The Light To His Darkness

By bonezzzzzz

In which Mason James finds himself falling for the innocent and naive girl named Lily Rose. When Lily's pare... More

Description & Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
The End
First Time
College
Second Book?
Sequel
help plz
plz read
New book!!

23

185K 5.3K 2.2K
By bonezzzzzz

L I L Y

After I brought Mason to the nurse, his name was called over the intercom.

"Mason James, please report to the principals office."

I frown and look up at Mason, who just rolls his eyes. "Let's go, angel." He stands up from the chair and holds out his hand.

I tilt my head unsurely. "Y-You want me to come with?"

His jaw clenches. "If you're not there, i'll say something that I shouldn't and get in even more trouble."

I nod in understanding and follow him to the principals office. I've never met the principal here. I look around nervously as we enter the front desk area. Mason seems to already know the way to the office so I continue to let him lead me.

"How much trouble will you be in?"

Mason wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to his side. "I'll probably be suspended for the rest of the week." He says this as if it's no big deal.

My eyes widen. "That's a long time. Who's gonna pick me up in the morning, and drop me off after school? A-And who's gonna protect me in dodgeball?" I ramble, looking up at him with worry while tugging on the end of his shirt.

His eyes soften. "I'll still be able to pick you up and drop you off, baby. Carter and Noah will look after you in gym. You have nothing to worry about. You're a big girl, remember?" He raises his eyebrows at me as we stop in front of a door.

I pout and shake my head, while he chuckles and leans down to kiss my lips. I pull away a few seconds later to avoid being seen like this.

"You'll be okay, love." He reassures me one last time before opening the door.

The first thing I see is the large desk in the middle of the room. My eyes widen at the man sitting in the chair behind it. He looks scary.

I'm surprised when he speaks, since his voice turns out to be soft and gentle. "Nice to see you again, Mr. James." He chuckles a little.

Mason grunts in reply and I can just see him rolling his eyes. I look at the name tag on the desk.

'Mr. Spencer'

Mr. Spencer clears his throat. "So, I heard you were in yet another fight? This time with a sophomore." He says as he reads through a paper.

Mason scoffs. "He should've kept his mouth shut." He mutters, with his jaw clenched.

Mr. Spencer sits up straighter. "What exactly happened?"

Mason rolls his eyes. "He was being a little bitch-" Mr. Spencer clears his throat, making Mason glare at him. "He was being a pervert, talking about my girl."

The man behind the desk glances at me. "I assume this is your girlfriend?" Mason looks down at me and curtly nods.

I glance back up at him in surprise. Since when?

I'll have to ask him about it later.

"How was he being a pervert? What were his exact words?"

Mason stiffens at the principals question, and I can tell he's getting angry by how tense he is now. I look down at our hands and move mine over to lace it with his.

Mason glances down at our hands, relaxing at the sight of them, before he clears his throat. "I'd rather not say in front of her."

Mr. Spencer then looks to me. "Would you mind stepping out for just a second, sweetheart?"

I slowly nod and glance up at Mason. He sends me a reassuring smile and reaches into his pocket to pull out his phone. "Here angel, play on this if you get bored." He kisses my forehead while I take the phone out of his hand, before exiting the room.

I take a seat in one of chairs next to the door and put in Mason's password.

I kick my feet as I play a coloring game that Mason said I could download.

I smile when I finish the pink unicorn, after about five minutes, and choose another picture. Before I can start on it, somebody sits next to me. I look up with a polite smile on my face, but it quickly drops a little when I see who's sitting next to me.

The guy from my first day here.

The one who tried to touch me.

I notice there's a scar on his eyebrow from one of Mason's hits i'm guessing, since it wasn't there before.

He smirks when he sees my uneasiness, and leans against the arm rest closest to me so that our arms are almost touching.

I attempt to scoot over in my chair, but I don't get very far.

"I heard boy toy got into another fight." He says casually, obviously referring to Mason.

I watch him warily.

He leans down right next to my ear. "In my opinion, what that guy was saying...was true."

"H-How do you know what he said?" I ask hesitantly, keeping my voice down.

He leans back in his chair and chuckles. "Those type of things spread like wildfire around here, babe"

I frown at the nickname, not liking how it sounds coming from him.

"What did he say?" I whisper cautiously.

His smirk only gets bigger and I shift in my seat from his uncomfortable stare. "He said that you were fine as fuck..." I flinch when he curses, and jump when he suddenly brings his hand up to place it on my shoulder. "And that you look amazing in that dress." He says, lowly. His hand trails along my shoulder until it reaches the strap of my dress.

My eyes widen as I bring my hand up and place it on top of his. He's obviously way stronger than me, so my attempts at pulling it off don't work.

"P-Please let go."

He tugs on the strap so that it's now hanging down my arm. I attempt to pull it back up, as tears stream down my face, but he snatches both of my hands and holds them with one of his. His gaze gets lower and lower until it reaches my chest. I squirm, getting more uncomfortable as the seconds pass.

As I continue to try and remove my hands from his, he moves his free hand as if he was going to do the same with the other strap, but thankfully the door to the principals office slams open.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Mason growls, snatching my hands away from him and gently pulling me up from the chair. He moves my small figure behind his larger one and continues to glare.

I wrap my arms around my body for some sort of comfort.

The guy only continues to smirk. "I was just messing around with her, it's no big deal." He rolls his eyes.

Mason goes to charge at him, but another body stands in the way. "Relax, i've got this Mr. James." Mr. Spencer says, glancing at Mason and then returning his glare to the other guy. "Ryan, come with me." He says sternly. So that's his name.

As Mr. Spencer follows after Ryan into his office, Mason turns around to face me. He looks me up and down with worry, scanning my entire body for any sort of injury. "Are you okay? Where did he touch you?"

His eyes land on the strap of my dress and he immediately reaches out to fix it. "That son of a bitch." He mutters, before finally pulling me into a much needed hug.

I sigh and nuzzle my face into his chest.

"I'm sorry I left you out here alone." He mumbles against the top of my head.

I shake my head. "It's not your fault, Masey."

Mason sighs and kisses my forehead. He mumbles something under his breath that I can't understand and tightens his grip on me.

Maybe i'm going crazy, but his words sounded a lot like, 'I love you'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
18 0 15
Lily Jones is a 17 year old girl. She's had a tragic experience in life and is later on forced to move to a different school. She is smart and always...
1.7K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
562 1 33
Luna hasn't exactly have the easiest childhood, one where she could recall good memories. Only anger and violence. She's angry and lashes out at any...