Snakes and Splinters [PUBLISH...

由 Jojo_B

PUBLISHED SEQUEL TO [PUBLISHED] THE SEVEN DEADLY SIMPSON BROTHERS. WATTPAD SAMPLE ONLY, FULL STORY AVAILABLE... 更多

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
Publishing details
END OF SAMPLE
Published On Tapas App
Phoenix Simpson PUBLISHED!

9

11.3K 538 88
由 Jojo_B

© Jojo B 2018

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

Snakes and Splinters

9

Before I knew it, it was Saturday and I was up and ready for my counselling session with Pandora. I kissed Walter goodbye as he lay in the bed and left the house after a light breakfast. I put on my coat and took the tube to my destination. Pandora Andris called me into her office after a few minutes and I got up and joined her inside with a wide smile.

She asked me how I was as I sat in the sofa and she took her place in her armchair.

"I'm good thanks," I answered. "And yourself?"

"Very well thank you. So how has this past week been for you?" Pandora asked me, sliding her sleek dark hair out of her face with one of her bright red nails.

"It's been...eventful," I said after a thought.

She raised her eyebrows in interest, "Would you like to share?"

I nodded, thinking of where to begin.

"Well I had a nightmare this week actually," I remembered the feeling of panic and then Walter soothing me.

"How did that come about?" a cloud of concern fell across her face.

"I'm sure it was triggered by someone else's anger," I said vaguely, recalling Phoenix's shouting. "I'm not sure. There was some shouting. Walter's brothers were probably fighting. You know, boys being boys."

She mirrored my smiled and nodded, "That's to be expected of them, yes. What you just described to me though was your sub consciousness reacting to outer factors...strong emotions that are emitted from others near you. Rage, for example. During your abuse were you subject to that?"

I nodded, the truth being: somewhat yes.

Pandora continued with a sympathetic expression, "It's a natural reaction, but as time goes on you will learn to move past it," she said to me.

"Yeah," I said. "Like you did."

She smiled, "Yes. The nightmare you had, did it hinder any progress with your self confidence? With Walter maybe? Sometimes past memories can cause people to go backwards with the improvements they have made."

I understood what she was saying. Ultimately I didn't want to freak out each time I got intimate with Walter and recently that hadn't been the case actually. It was rather the opposite. A small blush coloured my cheeks as I sent her a smile.

"It didn't actually," I answered Pandora. "I've actually made a little more progress."

She raised her eyebrows and smiled in pleasant surprise, "That's good. And there were no feelings of panic and fear? Quite like the ones you had described to me in the beginning?"

I shook my head, "No. Walter was careful as usual and I don't know...I just went along with it."

I could tell Pandora was happy for me and she grinned, making me blush even more as I remembered the moment Walter and I had shared in his car on that impulsive, yet wonderful date we had had.

I smiled a little, "I think...I think I'm finally getting over this problem of mine."

***

I arrived at work soon after and raised my brows in surprise when I saw the leaders of both the Simpson Snakes and the Santiago Splinters already together seated inside.

Phoenix and Carlos sat at a two-seater table in one of the back corners. The sight was simply so alien, I had to pause and simply stare. There weren't any windows to the outside where they sat and the light from the wall lamps, casted down faint shadows over their faces, bringing out the definitions of their facial features. The sharp peaks of Carlos' cheekbones and the tensed muscles in Phoenix's jaw. It made me smile inside at the fact that two people I cared about weren't fighting for once and looked to be having a somewhat civil encounter with each other.

Neither of them noticed me and I quickly went to the staff room to put my things away, slipping off my coat so that I was in my black work attire. After a quick brief from my manager, I stepped back out into the front of house, walking round to where Phoenix and Carlos was sitting. They had already been served drinks, but the waiter who had been attending to them had just finished his shift, so I gladly took over.

I saw Carlos look up and smile at me when he caught sight of me approaching. Phoenix's shoulders stiffened through the dark long sleeved shirt he was wearing and he turned to look at me also. I saw him relax and nod at me and I nodded back at him and my half-brother, knowing a grin would annoy Phoenix to no end.

"How's it going?" I asked the two of them, standing over their table with a notebook as if I was about to take their orders.

Carlos smirked and leaned back in his chair, looking over at Phoenix.

"Ask him," he said, lifting his chin in Phoenix's direction.

