honestly good and quench my thirst of hoping that true love does exist.

Okay Fatima, snap out of it. Pray and get ready for the interview that might change your life for the better.

****************************************************************************************************

Isaac's POV

I arrived back at my office at 1:30, after praying at the masjid. My phone instantly rang and I didn't have a choice but to answer it as Vianna already took the day off before telling me that her friend, Fatima will be here soon.

"Hello Sir, this is Abigail of Reception, a certain Fatima Maryam is here to see you but no appointments have been made. Shall I send her to your floor?" the voice on the other line said.

"Send her in," I told her.

After hanging up the phone call, I directed my eyes towards the laptop and studied the project proposal for free adult books for single Muslims. In less than five minutes, I hear a knock on my door and my bodyguards outside escorted a veiled woman inside my office.

She was wearing an abaya with yellow veil. She had glasses on that did not invade most of her face. She has a white soft face and her long – bridged nose matched her jawline. She smiled at me confidently before speaking.

"Assalamu alaykum Mr. Isaac Khalid. My name is Fatima Maryam. I'm Vianna's friend. She told me that you were looking for secretary," she said.

I raised my hand then nodded at my two bodyguards to leave us. As soon as they left, I stared at her again.

"Please come near and have a seat Ms. Maryam," I told her politely.

She did not speak anything and walked towards my table. I carefully watched her walk and was impressed with her flourishing modest and yet she's oozing intimidation, like some smart girl who knows herself but humbles herself.

She sat on the vacant chair on right and handed me a folder.

"That's my resume Sir, should you want to know my qualifications," she said cheerfully.

"Oh good, you came prepared," I said while opening the folder.

Fatima Imran Maryam, 22 years old and graduated cum laude in Bachelor of Science in Journalism, major in Creative Writing, won numerous literary and public speaking awards. Work experience included teaching in high school for a year.

"Why did you quit being a teacher?" I asked.

She looked down on her lap before answering.

"I needed time for myself," she said then looked back at me.

My hands were itching to remove her glasses, wondering if she would look prettier than she is now if I remove them. I bet she will seem more attractive and womanly.

Ya Allah, why am I feeling something for this stranger already? Astaghfirullah. Aoothubillah.

"Are you employed right now? Vianna told me you work in a restaurant," I had to ask.

"Yes Sir but I am willing to quit that job and be your secretary, should I be qualified," she answered humbly.

"I see. Hmmm, with your educational qualifications and credentials, I hope you can do the paper works in this job, as well as arranged my schedules and meet clients with me. I would also need you to travel with me, from time to time. Should you feel uncomfortable of having no mahram in our travels, you are free to bring any of your relative," I explained to her.

This time, her eyes sparkled and she sat up straight.

"I believe I can be the right secretary for you Sir," she said.

I chuckled.

"That's what Vianna said to me too when I hired her two weeks ago," I teased.

She smiled so widely and covered her mouth with her pink handkerchief.

"Let me guess, you taught her that, didn't you?"

She giggled and nodded in agreement.

"Yes Sir," she told me.

"So can you start this afternoon? I need to see if you can handle me. If at 4:30 pm which is the time we get off work, you survived, then you'll be hired," I told her.

I cannot just hire her on the spot. As much as I find myself lured to her. I wanted to see first if she's not just all talk.

"Right away Sir. I need to get settled then," she stood up and arranged her sling bag on her left shoulder.

The sling bag is local and cheap. Maybe I should buy her a new one as a welcome gift once she gets hired. Wait, what? Cut it out Isaac.

"Is there any specific thing you wish me to do Mr. Khalid?" she asked.

I leaned back on my chair and looked at her.

"Check what do I have for this afternoon. You can check Vianna's computer. I believe it's on her desktop. Brief me about it and I would need you to print the Book Project Proposal of Mr. Awad Yaqub into three copies. Send each one to the Charity Department on the second floor, to the Budget Audit and to my Vice President, Mr. Ismael Bara. And please prepare me some tea, two teaspoons of sugar and no teabags," I instructed her.

She simply nodded with a cheerful face. Wow, this girl must be raining on optimism.

"Right away Mr. Khalid, excuse me," she said before turning around to leave my office.

Hmm, she's really interesting, confident and smart, I like it. I continued reading the proposal while consciously waiting for my tea.

In a little while, Fatima arrived carrying a tray, filled with a cup and a saucer with a small plate of cookies.

"Here you go Sir," she said as she placed the cup and the plate on my table. She held the tray with her left hand in such a way that it was leaning on half of her chest. It was then I noticed, she was opening her phone.

It's an Android Phone, but she can do much better with the latest iPhone. After I will hire her, I'll buy her a phone and a working tablet.

"Sir, at 2:30 pm, you have a meeting at the conference room with Ms. Shahannah Abd together with the Director Heads of Charity Department and Budget Audit alongside with Vice President Ismael Bara. It will be about Ms. Abd's proposal on producing free books for single Muslim adults. Then at 3:30 pm, you have to visit the book launching of Dr. Aid – Al Qarni at the Waleed's Convention Center. Then at 4:00 pm, shall be your contract signing with CEO of Islamic Foundation Television, for the airing of The Unloved Wife. At dinner tonight at 8:00 pm, you will need to be on your jet plane heading out to another country, to the Republic Government of Kalesa because at 7:00 am tomorrow, your presence is needed for a groundbreaking ceremony of the four – storey school building you just donated in a rural school. That would be all Sir. Do you have further instructions?" she said, not ever breaking eye contact with me.

