Decim x Reader

By Montana21Michaelis

I haven't seen a lot of Decim stories, so I'm making my own. More

Welcome

Love?

761 16 16
By Montana21Michaelis

Upon hearing those words I couldn't help the blush that spread across my face.

He bows at a 90 degree angle then holds out his hand.

I take it and he leads me to a bedroom.

"This will be your room for the time being. I hope you enjoy it. The nice thing about being dead, I guess, is that you don't need food or water."

I walk over to the bed and lay down. "It's so soft. Where is your room?" I ask curiously.

"Right next door." He replies with a stoic look.

I frown and pull him over to me by his hand.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he falls onto the bed.

I laugh lightly and sit him up. I move the corners of his lips upward. "Now that's better. You look cuter with a smile."

Decim blushes looking down. "Thank you I guess."

"Well if I'm gonna be here for a while I want to see you being happy."

"Then I will do my best to make you happy by making myself look happy."

I laugh lightly and nod. "It's a deal." I hold out my hand but he just looks at it.

"What am I supposed to do with your hand?" He asks and I shake my head.

I take his hand and shake it. "You shake hands to confirm a deal." I explain.

He nods in understanding.

I kiss his cheek and lay down.

He blushes more than before. "I should go. I may have another customer soon."

"Could I watch? Maybe I could help you." I ask sitting up quickly, then clutching his hands tightly.

He looks at our hands then into my eyes. "I don't see why not."

I stand up quickly then drag him out back to the bar.

He laughs slightly causing my heart to beat hard against my ribs.

The elevator dings and a middle aged man walks out, looking like a hobo.

I bite my tongue with one eye closed.

Decim laughs at my expression but once the man gets closer he goes back to a stoic look.

I frown and sit at the bar.

The other elevator opens and young girl walks out.

My heart breaks seeing her.

She's so young to have died.

Decim looks at me then back at the two.

As the events of their judgement play out I couldn't believe what information was revealed.

The man was hit by a car on his way to his volunteer job and killed on impact.

The girl killed herself because her parents had another daughter.

I couldn't believe how selfish the girl was, and at such a young age. I felt guilty for judging the man based on his ragged appearance.

Decim and I make eye contact but I quickly advert my eyes.

The girl ran at Decim and cut his face with her nails.

I gasp quietly but Decim raises his hand.

Strings grab the girl and drag her to the elevator.

The man slowly follows and goes into the other elevator.

The girl kicks and screams as the doors close.

I wave sadly at the man and he waves back as his door closes.

I look at Decim quickly. I jog over and grabs a wet cloth. I dab his cheek with the cloth.

"You don't have to do this." He comments but I shake my head.

"It's nothing. Are you ok? Does it hurt?"

He shakes his head and puts his hand on mine. "It doesn't hurt."

I blush lightly.

"What is this feeling? This tightness in my chest? I want to smile and yet hide in my room."

I laugh lightly. "By the blush on your cheeks I'd say embarrassment, maybe some happiness."

Decim frowns looking into my eyes. "Arbiters are not supposed to feel."

This causes me to frown. "But you are Decim. You're different from other arbiters. You're special." I lean up and kiss the corner of his lips.

Decim blushes looking at me, but soon the happy look on his face turns stoic. "You should sleep. I have a few more before I must go to bed."

I sigh softly but nod. "As you wish." I set the cloth down and walk to my room.

*Decim's pov*

My heart pounds in my chest when she's near me or touching me.

It hurts, but I want more.

Why am I feeling? I'm an arbiter, we aren't supposed to feel. We are just dummies.

"You're different from other arbiters. You're special."

That's what she told me.

The elevator Dings pull me from my thought.

Every couple that comes in helped me with my problem.

One woman seriously injured her husband.

A middle aged man was on his way to see his pregnant wife.

A teenage guy was in the middle of telling the love of his life how he felt.

An elderly woman was at her deceased husband's grave.

Every time, I asked about how they showed affection for their love.

Of course I got nothing from the one woman, who I sent to the void.

Although I got many examples from the other three.

Kiss her to let her know I like her. Give her presents to show she's special. Tell her she's the only one and that I wanna spend the rest of my life with her.

"Kisses, gifts, sweet nothings." I whisper to myself as I walk to my room. I lay on my bed and closes my eyes.

As I begin to slowly fall asleep I could hear sobbing.

But it was moving, and getting closer.

My door bursts open and a body collapses onto my chest.

(Y/n) cries into me so I wrap my arm around her waist and hold her close.

I assumed it was a nightmare so I didn't ask what was wrong.

The advice of the dead run through my mind.

I look down at the sobbing girl and slowly kiss her head. I whisper sweet nothings into her ear.

She blushes deeply, which I think meant she was embarrassed.

Is that a good or bad thing?

"Decim," she whispers looking into my eyes.

I lean down and kiss her, on the lips. I pull away moments later. "I know we just met, and I know I'm not supposed to feel. But I learned tonight, that I love you. When my heart pounds against my ribs, the pain that I want more of... it's love."

Her mouth was open as if she wanted to speak, but no words come out.

I frown at her silence. I close my eyes and lay back down.

Suddenly her lips were back on mine.

My eyes widen in surprise, but kiss back.

"Decim I love you too." She whispers against my lips.

I smile against her lips as we continue the kiss.

When we pull away something shiny catches my eye.

I look over at it and sees it's a necklace. I smile softly and grab it.

"Is that a necklace Decim?" (Y/n) asks and I nod.

I wrap it around her neck then kiss her cheek. "It's a gift for you. You mean a lot to me. So I was told I should give you kisses, gifts, and sweet nothings."

This causes her to laugh.

I look at her confused. "What is funny?"

"You don't have to do those things for me. They are nice and I will gladly accept them but being in your arms is enough. Having you near me is enough. I don't need material things. Knowing you love me too is enough to make my heart soar."

I smile softly and peck her lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
73.3K 2.5K 48
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
173K 4.9K 67
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
998K 61.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...