Phoenix scowled back at him and hardened his jaw again, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Wait," I said quickly before they could argue, not that I thought Carlos would give into one, but then again he had to lose him temper sometimes, didn't he?

I held my notebook down by my side and looked between the pair of them, "How long have you been here?"

"Fifteen minutes," Phoenix grumbled and Carlos rolled his eyes, picking up his beer and taking a sip.

I smiled faintly. To me, working together would be worth it and I'm sure they knew that too, otherwise one of them would have walked out by now.

"Phoenix doesn't like working with someone on the same level as him," Carlos said after placing his glass back down. "He likes being the only shot-caller."

"Not true," Phoenix muttered, flicking his attention to the older male. "I just don't like working with you."

Carlos chuckled lightly, "There I was thinking you'd grown up. My, my Phoenix, you're not eighteen anymore."

Phoenix tightened his fist on the table top and I widened my eyes, hoping he wasn't thinking of trying to throw a punch.

"You're too proud," Carlos went on. "You can't even admit you like being the only one in charge. You used to be worse, I know that, but you haven't changed that much in these past four years."

"I don't really like you Carlos," Phoenix said to him straight. "I tolerate you. I don't know why I thought we could work together all those years ago. I was deluded."

I wanted to ask Phoenix what there wasn't to like about Carlos. Carlos was a lot friendlier, both to me and towards his family. I had barely seen him angry in all the time that I'd known him, whereas I'd seen Phoenix angry more times than I'd seen him smile. However, I didn't dislike Phoenix at all, like Landon had told me a long time back, Phoenix had been through shit, probably things that he hadn't even told all his brothers.

"I don't particularly like you either," Carlos shrugged. "But life would be boring without your stupid self around. You and your brothers keep me and my boys entertained."

I had raised my eyebrows at the minor insult and Phoenix growled under his breath. The two regarded each other silently and I could sense the tension growing even thicker.

"How about some chips?" I jumped in desperately. "Or some sandwiches? It's lunch time after all."

Phoenix didn't take his eyes off Carlos and continued to glare at him, but Carlos turned his face in my direction.

"No gracias," he murmured to me.

I didn't know why, but that seemed to anger Phoenix even more and he hit his fist against the table top.

"Stop speaking Spanish to her and let her get on with her job," he muttered.

"It's okay," I raised my hand. "It's a little empty right now so I can stay for maybe another minute."

Phoenix said nothing and neither did Carlos, who had returned his gaze to his rival gang member.

"You need to think not just about yourself, but for your gang and for your men," Carlos said eventually with a sigh. "Neither of us have enough men to fight back whoever is responsible alone. We have to put our gangs together."

I saw a couple more customers sit down and noticed a look from one of my colleagues.

"I have to go now," I said to the two men. "I'll be back when I can."

They nodded and I went to serve the other customers.

I went back to Phoenix and Carlos' table over the course of the afternoon and topped up their drinks, switching to water as they didn't want to actually get drunk. What they were discussing were serious matters and they needed to concentrate. I didn't hear much of the details because they paused every time I came, but it didn't matter, I just wanted them to shake hands at the end of it and declare that they'd made an agreement.

They spoke for two more hours and by the end I could already tell what the outcome was. I grinned at them as Carlos smirked a little bit and Phoenix held his usual straight face. As least he wasn't glaring.

"So what's your decision?" I asked them anyway, wanting to hear it out loud.

Carlos grinned when Phoenix sighed deeply and my older brother looked at me, a hand rubbing his chin. I'm sure he had the ultimate pleasure in declaring the words that Phoenix didn't want to hear but knew were necessary in solving the issues at hand.

"The Snakes and Splinters are forming an alliance."

I couldn't wait to see the reaction of all the others, both Simpsons and Santiagos. I had a feeling it would be a very mixed response, maybe even explosive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think?

J

X

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

609K 30.5K 101
7 deadly demons and a freshman college girl. Surprisingly, they will become more attached to each other, than anyone could have predicted. *** Runni...
4.8K 268 40
we all know about the 7 deadly sins but what will happen when they come to earth to find their prey or I can say preys what you think they will do a...
397K 22.9K 47
(SEVEN DEADLY SONS BOOK 1) Lust, Glutton, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. These are the SEVEN DEADLY SINS that humans have constantly been...
8.7K 531 14
Lust, greed, sloth, gluttony, wrath, envy, and pride; the seven deadly sins. It seems that they can all be found in the Royal Palace of Madrid. As Ch...