Amusing, she talks fast but it entertains me. She must have transferred her schedule files on her phone. Witty.

"Thank you Fatima, very well said," I said, complimenting her.

She smiled as if she too was satisfied with herself.

"Okay Sir, I will now distribute the proposal as you instructed, should you have no more questions and instructions," she told me.

I looked at the details of her face and notice that she was not wearing any make – up at all, not even lip gloss. Her lips were just naturally dry red, but why am I itching to touch them like I'm drawn to them. Astaghfirullah.

I cleared my throat and pressed something on my laptop, feeling distracted.

"None, you may go back to work," I told her.

"Alright Mr. Khalid," she said and left my office.

It was then I released the breath I didn't know I was holding.

God, why does that lady have a different effect on me?

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

My stomach was not doing me a favor. My mind is so well – conditioned for the upcoming meeting that I would need to attend with my tentative boss. However, my body's reaction is different.

I was having loose bowel movement. Of all days, this day, my lbm is taking over.

Hooh! I can do this! But first I need to buy that medicine that will get my tummy settled. I cannot leave the meeting abruptly later on just because I would need to defecate. That would totally lose my chances of being hired permanently.

I hold out the phone, and shyly speed dialed my boss. I was standing and from here, I can see him over the glass wall, typing something on his laptop.

I heard the ringing and he immediately answered it. Of course, he would know it's me as the telephone would light up line 1.

"Yes," he began.

His deep voice seemed warm and inviting. Ugh, this man is perfect in every way. Okay snap out of it Fatima and focus.

"Sir, I would need to step out of the building for a minute, to buy my medicine at the pharmacy. I will be back right away, may I?" I asked politely.

He turned his gaze away from the laptop and looked at me, by the glass wall. His gaze were looking at me and I could not make out what emotion he was having. He is sorta hard to read.

"Why? Is your stomach upset?" he asked.

That almost made me gasp. How did he know? Of course Fatima, he would know. He must have hundreds of employees going through the same thing, working for him.

When I couldn't answer, I heard him sigh.

"We have a clinic in this building. Dial line 12 and have someone from there to hand you the medicine you need," he instructed gently.

Urgh, he is so gentle and kind, making me more embarrassed now. Okay, my boss knows I am having LBM. Way to go Fatima!

"Oh... okay, thank you Sir," I said.

I heard him sigh again, his gaze was never leaving mine though.

"You know what? Lemme dial line 12. Just stay put on your table," he said. And with that he hang up.

I kept on staring at him still. He was dialing and I placed the telephone down. I sat down too, not wanting my boss' attention anymore.

Who in the world would go out of his way to ask someone in the clinic to bring medicine to his secretary? As I wondered about that, I felt the need again to head to the comfort room.

Ya Rabb. I stood up and headed for the bathroom in the door opposite mine.

I should be grateful that the CEO's secretary office is flourishing with amenities.

After doing what I must at the comfort room, I press on some powder on my face and headed back to my table. However to my surprise, my very boss, Mr. Isaac Khalid was there, seated on the chair across my table. Then on my desk was a glass of water and a pill.

"Take this. It will make you feel better," he said as I slowly made my way to my chair.

As I sat down, and being up close with him, it is then I can smell more of his manly perfume. His chiseled face makes him edgy in a handsome kind of way. His hair was well combed and his black suit and blue time makes him a man you would respect in an instant. He has some air of authority and luxury in his entire demeanor.

"You didn't have to but thank you Sir," I said.

He held the glass of water and opened the pill.

"Take this now," he said a bit firmly, looking into my eyes intently that had me conscious and uneasy.

I nodded and got the glass of water. But as my right hand got the med, our fingers brushed off to each other. I felt like an electric shot just hit me.

He must have sensed it too as he hurriedly remove his hand and placed them on his lap. I took the med, slightly turning away modestly.

After taking it, he smiled at me.

"You don't have to be nervous for the meeting Fatima," was all he said before standing up and heading back to his office.

Oh my gosh, my heart is beating fast and I think my mind just tells me that oh boy, my boss is freaking sexy, hot and sweet.

Astaghfirullah. Get a grip of yourself Fatima! Lower your gaze before you end up falling for your boss. And falling for the boss is definitely bad news!

****************************************************************************************************

"They desire to extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths. But Allah refuses to do other than perfect His Light, even though the disbelievers abhor it. It is He Who sent His Messenger with guidance and the True Religion to exalt it over every other religion, even though the idolaters detest it."

- Qur'an (Surah At – Tawbah, 32:33)

_____________________________________________________________________

Any thoughts so far? Feel free to vote and comment. In shaa Allah.

Jazakallahu khairan! ^____^

a

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 7.5K 46
Guys it's going to be a pure and innocent love story. If anyone is looking for a dark romantic story then it's not for you. But still you are welcome...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
297K 12.5K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
957K 57.7K 65
I stare at him horrified. it couldn't happen my life was already ruined, and I don't want it to be ruined any further. No! It can't happen! I scream...